[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's been exactly 60 days / 2 months since the worldwide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: 1460723375863.jpg (39 KB, 358x568) Image search: [Google]
1460723375863.jpg
39 KB, 358x568
>It's been exactly 60 days / 2 months since the worldwide announcement of Pokémon Sun and Moon
>No starters, no Legendaries, not even box art or silhouettes of any kind
>no concrete information whatsoever, just "lol we have traditional chinese now!!! :))))"
>slated for Holiday 2016
>as of right now that's roughly 8 months away
>promise info in April CoroCoro, turns out to be them lieing through their teeth to sell more copies, "we will have a big scoop next month we promise ;))))))"
>failing that, we have E3 to look forward to the month after
>last Pokémon showing at E3 was the abysmal OR/AS

They think this is a fucking joke right? They shit on their fans for a whole generation, and this is their idea of earning back goodwill? By blueballing to the max? They should be fucking doing at least SOMETHING about Sun and Moon's promotion. Not an all-out info spree that ruins the mystique like X/Y and OR/AS, do not get me wrong. But just SOMETHING.

This keeping-your-cards close tactic is only doing them more harm than good. Look at the damage that's been done to the fanbase already for refusing to throw us a bone. I'd say whatever they plan on doing shouldn't even account for goodwill anymore seeing as the damage has already been done. This isn't how a company should behave after offering lackluster products from before; they should be doing everything in their power to make up for it with the new product. It's just business 101.

Why the FUCK show us a shitty cobbled together documentary showing concept art either? Is that supposed to be a way to ease us? What if people get the idea that you JUST STARTED WORK ON THESE GAMES because of the radio silence? And then you go on live TV to troll some more.

Yeah, I don't know about you, but this already confirms Sun and Moon will be hot garbage. I don't even need confirmation of some fugly forced fakemon starters to tell me that. Wake the fuck up people and STAND YOUR GROUND.

Because this is NOT. ACCEPTABLE. AT ALL.
>>
>>26074225
*tips fedora*
>>
>>26074225
>last Pokémon showing at E3 was the abysmal OR/AS
>OR/AS
>abysmal
When will this meme end?
Only people who seriously thought the Battle Frontier and hard mode would return got overhyped and disappointed.
>>
It's only Gen 6.5 so they don't want to show too much otherwise they'd blow their wad.
>>
Get a hobby, faggot.
>>
File: 383Groudon.png (761 KB, 1137x1137) Image search: [Google]
383Groudon.png
761 KB, 1137x1137
This drought never ends
>>
>>26074251
It's gen 7 but you want attention.
>>
>>26074225
By the time they announced Pokemon SM they probably didn't even work on the game at all, so all they had was that concept art. Anyway, I don't mind them not spoiling too much this time, they kinda ruined XY by revealing everything before the games released.
>>
File: image.gif (165 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
165 KB, 600x400
>>
>>26074225
You idiots' faults for the whole gen7 meme.
GameFreak knows the less they reveal, the more you guys will continue to spout it and thus hype the game up
>>
>>26074245
I think he means that the showing was abysmal. Pretty sure it was just that tiny clip of kyogre and groudon
>>
File: 676.jpg (114 KB, 576x854) Image search: [Google]
676.jpg
114 KB, 576x854
>>26074225
>No starters, no Legendaries, not even box art or silhouettes of any kind

Starters: Nyabby, Ashimari, Mokuroh
Legends: Solgaleo, Lunaala, (Marshadow)?
Box art: pic related :^)

>promise info in April CoroCoro, turns out to be them lieing through their teeth to sell more copies, "we will have a big scoop next month we promise ;))))))"

>corocoro states that they start special features every month.
>pic related was a special feature
>>
>>26074276
You do realize that if they hadn't strarted work as of the announcement, there is no possible way this game will be any good by the holidays, right?
>>
>>26074225
I'm glad you aren't an FF, Mega Man, Metroid etc. Fan boy if you think this is treating your fans badly.
>>
>>26074245
Well to be honest who didn't expect the Battle Frontier to return, in a remake of the Generation that introduced it?
>>
>>26074276
>They Ruined everything by showing everything?
Everyone doesn't like surprises and BTW the lack of new Pokémon ruined Pokémon X and Y.

It's better to know what your getting before you get it.
>>
>>26074225
>being this entitled

Calm down, tough guy. It's just a game.
>>
File: 1461665246303.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461665246303.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>
>>26074276
lol what

what do you think they've been doing since XY's development completed
>>
>>26074276
>>
>>26074225
fampai, this is the 20th anniversary. They're probably waiting for E3 to show stuff, since it's more high-profile.
>>
>>26074225

We haven't seen any ingame stuff and it's worrying me. More than anything I want a screenshot of what the actual game looks like... if they fixed things up or if it'll be identical to ORASXY.

I can wait for Pokemon reveals, even though all these fake leaks are annoying. But not knowing how much effort we're getting in the actual game is a big deal- makes me really wonder if SM is going to be its own thing or just a continuation of the mess gen 6 was. Magearna speculations pointing toward Diancie is already indicating this.

I need to know we're getting a clean break. I don't think we are.
>>
>>26074289
You're not nearly as funny as you think you are.
>>
>>26074358
>us 04/
ORAS motherfucker
and after they finished with that, concept art. cant you read.
>>
>>26074425
>identical to ORASXY.
>gen 6 was
Pick one you fucking nerd
>>
>>26074330
Pretty much anyone with a brain.
>>
File: 881.jpg (72 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
881.jpg
72 KB, 900x600
>>26074276
>>26074456
>>
>>26074438
You aren't as smart as you think you are, saying that.
>>26074251
Stop with this fucking "6.5" meme. I'm Henrying so hard, but we gotta talk about the possibility before discussing parallel universes.
It's either gen 6 or gen 7, all depending on if they can battle with XY/ORAS or not.
>>
>>26074335
Actually if you count megas you got plenty of new pokemon.
Also that's not what ruined x and y
Finally, it doesn't surprise me that leak hype cancer like yourself has such shit taste in game design
>>
File: 1460548200859.jpg (158 KB, 530x636) Image search: [Google]
1460548200859.jpg
158 KB, 530x636
>>26074320
They know they can get away with mediocre games because of the shit they did with ORAS by not having a Battle Frontier. They just remove features that take too much development time and rush to get the games out during November/December.
>>
>>26074301
But they've shown more than just Groudon and Kyogre clip during E3
>>
>>26074276
>By the time they announced Pokemon SM they probably didn't even work on the game at all, so all they had was that concept art.
>shitting out a game in less than a year
If this is true then have no doubts in your mind that S&M will be the shittiest games yet.
>>
They're showing us nothing in order to increase hype... but I don't think that's a really smart idea, unless the final games are gonna be great. Our expectations are gonna get bigger and bigger while we wait, especially with all the fake mons created by fans (I know, some were shit, but some were really nice), the crazy theories about the new teams and the region and so on. If the first pictures they show us aren't amazing they're gonna get a huge hype backlash.
>>
>>26074484
How? Who honestly sat there in the pre-release days and said "I don't expect the Battle Frontier to return, and anyone who does has no brain" again, in the same fucking generation that introduced it?
>>
>>26074591
I don't have much hope for good quality games after the big dip in quality compared to the last generation games.

Gamefreak knows it can make millions by making a mediocre game, why would they try harder when people will already pay for it?
>>
>>26074225

[traditional chinese intensifies]
>>
File: 2016.jpg (100 KB, 600x430) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
100 KB, 600x430
>no starters
>>
>>26074594
I agree, i think this strategy is horribly annoying and might backfire in a big way.

First of all they had some backlash for 6th gen (mainly some ORAS issues), not a huge one (at least outside of vp) but still, they took a longer break, then they started literally deceiving fans with Zygarde and Z stuff. Then they introduced Sun and Moon with over 2 months of stalling without any info.

Thats stupid imo becuase, like you said, people will just have bigger and bigger expectations over time. Even as of now there's plenty of poeple confused if Sun and Moon is just a new generation or some sort of gen 2 situation where we get 2 generations (new with old) combined. Anime is also stalling any Zygarde plot. It very easy to disappoint people now. Some want new gen, some want XY closure. If we wont get both GF will fail imo
>>
>>26074225
Impatient faggot. I hope you day to eternal bleeding before the games' release.
>>
File: Dutygenerate.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Dutygenerate.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>26074225
>>
>>26074225
>>implying to annaounce everything for a game that comes in november
yeah sure op, you are really a marketing genius.

Marketing usually starts 6 months before release.
And if there is a NX cross release don´t expect something before NX reveal
>>
>>26074225
And yet we are al here discussing.

Because we care in a way or another and nothing will keep us away from pokemon.

Each and every faggot in here will sprint to buy the games milliseconds after they get released. Mark my words.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.