[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We try to to find a Pokemon that all of /vp/ can agree on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12
File: 354.png (14 KB, 263x288) Image search: [Google]
354.png
14 KB, 263x288
ITT: We try to to find a Pokemon that all of /vp/ can agree on as being a great design.

This does NOT mean it has to be your favorite, or even a top 10, but something you could put down as a 9/10 design at least.

Rules:
1)Do not include evolutions, megas, forms, or any other related design in your consideration. However, standalone forms and megas can be discussed.

2) Critique only based on aesthetic appearance and originality of the Pokemon in question. Try not to pick Pokemon you use alot or have a personal connection with and instead pick ones you think genuinly are good designs, whatever that means to you.

3)When posting, agree or disagree with whatever design you want, but use actual design strengths/flaws in your argument. You can also post a mon you would rate at least 9/10 in addition to a response. Don't comment on whatever mon you post.

4)Pikachu, Lucario, Ditto and Charizard are automatically disqualified.
>>
>>26070263
Anorith
>>
>>26070272
That's only our least hated.
>>
File: 1425841024646.png (35 KB, 250x432) Image search: [Google]
1425841024646.png
35 KB, 250x432
Wasn't this done already and the winner was Anorith? But I'll post this glorious bumblefuck. I'm not a fan of the tail. Is that supposed to represent something? other than that though, 8/10
>>
>>26070263
Banette seems kind of bland. Could use a bit more detail to get across the point of "abandoned doll", like some patches and tears here and there
>>
File: Garbodor_BW055.png (2 MB, 1566x881) Image search: [Google]
Garbodor_BW055.png
2 MB, 1566x881
Try to prove this doesnt scream 10/10 anons

>protip: you can't
>>
>>26070294
Needs some more actual trash showing on the design, if you ask me.
>>
On Anorith: I've always been a bit bothered by the... mouth(?) on top of its head. Still, I like it overall.
I like Armaldo a little more, but I feel that Armaldo is also right on the verge of having too much going on.

Aggron. It is relatively simple, with a distinctive flavor to it. The horns compliment the head shape, the arms and legs aren't comically stumpy, and I can actually see how the whole thing works in motion, despite having little to no grounding in reality.

Slowpoke. Another pokemon with little other obvious inspiration other than "monster", I love the simple, cuddly design. The recurring curl (ears and tail, mostly) soften the design even more than the coloring.
>>
>>26070263
Banette's design is killed by that hideous mouth zipper, oh god if it just didn't have that fucking mouth zipper I could like it, but it kills it for me.
>>
File: Spr_1b_079.png (585 B, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
Spr_1b_079.png
585 B, 56x56
It's the dopy pokemon, and you can't get much dopier than this.
>>
>>26070578
It's already bland enough as is.
>>
>>26070263
Togekiss
>>
Heracross wins in all categories.
>>
>>26070888
I'd rather it have pointy teeth made of felt or something, just naything but a god damn zipper.
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 250x250
>>
File: SAAAAA.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
SAAAAA.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>26071113
Other than the fact that its shiny looks shit because it removes the glasses, Krookadille has a pretty solid design as it represents the creature its based on well though the the design could be a bit less busy. 8/10
>>
>>26070578
I love that mouth zipper.
>>
Ralts
>>
File: Emolga.png (129 KB, 442x303) Image search: [Google]
Emolga.png
129 KB, 442x303
I feel like the answer should be Emolga. I didn't read the last thread, so I don't know if there were already objections.
>>
I'd vote for the ZigZagoon line, probably.

It's not really overdesigned, yet it's still detailed and interesting to look at. It's at a nice place design-wise between the very simple and monochrome earlier pokemon designs and the far more complex later designs. but it and it's line are clearly very fast, and their design are art emphasize that.

Zigzagoon looks jittery, and the sound for Zigzagoon mimics that to a T. It also is filled with small little jigs and jags, which make it appear to be nervous and fast, even while still.

Linoone looks sleek and smooth, and the sound for Linoone mimics that fairly well as well. Linoone also has a more smooth line-filled design, which parallels it's faster movement and more fluid movement.

Both look curious and interested in their surroundings, and their moveset and abilities reflect that.

Honestly, I don't think any other pokemon line is tied in better to a common theme all-around. Often, the abilities and the mvoepool and the typing and the design have something out of synch. Like, the ability could be great but out of place, or the design is generic and lacking in personality, or the movepool doesn't reflect the design and personality. But Zigzagoon and Linoone perfectly encapsulate all of that. All of them fits, while looking like something that you'd actually expect to realistically see in a world filled with Pokemon.
>>
>>26070263
Flygon's design is great.
>>
>>26070285
I dont like anorith, lets start over, anorith is ugly
>>
File: 292Shedinja.png (157 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
292Shedinja.png
157 KB, 475x475
Who could dislike this guy?
>>
>>26070286
No
No it doesn't
Fuck you
>>
File: image.png (40 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40 KB, 250x250
perfect
>>
>>26070286
>patches and tears here and there
t. Deviantart
>>
>>26070357
>>26070872
>Slowpoke
Thirded.

It's just simple enough to be universally appealing while being distinct enough to avoid "literally my aunt's hippo" syndrome.
>>
File: hUx3PYZ.jpg (189 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
hUx3PYZ.jpg
189 KB, 800x764
>>26070357

>On Anorith: I've always been a bit bothered by the... mouth(?) on top of its head.

What are you talking about, its mouth is on the underside of its body.
>>
>>26072787
I really want to know, where the hell is darkrais mouth? Is it the red thing?
>>
>>26070286
Go back to deviant art.
>>
File: Furret.jpg (134 KB, 781x736) Image search: [Google]
Furret.jpg
134 KB, 781x736
>>26070263
>absolute cutemon
>grounded in reality, but still distinct to real ferrets
>>
bump this
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.