[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think DexNav (or something with the same use with diferent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
Do you think DexNav (or something with the same use with diferent name and look?) will come back in SM?
I really hope soo,hands down one of the best features in pokemon nex to soaring and pokemon walking with you.
>>
I don't want to know the encounter beforehand in all honesty.
>>
>>26069176
By the miracle of free will, you are allowed to ignore this mechanic.
>>
>>26069176
>>26069193
Even then it's not always knowing the encounter but more what you want to encounter
>>
>>26069193
No, I'm not if I want to use its other features.
Jesus fucking child that you are.
>>
>>26069229
...he said in an incomplete sentence.
>>
>>26069253
My sentence is neither incomplete nor would that imply I'm a child
>>
>>26069173
>good features
>ever returning
>>
>>26069229
You have to fucking sneak to know the encounter beforehand. And if the pokemon simply popped out in your way, it is the same as not knowing your encounter beforehand.
>>
>>26069425
You don't have to explain the feature to me. It's taking random encounters out of a jrpg. And no, it's not the same at all. I can't keep up with your mental gymnastics.
>>
>>26069433
There are tons of jrpgs that don't have random encounters
>>
>>26069433
Nigger a lot of jrpg's doesn't have random encounters. Disgaea, one of my favorites doesn't have random encounters, actually pretty much all encounters have defined levels, characters and positions.
>>
>>26069433
oh my god you look so fuckin retarded in this thread buddy.
>>
>>26069433
Holy shit you are without a doubt the biggest faggot ever.

>great optional featuee
>"b-but it forces me to use it through mind control and takes away hands down the worst feature of all JRPGs"

Kill yourself and improve the gene pool.
>>
>>26069173
I was thinking about this today and I hope they advance the feature even more by having pokemon walk around in the wild. Like we see their sprite and everything. This could lead to follwing pkes too
>>
>>26069610
This could be in safari, instead of hacing tall grass, there are just a bunch of pokes in a wide space, you have to attract them with food, and try to capture it with pokeballs.
>>
>>26069454
Yes, ad populum isn't an argument
>>
>>26069493
Whom are you quoting?

>>26069487
Tfw you'll never be this mad. Feels good being an adult.

>>26069465
Tfw you'll never be this racist. Feels good being an adult.
>>
>>26069899
The comment you replied to is neither ad populum nor an argument
>>
>>26069907
>Saying nigger on 4chan makes you racist.
>M-muh wacism
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>26069493
Dude I'm just passing by and I think you're a stupid faggot.
>>
>>26069173

If it's a good optional feature, it ain't coming back.

That's the Gamefreak way.
>>
>>26069173
Hopefully that just fucking goes away. This immense clusterfuck of meaningless gimmicks should just fucking disappear and make room for actual content.
>>
File: 1459135171067.jpg (15 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1459135171067.jpg
15 KB, 255x255
>>26069907
>racist
m8...
>>
>>26071190
Umm are you seriously want them to cut out content so they could implement content?

Thats not how it works
>>
>>26069173
the dex nav is one of the most useful features ever so naturally it will be removed in gen 7. also, they will expand the playnav features so i can read about even more stupid shit other players are doing
>>
>>26069433
It's an incredible tool for post-game hunting since it makes breeding for good stuff and finding shinies way easier, though. Who even uses DexNav during the story.

>INB4 JUS INJECT U FAG HUEHOIHUEHUOE
>>
File: 1460357016116.png (72 KB, 497x356) Image search: [Google]
1460357016116.png
72 KB, 497x356
>>26071469
>mfw Gen 7 will likely have social media integration
>>
>>26069173
it's a great feature for a remake, it'd be kind of shitty in a new region desu desupai.
At least not until at least endgame.
I wouldn't mind it if it wasnt one of the less clunky features (not that it isnt clunky, just less) to have on the lower screen.

One thing's for sure, if it returns it'll be lazily copy and pasted without being improved at all just like X/Y's shitty bottom screen selection.
>>
>>26069173
>soaring

I don't get why people have such a boner for this. It's not a bad feature but it just adds so little in my eyes. It's Fly without an HM that takes longer to do. It looks nice but that's it.
>>
>>26072161
nintendo can't even get the console to work with social media
the games will never go that far because they're literally too lazy/incompetent
>>
>>26072198
>It's Fly without an HM
>It looks nice

You answered your own question. That and the music is cool.
>>
>>26072217
I rather just keep Fly on me and get the whole thing done in 10 seconds rather than a minute.
>>
>>26072198
the main reason I enjoy it is because if I happen to not have someone with fly in my team, I can still get anywhere.
it's really pretty and filled me with childlike wonder and joy the first couple times, but the novelty wore off quickly.

now it's just a nice alternative if I don't have a flier (which is good because fly is kind of a shitty move now that acrobatics is a TM), luckily they didn't make it a part of the static GUI or anything so you can pretty much ignore it.
>>
>>26069173
DexNav is one of the best new features GF has introduced this generation, and I hope they recognize the value of it.

Before DexNav, there was not a lot of reason to get into wild encounters after you have caught all the Pokémon you want. Specifically, in older games, once you have finished your dex there was pretty much no reason to fight wild Pokémon ever again.

Now, with DexNav, encountering the same Pokémon multiple times gives you a chance at egg moves and good IVs, as well as a higher shiny chance. This is useful all the way through the game, and in the post game as well.

I really hope this feature makes its return in every following game.
>>
>>26069268
Are you dyslexic?
>>
>>26069433
>It's taking random encounters out of a jrpg
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.