[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 1456901448821.png (527 KB, 1489x662) Image search: [Google]
1456901448821.png
527 KB, 1489x662
ITT Our Wishlists for Gen 8

Rules
>It's a Hard Reboot. Harder than Gen 5.
>No old 'mons/cross-gen evos til post-game.
>Anything else is allowed. Go crazy.

Bonus Round
>What are the names? I like Plus/Minus.
>>
File: 1461515746853.png (4 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1461515746853.png
4 KB, 255x255
>>26068511
>Plus/Minus
Those were horrible names for gen 7 and would end up sounding like no thought was put into the themes for gen 8
>>
>>26068529
>would end up sounding like no thought was put into the themes for gen 8
Are you serious? Game Freak can make a theme out of fucking anything.
>>
If that gen 7 will be another reboot because it's an odd gen (RB,RSE,BW) ,gen 8 will be a smaller gen like XY,DP and GS.
>>
>>26068511
>Pokemon Pus/Mins
>>
>>26068543

Wrong. Gen 7 is the 20th Anniversary special. It'll be the Closing Chapter to the past gens.

Gen 8 will start the 2nd Phase.

>Gen 8
Reboot
>Gen 9
Sequel
>Gen 10
Reboot
>Gen 11
Sequel
>Gen 12
Reboot
>Gen 13
Whatever Gen 6 was
>Gen 14
Closing Chapter
>>
Needs to be a fuck load more difficult, I only play roms because the main games are just too easy. First four Gym leaders have four Pokemon, next four and the elite four all have six. Gym leaders should get to level 50.
>>
>>26068594
This. Also, PWT and Battle Frontier.
>>
>>26068560
>It'll be the Closing Chapter to the past gens.
what chapter?? i don't understand you,sorry...
>Gen 7 is the 20th Anniversary special
And that's why i'm expecting a 130 gen at leat,i guess they want to celebrate and thanks all the fans for buying the games,and the best to do it imo it's doing a 130-145 gen with good history,2 regions and whatever,it makes total sense my friend,people where angry why the lack of pokemon in xy do you think GF want to get his fans angry with another -100 gen?? i doubt it really,i just can't see GF doing this to us,they are even holding information for surprise us,this gen will be a great experiencie like Gen 1 was 140 mons + some old favourites in the dex,good history and characters and a kalos region to z episode,that would be a great annyversary glift,but if i'm wrong i eat my words of course,sorry if i offended you or if i seem rude.
>>
>>26068594
>Game for 10 year olds
>Difficult
>>
>>26068560
>being this convinced everything is a pattern
>>
File: 1458945760371.gif (802 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1458945760371.gif
802 KB, 264x264
>>26068511
I think you mean Gen 7.5
>>
Why Gen 8? Shouldn't it be Gen 7?
>>
>5 or less legendaries
>>
>>26068821
Fuck that, go back to the gen 3/4 glory days.
>>
Assuming 3d models:
>Minor levels of variance/randomization on Pokemon of the same species/level.
For instance, a Pokemon might be slightly taller, shorter, thinner, thicker, have a slightly sped up or slowed down set of idle animations/party icon animation etc. If there are hidden values a la IV in the game, they are reflected in the Pokemon's variations.
>nicknames slightly alter color values like in Pokemon Stadium 1/2
Because it's neat.
>>
File: 1455564781905.jpg (107 KB, 521x1532) Image search: [Google]
1455564781905.jpg
107 KB, 521x1532
>>26068821
this

>>26068854
all this

I really want variants like pic related
>>
>>26068511
>hard reboot

Why do people call Gen 5 a hard reboot? Do you know what a reboot is? If Gen 5 was a hard reboot, than Victini would have been #000 in the National Dex, and all Pokemon from gen 1-4 would have been removed from canon.
>>
>>26069696

>Harder than Gen 5.

He can't read.
>>
>>26069761
He sad hard reboot, harder than Gen 5. Implying Gen 5 was in any way a hard reboot, which it wasn't.

Pokemon will never have a hard reboot. They can't just throw away Pikachu. Over 50% of their merchandise is Pikachu.
>>
>No more 3d. It looks awkward.
>Megas are removed
>Pokemon that need evolutions are given them
>Pokemon with shitty movepools are given them
>Pokemon that are objectively shit are no longer shit. What's the point of making them in the first place if they're gonna be entirely useless?
Once you beat Champion you have 2 options:
>Accept title and you get a battle daily from a somewhat randomized aspiring trainer. If you lose, you have to go through E4 again until you beat the trainer.
>Decline title and the canon champion stays champion

>Map of the route/town/area you're in, and everything that's entered your screen can be input into a map you can access. I was playing through ORAS and just navigating that fucking water area, going in circles while looking for trainers and items was obnoxiously tedious.
>>
>>26071329
>Megas are removed
Found the fucking faggot
>>
>>26071455
Found the 13 year old who got into Pokemon during XY.
>>
>>26068543
>smaller gen

Ironic seeing how the even ones are the most content filled and enjoyable gens.
>>
>>26068560
It's not part 1 and part 2. It's Act I, Act II and Act III.

Gen 1-4 was Act I, the set up to the series and a build up to the best generation so far, Gen 4, to show everyone what the ideal pokemon generation should be. Supported by all the regions being based off Japan and being a connected whole.

Gen 5-6 and probably 7 and 8 are Act 2, being the tragedies of the franchise and setting up loose ends like the Original Dragon, Zygarde and the SuMo/Gen 8 third legendaries. Supported by the regions being disconnected and sporadically placed.

Gen 9-12? will be Act III, which will be the climax, a return to form and the grand conclusion to the pokemon story. Will resolve all loose ends left from Act II and it's own third legendaries, and expand on those from Act I.
>>
File: 2Do2MuK.jpg (147 KB, 745x1063) Image search: [Google]
2Do2MuK.jpg
147 KB, 745x1063
>>26072092

>It's not part 1 and part 2.
>It's Act I, Act II and Act III.
>Gen 1-4 was Act I
>a build up to the best generation so far, Gen 4, to show everyone what the ideal pokemon generation should be.
>Gen 5-6 and probably 7 and 8 are Act 2
>being the tragedies of the franchise
>Gen 9-12? will be Act III, which will be the climax, a return to form and the grand conclusion to the pokemon story.

Literally SOURCE: YOUR ASS: THE POST
>>
>>26072116
It was all said by Masuda in an interview, but he understandably didn't want to give too much away since they weren't even at the halfway point in the story. But it was 100% confirmed by him that this is the case.
>>
>>26072123

>It was all said by Masuda in an interview

HOLY SHIT

SOURCE = ZERO

I'M LAUGHING SO BADLY RIGHT NOW

HOLY SHIT

NICE BULLSHIT ANON
>>
>>26072123
>implying Masuda would say they'd make four gens purposefully badly
>implying Game Freak would purposefully make four gens bad
>>
>>26068729
what the fuck are you trying to say
>>
>>26072127
It was one of the recent ones, I forget which. But it's there in the interview, you can look it up if you like.

>>26072129
He repeatedly says he has big plans in interviews before Gen 5, 6 and now 7 to assure people that Pokemon is on track despite appearances. Including in the one where he said this. You can look it up if you'd like.
>>
>>26072151

>you can look it up if you like.

No, I won't look up your imaginary head canon on Google.
>>
I have a few wishes.

>The bad guys of the game go back to simple thievery and dickishness, enough with the "HURR IMMA DESTROY THE WORLD" shit
>Optional Nuzlocke mode where if your mon faints it's automatically removed from your team, and the game only allows one catch per route
>Allow pokemon to walk with you again
>Ability to make and run your own gym
>>
>>26072155
If you want, I'm just telling you what Masuda's said.
>>
sup my fav pokemon is eevee ^.^ and i figured out how to make real pokemon irl....i can post pictures but it would be very weird
>>
>>26072168

Masuda said you're a huge faggot. You can look it up if you want.
>>
>>26072175
I've read all the interviews, he doesn't say that.
>>
>>26072169
Post boypussi, fag
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.