[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the rest of the manga as good as the red blue and green chapter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: pokemon adventures.jpg (30 KB, 230x323) Image search: [Google]
pokemon adventures.jpg
30 KB, 230x323
is the rest of the manga as good as the red blue and green chapter was?
>>
>>26067742
>is the rest of the manga as good as the red blue and green chapter was?
Nope Yellow sue comes in and ruins everything
>>
>>26067778
nah, I like my little reverse trap

>>26067742
Ruby/Sapphire is probably the best arc.
>>
>>26067778
yea im kinda wondering whats up with yellow
im only a couple chapters in to that arc and she seems to have these like mystical powers or whatever
can having one minor encounter from red turn you into an above average trainer with mystical healing properties?
>>
>>26067985
>can having one minor encounter from red turn you into an above average trainer with mystical healing properties?
No, Being from Viridian Forest gives healing power and communication with Pokemon.
>>
>>26067742
Yellow is good, GSC arc isn't as good, but still solid. I also liked the RS and DP arcs, but the E and FRLG arcs were kinda meh. Haven't read any others yet.
>>
>>26067985
Trust me, it gets worse from there.
>>
>>26068212
FRLG felt like it spent a lot of time on a simple idea.
>Team Rocket is being evil again. And Deoxys too.
I don't even remember how it ended.
>>
>>26068238
iirc, it ended with Deoxys vs Mewtwo and a hint towards Rhyperior
>>
>>26067742
Ruby/Sapphire is so fucking solid at the start but the end buckles under the weight of the sudden appearance of the E4 and the Regis. It's easily my favourite arc though. RBG is great but the characterization in RS is Special at its best.

The fight between Norman and Ruby is god tier.
>>
>>26068294
Oh, and it's completely isolated. You can read Ruby/Sapphire without reading any other arcs.
>>
>>26068212
DPPt is world-class, but it does require you to slow down to read through the manzai skits. Which isn't a bad thing.
>>
File: 1452038434699.png (147 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
1452038434699.png
147 KB, 500x715
no, it gets much better(at some points) try to not touch the remakes or third versions they seem to be the weakest
>>
>>26070252
Why did they kill him? This is why I hate the neomanga
>>
It has its ups and downs, but if you liked the first arc, you'll love what comes later.
>>
>>26070297
No he won't Yellow sue kills what made the first arc great
>>
File: tumblr_o4oo9n7DFj1rgvmfqo2_540.jpg (288 KB, 540x763) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4oo9n7DFj1rgvmfqo2_540.jpg
288 KB, 540x763
>>26067742
Red Blue and Green?? My boy, you are about to experience something amazing

They are ALL excellent, keep reading

(And don't ask for advices in this site, fool)
>>
>>26070301
Yellow is certainly a "down", but it's not indicative of what comes after it.
>>
>>26070324
>don't ask advice from this site
Wrong. Everywhere is in the popular hivemind lol mango so good anime sucks.

Even the manga has its downs.
>>
>>26070344
This is the filth that I was talking about.
>>
>>26070352
>opinion is filth

Listen faggot I actually like the manga but hate the Yellow chapters and XY chapters.

This is what I'm talking about the fags who act like it is 100% perfect
>>
>>26070378
Have you been reading XY's official releases? I remember hating BW in the early days because only one magazine was being translated. Once I read it with the missing chapters, it became one of my favorite parts.
>>
>>26070378
>I hate yellow, XY chapters

Who the fuck cares? I didn't ask your opinion filth, OP did. You've attached yourself to my comment.

now crawl back to your hole, off you go!
>>
>>26070301
Yellow shittery only really happens in the Yellow chapters, GSC, and by extension the Emerald chapters. ORAS, BW2, and XY have their own problems.
>>
>>26067742
RS > RBG > BW = DPPt > GSC > ORAS(so far) > HGSS > Y > FRLG >>>>>>>>>>>> E
>>
What chapter/volume is the one where Hilda is crying for Black as he flies away or whatever into the sky?
>>
What's the best place to read that have the current scans?
>>
Should I bother reading the manga? I heard mixed things, I like the idea that it's an actual world with dangerous animals and you could die, but I also heard that a lot of the characters are fanfic tier sues.
>>
File: bravo.jpg (405 KB, 717x1154) Image search: [Google]
bravo.jpg
405 KB, 717x1154
RBG is good

Y is mary sue OC town

GS illustrator had cancer before they got replaced, ok otherwise

C I don't remember about

RS is good but has an asspull ending

FRLG I don't remember much about other than the unbelievably silly title drop (pic)

E has god tier battles but the OC MC is the ugliest motherfucker to ever exist, and story goes into fanfiction territory

DP is good but also translation hell with the japanese comedy shit

haven't really read the rest
>>
File: okay.png (75 KB, 320x289) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
75 KB, 320x289
>>26072344
Yeah, they're all "special" in their own ways. Black's pretty good though, as is the entire Sinnoh trio.
>>
iirc Crystal/Kris had her own time in the spotlight, how was that?
>>
>>26072673
Catching 'em all, Suicune bullshit, not much else. She's not the worst.
>>
>>26072705
I stopped around emerald.... Was Lyra a new character or a reskined Kris? And what was HGSS about?
>>
>>26067742
If you enjoyed the RGB arc you'll like most of what follows.

Yellow is decent but strays towards a but more mystical powers feeling. A focus on pacifism is nice to see though and Pika is pretty good. Overall it wraps up and expands on characters better.

GSC is pretty good but don't expect the villain to make sense. Especially with their powers. Gold and Silver have a nice dynamic and Gold is a top tier MC. Things halt abruptly for Crystal to be introduced, but she's got a unique twist. End if the arc is either awesome or rushed. You take your pick.

RS is a good arc that shows some poor planning near the middle and has some dubious choices near the end. Ruby's pretty good, and Sapphire unravels a bit. The fact that the 80 days time limit stops mattering after awhile can be annoying.

FR/LG is a nice arc with good fights and good planning. Deoxys vs. Mewtwo is a treat and if you can look past some soap drama, it's a short fun ride.

Emerald wraps up gen 3, and the fights are some of the best, along with good explanations of how the battle frontier works, but Emerald himself is a chore.

DP is great but fatigues near the end. Characters are top tier. Platinum wraps up the arc but was rushed as fuck. Still really good arc though.

HGSS is good but really fucking short so it loses all urgency.

BW is pretty consistently good, the middle might drag a bit but there was planning put into it. Black and White are fun characters. Still unfinished in the BW2 arc so some things are left in the air.

XY seems decent so far, ORAS... Not so much. Not much to go on though.

Generally you'll probably find something to like about every arc.
>>
Any good battle pics?
>>
>>26072714
Kris wore Lyra's outfit.

And HGSS is a prequel to DPt that focuses on Team Rocket going after Arceus to bring Giovanni back as a leader and the Johto dex holders having to keep Arceus from giving up on humanity.
>>
>>26072739
Literally the only good thing about ORAS are the Dia and Pearl cameos.
>>
>>26067742
sometimes worse, sometimes better, overall keeps a steady quality
>>
>>26067742
great tier: RGB, BW, DP
good tier: RS, GSC, Pt
okay tier: XY, FRLG
mediocre tier: HGSS, B2W2
shit tier: ORAS, E
>>
>>26074286
I thought FRLG was pretty good, honestly.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.