[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances they get rid of this comfy feature? 100%?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: eonflute.gif (2 MB, 294x174) Image search: [Google]
eonflute.gif
2 MB, 294x174
What are the chances they get rid of this comfy feature?

100%?
>>
>>26067074
You betcha
>>
110%
When have they ever kept a cool-but-extraneous feature between gens
>>
File: dank trash meme.png (56 KB, 671x609) Image search: [Google]
dank trash meme.png
56 KB, 671x609
>>26067074
>comfy
>>
>>26067074
100%

RIP Mirage spots
>>
>there will never be a pokemon game with all of the removed features from past gens included
>>
>>26067074
Guarenteed to be gone in the next games, which is a shame. Good things never become staple
Walking pokemon
Trainer customization
Flying
>>
Honestly, I'll be really sad if this gone completely. Having access to fly at anytime was godtier
>>
>>26067074
Soar and the Dexnav were the main things that made me feel positive towards ORAS
So yes, any good new features must be gotten rid of, its the gamefreak way.
>>
>>26067074
Soaring definitely.

Flying to routes I hope not.
>>
I'll take soaring being gone if it means they'll keep secret bases desu
>>
>>26067121
>'we didn't include soaring in SuMo because we want you to enjoy the new areas'

yfw
>>
>>26067106
What's the full list?
>>
It's slow. I wouldn't mind keeping it if they removed the cutscene
>>
>>26067128
Following Pokemon
Photograph spots
Trainer Customization
Poketch apps
PokeGear functions
DexNav
Trainer's Eye
VS Seeker
Gym Leader rematches
EXP farming (Audino in BW, Blissey bases in ORAS)
Flying to routes
Pokeflute
Animated sprited (removed after Crystal, didn't return until BW)
Challenge Mode & Easy Mode
Entralink
Game Corners
Wireless adapter minigames
Voltorb Flip
Pikachu's Beach
Safari games
Join Avenue
Berry Blending
Pokemon Dream World
Pokemon World Tournament
PokeStar Studios
Contests
Whatever that dress-up shit was in BW

No doubt I'm missing some
>>
File: HopesDeleted.jpg (34 KB, 720x510) Image search: [Google]
HopesDeleted.jpg
34 KB, 720x510
>>26067074
>Soaring and the DexNav are two of the best new features they've ever included
>They'll probably never return
T-thanks Game Freak.
>>
>>26067106
There will be one once Nintendo goes broke and desperate enough.
>>
>>26067200
>Features that don't carry to next gen
>Audino Gen V, Blissey Gen VI
>>
>>26067200
You missed the sinnoh underground, and thus the mining mini-game, which was one of my favorites.
>>
>>26067200
>Voltorb Flip
Thank godness.
>>
>>26067200
A few more

e-Reader compatibility
Mystery Gifts from friends
Diving
Gold leaves
Riding Pokemon
Seasons
Day-of-week specific events
Day-of-year specific events (no Diamond Dust in ORAS)
Time-specific text ('Good evening, you're out late')
Pokeathalon
Bug Catching Contest
Union Room
Medals
Dynamic MIDI music
>>
>>26067200
>Animated sprited (removed after Crystal, didn't return until BW)
Nah son, it was a staple of third versions (Emerald, Plat). BW did something different by permaanimating them.
>>
>>26067223
You missed my point.

BW offers ideal exp farming with shaking grass. No other game offers the same ease of exp gain, other than ORAS with Blissey bases.

When they remove secret bases, Blissey is still in the game, but where the fuck are you going to fight a full team of them, repeatedly?

>>26067247
Shit taste.

>>26067226
Ah, that's right. Also Secret Bases, in both incarnations. They weren't in BW or XY.
>>
>>26067255
>dynamic midi
Rest in peace.
>>
>>26067275
Voltorb Flip is literally gambling. There's no skill involved. How can you like it?
>>
>>26067247
And they replaced it with...
Literally nothing. Wooh!
>>
>>26067273
Those aren't proper animations. Emerals and Platinum sprites two frames with simple warping and flashing.

Crystal had actual animations, with multiple frames. Didn't get that again until Unova.
>>
>>26067074
>Fly HM
+Gets you to places quickly
+a fairly decent Flying type attack
-requires pokemon to learn an HM
-requires pokemon that can Fly
-requires you to visit a place first to be able to Fly there

>Soaring
+doesn't require HM
+doesn't require party pokemon at all
+immersive, allows you to fully explore the region in depth
+allows you find secret places, inaccessible by foot or even Fly
+battles in the sky, a whole new dimension to fight in; never have Flying pokemon had an environment to themselves the way other types have (Water= rivers, ocean, underwater, Grass/Bugs= forests, Ghosts= graveyards, etc)
+SICK FLIPS
-that fucking cutscene
-takes far longer, can also get in random encounters

Honestly, its soaring for me. I don't mind the extra time it takes to get to places if I get to finally ride a pokemon in the sky and really explore the region like I've wanted since Blue.
And not having to force myself to have a Flying type in the team, or a goddamn HM, is a god send.
>>
>>26067292
>they replace it with nothing
Who are you to say that? Also, literally nothing is still better than a huge turd forced down your throat
>>
>>26067074
100%, same goes for customization.
>>
>>26067297
I think soaring is fine if you can skip the cutscene, or make it so that it doesn't require a legendary. But soaring/riding pokemon etc is proof GF is trying to do away with HMs, which is a good thing
>>
File: vfuw954ttnva7hxtaeld.jpg (43 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
vfuw954ttnva7hxtaeld.jpg
43 KB, 636x477
>>26067305
>>
>>26067311
Nope. It's gone in ORAS because you know both your parents. Literally the only reason. Customization is a huge necessity now that the game is basically an mmo and has avatars.

>>26067326
That's not Voltorb Flip.
>>
>>26067124
>secret bases
>good
>useful
>>
>>26067289
There's luck involved, but I played the shit out of it, and it's certainly not bereft of strategy. There's a method to the madness, and once you figure it out it's the easiest way to get coins in any Pokemon game.

>tfw used to took forward to sunday just to listen to PokeGear retro music and flip some orbs
>>
>>26067275
>same ease of exp gain
Rotation battles in lumiose restaraunt pretty much were, they also gave out tons of dosh simultaneously
>>
>>26067347
>he doesn't train against Secret Base Trainers
>>
>>26067356
>but I've played the shit out of it
I don't care. Not an argument. Fuck off with this ad emotional bs. It's just a chore, it doesn't require skill. That's what Voltorb Flip is. It's an awful feature and fuck it if I ever see you pretend to like it again.
>>
>>26067289
>Voltorb Flip
>no skill
Are you retarded?
>>
>>26067368
>Eh, the whole process of entering resuraunts and being fed through the cutscenes is a deterrent

Audino in BW is incredibly quick. Fly to Undella town, bike up for 4 seconds, then pace. Blissey bases, fly to a secret area and enter one of 6 caves.
>>
File: 1461601999676-1.jpg (14 KB, 92x112) Image search: [Google]
1461601999676-1.jpg
14 KB, 92x112
>>26067101
Pretty rare Pepe you got there friend
>>
>>26067373
>fuck off with that emotional argument
>literally makes a whining post without understanding the issue at hand

Okay anon. Okay. Keep fighting the good fight against those blasted anecdotes.

It's literally a game of skill that replaced pseudo-random slots that literally require no skill. You just find he machine that has the highest rate, put in three coins, and win money.

Actually, if we're being more specific, it replaced a machine that shits out a random number of coins each day without any game whatsoever.

The WHOLE FUCKING REASON the slots were removed is because it was a game of change. Voltorb Flip circumvents PEGI's rating system by being a game of skill and not chance.
>>
>>26067385
Luck isn't a skill, free-time isn't a skill.
>>
>>26067317
Yeah, that cutscene has to go, or be skippable.
I don't mind a legendary so much, since if it was any other pokemon it would criticised for "favouritism" it would probably end up being a Charizard, too
In fact, befriending Legendaries to fill the roll of HM slaves would be interesting.
>Meet, defeat and befriend Regirock to be able to summon it to move and break boulders.
>Same with Suicune to run across rivers and oceans, and climb waterfalls
>Dive with Manaphy
>Cut trees with Keldeo
>Rock Climb with Heatran
>Illuminate caves with Zapdos
>>
>>26067434
Whom are you quoting?
>>
>>26067347
>He never made a gym
>>
>no poke pal following you
>no mining for fossils in the underground
>no trainer customization
>no secret bases

But lets keep Pokemon Amie gg
>>
>>26067457
The person whom I quoted.
>>
>>26067443
I bet you also think minesweeper is random and the computer is out to get you ;^)
>>
>>26067289
As opposed to what? Literal gambling games?

You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>26067074
200%
>>
>>26067106
>triple reverse sky battles
nigga oh no
>>
>>26067481
nice strawman

>>26067471
?

>>26067484
>as opposed to what
Games that require skill.
>>
>>26067502
>game based around sentient mines
>strawman

Confirmed for pants-on-head retarded.

>>26067502
You literally called it an emotional argument, when you're the one blithering with ignorance.

It's a game of skill. That's not a debate. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>26067502
>Games that require skill.

Try getting past the first level and perhaps then you'll have a valid opinion on this topic.
>>
>Please understand, we want each generation to be unique.
>>
>>26067591
God please don't take this way gamefreak
Please
Holy shit
I will end my life if this is gone.
>>
>>26067519
?

>>26067529
Voltorb Flip is luck-based, only /vp/ seems to misunderstand this.

>>26067591
>>26067600
It removed random encounters. Is that truly what you want? Or just the HA/Moves that come with it.
>>
File: bill.jpg (27 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
27 KB, 500x367
>>26067255
>>26067200
>forgetting the low-health music from BW
>>
>>26067206
>finally get to actually fly across the region
>finally get to see Pokemon in the over world during encounters and use the Dex in its full capacity like in the anime
>both will be gone forever

What a time to be alive
>>
>>26067626
>it removed random encounters
>I mean they're still there but I'm telling you it removed them to make you dislike it

Whatever reasoning is behind this, I don't care.

1. Comfy and immersive.
2. Easy but still a bit challenging way to get HAs, IVs, and Egg Moves
3. Lets you search for specific Pokemon to make them appear

It is genuinely one of the best outside Battlr features introduced in a Pokemon game ever.
>>
>>26067626
>it removed random encounters

No it didn't. I wish it did. Who the fuck likes that annoying shit? It's why I carry a gorillion max repels and ORAS actually asks you to load it up again proving they know how annoying it is
>>
That feature fucking sucked ass.
>>
>>26067626
>It removed random encounters
I honestly swear no allegiance to random encounters, Dexnav practically nullifies it. It doesn't make the game more challenging, it doesn't make it funner, it forces you to either stock up on repels out of convenience or spend time running away. The closer we are to seeing Pokemon out in the wild the better.
>>
>>26067591
God was this an amazing feature
>>
>>26067626
Voltorb flip is skill based, only this lowly anon misunderstands this.

You keep posting question marks. It's clear you're confused, anon. It's quite clear.

>>26067634
>implying I was ever in the red

Although, I did forget about "Victory is Right Before your Eyes!". That track is my favourite incarnation of the series' main theme.
>>
>>26067676
Don't you know, anon? These are supposed to be the worst games.
>>
>>26067720
They are probably the most fun games if anything
>>
>>26067725
I think the biggest problem is games as a whole these days relying more on features instead of meaty gameplay.

ORAS has so many goodies, but it just doesn't hit the spot for some people. A perceived lack of content means those features have less genuine utility than they otherwise would have.

But I do agree, they're really fun. Small things, like Pokemon cries on the overworld that you can actually chase down really fleshes out the world in ways I didn't know I wanted but now I don't wish to lose.
>>
>comfy
>it's just a slower fly used to check randumb islands that only works with two pokemon

Who the fuck cares
>>
>>26067725
Yeah, it sure is fun doing nothing post game!
>>
>that adrenaline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqskwimkdkk
>>
>>26067255

>Time-specific text ('Good evening, you're out late')

This one really hurts.

Such an easy little thing to implement, but instead they let night feel like just a dimmer daytime.
>>
>>26067725
ORAS is fucking shit.
>>
>>26067401
That's not how you use greentext, you fucking moron.
>>
>>26067843
>he thinks greentext is only for maymay shitposting

It's called quoting, you troglodyte. If you think they're solely meme arrows, you obviously haven't been around for long.
>>
>>26067711
>"Victory is Right Before your Eyes!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KwyG9HhwHA
Such a cool fucking feature and they removed it in gen 6. Even worse, the Kalos gym leader music was so underwhelming.
>>
>>26067626
>>26067711
You're both right.
>>
>>26067905
I think you mean "the truth is somewhere in the middle", which is what I said initially.

It's a game of skill that has luck involved. I spoiled many a good run because I got down to a final play that required a guess, which I didn't properly call. I've also had many games that I cleared without guessing.

But that's not 'both being right'. He's not right to say it's bereft of skill, and that doesn't reconcile with reality.
>>
>>26067127
Gamefreak taking the WoD approach?
>>
>>26068154
Unless I'm mistaken, they said in ORAS interviews that the route flying was because it was a remake, and they wanted to save veteran players the hassle of drudging through the same routes over and over.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.