[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is undeniably objective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14
File: Immagine.png (593 KB, 1071x1075) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
593 KB, 1071x1075
Based on in-game personalities and intentions of the main series antagonist.
>>
>>26044273
This is undeniably bait.
>>
>>26044273
Hoenn has way too much water, Team Magma is 100% right in trying to reduce it.
>>
File: mega fug.jpg (78 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
mega fug.jpg
78 KB, 800x583
>>26044273
Archie is just a dumb pirate mang, how would he know Kyogre would make world kill? I say he's about as good as Lysandre whos way too high on this list by the way, make him mid tier Maxie is a bloody scientist though, he has no excuse
>>
>>26044273
How is cyrus that high? He's just an edge lord
>>
>>26044273
>Lysandre
>Motives hard to find fault in
Bait
>>
>>26044273
>xerosic
>unwilling
fuck outta here
>>
N isn't a villian. More of a anti hero really.
>>
>villains whose motives are hard to find fault in
>picks N
>not putting ghetsis or cyrus up there instead
Also
>colress
>reluctant
Haha, 6/10 bait. Made me reply.
>>
>>26044401
I don't think you know what an antihero is.
>>
>>26044273
>Xerosic
>Charon
literally who
>>
>>26044273
>Lysandre
>Hard to find fault
>"I hate this meany head world so I'm going to fucking kill everyone on it"
>>
File: Immagine.png (576 KB, 1071x1075) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
576 KB, 1071x1075
Ok guys I fixed it. I'd admit i had no idea where to put Lysandre so I put him randomly. His plain made no fucking sense but I can see how he became a misanthropist.
>>
File: 12351353.jpg (352 KB, 1000x844) Image search: [Google]
12351353.jpg
352 KB, 1000x844
>>26044273
I see no Cypher anywhere on that list.
>>
File: 14729139.jpg (3 MB, 1690x1594) Image search: [Google]
14729139.jpg
3 MB, 1690x1594
>>26044491
I miss the Gamecube games.
>>
Overall villain team rankings

Top Tier: Plasma (BWB2W2)
High Tier: Galactic, Aqua & Magma (ORAS)
Mid Tier: Rocket (RBYFRLG), Aqua & Magma (RSE)
Low Tier: Rocket (HGSS), Flare
Literally Who Tier: Rocket (GSC)

I will accept opinions otherwise
>>
File: 23204966.jpg (3 MB, 2800x800) Image search: [Google]
23204966.jpg
3 MB, 2800x800
>>26044521
>>
>>26044404
How Ghetsis is not just a guy who seek for power. I love him desu, but as this is a list that rates their intentions more than their characterization, I don't think i misplaced him.
Colress was just a progressivist, wasn't even interested in original Ghetsis' plain, he just wanted to study the true pokémon strenght.
>>
>>26044440
Thats not how you use that meme you ingrate
>>
File: cl_n21_6th.jpg (234 KB, 1050x640) Image search: [Google]
cl_n21_6th.jpg
234 KB, 1050x640
>>26044536
>>
File: colocast.jpg (183 KB, 850x639) Image search: [Google]
colocast.jpg
183 KB, 850x639
>>26044556
>>
>>26044460
Charon should rank one down because he is obviously lusting for power, it is very evident in the Stark Mountain quest.
>>
Giovanni has the excuse of being the first villain of the series, Red/Blue had no story at all. They tried to fix that with >muh son in FR/LG and HG/SS and his suicide????

>>26044460
>Lysandre[...] His plan made no fucking sense
this
>>
File: 1eoxempDW1r9x7nu.gif (913 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1eoxempDW1r9x7nu.gif
913 KB, 500x380
>>26044460
Fucking this
>>
>>26044460
I really don't see what's wrong with simply being power-hungry. It's a pretty comprehensible and reasonable motivation. It's not exactly highly philosophical, but it's one found pretty often in the real world.
>>
>>26044451
>society is decadent and unsustainable, and so I'm using force population control
>>
>>26044273
when is this meme of misusing the word "objectively" going to end?
>>
>>26044273

>Cyrus

He's literally just a sociopath. He's not retaliating against anything, he's just a completely broken human being. Being a disappointment to your parents does not lead a normal person to believe that a world without emotions and the human spirit, where everyone is essentially as hollow as he is, is an ideal one.
>>
>>26044273

>the Shit Tier literally describes Lysandre
>Lysandre is in Elder God tier

What the fuck?

>The idea of eternal beauty...? Isn't it wonderful? ...Humans... humans are disgusting creatures, but Pokemon are beautiful... but all Pokemon are going to be destroyed in this massive explosion for the greater good because they'll always be exploited by humans... except they won't because I'm about to blow all humans up. But that doesn't matter because the way Pokemon lack greed and lust like humans do makes them easily controlled... even though I myself run a corrupt team of crooks that openly use and abuse Pokemon. In fact, there are more abusive and insane people in Team Flare than there are anywhere else in Kalos, and yet for some reason I'm going to blow up EVERYONE ELSE INSTEAD. MUH ETERNAL BEAUTY!
>>
>>26044460
Wait that albino ginger guy working for Lysandre had a personality?
>>
>>26044842
>>26044689
You guys clearly don't get it. I followed the layout.
Personally I regard Ghetsis and Giovanni way superior to Lysandre, but their goal was to obtain power. While Lysandre had some ideals behind his action.
>>
File: captainkek.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
captainkek.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>26044460
>>26044644
>tfw Lysandre is the Lex Luther Jr of Pokemon villains
>>
>>26044491
Man, who cares about Team Cipher. The real question is... where's Team Miror?!

>>26044531
Wait, why did Aqua/Magma's villain ranking rise for ORAS? Their personalities and such were better, but I don't remember their plans being any less stupid.

...Wait, why are RSE Aqua/Magma Mid-Tier for you anyway?!

>>26044689
Being power-hungry isn't a bad thing. But being a power-hungry villain pretty much always is.
>>
>>26044907
I don't get why OP said that he judged partially by personality when it's clearly just intention/motivation.
>>
>>26044273
Why are you tier ranking villains based on their sense of ethics you dumb fuck?
>>
>>26044273
Can you really consider ORAS Maxie and Archie as villains when it turns out Zinnia was manipulating them to try and get Fug to show up?
>>
>>26045061
I don't think see was manipulating them much, I mean sure she was a member of their teams and probably encouraged it due to her own agenda, but nothing really suggests that they didn't come up with the idea themselves.
>>
>>26044273
Missing villains. Also, a villain still needs to be written and executed well. Just because he sounds really cool in your head and in your imaginary potrayal does not mean he's that in cool in the actual game. In your case, it's your elder god picks. Nothing better than great in Pokemon.
>>
File: 1458160222715.jpg (81 KB, 513x373) Image search: [Google]
1458160222715.jpg
81 KB, 513x373
>>26044820
Seriously. Can somebody explain how Lysandre's motives make the least bit of sense?
>>
>>26044415
N is an antagonist at worst.
>>
>>26044698
That is such a cliche JRPG villain motive that I'd rather him be a whiny child like the other anon described him. At least that would've been entertaining.
>>
>>26045454
Well humanity is shit.
So we just take the best of the best and kill everything else.

Just like in bioshock but not passive aggressive.
>>
>>26044842
>Wait that albino ginger guy working for Lysandre had a personality?

Did you not play XY's postgame Looker quest?

It's shit
>>
>>26046242
Fuck you, I found it very refreshing. I liked how it was confined to one city and the conflict was more personal than saving the region/world.
>>
>>26044961
Excuse you, one of the many things Cipher has over other evil organizations is that they don't refer to themselves as Team Whatever.

Team Miror really does need to be on there though. That guy deserves it.
>>
>>26044273
>lysandre
>any of the characters or plot from XY having any depth, direction, or quality
everything else checks out, I guess
>>
>>26046280
Anything involving Looker can just fuck right off. He ruined Platinum with his "lol im so incompetent" running gag.
>>
>>26046351
That wasn't much of a running gang. The only incompetent thing I remember was him revealing being in disguise the first time you meeting him. Most of his infiltration and information gathering was successful.
Admitting to not having enough brute strength to face off against Cyrus and his commanders at the top of Spear Pillar isn't exactly incompetence either.

I see not liking him for being an invasive character if you're one of the guys that prefer more freedom, though.
>>
>>26044460
>hard to find fault
>literally a boy who was taught wrong on purpouso as a joke

Also, all the villains who wanted to conquer the world at any cost are a fucking joke, since they were stopped by a meddling kid and its stupid pokemon.
>>
Goddamn, why have they not made a fucking Pokemon game like Gale of Darkness or Colosseum again?

So many fucking Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games, but no fucking Colosseum?
Are you fucking kidding me?

The NX better have some good shit on it.
I'm pissed at this.
>>
>>26045484
You mean the big boy word for villain?
>>
*trying to think of a pun of n and nsfw that doesn't look like I just capitalized nsfw because I would fuck N*
>>
>>26044273
Archie can't be shit tier because he has that fat as fuck bara ass
>>
>>26044273
Lysandre is fucking awful though, and his motivations are incredibly unclear. Cyrus is probably the best villain overall - he's intimidating, is a real thread, has clear motivations and personality, and even a little backstory.

Ghetsis isn't bad either, though he's pretty cliche. Giovanni barely has any personality, Colress is pretty cool, Maxie and especially Archie are barely villains. I like them as characters though - Archie is a total bro. How are their motives a mystery at all? Can you not read, they are spelled out for you when you first meet them.
>>
File: my dude.png (783 KB, 810x1620) Image search: [Google]
my dude.png
783 KB, 810x1620
>>26046867
Also I don't really count N as a villain.

>>26044531
I mostly agree, except switch Plasma and Galactic. Maybe knock RSE Aqua/Magma down but eh.
>>
>>26044273
>N
>anything but shit tier
>>
File: Georgia_Guidestones_06.jpg (113 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Georgia_Guidestones_06.jpg
113 KB, 720x960
>>26045454

If you can't figure it out, then you're one of the people he really wanted to purge.

If you haven't understood on your own by now, then you never will. Finite spaces and resources + Expanding population, mostly idiots who take what's available for granted and squander it = Planet is eventually sucked dry and people end up having to fight over the scraps. This was figured out at least as early as the 1700s.

By exterminating the idiots before they fuck it up for everyone, Lysandre would preserve a stable world for the worthy to enjoy.
>>
>>26044273
More complex doesn't mean better. I'd rather face a pure evil opponent searching for power, than some fucking nerd destroying the world to reverse time and eat his dead mothers dinner one more time.
>>
File: contrary.png (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
contrary.png
41 KB, 320x240
>>26047096
I love this "gen 5 sucked" meme
>>
>>26047128
But wealthy countries and corporations are the ones using tons of energy and fucking up the environment. And there's no actual evidence the Pokemon world is overpopulated or whatever, it was just an excuse for wiping out poor people.
>>
>>26047128
>Lysandre would preserve a stable world for the worthy to enjoy.
And by worthy, you mean people who like to wear expensive orange suits.
>>
>liking pokemon PeTA

N and all of Plasma were shit.
>>
>>26047248
>second time you meet Plasma they are kicking a baby muuna to death
That's when you're meant to realise they aren't as noble as they seem
>>
>>26044273
Isn't Lysandre's plan basically to just kill everyone so he can restart the world in a position of power? You can't seriously place him in Elder God Tier.
>>
>>26044273

>LYSANDRE

hoooooly shit this is funny at least
>>
>>26044404
Ghetsis is an irredeemable, selfish, evil cunt. N is the one who actually believes the ideals Ghetsis pretended to fight for.
How can you possibly think their placing should be switched?

>>26045484
Obviously. Not an anti-hero though.

>>26046752
No, those are not the same. "Antagonist" has no moral connotation - it simply means the one opposing the protagonist. So, if the protagonist is evil, he is still the villain, and his antagonist would still be the hero.
>>
>>26046752
>>26047302
Also, "big boy word"? Did you drop out before third grade or something?
>>
>>26047128
What a load of crap. As far as we know, the Pokémon world has none of those problems (how can you have finite resources when you have plants that literally generate plants, water, electricity, combustion, and shape the Earth? How can you say it's overpopulated when each region has like, one or two cities at most that appear to be inhibited by more than 100 people?), he kept rambling incoherently about different, hypocritical, nonsensical reasons for wiping out all humanity basically just because they didn't know what else to do with him. "I WANT TO RESTART HUMANITY" is just Generic Villain Motive #542, and they couldn't even keep the details of his motive consistent. At first it's about making things beautiful, then it's something about it being for the good of Pokémon (which he also intends on wiping out), and then... who knows, whatever. Garbage-tier villain.
>>
>>26047427
>when you have plants
I meant Pokémon. Sorry, I'm high.
>>
Lysander and the fat guy from team Flaire are good? Really? And you don't even battle the sages, there's no point in putting them here.
>>
>>26047152
That picture and your comment don't go well together. /vp/ has a bigger Gen V fanbase than most places.
>>
>>26047269
Just like Peta, that lies, fakes crimes (such as that one time they filmed a "PSA" about violence towards sheep by the hands of farmers, and it was glaringly obvious that they were Peta actors, actually abusing animals just to fabricate evidence), and, let's not forget, straight-up fucking kills stray dogs, and has been investigated for killing dogs that wore leashes in the past.
>>
>>26046699
>3 ranger games
>4 pmd games (jp exc one doesnt count)
the point of the gcn games was to be 3d pokemon games that played rather differently in terms of progression and such
with the 3ds it seems a bit pointless to be developing on console for a series that is best played on handheld
now of all times, with the stuff game freak has been doing, they cant be bothered making another regular-ish pokemon game when theyve been trying so many new things (pokken, detective pikachu, pokemon go, etc.)
tl;dr stop being in denial, desu
>>
>>26046699
>So many fucking Ranger
3 whole games.
We haven't had ranger since gen 4.

Bring back ranger it was fucking good.
>>
>>26044273
n is an sjw peta monger fucking lame take your fan girl glasses off
>>
>>26045167
True. But Zinnia at least deserves to be on the list as shit tier.
>>
>>26047587
og was best
shadows of almia was still alright
guardian signs was eh, pretty gimmicky

why did ranger decrease in quality so quickly over two games?
>>
>>26047632
guardian signs was the best because of the temple challenges.
>actual difficulty in a pokemon game
never again ;_;
>>
>>26047647
>preferring the shitty emotion gauge over required loops
>guardian signs
>difficult
how about you go fucking try to capture steelix and say that again?
>>
>>26047721
confirmed for not having played the temple challenges.
>>
>>26047427
This is a perfect summation of all the problems I had with Lysandre, good job anon.
>>
>>26047758
the only temple challenges that were actually difficult was the deoxys one because you literally cant fucking do it alone haha
i played the temple challenges, and theyre really not all that difficult so long as you have the right partner pokemon
>>
>>26047647
>difficulty
>Pokémon
Never happened, never will.
Basic type matchups and decent leveling is all you need to beat Pokémon.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.