[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
most flawed game in the entire series >shitty level scale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: pokemon-gold-and-silver_989.jpg (74 KB, 420x210) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-gold-and-silver_989.jpg
74 KB, 420x210
most flawed game in the entire series
>shitty level scale which makes the game easy in the beginning (why the fuck am i still fighting lvl 15 pokemon in the 5th badge?)
>few johto pokemon can only be caught in kanto
>most boring champion in the series
>becomes a huge grindfest before taking on red and no where is a good area to trained because everything is under leveled.
anything else?
>>
File: 1412972797365.gif (202 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
1412972797365.gif
202 KB, 500x284
>>26041639
>Sinnohfetusses and Hoennbabbies actually believe this
>>
>>26041639
ok.
>>
>>26041650
>i like flawed games with bugs and no challenge
spotted the johto toddler
>>
Yes, everyone is aware of those problems. Also, you don't need to grind for red even if your team is full of shitmons.
Johto still comfiest region with best music, and best mons. Even if most are weak, they're still great.
>>
>>26041639
The level scaling was the only problem with Gen 2. Everything else was amazing. Gen 2 was the only gen that didn't have multiple, terrible flaws in it.

Johto had the best, most interesting region, the most well-constructed story (instead of everything revolving around what you do, you just happen to be there when major stuff happens, making it much more believable,) two regions, by far the best roster (least amount of shitmons,) and I don't even need to mention how much of Gen 1's problems it fixed.

Gen 2 was the best gen by far. It was a shame the remakes were made in the generation with the shittiest gameplay and engine. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>26041833
The kimono girls hailing you as the chosen one and stopping your journey until you fight Ho-oh/Lugia was such a pain.
>>
>>26041833
>Gen 2 was the best gen by far. It was a shame the remakes were made in the generation with the shittiest gameplay and engine. Prove me wrong.
Nigger, HGSS is objectively better than the originals.

>Physical/Special split
>Pokeathelon
>Making more Johto mons available via Safari Zone
>Gym leader and E4 rematches
>Battle Frontier

And before you spout the "gen 4 is slow" meme, the battles go at about the same speed as Gen 2 does.
>>
>>26041707
>no challenge
You never actually played these games, did you kid?
>>
>>26041948
I love Gen 2, but it is pretty damn easy anon.
>>
>>26041855
Gen 2 had the highest percentage of shitmons in its Dex and many of them were locked until after you beat the Champion.
>>
>Introduced Day/Night system
>Introduced shinies
>Introduced held items
>Introduced breeding
>Introduced Dark and Steel types
>Introduced Battle Tower which is now a staple in the series
>Two regions
>16 gym leaders
>Fixed the bag
>get to fight previous (You)
>can still use your Pokémon from Red/Blue

The things I hate is the level scaling and Larvitar being THAT late.

>>26041639
>>becomes a huge grindfest before taking on red and no where is a good area to trained because everything is under leveled.

bro he's doable at 55 you're just shit
>>
>>26041855
Hgss sucks only cause crystal keeps popping up between routes to babbysit you on what to do.
>>
>>26044539
It was such a let down in b2w2 when you don't wind up fighting black
>>
>>26044591
I will always have the Dray's Volt White 2 and Blaze Black 2
>>
File: 1460723375863.jpg (39 KB, 358x568) Image search: [Google]
1460723375863.jpg
39 KB, 358x568
>>26041639
>its another "I think this gen is shit and Ill lazily type out poorly backed up opinions to showcase that but it doesnt matter because itll also count as ebin shitposting" episode

( y. O. u )
>>
>shitty level scale which makes the game easy in the beginning (why the fuck am i still fighting lvl 15 pokemon in the 5th badge?)
OH NO I CAN'T OVERLEVEL MY POKEMON WITHOUT GRINDING
>few johto pokemon can only be caught in kanto
REEEEEEEEEEE I HATE POSTGAME STUFF
>most boring champion in the series
OH NO THE MOST POPULAR GEN 1 CHARACTER NOT FEATURED IN THE ANIME IS GETTING MORE SCREENTIME
>becomes a huge grindfest before taking on red and no where is a good area to trained because everything is under leveled.
WHY CAN'T I INJECT LEVEL HUNDRED EV TRAINED POKEMON WITH PERFECT IVS AND STEAMROLL EVERYTHING 0/10 WORST GAME EVER
>>
looking back i'm actually really bummed they didn't give more gym leaders johto signature mons.

faulker had pidgeotto (could've had hoothoot)
bugsy had scyther (could've had ledian/ariados/hell even scizor?)
morty should've at least had a misdreavus. or maybe at least one of the trainers in his gym should have.
chuck should've had hitmontop.
the other half were interesting, but i guess playing through hgss again just made me realize that it didn't feel like it was trying to set itself apart much from gen one.

all that said i still love second gen because of nostalgia. but it's definitely bad objectively.
>>
>>26041833
I agree with pretty much everything you said.

>>26041855
>HGSS is objectively better than the originals
I disagree. I think Crystal outshines those games. You couldn't even delete phone numbers so you didn't have people constantly bothering you with their rattatas in the remakes like you could in Crystal.
>>
Level curve is only an issue if you are autistic and fight every wild Pokemon and every single trainer in your way

I try to avoid them naturally and I find myself under leveled
>>
>>26044693
Why did you give them your number in first place, moron?
>>
File: 1409645450482.png (155 KB, 273x240) Image search: [Google]
1409645450482.png
155 KB, 273x240
>>26044625
>>
>>26041639
>it's a gen X is shit thread
that's quality content right there
>>
>>26044716
>it's only an issue if you skip part of the game
>this is how johtoddlers think
>>
>>26041844
That was in HG/SS though. In G/S/C, they only battle you to show off all the eeveelutions and don't leave the dance hall.
>>
we shouldn't argue about this guys, we all know the worst games are the Gen 1 ones.
>>
>>26044741
gen 10 hasnt come out yet
>>
>>26044783
I'll REEE you to outer space you twat.
>>
someone name my vulpix
>>
>>26044871
Dicks.
>>
>>26044875
done. with or without period at the end
>>
>>26041639
>level 15 pokemon in the 5th badge

I literally stopped reading there, people who cry about this gen have never fucking played it.
>>
>>26044742
>actually battling every single trainer, and every single wild pokemon
lmao, there's a reason you can avoid them / escape

you have autism if you fight everything in your way instead of being smart and saving time
>>
>>26044871
Xipluv
>>
>>26044900
Without, force of habit, sorry.
>>
>>26044685
>Steel gym leader
>Only Steelix and Magnemite
>Not even a token Skarmory or Scizor
Pretty interesting though in that the lighthouse sort of served as the gym, since the official gym didn't have any trainers.
>>
>>26044941
no problem
i mean im playing through soul silver and asking vp to name all my pokemon and i currently have a bayleef named Dhikorita so its no big deal
>>
>>26041736
I like how you dont have any replies, so heres one!
>>
>>26044685
>but it's definitely bad objectively.
I don't think you know what objectively means.

HGSS is objectively (sales) the best game in the franchise
>>
You made this thread in /v/ and it died after like 10 replies, fuck off
>>
>>26041650
These fucking Sinnohfaggots are turning into today's Genwunners.

point out a problem in their majorly flawed game and they cry out that another gen is worse, even though D/P are the worst games in the series.

and they are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>26041639
>most boring champion ever
stopped reading there
>>
File: 1460071393316.jpg (67 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1460071393316.jpg
67 KB, 500x354
>>26045328

Johtobabbies so mad there shitting their pants over the objective best gen in Pokemon.

Heres your you.
>>
>>26045406
I don't have a favorite gen, but gen 4 is objectively the worst gen.

worst story, introduced some of the worst pokemon, and the worst region.

seriously, fuck mount Coronet.
>>
>Gen2 introduced the most changes that remained through the series
>only legitimate complaint is level scaling

We all know Gen4 to be the worst and 3 close behind, you're to late to defend that shit.
>>
File: 1461274074134.jpg (48 KB, 436x298) Image search: [Google]
1461274074134.jpg
48 KB, 436x298
i think the worst part about these threads is how offensively bad the nicknames /vp/ gives to people who like certain gens

be honest is "sinnohfetus" or "hoennbaby" something you could even find yourself uttering aloud to another human being? lol
>>
>>26045526
>get btfo over your bad opinion
>try to deflect
>>
>>26045545
That's another thing about you sinnohfaggots, your always on the offence. whether you're defending your game, or berating others for their opinions, your always way too aggressive.
>>
>>26044693
I forgot about the whole cell phone. a lot of you probably don't remember when cell phones weren't around a whole lot, my dad had one but it was only used for work. It was a special thing. Having a cell phone in a Pokemon game was so cool to me.
Excuse my nostalgia, guys
>>
File: portrait-innocent-kid-22278092.jpg (30 KB, 385x450) Image search: [Google]
portrait-innocent-kid-22278092.jpg
30 KB, 385x450
Hey guys, I like every Generation of Pokemon. Sure they all have their own flaws in one way or another, but they all bring some new innovation that the previous generations didn't have. They all introduce at least a few cool Pokemon, no matter how many bad ones accompany them. Why don't we all talk about the positives of each generation, rather than try to slander the ones that aren't our favorite and try to change people's opinions to match ours?
>>
>>26045526
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>26045776
Why don't you go fuck yourself anon?
>>
>>26041639
There's also
>plays the credits halfway through the game to trick retards into thinking it has a postgame
>any Pokémon that doesn't have hands has no moves due to the shit TMs and level up moves
>anything that evolves via stone is useless because you have to wait for a random phone call to get a stone
>awful PC system
>no running shoes
>>
>>26045526
Unovabortions and Kaloshitters are the only good ones.

Whoever came up with Sinnohfetuses are shitlords.
>>
Coming from someone who's been playing the games all 20 years; gen 1 & 2 were the best. I remember when 3rd gen came out and thought they all looked more like digimon, better than digimon, but ugly non the less. Every game that's came out has been shit since then but I come back and play it because I enjoy the fuck out of it. It's a tradition at this point. I use the Pokemon I like and ignore whatever I hate. The one thing I can't ignore are the shitty players and community.
>>
>>26045839
Funny because I've been playing the games for 20 years and gen 1 and 2 were the worst.
>>
File: guko.png (231 KB, 509x363) Image search: [Google]
guko.png
231 KB, 509x363
>people still play Gen 2 games when HeartGold/SoulSilver exist

For what purpose?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 640x1136
>>26045863
so you played two shitty games and continue to buy into the franchise? Sounds completely legit.
>>
>>26045951
Who said anything about shitty?
>>
>>26045863
I doubt you're even 20 years old.
>>
>>26045839

>Every game that's came out has been shit since then

You are a tumor on society. Pokemon games aren't individual battle systems with different story structures, they're all literally the same fucking game every time, and as such, the system is only improved upon. Besides the odd gimmick, and the obvious new Pokemon, it's the same fucking game every time, but getting improved on bit by bit.

Even games like X/Y, which were easy, improved upon the already established formula.

To say the games now are WORSE than they were in the most barebones, lego brick state they were in the 90s is literally an objectively wrong statement.
>>
>>26045526
Tbh are sinnoh and hoenn even things you'd want to say to another person aloud?
>>
>>26045977
I don't think you understood what I meant. When I said the games have gotten worse, I was talking about the design of the Pokemon and stories. Sorry, I should have been more clear with that. I was trying to say I keep playing the games because they make little improvements to make the game play smoother, which is why I don't mind playing the exact same game, essentially, over and over.
Nigger.
>>
>>26045964
Alright, fair. but they were the some of the best games out at that time. I can't say that any of the the later games were the in the top five best games at their time.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (7 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
7 KB, 56x56
I played HGSS a lot, but never played GSC until a while when I started Crystal. Its weird that Im liking Crystal more? Idk, the soundtrack feels better, the animations and colors are fucking great for an old ass game, plus I dont need to worry about natures, abilities or any of that.

And it runs smooth on my phone.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.