[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generation VI was a mistake.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522 KB, 1920x1080
Generation VI was a mistake.
>>
Your life was a mistake
>>
>>26030427
No it was not.

>>26030429
Agreed.
>>
>>26030429
Somebody fetch that nigga a burn heal
>>
File: 1444530873818.jpg (10 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
1444530873818.jpg
10 KB, 203x248
>>26030427
>mfw SM can't come soon enough to end this suffering
>>
Took a lot of steps forward but also took a lot of steps back. Such is life with Pokemon.
>>
>>26030427
Just be glad they aren't wasting time with a Z version
>>
>>26030427
XY were pretty good.
>>
>>26030427
Was? It isn't over yet.
>>
File: 1460548200859.jpg (158 KB, 530x636) Image search: [Google]
1460548200859.jpg
158 KB, 530x636
>>26030445
Don't get too excited about it, those games might be a bigger mistake than the gen 6 games. They might get rid of customization and there might be no solution to the lag because of hardware limitations.
>>
File: what_a_shitpost.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
what_a_shitpost.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>26030481
>>
>>26030481
It's not over, but Sun and Moon, the first pair of Gen 7 games, are on their way already.
>>
>>26030488
>still caring about dress up

This is the kind of shit we have to deal with from Kaloshitters.
>>
>Likely Gen I and Gen III...

Only good generation 2,4 and 5, 1 and 6 are mistake, ans gen 3 is... is... eh... Filled?
>>
File: 33.jpg (12 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
12 KB, 400x240
>>26030427
ORAS was terrible but X & Y were fine. A lot of the areas in Kalos felt like Game Freak was merely testing the waters for new features in future games.
>>
>>26030707
>Normalizing features being removed
The whole idea of new games is getting additional content, taking away good features should always be a red flag. It's the people that accept mediocrity that keep the games stagnated for years. Things like customization should be a permanent feature that should've been added 10 years ago.
>>
>>26030427
When will this meme die? ORAS is a great remake especially if you like Hoenn and gen 3 in general. X/Y were also pretty good as far as first two games in every gen go.
>>
>>26030810
>ORAS is a great remake
No it isn't. HGSS was a great remake. ORAS was the bare minimum.
>>
>>26030832
How so?
>>
>>26030768
agreed. ORAS sucked
>>
File: 2.jpg (28 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
28 KB, 400x240
>>26030838
ORAS felt like they just built Hoenn in the Gen 6 engine and called it a day. Yeah, they redesigned Mauville, but for what purpose?
The only thing I can appreciate was Episode Delta and the Mega Latios airship. But I felt even Episode Delta was wasted potential.

You'll probably write this off as nitpicking, but just look at the tiles in Kalos. The curvature of the roads and the various colored rocks make the region feel like so lively.
Then look at Hoenn. The region is full of obviously square tiles and straight roads. They didn't have to keep the square grid aesthetic of the originals.
>>
>>26030427
Wrong. Gen 5 was a mistake. Gen 6 is the result of that mistake.
>>
Don't worry lads, SM will make this abortion of a generation worthwhile.
>>
>>26030994
I feel they had to do that to keep Hoennbabies calm. I mean sure I can see your point but that is not enough to call it a bad game and worst pokemon game ever as some posters in this thread said.
>>
>>26030995
5 and 6 are absolutely nothing alike.
>>
>>26031051
All things considered, I still think ORAS is the worst mainline game. Never has Gamefreak so obviously cut corners.

That doesn't mean it's unplayable, or that you're not allowed to like it. I just dislike it, and my opinion on it can't be changed.
>>
>>26030832
now now, HGSS didn't bring anything mindblowing to the table. It's just a remake after all
>>
>>26031235
Nothing mindblowing, nah, but at least it moved the games forwards.
It added move tutors and several minigames, brought in interesting features even if they were absolute fluff, and had plenty of throwbacks to the old games while improving on them as a whole.
ORAS is kind of a joke in comparison, it actually removed loads of content that they literally had to just copy over to keep people happy, and pretty much all of the features they added were copy pasted from XY, and they were mediocre at best in that game.

In terms of remakes, ORAS fails at a remake by somehow being worse than the originals. I enjoyed it because of nostalgia alone, but past that I can't justify it's existence.
HGSS added enough to be considered a new game in it's own right, while keeping the skeleton of the old game.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (611 KB, 1092x1248) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
611 KB, 1092x1248
>>26030838
>>26030810
>>26031235
>>
>>26030427
If by a mistake you mean good then I agree
>>
>>26030427
It was.
>>
>>26030488
>Thinking customization will be coming back after they said it was Kalos exclusive

You're kidding, right....?
>>
I liked XY. Only ORAS was a mistake.

You have to think of XY in the context that they were new gen games and they had to completely revamp the engine, add new mechanics, add new pokemon, have a new region, different story, etc

ORAS was a remake and had the engine already completed yet in some aspects it was WORSE than XY.
>>
>u were a mi$take
>>
>>26031076
Let me explain further.

Gen 5 shouldn't have happened on the DS. It should have been on the 3DS. But they rushed it and it turned out to be the shittiest Gen (as far as the games go, but the BW TCG was actually pretty dank).

The result of Gen 5 being rushed is Gen 6 being rushed. 3D only in battles, a game-breaking glitch that had to be patched, a small amount of new Pokemon, 99% chance of no Z/XY2 - everything bad about Gen 6 could have been solved by not making Gen 5.
>>
>>26031392
>Worst than the originals
Nah mate. I understand that they didn't improve much but having the Gen 6 features automatically makes them better. As a remake? They aren't bad, but they aren't HG/SS level. However, Hoenn with Wifi, Good breeding mechanics, physical special split, PSS, GTS, Easier EV training, more endgame content are all pretty nice things. I don't think these remakes are the best they could be, I won't deny that. However, I don't think these are the worst games in the series like some people seem to think
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>26031467
>Voltorb Flip
>interesting minigame
>>
>>26030427
It sure was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mMG096UqE0
>>
>>26030429
No his mom was a mistake. She can make more of him anytime.
>>
>>26032121
yeah, as opposed to the interesting minigame in ORAS that doesn't exist, am I right?
>>
>>26030707
Character customization in RPG's is a standard now. Unless the player character talks and has their own personality there is no fucking excuse not to have it.
>>
>>26030427

Boo hoo. They didn't meet up exactly to every single of your fantasy tier Vidya standards. Swear gen 6 brought out the most nitpicky whining shits I've ever seen in pokemon fanbase, most noticeably with ORAS.
>>
>>26032867
>Character customization in RPG's is a standard now.
No it isn't.
>>
>uniroinically liking the gen with memekip, solrock, lunatone, memegross, and salameme that ruined pokemon by adding retarded villain team stories and prevented gen 1 & 2 transfer
>>
>>26032964
Yeah?
It was better than gen 1 and 2.

Less glitchy too.
>>
What the say? Did you just say fuck me about? You bitching a little? I'll have you graduate I know top of my Seals in the Navy Classes, and I've been raided in numerous Al Quaeda secret involvements, and I have killed over 300 confirmations. I am a trained gorilla. In warfare, I'm the sniper arm in the entire US force tops. You are targeting me but I'm just another nothing. I will fuck you with precision the wipes of which has never been liked before on this scene. Earth, fuck my marking words. You can get away with thinking that shit over me to the Internet? Fuck again, thinker. As we spy I am networking my secret speaking across the trace and your IP is being prepared right now so you better storm the maggots. The wipes that storms out of the pathetic little thing. You call your life? You're fucking dead kids. I can be any time. I can weigh you in over seven hundred kills, and that's my bear hands. Not only am I extensively accessed by trains, but I have no arms for combatting the entire arsenal United States, and I will use it to to wipe your miserable ass. You shit the faceoff of the continent. If only you could have commented what unholy cleverness your little "retribution" was about. To bring down upon you, maybe you would have fucked your tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're holding the pay, you goddamn idiot. I will drown in shit fury. Sincerely, Your dead fucking kiddo.
>>
File: everykek.jpg (121 KB, 747x767) Image search: [Google]
everykek.jpg
121 KB, 747x767
>>26032964
Someone's mad because his precious GBMons couldn't make it over because of how 3rd gen was not only on objectively superior hardware, but also just was too much objectively superior for the previous generations to handle. I would cry you some special tears, but they wouldn't turn into snowflakes anyway.
>>26033007
>"KSI"
>Navy Seals pasta
Get out of here, newfag.
>>
>>26030427
So were you.
>>
>>26033016
>Gen 1 mons can't get onto Gen 3
>Gen 1 mons can get onto Gen 7
Hue
>>
gen 6 brought me back into pokemon
>>
>>26033219
Only from the VC releases.
Only because they rewired the link cable part to wireless, which has more to do with rewiring the hardware emulation than the ROM itself.
>>
>>26033245
Keep moving those goalposts, son
>>
>>26033295
Uh, what? This has nothing to do with gen 4 and over. I was only saying something related to the R/B/Y VC releases and how they function on the 3DS hardware, or rather how they connected the two.
>>
>>26033295
oh and by the way, if you wanna argue about S/M, only people arguing for "6.5" and gen 7 are moving the goalposts.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.