[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one are you picking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: starters.jpg (287 KB, 2872x1152) Image search: [Google]
starters.jpg
287 KB, 2872x1152
Which one are you picking?
>>
None of this garbage
>>
>>26029711

So you aren't playing Sun and Moon?
>>
Whichever one evolves into furbait.
>>
>>26029714
Or I could just ditch the starter in one box and pick other pokemons smartass.
>>
>>26029709
The middle one! So cool... I want it ... I NEED IT!!!!
>>
>>26029709
I pick the box. I can't believe it myself, but these three are so ugly that I am actually going to box a starter for the first time.
>>
>>26029735
Not ugly. Quirky grass, Cool fire, and Cute water. I choose the Cool fire type.
>>
>>26029743
what deluded you to think they are cute
>>
>>26029709 Fire seems to have the most potential to evolve into something that doesn't look like shit.
>>
File: coolfire.png (149 KB, 333x466) Image search: [Google]
coolfire.png
149 KB, 333x466
>>26029743
>that abomination
>cool
>>
File: orangutan_square.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
orangutan_square.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>26029709
The supposed fire starter looks like the littlest burn victim.
>>
File: GET-A-LOAD OF THIS EGG, MAN.png (840 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GET-A-LOAD OF THIS EGG, MAN.png
840 KB, 1280x720
>>26029714
>he has literally never heard of the act of boxing one's starter
>>
>>26029827
>it even looks like it's begging for someone to kill it and release it from its painful existence
>>
This is not how artworks working, all Pokémon looking to the left side, but the fire fakeshit looks to the right side.
>>
File: The_three_Unova_starters.jpg (85 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
The_three_Unova_starters.jpg
85 KB, 500x358
>>26029884
you fuckin stupid nigga?
>>
>>26029709
the owl is the only one that looks decent
the other designs still suck
>>
>>26029891
>Tepig looks to the left, despite facing right
Thanks for proving the point at hand.
>>
>>26029901
>Owl looking to the right despite facing left
Thanks for proving the point at hand.
>>
wait are we sure these are confirmed new starters?
>>
>>26029914
Yes.
>>
>>26029917
kill me
>>
>>26029914
nope, some faggot kids are spouting shit. these are fake, they keep acting like theyre real but obvs are trolling.
>>
>>26029931

Don't listen to this denialfag.
>>
what are the chances those are real ?
>>
>>26029942
they're 100% confirmed real now thanks to the new leaks
>>
>>26029945
Because of the trademark leaks you mean ?
>>
>>26029955
yes
>>
>>26029963
I'd just say let's wait and see.
>>
>>26029945
What do the names mean again exactly. Just trying to match em up to the horrendous artwork some nip drew up
>>
>>26029998

>Mokuroh
>Tree + Bird + Claw

>Nyabby
>Cat + Tabby/Orange/Red(?)

>Ashimari
>Seal + Ball + Round

Note that these starter drawing leaks were long before we had these name leaks. It's all matching up.
>>
>>26030012
I can't be the only one who thinks that supposed Fire starter does not look like a cat original a Fire type at all.
>>
>>26030061
Like others have said, it looks ugly as hell and needs to be put out of its misery.

That said, it could be a very lucky guess on the Grass starter. Someone pointed out in another thread that Shaymin's Sky Forme had a fake that looked surprisingly similar to the real deal a few weeks before the actual announcement.
>>
>>26030061
>>26030107

what part of unfinished concept art do you dumb niggers not understand
>>
>>26029709
I'm so glad none of those are real.
>>
>>26030012
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>26029735
They're fake. No need to worry.
>>
>>26029914
No, nobody thinks they're real. People are just trying to ironically shitpost.
>>
>>26029942
0%

>>26030114
Which part of really poorly done fake aren't you getting?
>>
Some one please explain to me what the fire starter is?! All I see is a piece of coral with eyes, legs and a massive hole in its head.
>>
>>26030168
Personally, all I see is something that desperately desires sweet release from its agonizing life.
>>
>>26030130
Fuck off Dawn.
>>
>>26030168
Someone posted a zoom in on a poorly done fakemon, and another idiot did a bad reconstruction, basically pulling it all out of his ass. What do you expect?

But ask the zodiacfags, and they'll probably tell you it's a rabbit or a horse.
>>
None of those because they're fake.
>>
>>26030190
I can see how it could be a rabbit, but everyone reckons it's a lion or some shit
>>
>>26030262
What do you expect from people who think foxes are dogs?
>>
File: Fire Starter Math.jpg (3 KB, 180x96) Image search: [Google]
Fire Starter Math.jpg
3 KB, 180x96
>>26030190
Math says it's suppose to be an ox.

"1. Do this
2. Divide by 12
3. Take the remainder
4. Look up Chinese Zodiacs (0=12)

f(1)=5, Charmander is a dragon (okay maybe lizard, but dragons are still lizards)
f(2)=13, gives 1, Cyndaquil is a mouse (almost rat)
f(3)=22, gives, 10, Torchic is a chicken (baby rooster)
f(4)=33, gives 9, Monferno is a monkey
f(5)=48, gives 0, Pignite is a pig
f(6)=71, gives 11, Gen 6 fire starter will be a dog"

This was posted way back when in /vp/ in 2010. So it kept my attention when Gen 6 ended up being a canine (fox)

And for completionist sake:
gen 7 = ox
gen 8 = 1 (rat?)
Gen 9 = Rabbit
Gen 10 = Tiger
Gen 11 = Snek
Gen 12 = dragon agian
Gen 13 = Goat
Gen 14= Horse

If these images are real/trademarks are actually for pokemon, I don't think they are actually starters. I really don't think the images are real though.
>>
>>26030301
>implying zodiacfags are old enough to know math
>>
>>26030294
How many times do we have to beat it into your head?

They don't have to be the EXACT same animal, they just have to FIT the zodiac. Foxes are four legged canines, just like dogs. Foxes fits perfectly into the zodiac, and it's a shame that you're too deluded and blind (and possibly insane too if you're going to deny that foxes are canines) to realize that.
>>
>>26030301
Those are some pretty involved delusions there, good job.
>>
>>26030313
If it's a pattern, then why wouldn't they just make it a dog? I know you're just being willfully obtuse, but still.
>>
>>26030320
I can't argue with results. I have no idea how the original faggot even came up with this formula, but I was very surprised when we got something from the canine family for gen 6.
>>
>>26030327
Because there's already two fire dogs.
>b-but ninetales!
There's only one fire fox. So having two fire foxes are fine in GF's book.

This is GF's clever workaround of the possible issue of having three fire dogs by simply making it a fire fox instead. Get fucked hard anti-zodiacfag.
>>
>>26030334
So you're defending your theory about secret GF rules that you made up, by making up even more secret GF rules. This is just getting sillier by the minute.
>>
Posted this in another thread, but unless the owl becomes cool (and a physical attacker fucking damn I can't use a flying type that doesn't know Fly), probably the Fire type since it looks pretty unique.

Dolphin looks cute, but is probably going to suffer from Chikorita syndrome in that the entire male playerbase will think it looks too girly/feminine and disregard it.

Until it becomes the new meta.
>>
Grass/Flying - want it to be physical, maybe get thorny wood eyebrows so I have an excuse for Horn Leech + Brave Bird, but probably Special based with all the wind bullshit like Hurricane/Air Cutter/etc.

Fire/Rock(Ground?) - going to be shit competitvely I imagine, but might be suitable ingame. A fire type Tyranitar, probably physical but will learn no physical Fire moves, or Special and won't learn Power Gem.

Water/Ice(Electric?) - probably the most poorly designed, suffering from Oshawott syndrome, but will probably usurp Rotom-W for a utility bulky water with even more damn HP.
>>
What the fuck even is the middle one? It looks like a fucking shell or some shit
>>
>>26030344
The only people silly here are the denialfags who somehow believes that GF doesn't base starters on undeniable patterns.
>>
Ideas for stat distributions?

Grass:
HP * *
Atk * * *
Def * *
SpA * * * *
SpD * *
Spe * * * *

Fire:
HP * * *
Atk * * * *
Def * * * *
SpA * *
SpD * *
Spe * *

Water:
HP * * * *
Atk * *
Def * *
SpA * * *
SpD * * * *
Spe * *

Seems most likely. No 1 or 5 stars since starters are generally more balanced out.
>>
Not feeling any of these, especially the fire one looks like a coelecanth pre evolution
>>
i'm getting REAL vibes from these
>>
>>26030392
Grass should have better Def,SpD and HP.

Fire should have better SpA and SpD.

Water should have better Atk and Def.
>>
>>26029709
FAKE
A
K
E
>>
File: who ask you.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
who ask you.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
>pushing this fake leak hard.
>>
>>26029709
Reminder that owlbro is the only one that matches the trademarks and is therefore the only one that has a chance of being legit. And it's a small chance, so quit pretending it's confirmed. It's like you faggots don't even remember Cactowl.
>>
>>26029709
PLEASE BE FAKE
PLEASE BE FAKE
PLEASE BE FAKE
PLEASE BE FAKE
>>
Out of those 3 abominations? If I had to choose, I'd pick the owl.
>>
File: 8KDGQph.jpg (148 KB, 1200x906) Image search: [Google]
8KDGQph.jpg
148 KB, 1200x906
Honestly, for being "official" art, there are way too many flaws that would pass this, nor would they invest this much time into something that is a final product.

The line between the mouth and right eye suggests there's water damage to the paper, yet at the very bottom, there's erase marks out of something digital like Photoshop. I don't think they would get that sloppy.
>>
Well they are obviously fake however am I the only one who's not mad about these designs? They dont need to look cute these have a ton of potential and as long as the final stage is badass I'm ok.
>>
>>26030432
Assume the following:
5* = 120+
4* = 100*
3* = 80+
2* = 60+
1*=0-40+

rarely do starters have a completely 'dud' stat, and rarely do they have one stat that they hugely excel in, especially compared to other pokemon.
>>
>>26029733
I would love to know what the fuck it is though
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.