[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whose a gym leader that everyone thinks is tough but you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: PokemonCrystal_26_zps3d7c3e35.png (3 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
PokemonCrystal_26_zps3d7c3e35.png
3 KB, 160x144
Whose a gym leader that everyone thinks is tough but you think is actually very beatable?
Pic related
>>
>>26025226
whitney is tougher than most gym leaders just because her miltank is tough to take down quickly and rollout's damage gets extremely powerful

unless you got the machop and trained it up (which requires foresight or circumstantial luck), there was no way to easily beat her on the first try given that you're not autistic and grinded hard
>>
>>26025226
Whitney is mostly tough for younger players, and that memory really sticks. I remember her giving me trouble as a kid. but I also remember always using Quilava. Now I just make sure to bring something that resists Rollout and its fine.
>>
>>26025259
>>26025272
Attract/Flinch is also pretty nasty
>>
All of them
>>
I never lost once in my recent HG run.
>>
I've heard people mention Wattson is hard. I don't see it
>>
>>26025351
He can be if you started off with treecko
I still don't view him as being that hard though
Norman is must harder if you're not prepared for Slaking
>>
>>26025385
Norman and Wattson can both be difficult depending on your team.
But I feel the twins were the ones that were consistently hard, in 3rd gen at least.
>>
Me being autistic as fuck helped me beat Whitney. I only lost once but I learned from my mistakes and never lost to her again. The only trouble I had was with attract and roll out.
>>
People say Lenora from Gen 5 is hard. I actually thought her to be easier than Whitney but the hardest gym leader for me as a kid was Winona altaria can catch you off guard
>>
>>26025392
>double battle
>only two pokemon
>both are weak to water
>you literally HAVE to have surf to even get to the town
>>
>>26025259
>unless you got the machop and trained it up (which requires foresight or circumstantial luck), there was no way to easily beat her on the first try

You could've captured a Geodude or a Sandshrew, too.
>>
>>26025259
geodude or graveler walls miltank
>>
>>26025412
Yeah it's pretty fucked that that Altaria has Earthquake for some reason.
>>
>>26025392
Brawly is harder than the twins imo
Makuhita can hit pretty hard
Unless you bring a Ralts/kirlia then the battle is easier
>>
>>26025412
She was above average. She had intimidate, take down,hypnosis, and retaliate. Timburr, sawk, and throh were butt ugly so I didn't want them funking up my team.
>>
>>26025418
I honestly forgot that they only had 2 in RS
>>
>>26025226
Literally the only one m8. No other gym leaders have a reddit meme about being "hard". Nice thread though.
>>
>>26025440
I almost always had either Tailow or Kirlia, so Brawly wasn't much of an issue.
>>
this is the second gym, if you chose piplup, you pretty much need a golbat to win
>>
>>26025440
I got lucky and picked up a Sableye before that battle
>>
File: Untitled.png (42 KB, 795x404) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42 KB, 795x404
>>26025468
forgot pic
>>
>>26025404
Honestly the gyms in that game were so simple you could be as autistic as professor elm and beat every gym with fucking cyndaquil
>>
At least Gen 6 had all easy gyms
When I saw the grass gym I realized that all the gyms were gonna be a joke the rock gym was the hardest for me not even close
>>
>>26025434
unless it's male. then you get to spend it's turns watching as it skips every fucking one to either Flinching or Attract.
>>
>>26025473
>Ponyta
>Staravia
>Gastly
>Drifloon
>Mothim
>Wormadam-T
>Noctowl
>Beautifly
>only Golbat

All catchable before second gym. You may have an argument, but no need to overreact
>>
>>26025272

This mostly. The game never makes you think you'll have to deal with something like Rollout.
>>
>>26025226
>quagsire used mud slap
>flaaffy used Twave

wow that was hard
>>
>>26025226
>Whose
>>
>6 pokemon at your third gym battle
>not increasing your pokemon team slowly
>>
>>26025259
Geodude and Onix take 0 damage from her.
>>
>>26025434
I actually did this, not knowing a whole lot about whitney other than the rollouts and milkdrinks.

The geodude was male, I still got kind of fucked pretty hard for someone having "the advantage".

Still beat her though, barely
>>
File: 135889970260.png (40 KB, 345x351) Image search: [Google]
135889970260.png
40 KB, 345x351
>have 4 pokemons between lvl 25/30
>have a lvl 8 togepi with extrasensory
>battle vs morty
>beat ghastly
>gengar shadow balls my entire team
>togepi is the last one
>gengar cant touch togepi
>mfw a lvl 8 togepi beats gengar
>mfw togepi beats 3 lvl 25~ ghost type pokemon

And then i decided to keep him, we are great friends know, right togekiss?
>>
>>26025226
None of them.
>>
>>26025259
Underrated onixbro here to prove your shit wrong
You can basically get a bellsprout in a blink of an eye and you can then on train your newly obtained onix quite easily at Faulkner's and Bugsy's thanks to boosted exp
When the time comes, you have a powerhouse that absorbs rollout like a motherfucking chainsaw
>>
>>26027627
>a powerhouse

With that attack stat? Fuck no. It's a wall that can take physical hits, and that's about it.
>>
>>26025226
The only people who found Whitney difficult are literal children or who just rush in and are too used to everything being spoonfed.
>>
>>26025259
Beat her with fuckin Quilava m8. Also what is Kadabra
>>
The only gym leader who till now continues to at least make me reconsider my team/battle plan is Norman in RSE. He knocked out my main team in a Nuzlocke attempt years ago.
>>
Quillava used dig
>>
File: 1454542788172.png (60 KB, 221x205) Image search: [Google]
1454542788172.png
60 KB, 221x205
>>26025226
>ice punch
>gets frozen.
>>
Lt. Surge had me sweating
>>
>I was that autistic kid who only got male pokemon because I thought they were tougher like in the real world
>get to whitney
>tfw attract
>>
>>26025272
as a kid i was always confused as to what type of move rollout was for some reason. so many non rock mons had it i thought it was normal
>>
>>26027603
this happened to me a loooooooong time ago when i first got silver.

>gengar struggles itself to death while i heal togepi
>>
>>26029761
>needing to heal Togepi with 30pp Extrasensory
>>
Are there any hard gym leaders in Gen 1? If you can exploit the mechanics a little bit it's probably the second easiest Gen gym wise. I thought Erika was the hardest bc of bind and constrict
>>
>>26030140

Extrasensory didn't exist in Gen 2.
>>
>>26025226

I usually just caught a Geodude and let it self-destruct. Always an instant win for me.
>>
I had usually grinded my starter to its second evolution so she was no problem
>>
>>26025226
This bitch is only tough on a nuzlocke really. And even then it's a stretch.
>>
>>26029761
>>26027603
Oh, so thats why they give you togepi in Violet... To beat 3 gyms later because by then it shouldve hatched and hopefully evolved.

>>26025259
>female Geodude
>>
>>26030767
Sabrina's the only one i can think of, but last time i fought her i swept with a Hitmonlee from next door. She never actually attacked.
>>
>>26025469
>using Sableye
>>26025473
>using starters
Fucking scumbag gym leader
>>
Platinum Fantina can be such a game ender in Nuzlockes.
That Mismagius is amazing.
I love it.
>>
>>26025412
A big part of that is because you can fight her before doing the forest area to the south. If you think "I want to beat the gym leader before exploring the next area", you'll probably be severely under-leveled.
>>
>>26030767
Misty can be, if only for how Starmie outspeeds and outdamages pretty much anything else by that point
>>
>>26029719
like in the real world ;^)
>>
>>26027603
Wait, what stopped Gengar from using Hypnosis/Dream Eater?
>>
>>26029719
>I was that autistic kid who only got male pokemon because I thought they were tougher
You're not wrong though. In GSC, female Pokémon always had lower attack than male ones.
>>
>>26031459
I'm actually doing a run of HG right now, a spinarak with night shade X insomnia. Got the job one for me.
>>
>>26031234
Her driblim in diamond is fucking annoying
>>
>>26031465

You're wrong though.
>>
>>26025418
They're pretty damn formidable in emerald.
>>
>>26031465
Who's the sorriest excuse for a gym leader? In my opinion it's Giovanni. Literally you've beaten him twice before. Surf will destroy him.
Plus I've always thought the Gen 4 gym leaders put up the beat fight
>>
>>26031493
hes not though.
gender was decided by the DV system and a lower attack stat determined gender.
It was impossible to get a Nidorina with an Attack DV over 7 (max 15) since any Nidoran eggs with a 7-15 attack would be male
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.