[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normal type is an useless placeholder and every normal pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: old.png (57 KB, 497x216) Image search: [Google]
old.png
57 KB, 497x216
>normal type is an useless placeholder and every normal pokemon can be fit in one of the other types

prove me wrong, vp.
>>
Am I the only one who wants the normal type to stay?
>>
Ditto.
>>
>>25990267
I just wish they would reconsider the type charts to bring a little order to it.
It mostly doesn't' make any sense
>>
>>25990273
Dark? Transforming into your enemy is pretty much foul play. Or maybe fairy? Or maybe they can throw in a Bio type for pokemon that can significant alter their biology (Ditto, Eevee, Castform..)
>>
If they add music type you might have a point.
But you don't have an actual point. With your logic fighting type is also a placeholder
>>
They should just rename it the Autism type.
>>
They're pretty much regular animals but can do some fancy stuff.
>>
I like normal types, they have only 1 typ weakness and very few resist it.

solid team material
>>
>>25990289
>literally the most even playing field is "foul play"
>a shapless blob is a fairy
>let's get rid of normal but introduce a far dumber type
>>
Exploud, Snorlax, Tauros , my mums dog, any route one rodent. Just from the top of my head
>>
>>25990257
Arceus, Ditto, and Eevee would be weird as a different type.

Also, if normal were removed, what types would Furfrou, Snorlax, Spinda, Castform ,and Cincinno, Smeargle, and Miltank become? The rest are easy to figure out (Porygon becomes electric, Raticate becomes Dark, etc.) but those ones I'm not sure of.
>>
>>25990436
Exploud could work as a Fairy because Whismar is pretty fairy looking, and most fairies learn Hyper Voice now. Stoutland works as a ground type. Most early route rodents are good at biting stuff and can be Dark. Sentret/Furret lives in burrows, could easily be Ground. Not sure about Tauros and Snorlax, though.
>>
>>25990257
The only thing that bothers me is nearly all birds that don't have an actual secondary type being part normal. I have no clue why they chose to do this.
>>
File: 1458283051857.jpg (25 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1458283051857.jpg
25 KB, 720x540
>>25990289
Yeah haha normal type would be useless as long as we have a new type to classify all the normal Pokemon that won't appropriately fit into any other type.

If you aren't trolling you should seriously consider taking a hammer, some bleach, and just fucking jump out in front of a train bc your IQ puts modern humans to shame (including niggers). Go back to 100000BC you fucking Neanderthal.
>>
>>25990489
Birds are pretty mundane, you see them every day so Normal makes sense. Also it means early route birds can get STAB on Tackle and Quick Attack makes them better early game when that's all you have.
>>
File: 1460926291740.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460926291740.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>25990499
>>
>>25990257
Raticate - Fighting
Persian - Fighting/Psychic
Lickilicky - Rock
Kangaskhan - Fighting
Tauros - Fighting
Ditto - Fairy
Eevee - Fairy
PorygonZ - Electric/Psychic
Snorlax - Fighting
Furret - Fairy
Ambipom - Fighting
Dunsparce - Ground
Ursaring - Fighting
Stantler - Psychic
Smeargle - Dark
Miltank - Fairy
Blissey - Fairy
Linoone - Fairy
Slaking - Fighting
Exploud - Fighting/Electric
Delcatty - Fairy
Spinda - Fairy
Zangoose - Fighting/Poison
Castform - Fairy
Kecleon - Dark
Lopunny - Fighting/Fairy
Purugly - Dark
Regigigas - Fighting
Arceus - Fairy
Watchog - Fighting
Hardier - Dark
Audino - Fairy
Cinccino - Fairy
Bouffalant - Fighting
Furfrou - Fairy
>>
>muh "normal type is a placeholder"
Well this is just fucking wrong, especially considering the fact that dual types have existed since gen1. If it was a placeholder, why would they even bother giving it to Pokémon like Pidgey?
>>
>>25990703
The only ones here that would actually be cool are PorygonZ, Dunsparce, and like 3 of the dairy retypes. The rest range from bad to utter shit. Fairy Arceus? FAIRY EEVEE? We need normal type faggots
>>
>>25990744
And yes I fucking meant dairy. For Pokemon that make milk obv
>>
>>25990744
I don't think Normal should be gotten rid of, I just wanted to list what I think they'd be if they weren't Normal.
>>
>>25990257
But why change anything?
>>
File: thisfuker.png (46 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
thisfuker.png
46 KB, 230x230
>>25990257
And i'm not in my final form
>>
>>25990257
if you stick all those pokemon into dark, fighting, or fairy like most people would if pressed, you'll just end up with threads like we get for fairy all the time now, like
>fighting is just the limbs type
>dark is just the teeth and claws type
>why is X fighting type when it's literally just my mom's X and doesn't use martial arts

except you won't be able to dismiss them with "normal is just a catch-all generic type"
>>
Togekiss is still normal flying in my heart
>>
>>25990889
>add sound

Literally no need for normal with sound on board.
>>
what about porygon? and don't say poison because computer virus
>>
>>25991588
>sound
will never be added, because even though a pokemon can attack using sound, he can't physically consist of sound.
>>
>>25991606
Electric psychic
>>
>>25991606
Porygon is literally a digital bird, so flying should be about right.

>>25991637
Because all pokemon are made of their type? Psychic types are made of what? Fighting? Dark? Flying?
Fuck off, there is no proper definition of pokemon type because they vary from elements to creatures to fucking verbs so any new type is a good guess as another, but at least sound already has mons moves and abilities.
>>
>>25990257
That's not Dark
>>
>>25991588
>add an entirely new type just for 6 or 7 Pokemon
>>
>>25991688
>dark
>steel

I seriously want newfags to leave.
>>
>>25991688
There were only five Steel and Dark-type lines in Gen II.
There was ONE Ghost and Dragon-type line in Gen I, and only TWO in Gen II.
>>
>>25990703
>Castform
>Fairy
It's literally a cloud you fucking retard. Flying fits.
>>
>>25990257

They're normal in comparison to other Pokemon.

Fire-types breathe fire.

Fighting-types know martial arts and have superhuman strength.

Normal-types can't naturally do any of that, they have to taught how by a human.
>>
>>25990257
I think the more complicated game mechanics should be introduced right from the start, no hand holding with extended tutorials

Fuck casuals

poochyena was based and worked fine as a route 1 rodent
>>
File: por que no los dos.jpg (55 KB, 625x430) Image search: [Google]
por que no los dos.jpg
55 KB, 625x430
>>25991732
>>
>>25991678
Although you're right, in almost every point, it's just stupid thinking in a "sound type"
>>
>>25991688
Fairy introduced around 14 new pokemon. The majority of Fairies are old retyped pokemon. Sound could be like that, retyping old mons like Exploud, Noivern, Swoobat, etc, and introducing some new ones.
>>
Normal type is essential. The whole point in normal type is that it gives Pokemon who lack a specific element a category. Pokemon is a game of elements, so Pokemon who lack an element need a place. They shouldn't have to gain some thematic typing, because that limits what kinds of Pokemon the designers can create. Smeargle, Furfrou, Snorlax, Spinda and Kangaskhan are all beloved Pokemon that simply wouldn't work if any other type.

(Although I used to think Kangaskhan was ground type when I was a kid so I suppose that could work)
>>
>>25990257

Meh, they just need to balance the types they have right now.

Rock needs to resist Fairy and Electric
Rock needs to be Super on Fairy

BOOM. Suddenly its shit common weaknesses aren't as big of a problem.
>>
>>25993472
I'd say maybe instead of Rock being SE on Fairy, make Bug resist Fairy and it be SE on Fairy. Buffs Bug and nerfs fairy at the same time.
>>
>>25990475
Stoutland is a dog that does regular dog stuff. It is not some muddy, dirty, sand and dust earth-dwelling Ground type. It also learns literally zero Ground-type moves.

Dark type is all about creatures who exude violence and trickery and are portents of bad luck, not just biting. Biting is Raticate's gimmick anyway although Raticate dual-typing into Normal-Dark isn't too far-fetched; not all the route 1 mammals even learn Bite.

Whismur I can give or take. I'm actually surprised it wasn't wrapped into the Fairy type like Jigglypuff and Snubbull.
>>
>>25993540

Rock resists Fairy/Electric
Bug resists and is super on Fairy

I'd be fine with this.

While we're at it though, Ice needs to be Super on Water and resist Flying.

S O L V E D
>>
Normal is a placeholder in a sense for "Sound type"

Sound doesn't need to be its own type, but by making many sound-based moves like Hyper Voice Normal, it gives Normal mons like Exploud, Chatot, and Pyroar STAB on those moves.
>>
>>25993550
Ice does need buffing defensively. Why does GF keep making Ice tanks instead of Speedy Sweepers like Weavile?
Also, make Poison SE on Water
>>
>>25993736
Yeah I never got why poison isn't SE towards water, pollution my dude.
>>
>>25990457
Arceus could just be a Psychic type. It's basically what GameFreak already do with anything that's magical but not an element.

Ditto could also easily be psychic. Telepathy or whatnot.

But Eevee, and basically all the other four-legged mammals, can't really fit in anywhere. I mean, how the hell do you fit Bidoof into a type? The Pokémon is DEFINED by being completely unremarkable in every conceivable way.
>>
PROPOSAL
>water (now includes ice, since why the fuck water has 2 types)
>fire
>grass
>air (air and sound based pokemons, mostly from normal and obviously flying)
>electric
>poison
>earth (ground + some previously normal mons)
>rock
>metal (new name for steel)
>PSY (new name for psychic)
>warrior (new name for fighting)
>trickster (new name for dark)
>bug
>fairy
>dragon
>ghost

Here. Fixed. Give this a better type chart (built from scratch) instead of that crap that we have now and it's down. This describes literally every one of the 722 mons we have now.
And by making such a big change they can also review every pokemon, adjusting their learnset, evolutions, methods..throw some evolutions for the unfinished mons abolish mega, introduce new line for the unused type combination, go up to 1000 and present the "complete", ordered, reviewed dex.
Also they can add unique description to every pokemon to make it more unique that has effect on the battle like "this pokemon can fly" (so is immune to certain moves) "this is made of ice" (so it's weak to fire but resists grass) and stuff like that. To make the collection aspect of the game even better they could even add variations (based on location not stupid fusions).. but I'm dreaming.
>>
>>25994166
>Fixed

Fixed what exactly?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.