[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>All these people bemoaning genwun shiling or an adapation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: More like this pls.png (1 MB, 1358x644) Image search: [Google]
More like this pls.png
1 MB, 1358x644
>All these people bemoaning genwun shiling or an adapation of the Ash cartoon.

You guys are missing the economic picture. Film franchises exist to shill the branded products throug a nation stage. Action figures posters etc.

In Pokemon's case, their primary product is the core series games. There is no way Nintendo would have a high profile. major mation picture that isnt serving to sell there primary product. Now, unless Ninendo is going to do a second round of g1 remakes for around 2020 or so(which, although unlikely is possible) it is most finacially logical that Nintendo will base the film on Generation 8(or 9 depending on lead time)so they can have a full multimedia push. If they play their carda right they can even do simetaneous development, like Transformers with toys or Ratchet and Clank just did, or Disney' s whole Star Wars strategy with the films,comics and cartoons, where the lore is developed by a core team that is diffused across all products. Especially sinxe Nintendo is the one pushing for it.

Heck given film franchizes and pokemon gens both take 3-4 years between installments, we could even have every new core series release come along with a film.

Maybe even american made cartoon by WB(nintendo likes Warners)

Its good strategy on all parts as WB like most studios has shifted to a franchise based model, with WB using DC,Lego and Harry Potter films as pillars of its buisness plan. With the new Hannah Barbara Cinimatic Universe and now Pokemon it is a ripe multimedia platform.

Nostalgia is simple, the name pokemon, some iconic mons like Pikachu and Charizard, thats enough to bring in that crowd, the idea that you need to autistically rip the old series instead of getting its feel ks foolish. Its not like the multi billion dollar Transformers juggernaut is a g1 adaption, though it shares some elements.

All in all I am looking forward to these new artistic possibilities
>>
I am looking forward to these new autistic possibilities. Like your post.
>>
>>25959816
>Legendary gets it
>Del Toro Pokemon

yes
>>
you see though, i dont like what warner has done with their DC franchise. so why the fuck would i have faith they could do pokemon right? (if they do get the rights and this isnt all pointless rumor)
>>
did something happen to make OP post this kinda talk?
>>
>>25959902
Saying you dont like Warner becasue of how they did the dceu is like saying you dont like 4chan because of /b/ .

Warner in general good shit. Snyder just isnt that good.

Look at Lego or Pacific Rim
>>
>>25959937
There is apparently a bidding war for a Pokemon live action movie going on right now
>>
>>25959902
It'll be Disney.
>>
>>25959937
Nintendo is auctioning film rights to hollywood, with Warners and Legendary as favorites.
>>
>>25959953
look at harry potter. they're going to beat that dead horse some more.
>>
>>25959959
Why do you think? It may be them, but other companies are going to be more desperate for franchises and thus will offer better deals.

Nintendo already uses WB to distribute its films
>>
>>25959985
We havent seen the movie it looks good. If fairy tales, folk heroes and superheros can have stories lasting generations why not pop culture icons? Sherlock Holmes ,Dracula and Batman have lasted forever and given us great stories for every decade. Why cant HP.

Hell, Pokemon is a 20 year narrative
>>
>>25959957
It's a misreport. What's actually happening is that a bunch of studios are offering Nintendo money for the license to make one. It's not really something new, there's nothing indicating Nintendo is caring (they probably aren't) and the studios in question couldn't even be fucked to comment for the article.
>>
>>25959991

Disney has the best track record of taken classic/nostalgic franchises, making them into movies with realism, and yet still delivering crowd pleasers that boom at the box office. And they have the high budgets to pull it off.

Disney likes brands. Disney likes to be as in control as possible. Something like Pokemon would build up their empire even more.
>>
>>25960127
I think you are letting myopia hit.

The MCU is really the only real sucess story they have in using pre existing brands. Cinderella had zero impact, Jungle book is looking to be good and TFA is, not the prequels.

Disney is some brand mesiah.
>>
File: junglebook.jpg (99 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
junglebook.jpg
99 KB, 486x720
>>25960127
>Disney has the best track record of taken classic/nostalgic franchises, making them into movies with realism
>>
>>25960154

Despite what you pesonally feel, TFA was a general crowd pleaser, and brought in old fans and new ones. It reignited the brand to immense levels and also pulled in literally billions. It delivered.

Jungle Book looks good critically and also has great visual effects behind. It shows Disney can pull of whimsical and fantastical while also realistic and somewhat dark.
>>
>>25960162

Critically acclaimed, great special effects, light hearted fun yet also blends in some darker elements. The perfect combination for a Pokemon movie.
>>
>>25960154
*isnt

>>25960173
Yeah but that wasnt some magic disney touch. Any fucking non horrrible star wars movie would have done that. The PREQUELS did that.
The MCU, Cinderella, the Jungle Book and TFA isnt enough to make Disney the god of adaptations.

They are above average which is fine
>>
>>25959816
Whats this about? are they finally gonna make ash 20 and get back with misty and Brock back and fuck off with all this other shit? really they should've never did half the shit they did with this show.

Because of how shit the show is 100% of the viewers are long gone. I stopped at the sliver/gold era since the feel of the whole show dropped. Ash became a brainwashed trapped character with no personality.
>>
Digimon did it now and its really good. everything is much more mature, but season 3 was already better than 90% of the pokemon tv show anyway.
>>
>>25960178
Yeah but thats one film. Look at Cinderella.

The Force Awakamens was at a times, been called an okay borderline new hope remake, which they all consider awesome.

The mcu even quality wise isnt AWE INSPRING.

Disney makes okay films but because they are graded on a curve(prequels sucked, no shared universe films before) they seem superhuman
>>
File: YFj3Peo.gif (462 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
YFj3Peo.gif
462 KB, 500x258
>>25960162
>>25960178
>Jungle Book

My nigga
>>
>>25960127
I wish but that's like if Miyazaki took over Pokemon movies. I feel like if Pokemon sold the movie rights we would essentially get another dragonball live action movie. Everyone is white except professor oak and misty.
>>
File: hhgj.jpg (129 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
hhgj.jpg
129 KB, 640x640
Reminder
>>
>>25960205
You misses Hoenn, May'ssaga was the best writing the show had. Also

1.You are g1 fag, valuing nostgia over quality

2. The Pokemon cartoon was almost always horrible. Formulaic, full of filler, little to no character arcs, zero stakes, and a plot on the rails. Its why May and Dawn's seasons are stand outs because contest arcs tend to avoid most of. those issues.

3. Did you read the post at all
>>
>>25960194

Compared to the rest of the market, yes it does. Sorry it didn't meet your impossibly perfect expectations.

Nobody cared about Cinderella, it was a dull remake, yes. But it made them HUGE profits compared to its budget. That's all Nintendo and these movie companies want.

The MCU is a brand juggernaut, with so many toys, games, spin off brands, shows, every piece of merchandise under the sun. And the movies are almost always well received by critics and fans and make them more money than they know what to do with. Doesn't hurt that fans like them, and a few love to hate them. Either way, success.

Jungle Book is very recent, so it's still pulling in the earnings. But critics love it. Adults and kids love it. It managed to pull of an adaptation of a classic without ruining it, in fact, making it better in a lot of aspects.

The Force Awakens wouldn't have made nearly as much if Disney hadn't been behind it. Why? Just look up their marketing budget. Literally EVERYONE knew that movie was coming. And it had a great team of people behind it. Sure, it wasn't ground breaking or completely original, but it was safe enough to please fans and make everyone a lot richer. And what brand is all about those two things? Mother fucking Pokemon.
>>
You tell me how a live action movie for kids won't be the most idiotic thing on the entire planet.
>>
>>25960229
Why the hell does everyone bring up Dragonball Evolution as if ita the only way to adapt a film.

Espeically given Legendary, the most fannish and "un normie" film studio on earth is in the lead.

They let a 40 year old make autistic fanfic for 10 years and let Del Toro do a fucking giant robot vs kaiju movie , I servely doubt we are getting "american akira"
>>
>>25960221

>Look at Cinderella.

It made them a lot of money. Shut the fuck up.

>The Force Awakamens was at a times, been called an okay borderline new hope remake, which they all consider awesome.

Exactly. Played it safe, pleased people, made billions.

>The mcu even quality wise isnt AWE INSPRING.

Who fucking said it was? They're generally well received action movies that pull in the box office revenue. That's a success no matter how you look at it.

>Disney makes okay films

Better than the studios that delivered Transformers, TMNT, Dragon Ball Evolution, and The Last Airbender. Disney knows how to adapt brands in the most viably successful way possible at the moment. They're the best choice.
>>
>>25960259
Well it's for kids, do you watch Dora the explorer for the dark gritty violence?
>>
>>25960250
That is my whole point.

Disney in recent times just has an above average track record that doesnt garuntee they are some brand wunderkund
>>
>>25960229

Stop bringing up fucking white washing.

Blue Oak is white. Professor Oak is white. Misty is a red head. Red is white. His Mother is white. The majority of the characters are white. White skin, big eyes, light hair, etc. Can they pass as Japanese? Sure. But can they also pass as White? Absolutely.
>>
>>25960259

>Jungle Book
Pulled every aspect off perfectly

>MCU
Pleases older fans while also getting every kid obsessed with Ironman/Thor/Captain America/etc/etc

Stop acting like it's physically impossible to make something that pleases both youth and adults. Zootopia and Jungle Book just proved that and also delivered some of the best movies of the year so far.
>>
>>25960270
We already got American Akira.
>the signal, 2014
>chronicle, 2012

I'm sure there's more too.
>>
>>25960282
You missed the point but thanks for showing us that window of autism.
>>
>>25960250
Disney didnt do anything with tfa that Lucasfilm didnt do with every star wars film after the first.

And dont kid yourself about the mcu'd acclaim, iron man 2 and 3, Incredible Hulk, Thor 1 and 2 ... MCU has ton of medicore and "meh..ok" films, it just looks god tier overall. Thats my point.

Disney isnt inherentky more talented than any other company, they jusy caught ligntening in a bottle with a cinematic brand and then they bought star wars and did what anyone else would do.

They are not magic
>>
>>25960279

Above average track record?

They make multi-millions, when not billions, off everything they put out. Success.

They're almost always either well received or critically acclaimed. Success.

The majority of their target audience enjoys their films. Success.

Stop acting like everyone shares your opinion. I bet you're some ass mad SW fan who's still pissed over TFA.

Everyone knows Disney IS the brand wunderkind when it comes to films. They own Marvel and Lucasfilm, and they're in talks to buy a lottttt more.
>>
>>25960310

>Disney didnt do anything with tfa that Lucasfilm didnt do with every star wars film after the first.

Except make more money than all the other films combined.
>>
>>25960320
Is inflation factored into that?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 307x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 307x352
>>25960282
You're right, those japs love Americans so much they thought "fuck our slanted eyes, let's make this game about all the precious white children hundreds of miles away".
>>
File: dobson.jpg (22 KB, 206x253) Image search: [Google]
dobson.jpg
22 KB, 206x253
>>25960353
>inflation
>>
>>25960293
Jesus christ dude, I like their good movies too but get their dick out your ass
>>
>>25960385
yes nigger. a movie ticket costs more dollars now than it did in '77 so saying a movie made X dollars more than another is pointless without adjusting.
>>
>>25960271
If we are going by finacials, Transformers is a god tier juggernaut
>>
>>25960415
nintendo, and especially gamefreak, arent the kinds of companies that care about the bottom line over all else. these nutjobs actually want us to love all of our pokemon.
>>
>>25960271
A B-doesnt become an A just because everyone else has a C
>>
Are you the guy who said Disney should buy Nintendo turn it into Disney Games and then make Nintendo studios to make a bunch of cgi films ?
>>
File: curvy.png (26 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
curvy.png
26 KB, 375x360
HOLY FUCK

A new Pokemon confirmed for the movie!
>>
>>25960282
>>25960304
>>25960357
They are mukokuseki dude?
>>
>>25960467
get back to your autism thread
>>
>>25960436
In which case they will go for the best pitch. Which will probably be Legendary or warners given how they are the most fanboy run and "auteur" style studios.
>>
File: Brendan-Fraser-magic-clap.gif (2 MB, 316x264) Image search: [Google]
Brendan-Fraser-magic-clap.gif
2 MB, 316x264
>>25960472
Already in it
>>
>>25960471
Brock maybe. Whatever. I'd rather not argue about what race cartoon characters are.
>>
>>25960471
I live in a country where people (we call them weeaboos) pretend that they are characters from anime and try to act like them obsessed with Japanese culture. What you're saying sounds like the wishful thinking of one of said weeaboos.
>>
>>25960530
What?
>>
Those that know the product approval manual will know TPCi holds their property on a VERY tight leash. No one would be allowed to make anything other than what they already do.
>>
>>25960688
Post pls
>>
>>25960385
>The joke
>Your head
>>
>>25961079
I take it that was meant for >>25960411?
>>
>>25959816
Good point.

Whats your ideal Pokemon film\game combo franchise look like
>>
>>25959894
most pokemon are too cute and adorable for del toro's taste
>>
>>25961593
Del toro is based
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.