[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Pokemon game(s) will age like wine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: mio.png (154 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mio.png
154 KB, 300x300
Which Pokemon game(s) will age like wine?
>>
>>25945329
none of them
>>
>>25945329
B2/W2, no slow engine like Gen 4, the split unlike Gens 1-3, and not multiplayer reliant like Gen 6

I enjoy Gen 6 for the multiplayer, but let's face it, it's gonna age like milk
>>
>>25945344
BW2 is just as multiplayer reliant as gen VI games. It lost a lot when WiFi got shut down.
>>
None of them. Ever. They will always be outclassed by new hardware and the gameplay is not enough to save them.
>>
>>25945329
Pokémon Snap. ...Maybe.

The main Pokémon games won't, just because GameFreak like to continuously improve their games rather than what most of companies do where they change up a whole lot just to have change (Final Fantasy is the worst for this). It pretty much always turns into "Will the Pokémon game with less Pokémon and worse moves and worse mechanics ever be the best Pokémon game?"

I mean, you might argue that one generation is worse than the one before it - like "Gen 6 is so imbalanced that it's impossible to lose with Exp Share on" - but it's always going to be for a reason that gets fixed in the next generation.
>>
>>25945329
I still do a casual run of firered every once in a while. It's still fun
>>
Emerald already did
>>
>>25945329
Platinum, or Sinnoh region in general. No idea why people give it such shit, it's the best region layout in all the games.
>>
Pokemon XY
>>
>>25945501

Emerald a shit.
>>
>>25945329
Thanks doc
>>
>>25945525
emerald sucks as much dick as your mother
>>
>>25945329
Emerald, Platinum, HGSS. Gen 4 has engine problems but content-wise it's sublime.

Gen V will not be as popular similar to today but it'll continue to have a dedicated niche fanbase.

Gen VI will be forgotten like the trash it is, any "fans" of it will move on to the next shitty Mauda game when it comes out and claim that to be the best.
>>
B2/W2. Maybe HG/SS.
>>
Do people really not know how wine ages or are we roleplaying being 10?
>>
>>25946150
It only gets better over time.
>>
>>25945329
probably platinum or black/white 1 or 2
and this is coming from a gen 2 babby
>>
None of them. Ever. They all age like milk.
>>
>>25945344
No slow engine but easily the slowest start of all franchise. I hope you like words nigga, cuz u getting a book.
>>
>>25946448
>not liking words
You're confusing quantity with quality, It'd be fine if it had quality writing
>>
>>25945329
Crystal, HeartGold/SoulSilver.
maybe im just biased towards Johto
>>
Gen 2

The only games to actually add features and not remove any (don't pretend like you give a fuck about safari zone), and the atmosphere and soundtrack are the best in the series.
>>
>>25945344
Platinum is already fine quality wine. DP are just shitty incomplete version of it.

>I enjoy Gen 6 for the multiplayer, but let's face it, it's gonna age like milk
True, it already feels dull with online gameplay can't imagine replaying that when they pull the plug from those servers.
>>
>>25946705
Nah man Gen 4 is still slow even with Platinum's fixes. That and Gen 4 Frontier a shit aside from the Factory.

Also I actually fucking love Gen 6's multiplayer overall, the idea that you can do runs with random mons, even if they're fucking dull when you get good mons early, actually breed/SR mons reasonably, battle and trade anywhere in the overworld etc feels fucking amazing.
>but genies
You may not believe this but you're talking to the guy who held up the sign in the first place and there is NOTHING more satisfying than taking out those samefags. I actually like trying to Karenfag sometimes as well. I just consider it varying degrees of hard mode.
>>
>>25946753
Sure the multiplayer stuff and be able to start battle and trade everywhere was great. It was mostly the world that felt small and dull.

>NOTHING more satisfying than taking out those samefags
As semi Karenfag I know that feel, feels good to destroy their predictable leads and make them rage quit.
>>
>>25945329
I heard people gave up on making the Pokémon games on desmume have netplay so it's all up to Cemu
>>
BW for having the best single-player story. I don't really expect people to stick around for the postgame stuff as much with older/outdated games so BW having the most interesting start-to-finish campaign lifts it to this level, IMO
>>
>>25945329
HS/SS and I'm not even a Johtobabby. Platinum as well as Emerald.

It's a toss up for BW2 because it relied so much on wifi.
>>
>>25946809
Ah I get it. I like stuff like Soaring with Spot pass and Friend Safari being great ways to improve integration with the worldbuilding and multiplayer, at least.

Also semi-Karenfags a best. Pic related, my speed control bro.
>>
Why am I the only one that doesn't care about battling at all? If I'm going to fight, it had better be for a good reason. And no, you forcing me is not a good reason.
>>
>>25946984
At this point you might as well not even play these games, buddy.
>>
File: 1442071011910.jpg (734 KB, 2000x1143) Image search: [Google]
1442071011910.jpg
734 KB, 2000x1143
Conquest
>>
>>25947004
I don't, but I feel it's a conclusion anyone can make. One way or the other, some aspect of how it's marketed is a lie, or they're just so naive that you can go up to them and blatantly tell them you're going to mug them and they won't flinch at all.
>>
>>25946984
>>25947095
What are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>25945329
PMD:EoS
Or any of the DS spin-offs.
>>
Gold/Silver/Crystal
literally the greatest video game sequel of all time, did nothing but add new features and fix the previous games issues, all the retro charm of the Gameboy era but without the issues gen 1 has

HG/SS
Largest amount of single player content in any pokemon game, insanely good post game what with kanto and gym leader rematches, in addition to the battle frontier, following pokemon
>>
The answer is HGSS, BW2 and Emerald. Maybe ORAS and Platinum.

>>25945501
>>25945944

This, really.

>>25946448
VERY fucking true. I stopped playing a randomized BW run because damn that was slow.
>>
Gen 2 is still ten times more fun to play on my gbc than replaying any thing passed it. Replaying gen 1 was also fun as fuck on the 3ds. Gen 2 really was the height. Gen 3 was the lowest back then and still is and now its gen 6. You would cacth nobody actually replaying pokemon games now. Who the fuck would replay gen 4 - 6 even years later, I never understood why people wanted Z.
>>
>>25947314
>ORAS
Nah. Emerald, as the other anon said already did age like wine. I've played it recently and it was much more fun that playing ORAS. Hell, ORAS had access to 3 more gens of pokemon and fell short in using any of them. I know it was supposed to be a remake and all, but that's the point of remakes. Improving upon the old stuff. You have access to so much shit and use none of it.
>>
>>25947314
>BW is the same as BW2

Why are you doing this to yourself?
>>
>>25947426
While Emerald did a lot better than ORAS, ORAS did a lot better than Emerald too. At least to me. I find them more or less equal right now. Maybe with the edge eventually going to Emerald when ORAS' servers go down.
>>
>>25947414
>Who the fuck would replay gen 4 - 6 even years later, I never understood why people wanted Z.
Many people actually. And many people still do. Who the fuck do you see replaying gen 2? HG/SS if you really want Johto is immensely better. And people still replay Emerald. A LOT. After all these years. Hell it's probably the most downloaded rom as well as the most hacked out of any other game in the franchise.

I played Emerald a while ago and I had a blast, while I really didn't like Hoenn as a region. None of the GBC games aged well. Don't delude yourself
>>
>>25947453
Oh, I saw "slows start" and "gen V" and my mind just put in the rest. BW2 wasnt all that slow,
>>
>>25947463
I'm not deluding myself because I replayed gen 1 and have replayed gen 2 a lot. Gen 3 was the reason every game was the same thing over and over. Gen 2 still stands out after all this time. Gen 3 Fucking got rid of real time and day and night cycles. It had a boring as fuck world too. The whole game aged like shit. And its why oras is shit besides its engine.
>>
>>25947476
BW was a slow start? Could you just not handle the two rival battles in the beginning?

The slowest starts have got to be GSC/HGSS. Basically walk almost all the way up to the first Gym city only battling wild Pokemon, then come all the way back for a rival battle, then go all the way back to Route 30 for regular trainer battles to begin. Gens 1 and 3 were similar but not quite as bad. IDK why they wanted you to backtrack right at the beginning so much in those games.
>>
>>25947544
I will never understand why anyone can say Hoenn was boring with a straight-face. Hoenn has the most geological variety out of any region so far. We got a city made out of treehouses and a town that floats on wooden platforms in the middle of the sea. A city that sits in the middle of a beautiful white caldera that can only be accessed underwater. There are hardly any cities in any other game that are nearly as interesting as those were.
>>
>>25947613
And yet they are all the same throwaway buildings as all the other cities and towns in all the other games.
>>
>>25947634
You thin Hoenn is boring because every building isn't an iconic landmark or something? What is it that you want, exactly? This isn't exactly a trait exclusive to the Hoenn region, like you said.
>>
>>25947544
We'll agree to disagree about Emerald but you still haven't told me about why GSC over HGSS. I personally think they're not even comparable. HGSS were the best remakes in the franchise and it shows. I cannot think of a single thing I'd rather be playing GSC over HGSS for. Better movesets, graphics, visuals as a whole(HGSS is just beatiful), more pokemon, many more things to do. Why the originals?
>>
>>25947779
Not that guy but the graphics are pretty subjective, some people like that retro charm. Same with music, too, but HGSS has GB Sounds. I prefer GSC's soundtrack over HGSS. Overall HG/SS is better, though, I agree.
>>
>>25945329
heartgoldsousilver, and black2white2.
except, gen 4 engine a little slow, so it'll be like molasses wine, not for the faint of heart.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.