[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this accurate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: region.png (531 KB, 923x865) Image search: [Google]
region.png
531 KB, 923x865
is this accurate?
>>
>Hoenn north of Sinnoh
>A dozen fanfic regions

Gee I dunno anon.
>>
Mt Coronet culminates at Mt. Moon. Sinnoh is directly north of Kanto
>>
>>25943380
Lol no. Sinnoh is an island. It is north of Kanto and Johto, as confirmed in HGSS, but the mountain range doesn't continue on it.
>>
>>25943346
>New Kalos
>Icolena
>Arion
>Inridia

What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>25943346
I'd genuinely like for the guy who mad this to tell what all those OC regions are.
>>
>>25943478
>island
Thought the Sinjoh ruins connected Sinnoh and Johto.
>>
>>25943532
Sinnoh people presumably crossed the sea to reach Johto / Sinjoh. It probably corresponds to the real-life Tohoku region.
>>
>>25943346
>sinnoh below hoenn
how dumb are you?
>>
>>25943346
Except we know the Sevii and Orange islands are directly south of Kanto, and Kalos is missing.
>>
>>25943346

no, it isn't. but serebii's fan map was made canon in ORAS so check that out
>>
>>25943735
Wait what?

That's so cool
>>
>>25943791

yes

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?637946-Serebii-net-Pok%E9mon-Omega-Ruby-amp-Alpha-Sapphire-Discovery-Thread&s=311bab808ff135a8877dfec63e2df809&p=17524236#post17524236
>>
>>25943831
Wow, can't imagine how he felt on discovering that. I'd be so fucking over the moon. He deserves it.
>>
>>25943831
Copyright infringement.
>>
>>25943735
I feel more like it was more a nod in appriciation to the site/the fandom in general, than them actually making it canon.
>>
>>25943735
Of course it wasn't. It contradicts in-game lore in many ways. Not to mention it was flipped. Just a cute node on the fandom.
>>
>>25944916
>>25945062
Only acceptable answers.

in any case, Jap Map is the only acceptable map until proven otherwise, unlike what that retard was making a few days ago :^)
>>
>>25943346
>that sinnoh placement

todays education system is a fucking joke
>>
>>25945229
Shut the fuck up with your fanfic bullshit.
>>
>>
File: pokemon world.png (351 KB, 900x633) Image search: [Google]
pokemon world.png
351 KB, 900x633
To date this is the best map I've seen.
>>
>>25945449
>lets just stick NYC right where new olrleans is.

unova needs to be much smaller there.
>>
>>25945449
looks like 3 regions i cant identify.
whatever is north and east of johto
and whats north of kanto but south of fiore? i guess
>>
The problem with Pokémon fan maps is that the creators hear "world" and think "small country", so every playable region happens to be right next to every other playable region.
>>
File: XoNiar2.png (17 KB, 475x319) Image search: [Google]
XoNiar2.png
17 KB, 475x319
Pokémon world is located in our world, deal with it nerds.
>>
>>25945558
4/6 main series regions have been part of one small country though. at least two side game regions as well
>>
>>25945488
No it doesn't. It's based on New York, but it isn't literally New York. It's much bigger.
>>
I think it's funny how someone actually bothers making maps that are clearly inaccurate, when they will only become outdated when the next region is revealed

>>25943522
probably just a bunch of stuff he made up to make it all come together
>>
>>25945583
>Two unrelated places can't have the same name
I sure love all these loos in INDIAna.
>>
>>25945558
Orre and Unova are both in America.

Kalos isn't close to anywhere to be fair.

Every other region is in Japan.
>>
>>25945583
Didn't Lt Surge get retconned as a Unovan instead of American?
>>
>>25945621
most of it east of the western river is basically the hudson river valley and upstate new york/new england, with a way too tropical jersey shore. west of the river is the south western desert and great plains bordering the sierra nevada, but that still doesnt excuse castelia city being where new orleans is.
>>
>>25945660
yes, the PWT says he is from unova
>>
How the FUCK did Sinnoh get way down there. What in the literal FUCK is wrong with you.

>>25943831

Wow, he's so egotistical. It's just a random assortment of colors, not your goddamn map you self absorbed piece of cunt. Why the fuck would Game Freak look on the net for a god damn map when they can just make one up. Joe's such a fucking slut.
>>
>>25943831
>he puts sinnoh in the south as well
What do people not understand about this region? its so far north there are almost zero native fire types.

it snows in the warmer seasons of DP and the protags had to put on rather heavy cold weather gear for Pt

holy shit.
>>
>>25945660
>>25945668
The announcer only speculates if he is from Unova or not. That doesn't confirm he is from Unova. Get your amateur headcanons out of your asses.
>>
>>25945776
wew, calm down anon.
its been a couple years since i read that one line, and all i remember was them mention unova, do you have a screenshot of the exact quote?
>>
>>25945693
>being this retarded

Does it hurt?
>>
File: fer.png (279 KB, 470x469) Image search: [Google]
fer.png
279 KB, 470x469
>>25945776
>getting this mad over a misquote

Holy shit anon, are you literally autistic?
>>
>>25945815
Thank you for falling for my bait. You win nothing.
>>
>>25945449
>fell for the "Regions fit like Japan" meme
>Hoenn isn't even facing north
>>
>>25945558
"National Dex" strongly implies the regions thus far are pretty close.

>>25945776
>this autism again
>>
>>25947227
>meme
kyushu isnt oriented the way the hoenn map is.
see
>>25945443
>>
"Kiloude is a city in southern Kalos"
>>
>>25947265
Thus proving my point you twat. It doesn't fit. All Pokémon maps follow the standard NESW directioning. Stop trying to push this fanon. The Dev's have already stated the Pokémon Regions don't fit together like our real world countries, and that the Pokémon World is unique.
>>
>>25947303
anon, all you do is turn it 90 degrees and its a perfect match.
>>
>>25947465
How fucking dense are you?

By your logic, Hoenn is facing west in the games. But this is fine because "turn it 90 degrees and its a perfect match"

Just give up with this headcanon of yours anon. Please.
>>
> The Dev's have already stated the Pokémon Regions don't fit together like our real world countries
Citation please.
To my knowledge they've stated that the Pokemon World is very similar to Earth.
>>
>>25943735
>>25943831
>Oh fuck I need to create some assets to be used for this new Pokémon game, I wish they gave us more than a year to push ORAS out
>I don't want to waste time making ALL of this stuff. Lemme just Google "Pokémon map" and use whatever looks the nicest
>Yeah, this image looks okay. Copy, paste, resize/skew
>I wish Sugimori-san was a little quieter when fucking his Lucario body pillow
Is it something he deserves to be happy about? Of course. Was it deliberate? Probably not.
>>
>>25943346
Yeah, the North of Sinnoh is totally right South from Hoenn
Just like Alaska is right South from Cuba...
>>
>>25947490
have you been to the battle resort in ORAS? the camera turns the whole island on a pivot. you face 'up' on the screen for each of the cardinal directions, which are never once stated in game. you're just assuming that up on the overworld is north. thats a pretty baseless headcanon
>>
This is the only correct map.
Unova and Kalos aren't anywhere near any other region.
>>
>>25947599
>"correct map"
>Orange Islands
Not even going to bother humor you about the "fits like Japan" crap
>>
>>25947565
Even Serebii says that...
>>
>>25943346
>Inridia
>Arion
>Icolena
>Avisol
>Iro
>New Kalos
>Omas
>Gema
None of these are real
>>
>>25948250
>Arion
>Avisol

>not from 2031
>he doesn't know about Summer/Winter or Plus/Minus
>>
>>25948303
>not knowing plus/minus were pokken
>>
As sucky as poketubers are Bird Keeper Toby has a good theory on the World Map that uses clues given in the games. I think his version of Pokéarth.
>>
>>25948480
I agree. This is, using all the In-Game evidence that we have thus far, the most accurate idea of what the Pokémon world looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E1aI4tDgDA
>>
File: Pokémon World Map.png (2 MB, 2674x1474) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon World Map.png
2 MB, 2674x1474
>>25948550
>>
>>25946623

Congrats. You baited an anon on an anon board. You win a sad life. Whoops, you already have one. Too bad.
>>
>>25943346
No you fucking moron.
>>
>>25943532
It is stated on televisions around sinnoh that Sinnoh is an island. That Pokemon Ranger region (Think its Oblivia or Fiore) is probably its southern part, as looks like southern Hokkaido and is stated on the game that the region is only close to Sinnoh
>>
>>25943346
where is the equator? this is important because if we assume it in the middle, then orre cannot be north of sinnoh.
>>
>>25948550
>>25948647

Stupid poketubers. Unova and Kalos are nowhere near each other or any of the Japan-based regions.
>>
>>25948550
Jesus fuck he needs to enunciate
>>
>>25950189

In game facts PROVE that Unova is connected to Sinnoh, Sinnoh is connected to Johto, Kalos is connected to Sinnoh, and Johto is connected to Kanto.

Literally ALL but Hoenn are connected.
>>
>>25950493

The routes reset and Skyla heavily implies Kanto and Sinnoh are far away from Unova, which is why originally it shared no native species with those regions. Suck it.
>>
>>25947565

The fact remains, sadly, that it's in the game, and therefore canon until it gets retconned.
>>
>>25950715

>Eevee is native to Kanto
>Countless other species are
>Kanto Pokemon swarm in after main story
>Cave of Being literally says it connects Unova to Sinnoh
>Johto known to connect to Sinnoh due to Sinjoh Ruins

Try harder. It's far, but still connected. They're not neighboring.

Fucking France and China and India and South Africa are all connected.
>>
File: xatu2.png (44 KB, 359x324) Image search: [Google]
xatu2.png
44 KB, 359x324
>GF will never make an omni-game featuring every region
>You will never be able to choose your starting region, and even your starting town.
>You will never be able to face each Gym Leader in the order that you choose, with each being scaled depending on what order you face them in (E.g. facing Viridian Gym for your first badge would be level 12 Rhyhorn and Diglett)
>HMs will never be overhauled so that they work just like ordinary TMs, and pokemon that can learn the move can do the overworld effect automatically (e.g. Gyarados will Surf even without knowing the move)
>HMs will never be locked until a certain number of Gyms in a region have been completed (e.g. can only Surf in Sinnoh once you've beaten five of its Gyms, even if you have all 8 Kanto badges)
>Call it a "license" or something idgaf
>You will never be able to visit all the spin-off regions like Orre, Fiore, Almia etc and see all the amazing shit they had (Realgam Tower, Almia's ice castle) or compete in Pokemon tournaments at Poketopia and Stadium Island
>The Pokemon world map will never be confirmed, always only speculated
>All of these features will never be combined into a quasi-MMO game, where you can optionally join a "server" and play with thousands of other players, all on a handheld system, or alternatively just play on classic offline single player mode
>>
File: pokearth.png (88 KB, 1100x850) Image search: [Google]
pokearth.png
88 KB, 1100x850
>>25950872
>The Pokemon world map will never be confirmed, always only speculated

Pic related is technically canon, which is most likely as close as we're ever going to get.
>>
File: akane glum.png (502 KB, 972x720) Image search: [Google]
akane glum.png
502 KB, 972x720
>>25948303
>Summer/Winter

>box legendaries are just shiny Sawsbuck with some new abilities

I still haven't forgiven Gamefreak for that.
>>
>>25950872
I would be fine with a single player game like that where you coul have a max of 10 people in the same world, but I'd hate an MMO.
>>
>>25950911
It isn't though
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.