[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all agree SM is gen 6 now right? They wouldn't go this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6
File: 820[1].jpg (1 MB, 2071x2598) Image search: [Google]
820[1].jpg
1 MB, 2071x2598
We all agree SM is gen 6 now right?

They wouldn't go this long showing nothing if it were a new gen because if it were a new gen they'd actually have shit to show off.
>>
>They wouldn't go this long showing nothing if it were a new gen because if it were a new gen they'd actually have shit to show off.

Half Life 3 confirmed for HL2 HD remake, then?
>>
They announced SM not that long ago, man.

These things take time.
>>
>>25942144
>These things take time.

no they don't. Most of the game is already finished. If they wanted to they could have announced these games the same way they did with XY. But they chose not to.
>>
It's still not if you go by the sentiment that new Pokemon = new gen.
We've already seen the bird in the trailer and Magearna has been officially revealed.
>>
>>25942144
>these things take time
Usually it takes less than 2 months for any proper information to appear about a game after its announcement. 90% of announcements plain come with their footage.

Even ORAS's shitty "just Groudon and Kyogre screaming about absolutely nothing" trailer came out only a month after ORAS was announced with in-game screenshots.
>>
>>25940711
Yes.
>>
>>25940711

>we all agree

Are you fucking blind? The board is divided on this, theres Gen 7 and Gen 6.5 fags
>>
>>25940711
No it's the new generation. New pokemon = new generation. This is the standard procedure, with some new mons cropping up in the anime ahead of the game's release.
>>
>>25942225
>New pokemon = new generation

not anymore
>>
>>25940711
This is a outdated rumor which has already been officially been deconfirm.

Why are You talking about this?
>>
>>25942231
It's always been like this and always will be.
>>
Dude it's gen 7

Remember when b&w were announced a we had to wait 3 months to get info?
>>
>>25942258
What I don't fucking get is this; how come it is that every time in the past when a Pokemon was revealed before its debut game, (Zoroark, Munchlax, etc.) nobody disputed that it was a next generation Pokemon. But now Magearna does the same and everyone loses their shit.
>>
>>25942258

BW had screenshots the same month they were announced. We got starters and mascots by the second month.

Even if you consider Zoroark's reveal in February like Magearna/SM to be the real announcement, we still got the screenshots and a short trailer of Hilda walking through Castelia by April.
>>
>>25940711
You have a lot of free time OP. You could paint a painting so impressive it will be showcased in the museums 200 years from now. You could craft a statue so elegant that people will look up to you because of it. You could make a piece if music so beautiful experts will listen to it in a thousand years and talk about how advanced your techniques were. You could make a movie that would make Citizen Kane look like The Room. But instead you're here. Shitposting about > le Gen 6.5 Xd
>>
>>25942282
Anon you cannot be any more right
>>
>>25942282
there wasn't a shit ton of unused data that suggests more games and the third legendary of the box trio was in a game already.
>>
>>25942199
Reminder that 6.5 is a label with equal problems to that of feminism, at least with its daily now usage.
>>
>>25942231

Says who? The pattern is all we have to rely on
>>
>>25942325
90% chance that he's a mechanicsfag
>>
>>25942325
we also have battle compatibility to rely on.

imagine it this way: no one except a small minority would call platinum, crystal, emerald, or bw2 a new gen if they only had a 1 or 2 new pokemon. No one calls Gale of Darkness a gen 4 game just because it has Munchlax and Bonsly. There were people who thought those BW2 scans with cactus bird were legit even though everyone agreed it's gen 5. Pokemon aren't the only indicator.
>>
>>25942330
What are we gonna call you, though? Newpokefags? They have equal power in defining generations, you fucking know this.
>>
>>25942302
like the azure flute never existed
>>
>>25942358
the azure flute doesn't equate to three moves, a whole event pokemon/form, the souvenir, and the pentagon slots which specifically imply two more gen 6 games.
>>
File: Gen4_leak.png (213 KB, 1000x417) Image search: [Google]
Gen4_leak.png
213 KB, 1000x417
>>25942178
Plz
>>
I stopped playing after XY, should I even bother with omega ruby since SM is coming out some time soon?
>>
>title of an official press release is "Newest Generation of Pokémon Core Series Games Coming to Nintendo 3DS Holiday 2016"
>lel it's not really a new generation though
delusional
>>
>>25942377
oh look, retards are already spamming these stupid images.

DP was delayed. And this doesn't change the fact that the past 8 years worth of games announced things either immediately or not long after announcement.
>>
>>25942362
They don't specifically imply two gen 6 games, that is just your assumption.
My assumption is that the pentagons were there as contingencies in case the development of SuMo was not progressing and they needed to release sequels or Z to fill the void. Likewise Floette and the moves could just be ported over.

My assumption is just as valid as yours in that neither of us has any evidence to back that up.
>>
>>25942341
Personally I go with compatibility, which is broken by new Pokemon or by mechanics changes.
>inb4 Rotom formes, ORAS megas
don't really count in my mind. Megas are in-battle formes, so with very minor restrictions, battle compatibility isn't broken. Same for Rotom forms - they simply have to be in the base form when battling or trading with DP. Trading is also hardly affected - you can still display the pokemon for trade, and as long as it isn't holding an ORAS mega stone or has PBlades/OPulse/DAscent, you can still trade fine. *If* they do something similar for SM in relation to XYORAS, or they patch the new mons in, then I would call it gen 6. I personally find that unlikely, and I think that if they are introducing pokemon with new dex numbers, they will not bother implementing partial compatibility. I could be wrong, but I also don't see the evidence for "gen 6.5" as being all that compelling.
>>
>>25942383
>They don't specifically imply two gen 6 games, that is just your assumption.

yes they do. the pentagon slots are for determining if a Pokemon is from gen 6. 2 and only 2 slots work with XY and ORAS. 1+1 = 2.

>Likewise Floette and the moves could just be ported over.
Of course they'll be ported over. Because they're still gen 6 games.
>>
>>25942404
The pentagons just imply that the devs were leaving open the possibility of up to 2 more games compatible with XY. That doesn't mean that they're guaranteed to use them; they might very well have put them because they had previously planned on making Z, or because they wanted to leave space in case corporate decided to delay gen 7 and add more games.
>>
>>25942378

>December
>soon
>>
>>25940711
Yep, we all agree now
>>
Even if Sun/Moon gets over a 100 Pokémon and has no trade/battle compatibility with XYORAS, you stupid delusional faggots will still find way to claim it as 6.5
>>
>>25942424

No we dont
>>
>>25942428

>i-it's 6.5 because its on the same system as XYORAS!!!!
>>
>>25942181
/thread
>>
>>25942382
How is it a stupid image? Its a completely factual timeline. You're stupid for thinking no reveal means its still gen 6 and then backing it up with literally nothing
>>
>>25942436
Yeah we do
>>
>>25942412
they never planned on making Z. Masuda flat out said so and the Strange Souvenir guy in XY shows that they already had plans for a new region game while XY was in development. Stop with this meme.

Pentagons are one thing. But pentagons along with a THREE moves and a souvenir is another. I had no reason to assume they would move onto gen 7 before SM was announced and I still have no reason to think that.

>>25942454
> Its a completely factual timeline
For Pokemon. But not for screenshots, gameplay, or literally any other kind of news.
>>
>>25942398
Compatibility is even judged by something else entirely; battle mechanics.
They can easily deviate from the pattern where new mons is equal to new generation.
They can't deviate the battle mechanics in the same way, because same gen compatibility would be permanently broken.
Doing the same thing as OR/AS did; just banning the new things from interacting with X/Y is an easy solution.
>>
>>25942479
A change in battle mechanics would only partially break compatibility - trading would be unaffected.
>>
>>25942516
Partially? Don't tell me that gen 5 can battle with gen 4, 2 with 1 and so on.
What do you even mean with "partially" in this case?
>>
>>25942302
What shit ton of unused data?! The only bits of unused data from Gen 6 are the two other signature moves of Zygarde and AZ's Floette having 3D models for battle and a signature move, that's four fucking things and you act like its hundreds of unused bits in the coding.
>>
>>25942575
>new pokemon doesn't mean a new generation, because they might not completely break compatibility
>new battle mechanics would completely break compatibility, so that's the only way to define a generation
So I say that new battle mechanics don't break all compatibility, because they don't rule out the possibility of two-way trading. Gen II could trade with Gen I even though they couldn't battle - they had one of the two multiplayer features that existed at the time. That's why I called it partial compatibility. You can claim that battle compatibility is the only compatibility that matters in defining a generation, but there's really no basis for that.
>>
>>25942362
You do realize the Souvenir will play a role in Sun and Moon right? The guy that gives it to you keeps talking about the region he and the Souvenir comes from and says we'll be seeing it soon enough, three years later and we have the announcement of Sun and Moon which feature a brand new region.
>>
>>25942378
You can beat any Pokemon game within a few days and we have 8 months until the release of Sun and Moon, you can go out and buy Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire and finish them in 2 days, go buy them you have nothing to lose anon.
>>
>>25942378
Nah, ORAS is a piece of shite
>>
>>25942676
ORAS is by far the best game in the series so far
>>
>>25940711
Sure man, whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>25942632
Or it could not, just like the old relic in bw
>>
>>25942382
Even if DP wasn't delayed, it'd have been a year
>>
File: 778.jpg (720 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
778.jpg
720 KB, 1920x1080
We can all agree its gen 7. They only showed big titles.
>>
>>25942284
The games were announced months before they revealed the names "Black and White".
>>
>>25942950
No matter what I kept reading "big titties"
>>
Kill yourself you fucking Gen6halfer faggot.
>>
>>25942713
That's an item used to sell for money, Old Souvenir is not. Isn't it a key item, anyway?
>>
File: 1460579961054.png (790 KB, 2592x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460579961054.png
790 KB, 2592x1080
>>25942160

It's not like XY was a constant flood of information either. They'll have a reveal next month and then something pretty much every month until the games come out
>>
Look, can't we just all agree that whether or not SM is Gen 7 or 6.5, there will be a part of the game where we will be going to Kalos to finish the story in that region? Does it really matter if its a new gen or not?
>>
>>25945281

You're delusional if you think GF would add a second region again. They only did in GS because Iwata did it for them.
>>
>>25940711
Man, I wish Zygarde would serve me doughnuts...
>>
Gen 6.5 fags are the type of people who don't dump their gfs after she fucked the BBC behind his back. He forgives her and thinks she won't do it again.
>>
>>25945281

I'm 100% sure you won't be able to go back to Kalos. Iwata is not around to help them
>>
>>25945293
>>25945382
Hey, a man can dream. Also just because Iwata, may he RIP, isn't around anymore, doesn't mean they'll totally throw that whole concept concept away.

Who doesn't want a second region? C'mon.
>>
>>25945430
They consumed almost an entire card with ONE region. My research tells me a 3DS card can have more memory than that, though.
>>
>>25940711
We all agree Sylveon is Flying type right?

They wouldn't go this long showing nothing if it were a new type because if it were a new type they'd actually have shit to show off.
>>
>>25942333
No one uses battle compatibility to determine a new generation. It's always the Pokedex - even the starters specifically.
>>
>>25945442
ORAS and XY are both just under 2 gigs. There's loads of games that are 4 gigs and I wouldn't be surprised if they could make even bigger carts than that. It's not 2005 anymore, storage isn't the problem.
>>
>>25945471
Yeah, if there's new starters and a new region, that's all it takes for me to consider it a new gen.
>>
New Pokemon = New Generation.

>but that's a pattern! Much graphics!
Nope. Every single game in the series had different sprites up to gen v. Colors were instituted in RBG even if your game boy couldn't use them.

>muh mechanics!
Yellow added following pokémon, a new mechanic. It was not a new generation.

>muh pentagon
Pokémon main game development cycles are roughly 2 years. This would mean Sun and Moon have been in development since XY launch or shortly thereafter. It's absolutely plausible that, since bank came out LATER, the data values were added to the pentagon so there wouldn't have to be a massive update for Sun and Moon. There will likely be an update regardless but it will be smaller.

>muh thousand waves and arrows!
Distribution Zygarde
>Muh zygarde formes!
How would this even work in game? Perfect Z, sure. But core and dog? What use would they serve if they're weaker than a baby pokémon?

>muh compatibility
This pattern was bucked in gen 2. GSC had the capacity to trade with the time machine. Plus, SM only compatibility with XYORAS is through bank. VC RBY pokémon can only be transported to SM through bank. The same is true for XYORAS mon.

So, the only pattern that holds up is new Pokemon = new generation.

>muh megas!
Not new Pokemon. A new Pokemon needs its own national dex number.

>gen is a fan term.
GF has used the term in advertising since GSC promo material. Iwata himself used it multiple times.

New Pokemon = New Generation.

Sun and moon = generation 7.
>>
>>25945516
I like your enthusiasm, but tl;dr
>>
>new title designs
>new pokemon that are actually new species and not forms.
>new region
>new pokecenter design
>people STILL in denial that this is a new gen.
>>
>>25942231
Retarded detected
>>
It would take more than just new Pokemon in order to call it a completely new Gen. For example, if the games ended up pulling off something like:

- expanding the Kalos region with the southern half of France and like 40+ new Kalos Pokemon that can only be found in the southern part of Kalos
- starting out with the Gen 6 starters again (no new starters)
- Zygarde plot with no new legendaries
- made the battle/trade compatibility between the new games and XY/ORAS the same way like they did with XY and ORAS (Pokemon with ORAS exclusive moves and Cosplay Pikachu can't be traded to XY)

there'd be no way that everyone would have called them Gen 7. The points mentioned above were also what Gen 6.5ers used to believe until Magearna and the Sun/Moon trailer were announced (because of the low amount of new Pokemon that were announced in XY and South Kalos being mentioned a bunch of times).

That said, considering that the backpacker NPC teased the new region and said that it's far away from Kalos, gave you a strange souvenir that resembles a new Pokemon + mentioned the champ of the league in his region, the whole 6.5 thing can't be the case anymore and that they had planned the whole Sun/Moon thing during XY development.

They had planned for Zygarde to be part of gen 7 (in some way) since the beginning. There are no patterns anymore and they've said that they want to surprise their fans from now on. People should stop sticking to the obvious and try thinking outside of the box for once. Did anyone see BW2 coming after BW? A complete sequel with a bunch of new towns within the same new region and 2 new gym leaders? No. Everyone and their mother expected something like Emerald/Platinum and for a complete Reshiram + Zekrom + Kyurem fusion to happen and we saw how that ended.
>>
>>25945452
>comparing gen 6.5 fags to flyingfags

As a former gen 6.5 fag I think that's a bit harsh. You have to at least admit you can understand where the gen 6.5 fags are coming from. Flyingfags are a mystery that baffles me to this day. They had literally no arguments and I'm still not entirely convinced they weren't trolling, no one can be THAT stupid.
>>
File: 1376778479365.png (59 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1376778479365.png
59 KB, 1000x1000
>>25940711
>>
File: 1460227768006.gif (2 MB, 320x243) Image search: [Google]
1460227768006.gif
2 MB, 320x243
>>25945578
>retarded detected
>>
>>25945516
"Plus, SM only compatibility with XYORAS is through bank."

Unless I missed something, this hasn't even been confirmed. The only thing we know is that RBY VC are only compatible with SM. But at the same time, I think that having new Pokemon in SM means that they won't be compatible with Gen 6.

Maybe this isn't a good reason as to why they wouldn't add a patch to Gen 6 games, but let's say you complete the Pokedex in Omega Ruby. Then they release a mandatory patch that adds in 100 new Pokemon. What about the complete dex then? I just don't think it'd make sense to do that. So while I believe that they aren't Gen 6 and won't be compatible with XYORAS, I wouldn't go around and say it's confirmed.
>>
>>25946027
"Pokemon obtained in the virtual console games, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y, Alpha Sapphire, and Omega Ruby will be only be transferable through Pokemon Bank..."

via IGN which cites Nintendo directly.
>>
It's gen 7 with a kalos after-game like gen 2
>>
I bet gf is putting off any reveals because the SM legendaries is just a "sun" and "moon" form of Zygarde or some shit like that.
>>
>>25945205

The games are meant to come out in less than half a year and we have nothing except logos.
It's weird.

Both B/W and X/Y had full reveals at the start of the year of their release.
>>
>>25946162
Why not quote it from the pokemon.com page directly?

"Once Pokémon Bank has been updated, you'll be able to use it to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way."

"Note that Pokémon cannot be moved directly from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank."

The only thing that's been confirmed is that you can move Pokemon from XY and ORAS to Sun/Moon via Pokebank and that you can't transfer the Pokemon from RBY directly to XY/ORAS via Bank. Note: "directly"

Not trying to defend 6.5 believers with this but we don't know much regarding the compatibility yet.
>>
>>25946220
>B/W and X/Y had full reveals at the start of the year of their release
>B/W had full reveals at the start of the year of their release
>B/W
>full reveal
>start of the year

u wot m8? The only way you could possibly make that argument for BW is if you:

>arbitrarily draw the line for "start of the year" between April and May
>pretend zygarde's forms won't be in SM and therefore don't count towards info on the games
>ignore the fact that SM will be released later in the year than BW, meaning we're further from release now than we were then

BW's first info was Zorua and Zoroark in February 2010. We got the titles and box legends in April, and the starters in May. For SM, we got new forms for Zygarde all the way back in September 2015, over a year before SM's release, and you're delusional if you think they're "anime only". Flash forward to February 2016 and we got Magearna, followed by the titles of the games, some concept art, and a glimpse of a WIP model of another Pokémon. That's FAR MORE info on the games FAR LONGER before the release than with B/W.

On top of all this, next month, not only has CoroCoro promised a huge reveal (which they always deliver on) but they said it's coming in the month of May, and not in their May issue, which means it's bigger than just CoroCoro. Sounds an awful lot like the "full reveal" you claim we had for BW around this time when nothing of the sort actually happened. I'd say it's all but guaranteed we're getting at least starters and gameplay in addition to the legendaries, and it could be even more than that.

The amount of info they've revealed so far is actually par for the course when you account for just how far away from release we actually are (which if you didn't have the math skills of a toddler you'd know is a bit more than "half a year"). XY's reveal spoiled us but it's not typical at all, this is perfectly normal.
>>
>>25945516
>>muh mechanics!
>Yellow added following pokémon, a new mechanic. It was not a new generation.
Battle mechanics you fucking meme.
Regular mechanics that don't interact between the games don't matter, you know. We'd be saying either "Yellow is gen 1.5 / 2" if there was confusion with this part, which you are fucking trying to create.
>>muh compatibility
>This pattern was bucked in gen 2. GSC had the capacity to trade with the time machine.
Yes, trading compatibility is not a good argument, but battling compatibility is mostly what matters. It can be partial, with certain mons/moves bans, just that they can goddamn battle with eachother. This has been solid throughout all generations.
Keywords: It can be partial, just that they can battle AT ALL
When I mention "bans on mons/moves" and such, this also includes things such as new megas/primals and whatnot was introduced in OR/AS, as it breaks compatibility because they didn't patch in these into X/Y. That's in Game Freak's financial interest to not do, as well.

How is the mechanics argument so difficult for people to understand? Are battle mechanics just so difficult to understand? We're like, 18+ aren't we?
>>
>>25942333
But a new batch of Pokémon has been confirmed. That ALONE disproves any theories that SM might be compatible with Gen VI.

Face it, there's literally nothing but your stubbornness indicating it might still be gen VI. That ship has sailed.
>>
>>25947089
See >>25946606
OR/AS Megas/Primals and Hoopa Unbound break battle compatibility.
They do, that's why they're banned from battling with X/Y. I know it may seem like a "pointless hassle" to ban like, 70 new mons, but that's something I could see them easily doing.
Don't go saying "BUT MEGAS/PRIMALS AREN'T NEW MONS". I know, they aren't new entries, however; They are new fucking FILES themselves in the ROM filesystem, which is also one of the reasons/excuses they would have to not patch X/Y with OR/AS stuff.
That and that they have a BCH model format "V2" going on in OR/AS. I only know that the trainer models use this, but obviously everything new in general could have it.

I have seen one guy say that "New mons = new mechanics" because "new mons = new abilities/moves" like it's guarranteed, but it's not. Regardless, obviously banned just as new OR/AS things were. OR/AS made an infraction on the whole mechanics thing, which is only because they didn't patch and they have legitimate reasons not to. They wanted people to jump on OR/AS and look what people did. Why not give that a go one more time?
>>
>>25947226
Yeah, a few new forms is totally the same as an entire batch of new Pokémon, dude.

>T-there'll only be 11 new Pokémon!
Just delusional.
>>
>>25949990
I didn't say there'll be only 11 new mons, I'm guessing around 70 new.
I already explained myself, anyway. Thanks for the useless bump.
>>
>>25940711
yes
>>
>>25940711
Shet to show off
>magianna
>red woodpecking hawaii-fag poop bird
>zygarde completefag , zygarde the dogfag, and zygarde cellfag wich we know wont be in SM
>11 total new pokemans
Gen 7 confirmed with new pokemans
Gen 7 confirmed when GF has already advertised it as a new generation of pokemon
>>
>>25940711
>wanting another game set in "totally not the Kanto region, we swear"
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.