[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw already beat ORAS for the first time >go to their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6
File: lazyasfuckmaison.jpg (34 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
lazyasfuckmaison.jpg
34 KB, 400x240
>tfw already beat ORAS for the first time
>go to their version of the Battle Frontier
>the Tower is literary a copy paste from X/Y with the fucking trainers looking like their X/Y sprites and all

What the flying fuck?! This has to be one of the laziest excuse for a battle tower. Why is GF such lazy bums?
>>
>>25935758
>Why is GF such lazy bums?
ORAS had a 1-year development cycle.

At least they played it for a gag.
>>
>>25935758
You're about to be assaulted by the GFIDF spamming "they're Ruby/Sapphire remakes! The Frontier was always shit, nothing but RNG!"

But I agree with you, ORAS was lazy as hell.
>>
>>25935770
There is even a fucking interview with Masuda and he uses the laziest excuse of saying muh casuals and "balance" when in fact they simply made a half-assed job with this.

I played the remake and while some things were cool for the most part it felt like an half-assed job for a quick buck.

I hope Sun/Moon is much better than this cause if they are still as lazy and "balanced" as ORAS then fuck it, I might drop playing this games for a while.
>>
BTW, Pokemon Emerald is still the definite Hoenn experience for the most part. Yes there isnt 700 pokemon or Mega Evolution. But the amount of features into the game and the story itself are simply better. ORAS felt like a rush job where they took X/Y and added Hoenn in.
>>
because ORAS was just meme game meant to sell on nostalgia and mega whoring. Bringing BF wasn't a priority since the knew the game would sell millions anyway.

MAYBE they'll bring it back in SM if the care enough.
>>
But they're the best competitive pandering so far.
I really don't understand your issue. It's better than the Battle Frontier by miles
>>
File: 6676.png (16 KB, 597x90) Image search: [Google]
6676.png
16 KB, 597x90
>>25935789
I think thats the reason why XY and ORAS are so bad. pic related. I hope S/M will beat the shit out of ORAS & XY.
>>
Why does everyone cry about the BF when everyone only played the Tower and Factory?
>>
>>25935854

The lack of info for a game that's supposed to come later this year is making me feel that they have nothing to show.

Who knows maybe S/M will be the B/W of the 3DS.
>>
They are Ruby/Sapphire remakes, dumbass
>>
>>25935871
>>25935849

>people actually like having less features in

So how much are you paid by GF?
>>
>>25935871
>when everyone only played the Tower and Factory

Just because you're shit doesn't mean you get to speak for everyone else.
>>
>It's another "This ruined the game and anyone who disagrees is the Masuda/ORAS/GameFreak/CoroCoro/Pokenchi Internet Defense Force boogeyman" episode

Seeing this shit happen was a genuine disappointment and I can kinda understand if you'really still mad but do we still need more of these shitty threads. This horse has been beaten to death more than Sandstorm Black Sludge Shedinja already.
>>
>>25935770
>tfw you are so fucking right

Do this people post from a script?
>>
>>25935884
Do you get paid when you shill for Gamefreak or are you doing it for free?
>>
>>25935902
>you'really
Fuck off autocorrect
>>
File: doesitforfree.jpg (54 KB, 508x512) Image search: [Google]
doesitforfree.jpg
54 KB, 508x512
>>25935912
>GFIDF
>getting paid

Take a guess.
>>
>>25935888
>>25935894

You clearly didn't browse Pokemon forums when Emerald came out. Almost everyone hated and complained about the other facilities and called them shitty gimmicks.
>>
>>25935807
>Yes there isnt 700 pokemon or Mega Evolution

The best part is there can be with ROMhacking.

https://youtu.be/Vjpvid9iz94
(Jokingly fake Megas aside the code actually works. We've also known how to expand the Dex in Gen 3 for a while.)
>>
>>25935758
As someone who was around when Emerald came out I am beyond pissed.
>>
>>25935902
You have to realize that the people who posts these threads feel entitled to spread their opinion as true fact and like to drag down others in their misery. They literally can't understand that others have differing opinions because the idea of someone liking something you don't is madness to them.
>>
>>25935758
battle facility stuff is only ever in the third versions or sequels in the case of BW
The reason hgss had them was because they came after platinum so they could just copy paste it.
>>
>>25935951
Is there an Emerald hack that has all Pokemon + Mega Evolution?

If someone did that, he would be my hero.
>>
If they had put in the Battle Tower instead of the Maison would people be less mad?
>>
>>25935984
Not yet. There are a couple Emerald hacks that have used Megaevolution but none of them are vanilla and the ones I have seen are shit, though there are a couple good FireRed hacks with Megas like Gaia.
>>
>>25935991
Still be less than what Emerald did but at least it wouldn't be a lazy half assed job. The Battle Maison breaks from the aesthetics of Hoenn and looks really out of place.
>>
>>25935991
Still mad. The maison is a reskinned Tower itself and it gets old very quickly.
>>
>>25935991
I'd be happy. The Battle Tower was what I did all the time in my old Ruby.
>>
>>25936008
fug Somebody needs to get working on it. Cause man that would be one hellacious game.
>>
>>25935991
If they did that and not have that tease I'm sure people would feel better.

I wonder if they learned from the Japanese backlash. I don't even hate the games but you can tell Gamefreak didn't want to remake Hoenn one bit.
>>
>>25936030
>I wonder if they learned from the Japanese backlash.

What backlash?
>>
>>25936030
>Japanese backlash
could you tell me more about this?
>>
File: 1435607201064.png (153 KB, 1579x850) Image search: [Google]
1435607201064.png
153 KB, 1579x850
>>25935888
>less features
Educate yourself please.
>>
>>25936046
>>25936051
Japan was furious about no Battle Frontier, Masuda was taking questions on a Nicovideo stream and he had to get out of there after the flood of Frontierfags.

Well, that and the angry Flygon fags.
>>
>>25936071
>Japan loves the Battle Frontier
>Japan hates Zinnia

For all the shit taste Japan usually has it's nice to see us united for once.
>>
File: 1460370970679.jpg (25 KB, 525x297) Image search: [Google]
1460370970679.jpg
25 KB, 525x297
>>25936071
Please tell me this is true
>>
>>25936087
>>25936071

>tfw I thought I was the only one who hated Zinnia cause she felt like an OC Do not steal
>>
>>25936071
sauce? I'd love to see this.
>>
>>25936071
Damn knowing how Japs are usually reserved and shit this must mean that Japs are extremely mad at GF.
>>
>>25936087
I didn't even have nearly as much of a problem with ORAS as most of you guys have, but I'm glad there was some backlash outside of the shitty threads here. The game showed some bad signs here and there and I honestly feel like they're trying to listen more lately.

>Released the Eon Ticket PROPERLY for a weekend
>HA Johto Starters and Unova Starters for real, which fans have asked for for years
>The little quiz they have for the mythick wallpaper, as unnecessary as it is, was kind of cute and had good questions revolving around all the gens and trivia that though loose fans could get, would stump genwunner shitters
I'd like to believe they listen, but personal bias from my bro not getting a Mega in ORAS makes it kind of hard to until we see some actual gameplay.
>>
>>25935854

Ehm guy XY had 3 and a half year of development. That's more than 3 years and more than every other gen.

Also they copy&pasted EVERYTIME the battle facility of the previous game for the remakes. HG&SS BF also had the textures and trainers from Platinum? Lazy as fuck or what?
>>
>>25936137
>>HA Johto Starters and Unova Starters for real, which fans have asked for for years

O-Oh, I missed those?

Oh.
>>
>>25936147
The reason people are okay with HGSS' Frontier and not ORAS' is because Crystal had one facility which was made five in the remakes due to the copypaste, which was a step up. Emerald had seven facilities which were made one in the remakes due to the copypaste, which was a step down. Copypasting is fine when it adds to the game, nobody would have complained if BW copypasted the following Pokémon from HGSS reusing the same sprites, or if they copypasted customization from XY to ORAS just putting the exact same clothes on Brendan and May with only the defaults being changed.
>>
>>25935769

>le ORAS came out 1 year after x and y so that means they only had it in development for a year meme

Kill yourself. You clearly don't know anything about video game development if you think that
>>
>>25936200
There was an interview in the ORAS strategy guide saying they only had one year of development, anon.
>>
>>25936207
See:
>>25936207

I'm not looking at the release windows. I'm talking about development cycles.
>>
>>25936200
Not him, I don't hate the games either but it is literally fact that they rushed this game out. They even said so. You've gotta accept that even if you don't think they're shit that they'really pretty flawed.
>>
>>25936213
Fuck, quoted the wrong fuck, but you know who I meant anon

>>25936200
>>
>>25936104
>hate Zinnia the moment she shows up and all throughout Delta Ep.
>bring it up with friends
>friends are enamored with her, praising her as an amazing character
>One of them is cosplaying her

I don't think I've ever seen such a polarizing human character in Pokemon before or since
>>
>>25936178
Remakes are by vary definition a bit of a copy paste. But GF went above and beyond with their lazyness. People really just wanted Emerald on a modern engine. Instead they did a clusterfuck of a remake adding shit nobody wanted and removing shit people liked.
>>
>>25936271

Are your friends by any chance special snowflakes, SJW, or any of their ilk?
>>
>tfw ORAS wasn't remade during Gen V
>tfw Hoenn will never redeem itself ever again
>>
GF better step it up with S/M cause I heard ORAS got beat by the up and comer Yokai Watch.

If Yokai Watch is ever brought to the west then GF will be on suicide watch.
>>
>>25935951
>Foe Clefable has Mega Evolved into Mega Fearow
kek
>>
>>25936357
It was brought to the west and it flopped.
>>
>>25936357
Bro, that game is already released on the west. But it's too Japanese to be popular here.
>>
>>25936334
Nope, all oppressive white heteros with no social justice tendencies.
I guess they're mostly into varying degrees of mild BDSM but I wouldn't call it snowflake territory.
>>
>>25936357
too Japanese design for it to appeal in the west.
also Yokai Watch have worse gameplay.
>>
>>25936374
>>25936373
>>25936382
Okay so I never played this Yokai Watch thing. I just read it's selling like crazy in Jap land.

Can someone give me the gist of it?
>>
>>25936356
Don't worry, anon, maybe one day we'll see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf2EZIhu-pA
>>
>>25936416
>Can someone give me the gist of it?

Yokai are captured using foodstuffs, it seems more luck based than skill based.

Boss battles serve as the setpieces of the game, and are the source of its challenge. There's a difficulty spike towards the end.

The third game (iirc) takes place in America land.
>>
File: 1445267382758.png (2 MB, 1362x1490) Image search: [Google]
1445267382758.png
2 MB, 1362x1490
>>25936416
It's a Pokémon competitor but the monsters battle on their own and the designs are fucking ugly.
>>
>>25936541
Damn, they look REALLY Jap as fuck. Shit like this wont ever be popular in the West. I thought it was some serious competitor to Pokemon.

>>25936526
So there's no multiplayer competitive aspect?
>>
>>25936579
Copied from leddit. I don't actually have the game, I just bitch about it online.

"Multiplayer in YW has different rules. Makes you focus more on finding out who is the weaker yo-kai in the enemy's team and focusing on it. Which requires you to level-up your yo-kais and the moves the AI use. No spamming of the Soultimate either as it starts with the meter empty and it goes filling as your yo-kai successfully hit enemies. It's really difficult to explain specially if you are taking the side-quest type of battle you saw in the demo in consideration."
>>
>>25936579
>they look REALLY Jap as fuck

But kids still love it. I've seen a few scamps with the watch on, one of them was doing all sorts of role calls, and I regularly see kids getting the stuffed animals with their parents.
>>
>>25936765
Jap kids you mean?

I don't think western kids would like those designs.
>>
>>25936862
Western kids, meng. Was in Toys R Us a few weeks ago and one kid was having his mom read off all of the names. Her pronunciations were fucking cringeworthy.
>>
>>25936379
>nope
considering one is cosplaying as her, I'd say they are landwhales SJW snowflake tumblrinas
>>
>>25936416
Basically you do the same 3 minigames over and over again while the yokai battle on their own
>>
>>25936541
jap culture is so fucking weird

Like what is up with the trope of the streaking man running violently with a thong on?
>>
This video basically says it all right here of why the series seems so much easier and handholdy in recent years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mMG096UqE0&app=desktop
>>
>>25937210
>it's a girl talking video

I ain't watching that. Girls are only good for sucking dick.
>>
>>25935871
>not enjoying the battle hall and arcade
are you a gay?
the only one that really sucked was the castle
>>
>>25935884
heartgold and soulsilver were remakes of gold and silver, yet they included features from crystal.
whats the point you're trying to make?
>>
>>25935871

That's not the truth, at all.
>>
>>25937229
Just watch the video without making a sexist comment, it has good points about where the future of this series needs to go.
>>
>>25937229
>Girls are only good for sucking dick.
Not even gay, but guys are actually better at that. Has something to do with them having more experience since they have their own or something like that, not like there's a difference between male/female lips anyways. So it's not really gay.
>>
>>25937263
they also had new routes and all that jazz
>>
>>25937272

Give me the gist of it sweetheart. I know it's you so don't pretend.

>>25937289
I heard that as well, but I don't feel attracted to dudes so having one blow you off would be creepy as fuck.
>>
>>25936317
>People really just wanted Emerald on a modern engine.
Let's be honest here, that was never going to happen because Emerald doesn't allow the dual game gimmick RS had to begin with.

There was also no precedent for including third game content either since only HGSS did it because of the lack of content in the original games and even then there was missing and altered content.
>>
>>25937289
Guys are apparently better at giving oral because we know what we like from a blowjob due to receiving them from women. So if you were to give or receive a blowjob to/from a guy you know what you like and can enjoy the experience more.
>>
>>25937272
Maybe I'll check it out but VP has a huge hateboner for Tamashii
>>
>>25937305
>Give me the gist of it sweetheart. I know it's you so don't pretend.
She makes points about the fact Gen 6 felt soulless compared to previous games in the series, Gen 6 felt easy and handholdy because children these days are easily distracted, they can be interested in one thing but then immediately be drawn to something else. That's basically the gist of the video.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.