[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Too much of a fighting game for most Pokemon fans >Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1280x720
>Too much of a fighting game for most Pokemon fans
>Not enough of a fighting game for fighting game fans
>Not enough playable Pokemon for Pokemon fans
>At least it's fun to play
>Already dead anyway

Why did it have to be this way?
>>
>>25934163
Its the game no one asked for that had a pandering roster

Nobody asked for Conquest but that was at least interesting
>>
>>25934163
It came out on the Pii U. Also no Heracross.
>>
>>25934163
The problem with it is that it litteraly has 0 content if we take out battling
>>
>the game now gets regular (free) updates
>these updates continually expand the roster to include most final evos and some more popular pre-vos

does this save the game?
>>
>>25934163
Nintendo and Gamefreak betrayed us, that's why.
>>
>>25934163

https://youtu.be/n4esw5BEqfs
>>
>>25934163
>expecting anything on the Wii U to be alive
>>
>>25934194
yes but no cause won't happen
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 1136x640
>>25934187
>Fighting game
>Take out what game is about, fighting
>"What the hell, there's nothing here!"
>>
File: zzz.gif (80 KB, 268x151) Image search: [Google]
zzz.gif
80 KB, 268x151
>>25934163

>Pokken Global sales on WiiU: 0.59 million

>Street Fighter V global Sales on PS4 and PC: 0.65 million

> Barely one month old fighting game on a console that has sold only 13 million units sells nearly as much copies as the newest version of one of the most popular fighting game series of all time that was released on a console that sold 40 million units as well as is on PC and has been out for twice as long.

> Wii U owners are 3 to 4 times as likely to own Pokken than PS4 owners are likely to own SF5

> Claims Pokken is dead
>>
>>25934163
The main problem is that it came out on a (dead) console when the vast majority of Pokemon fanbase (the target audiance of this game) sits almost exclusively on handhelds.

If Pokken 2 comes out on NX, and the latter turns out to be a handheld/console hybrid that'll see a mainline Pokemon release, then it'll have more of a chance to catch on.
>>
>>25934163
Controls are shit. Mechanics are silly. Polished and pretty but the gameplay gets dull
>>
>>25934784
SFV was assblasted for a lot of good reasons, and is currently the lowest rated Street Fighter.
>>
>>25934163
SHIT ROSTER
H
I
T

R
O
S
T
E
R
>>
>>25934784
Capcom is definitely playing a long game here though, with free updates drawing in more and more players over time. The attendance at EVO is also record high despite the barebones state the game was released in.

Pokken is already pretty much done with confirmed no roster updates and middling interest from the fighting game community.
>>
>>25934174
>It's the game no one asked for
Fuck you. I've wanted a Pokémon fighting game for a long time. Let me guess. You would have rather had a Stadium or Snap sequel.
>>
>>25935113
The roster is not shit just because they didn't include your favorite obscure shitmon. Why do people keep saying this?
>>
Is the wii u even sellimg well? I barely see adds for it either.

Plus pokken doesnt even sound like a pokemon game
>>
The thing I find funny about Pokken is that Sceptile got in.
The only reason he got in is because there were so many people who wanted him in Smash. But the only reason people wanted him in Smash is because of "muh fre/water/grass starter" autism.

Literally nobody actually wanted him in the game because they wanted to play as Sceptile.
>>
>>25935279
This line of thinking is exactly why the game died.

Pokemon games sell extremely well because they let you play with that obscure shitmon only you like no matter how unpopular/unliked you think it is.
>>
>>25935256

>Not wanting a Snap sequel
>>
>>25935279
>Charizard
>Lucario
>two Mewtwo
>two Pikachu
>only 3 natural fighting types in a fighting game
>more fire types than fighting types
>not a shitty roster
>>
>>25935332
No. Pokémon games sell extremely well when they're put on consoles that have high install bases. If Pokken was released back on the Wii, it would have sold millions.
>>
I gotta know, is togekiss, glalie or empoleon in the game?

>>25935279
Next pokemon game should only have legendaries, starters and lucario
>>
>>25934163
Pokken is fun, but it's super repetitive (obviously).
>>
>>25935279
Because out of 700+ they used like twenty, fuck off
>>
>>25935361
Not really, but it's cute that you actually think that.
>>
>>25935357
>>Charizard
Gee. It's as if he's the most popular Pokémon of all time.
>>Lucario
>>only 3 natural fighting types in a fighting game
I love how you make this point about there not being enough fighting types after criticizing Lucario, a fighting type, being in the game. Also, you act like fighting type Pokémon are the only ones capable of fighting. Any Pokémon can fight.
>>two Mewtwo
Every Tekken game has an evil dark character as the main boss. Shadow Mewtwo was the perfect fit for Pokken's obligatory boss character.
>>two Pikachu
Okay. Fair enough. Hawlucha should have been in instead of R. Pika. We only got two Pikachu because Harada is heavily biased towards it.
>more fire types than fighting types
Gee. It's like Fire is one of the most popular types in Pokémon. And so what if they're all Fire types? None of them play similarly.

Honestly. People bitch and moan about Pokken's roster too much. It could have been way worse.
>>
>>25935363
Togekiss is a support, others aren't represented in the game.
>>
>>25935423
>Every Tekken game has an evil dark character
Me and my friends call him "Devil Gene Mewtwo"
>>
>>25935391
This is the very first time there's been a Pokémon fighting game. Just because there are hundreds of different Pokémon that already exist, doesn't mean it's easy to create brand new models of them from scratch and make several unique animations and voice acting for each.
>>
>>25935363
>Next pokemon game should only have legendaries, starters and lucario
And what exactly would be wrong with that?
>>
>>25935423
Pokemon's perceived popularity is literally only relevant to the marketers. Do you think someone who doesn't happen to like Pikachu is going to care that it's Harada's Lightning? No, he just flat out won't buy the game.
>>
>>25935451
What exactly would NOT be wrong with that?
>>
>>25935361
Are you fucking dense
Release all your 'mons at once you obviously dont know that power thats inside
>>
Reminder that most early fighting games usually have less then twenty characters (Smash started with 12, guys.)
>>
>>25935247

>Pokken is already pretty much done with confirmed no roster updates

Yeah, sure, with the massive success the Mario Kart and Smash Bros DLC was, I fully believe there will be no roster updates in a game where you can clearly see blank spaces in the roster and the arcade version got updates since it's release.

FYI, Nintendo is really shitty at lying.
>>
>>25935357

> Types types types types types!

> Complaining about types in a game where they don't matter.
>>
Exactly why do fighting game fans not like it?
>>
>>25936594
Muh combos
>>
>>25936594
Because Pokkén doesn't have arbitrary execution barriers and unnecessarily complex combo inputs.
>>
>>25936594
different phases.According to FGC autists,true 3D fighters aere the ones that are pretty much just 2D fighters with a sidestep. Anything with actual 3D movement is an arena fighter or party game
>>
>>25936594
because it got a name pokemon in it, so it must be some casual shit. Just like how /vp/ thinks the game sucks because the roster sucks
>>
I really like Pokken; it's very polished, pretty unique and actually feels like one of the most balanced games in decades.

It has its problems though: story mode is babby as fuck; avatar customization, whilst fun and extensive, fails to offer multiple body types or really much at all - somehow failing to even offer Team Rocket uniforms or really anything related to Pokemon; but the biggest problem is that the roster really is frankly too small. It's still a good game and yes you can have a fighting game without "muh patterns" but there are too many characters that play similarly when there are plenty of other Pokemon with entire types not represented who would have completely unique playstyles.
>>
>>25936547
I'm sorry brother but Types in Pokemon are as important as Stamina in Dark Souls.

i.e. that mechanic defines about 50% of the game.
>>
>>25936675
>" but there are too many characters that play similarly
Which?

>>25936694
They dont in pokken
>>
>>25936366
reminder if this was just a 3DS game they could've had far more characters due to not needing to spend so much time on making assets

reminder that HD development was a mistake
>>
>>25934163

Tried the demo and liked it. Didn't think I would because I don't like traditional fighting games. But the roster is way too small for a game released in the year twenty sixteen.
>>
>>25936734
this was an arcade game. Hope your nintendo can one day up thier hardware capabilities
>>
> Pokemon fighing game
> Practically all Pokemon are bipedals

Why? If Pokemon can have something that another fighting games cannot are fighters with unusual anatomies.
I didn't bought that game for this reason.
>>
>>25937087
>Chandelure
>Suicune

Have you even seen gameplay vids?
>>
>>25936594
There are SOME FGC people who dislike it, but it's not a widespread thing. It's just a new IP which almost always has a hard time getting off the ground, so people are just exaggerating some of the distaste for it to shitpost.

The only real criticism it's gotten is the lack of mixups due to no High-Mid-Low, but it's not that huge of a deal.
>>
>>25936747
Fighting games always start with small character numbers.
SFV did it too
>>
>>25934163

anyone rip the models yet?
>>
>>25935279
>anything that didn't get in is an obscure shitmon

so Greninja is an obsecure shtimon too? fuck off with this meme, retard.
>>
>>25936734
>reminder that HD development was a mistake
>vp complains about shit quality in games
>also complains about high quality effort
>>
>>25935279
> "No hating roster, my favourite Pokemon is in it"

Get out. The roster is an absolute shit because it is full of normies, boring fanservice and unnecessary repeated species.
>>
>each Pokemon has a bonus effect just for being in high or low stance
>game never mentions it in the tutorial
>>
>>25937282
>he wants greninja in another spinoff fighting game
>>
>>25937367
pokken has one of the better fighting game tutorial already. Most wouldn't even care to tell you using CADC to go through projectiles.
>>
>>25937461

there's plenty of other Pokemon I'd want in before Greninja. I was just using it as an example.
>>
>>25937600
yeah, people like you is why good spinoffs like this die
>>
>>25936722

Considering it's a 1 on 1 fighter, type matchups would make the game completely broken, certain characters would have a massive advantage over others.

How would Lucario, Gardevoir, or Machamp fight against Gengar if types mattered? Suicune would also have a huge advantage over a third of the entire roster.

>>25936734

Yeah, I don't see a game like this running well on a 3DS. Even if it did your opponent would be hard to see in the field phase on that tiny screen.

By the way, I am about to tell you a little mind-blowing secret...... there is NO SUCH THING as "HD Development". There is no extra code, or magic switch, or anything to make a game "HD" nor do "HD" games get developed differently, the textures can just be higher resolution, that's it. And we still had textures being higher and higher resolution back when consoles were SD. PC games never even had a "HD phase", since you just choose a resolution to render at for most of them. All HD means is "Its at least 1280 x 720 or higher resolution", there isn't anything involved in addition to making a game HD instead of SD.

>>25937321
>The roster is an absolute shit because it is full of normies

There is not a single normal type in the roster.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.