[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sylveon revealed >type withheld for 4 months >people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2
File: chloe.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>Sylveon revealed
>type withheld for 4 months
>people speculate on it being an already existing type, if that was the case, hiding it would be pointless
>Gamefreak didn't want to blow their load straight away

>Sun/Moon revealed
>setting/visuals/Pokemon withheld for 2 going on 3 months
>people speculate on it being an already existing setting ("gen 6.5")
>they don't realise it's Sylveon all over again
>>
"SIX POINT FIVE" really is the "SYLVEON IS FLYING TYPE" of this hype season.
>>
>>25933774
You'd have a point if they didn't hide types before.
And they've hidden the type of Magearna, and look at that Mecha type
>>
>>25933793
>missing the point
>>
>>25933802
I'm not. Whether it's 6.5 or 7 is literally irrelevant. It's arguing semantics. Unlike a typing.
>>
>>25933774

Then again I don't see why they would need to hide the boxart if it's simply just new pokemon...maybe it's something that we won't expect?
>>
6.5 fags make me chuckle
>>
>>25933807
Maybe it's so people get hyped for the reveal and buy their magazine?
>>
>>25933793

Corocoro hyped uped Sylveon's type with stuff like "WOAH WHAT TYPE COULD IT BE...?" They didn't with Magearna and revealed it in the following issue.
>>
They can't possibly have that much innovation, it is still on the 3DS after all. No amount of playing around with camera angles is going to save you this time unless you flipping stopped being overhead and put more effort into the overworld.
>>
>>25933774
It doesn't matter.

We know there are completely new pokemon.

New Pokemon = New Generation.

Gen 6 is over. 6.5fags are just shitposting at this point.
>>
these are not the same thing at all, there are actually facts indicating Kalos isn't completely done with yet
>>
>>25933847
btw, if this is true, then for the love of all that is holy, stop making internals separate.
>>
>>25933854
>implying
>>
>>25933854
>New Pokemon = New Generation
So ORAS was gen 7? I guess it's 8 now.

>muh "megas aren't new Pokemon"
They are to Gamefreak.

Face it, times are changing, and no amount of shitflinging over a semantic argument that means literally nothing will have any bearing on what we get.

The gen does not fucking matter.
>>
>>25933870
I only know of them calling D/P a new generation. Did they call ANY of the other main games a new generation?
>>
>>25933870
But you are so fucking wrong.

Do megas get a new Dex number?
Answer: No.

No new dex number = new forme.
New forme ≠ new pokemon

Fuck off. Here is your (you) and thanks for proving my point about 6fags being shitposters.

>>25933879
Iwata called XY a new generation in the XY direct.
>>
>>25933885
Any others, then? Anyone?
>>
>>25933879
Some of the Gold/Silver promo materials called it a "New Generation" to hype it up, and a lot of third parties said the same thing of gen 3, but I don't remember anything official saying it. It's always been a marketing word that doesn't really limit them in their thinking.

Honestly, it originally refered more to the system than the games or region, which puts us in gen 5 still.
>>
>>25933870

What brand new Pokemon did ORAS have?
>>
>>25933892
Yup.

Generation was used on pokemon's official website when BW came out.

Already went over Gen IV.

TV commercial for RS used the term too. Nintendo's own magazine used it too.

And promos for Gold and Silver.

Generation is not a fan term. You have your sources now, go look them up so see how wrong you are.
>>
>>25933913

Even it it was a fan term, it wouldn't matter because "shiny" started out as a fan term too and GF made it canon.
>>
>>25933929
That has nothing to do with the current debate.
Stop deflecting just because you know there is no way to win the argument.
>>
>>25933885
>>25933907
>"They only count as new Pokemon if they fit my personal definition of what 'new' and 'Pokemon' mean"

My point is that it's semantics, god dammit. I'm not even a 6/.5 fag. I'm saying there's no reason to even bother arguing over it because everyone is just going to move goalposts. Like you just did. Like I just did. See how this won't go anywhere?
>>
>>25933939
>personal definition
Fucking aye, it's the goddamn truth.

If something doesn't have it's own national dex number it's not a new pokemon.
>>
>>25933939

Forms still aren't new Pokemon, sorry. Unless you think the whole Unown alphabet is 28 separate Pokemon.
>>
>>25933885
there is however no written law that new pokemon means new generation, it's a pattern, but so many patterns have been broken this gen that's crazy to assume everything is going to be the same
>>
>>25933793
They didn't "hide" Magearna's type, they just didn't reveal it immediately. They've done this a billion times with a billion Pokémon. Typing isn't their main focus when revealing new Pokémon.
>>
>>25933964

You have to be delusional if you think GF would make a new generation without new Pokemon, which is the main selling point,
>>
>>25933964
>thinly veiled m-muh mechanics/graphics/pentagon post

try harder. new pokemon isnt a pattern it's the indicator. Stop shitposting before you embarrass yourself.
>>
>>25933974
that's not what I said at all, the point is the idea of a "generation" can be changed or even dropped at any time
>>
>Watching people still discuss 6.5 vs. 7
>Literally the only arguments left on the autists' side is "forms are new Pokémon too!!1!", "muh mechanics" and other made up shit that doesn't even apply to older generations
When do you fucking faggots learn to realize when you're wrong.
>>
>>25933995
Which is nothing but an assumption of a possibility, and therefore not something that's viable to this discussion.
>>
>>25933994
>indicator
an indicator of a pattern that can be changed

if you want to talk about indicators, there is so much stuff left in gen 6 that indicates kalos isn't done yet
>>
>>25934009
they never will because all they do is move their goalpost.

6.5 fags are spoiled kids who don't know how to react when they are told something that they don't like. It's a life lesson my niece is learning now. She's 5.
>>
>>25933879
they called ORAS a new generation I think
>>
>>25934019
>if you want to talk about indicators, there is so much stuff left in gen 6 that indicates kalos isn't done yet
Which can still happen in Gen 7.
>>
>>25934019
Where was Arceus' game?
Crescelia?
Darkrai?
Shaymin?

I guess we should wait for that content before moving on to gen v.... wait.

SO not only are you a 6.5 fag, but youre a Zycuck as well. Seriously, you have no idea how dumb you look.

>>25934024
you think wrong. they never did.
>>
>>25933885
they always advertised megas as "new mons" for some odd reason
>>
>>25934024
They did not. They called Hoenn a "brand new world to explore", which in a meta context is still 100% true.
>>
>>25934018
>Which is nothing but an assumption of a possibility
we are talking about an unreleased game with next to no information and lots of weird shit going on, every point of discussion is assuming and speculating in the first place
>>
>>25934029
They advertise every new form as a new 'mon. That's how you make the fans interested in them during hype season.
>>
>>25934028
what the fuck have mythicals (and Cresselia, what?) got to do with anything you retard?
>>
>>25934043
>there is so much stuff left in gen 6 that indicates kalos isnt done yet.

replace jalos with Sinnoh, fuckhead.
>>
>>25934033
>every point of discussion is assuming and speculating in the first place
Then why is literally ANYONE discussing this if even the most "solid" arguments aren't viable?

Nvm, I'll answer it myself. because everyone is a faggot.
>>
>>25933774
Except it's the other way around this time
Sylveon being an already existing type is what was expected, just like SM being Gen 7

But introducing a new type like and introducing new mons within a gen, now that's unexcpected
>>
>>25934047
Sinnoh had nothing unreleased except for the Azure Flute, and Arceus still eventually got multiple events in that generation
>>
Oh, I thought you were saying the reason they haven't shown us anything yet is because even how the game looks is so revolutionary that it deserves an entire feature just for it.
>>
>>25934009
>>25934021
When was the goalpost moved exactly?
The 6.5 debate started after the direct.
Most people decided it was Gen 7 because of new pokemon, while other argued that it was still Gen 6 but with a few new pokemon added (aka 6.5)
I dont think anything proving one of these true or false happened lately
>>
>>25934051
speculating is fun, it's just absurd to me that people are completely dismissing the idea of Kalos being unrelated to the games
>>
>>25933939
It's nobody's personal opinion, it's factual. Pokemon are only Pokemon of they have their own Dex number.
There wasn't a pattern established before for the introduction of Megas, but Pokemon have always been what differentiates new gens.
At this point, where a new batch of Pokémon has been confirmed, all 6.5ers do is delude themselves into thinking it will be battle-compatible with Gen VI, no matter how awkward, clonky and barely functional it would be to have 50+ new Pokémon that you would not be able to use in inter-game battles.
>>
I have a better question: why can't you accept that gen 6 has only 70-something pokemon?
>>
>>25934164
And gen 7 has "a little more than 10"?
Nah, it's rather think that Gen 6 is XY/ORAS/SM and has around 90 pokemon
>>
>>25934196
STOP TOUTING A JOKE AS IF IT'S THE LITERAL TRUTH YOU FUCKMONGERS!
>>
>>25934202
Was there any evidence that it was a joke, beside it not fitting your agenda
Masuda didnt even smile while saying that
>>
>>25934318
What is more likely - that they only made 10(ish) pokemon (and Masuda was being completely truthful, which he clearly was for ALL the answers he gave, kek) or that he was joking so he didn't have to commit to a number ahead of time?

After all, has Gamefreak ever told us the exact number of Pokemon in a game? Hell, even when they give a number (like gen 1 with 150), they are still giving us the run around because they have hidden mons they are saving for later. Thinking Masuda would give anything but a joke answer almost 9 months before launch is fucking retarded.
>>
>>25934318
Everything that talked about it said he said it jokingly.
>>
>>25934345
I don't even know what the Q and A actually was other than that.
>>
>>25933774
> >Gamefreak didn't want to blow their load straight away

Last time we got game footage and, starters straight away, followed shortly by the box legends and then Sylveon, and THEN the drought

This time we have nothing
>>
>>25934368
Magearna is nothing? Something that isn't even in the coding for ANY game right now?
>>
>>25934375
Don't forget the Zygarde forms. Anyone who thinks they're not going to be in the game just because it isn't Z is delusional.
>>
>>25934345
The most likely is that he was half joking and half telling the truth, and SM have 30 new pokemon
>>
File: sadfug.png (681 KB, 482x644) Image search: [Google]
sadfug.png
681 KB, 482x644
>>25933792
"Sylveon is flying type" drained me of happiness
>>
>>25934387
Literally no-one has said that, ever. When people say "anime exclusive" they mean in the sense that the gen 6 story will wrap up and Zygarde won't have been distributed. That means it will be in gen 7, but probably as a side story deal like Rotom forms in Plat etc.

Everyone with a brain knows Zygarde forms will eventually land.
>>
>>25933793
They hid zekroms electric typing for a while
>>
>>25933847
>it is still on the 3DS after all
You'd be surprised taking another game into this people agree that Project X Zone isn't good but 2 is great. Both are on the same system but one is superior.

Of course this is GF we're talking about.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.