[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do to make a Pokemon anime worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 14
File: zyi1vjihakl2vd2fswx5.jpg (56 KB, 636x349) Image search: [Google]
zyi1vjihakl2vd2fswx5.jpg
56 KB, 636x349
Hardmode: Ash has to stay.
>>
>>25926577
Wins the League
Kuudere fem protag
Keep his current competance while bringing back a bit of his OS personality
Cameos from across series history
>>
more hype battles
less waifu and ship shit
>>
>>25926577
Worth watching for who?
>>
>>25926577
coma theory was right, he wakes up and is actually not an idiot.
>>
>>25926577
Nothing, it's awful kiddie shit without any depth at all, I have no idea how could anybody older than 16 bother with it.
>>
Porygon is given an entire episode featuring it's evolutions as an apology for the last 18 years of injustice.
>>
Make Ash a better trainer who DOES NOT reset after every gen
Start the clock again and make Ash grow up already
>>
>>25926577
1) Ash is allowed to be a little snarky, not so much that he's an ass, but enough that he isn't some sterile character
2) let keep his competence/don't make Pikachu's power level flux, let the rodent be an OP motherfucker
3) let Ash win a league, the kid deserves it by now
>>
>>25926657
You're talking about both the anime and games right? If not:
>Pokemon games are deep.
Keep telling yourself that my autistic friend.
>>
get fucking ghibli to do it
>>
File: srJ2oxV1[1].jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
srJ2oxV1[1].jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>25926608
>MFW kuudere pokegirl!
>>
I'm trying to figure out what they could make the next regional girl do but there's very little. I'm sick and tired of contests/whatever the fuck Serena does but Iris and Misty were annoying in their own right and never did anything.

She can't do gyms unless they balance watching two gym battles, so there's got to be something else.
>>
>>25926848
>yfw Orre
>>
>>25926577
Ash going solo
Less Team Rocket
battling some decent trainers (another Paul to put him in his place)
capturing more than 5 pokemon for a change
evolving some pokemon that needs to get beefy
>>
>>25926577
Normal mode: Make the show about literally anyone else, I would watch a show about Zinnia if it meant Ash would go.

Hard mode: Ash wins the League and becomes the new Brock with a tagalong mentorship role, new main character based on Sun&Moon progatonist. Ash still catches Pokémon and has some goals of his own but the main focus is the S&M protag trying to beat the League themselves.
>>
>>25926657
>he plays the pokemon games and say this

Autistic elitist manchild everybody
>>
ITT: no one realizes the franchise and the anime are not for them
>>
>>25926612
>most hype battles in the series
>covering your eyes and ignores it
>>
>>25926657
>being this elitist
smfh
>>
File: 1457617471205.webm (1 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1457617471205.webm
1 MB, 852x480
>>25926862
>Less Team Rocket
TR is fine if they have their own episodes, but if they appear as the daily bad villain, the episode is likely to be shit.

XY/Z really improved upon this.

The problem with XY is Ash's sterile character, his snarkiness from OS was gone by DP.

>Ash is shit no league lmao XDD
While he hasn't won any region league, he's gotten farther than any rival has, as well as being offered the position of Battle Frontier Brain/winning the Orange Islands League.

>>25926657
>Awful kiddie shit
>Says this while he posts on /vp/ and plays a game marketed towards children
>>
>>25926715
>>25926914
>hurr this thing I like is for kids so it's ok to watch this other thing targeted to braindead kids
Nice argument.
>>
It is watchable unless you're an autistic manchild that thinks he's too mature to watch it while playing a kiddy game with a theme and story very similar to the anime. Except the fact that Team Flare isn't garbage in the anime.
>>
>>25926972
>hurr durr I haven't watched it for 10 years and I think I have a say about it

Nice argument. Easy with the damage control.
>>
>>25926577
Ash wins, moves into a mentor role for new protagonists.
>>
>>25926919
pretty much this. They could switch Ash with any other protagonist and it will still be a lousy show that has to play especially safe for their unique global market. However, a different protagonist each season would mean the writers would be more willing to let them win pokemon leagues. It would make the show a little more worth following.
>>
>>25926985
Oh now you're actually defending the anime, fucking hilarious. Jesus christ this board is truly going to shit.
>>
More poketlon episodes.
>>
File: 044.jpg (34 KB, 342x192) Image search: [Google]
044.jpg
34 KB, 342x192
>>25926657
But it has great waifu Pokegirls in it to watch it for.
>>
No more contest, just pure adventure.

Companions are three in number at most, and Pikachu is the only pokemon CONSTANTLY out of their pokeball, no more of this piplup, Axew, Dedenne shit.

Running gags are toned down and subtle instead of happening at every possible moment. Think OS anime before Brock started losing his Spaghetti at every girl of legal age.

Ash starts using his old pokemon again, in addition to the new ones, rotating his party around at every pokemon center. Literally none of his old pokemon that are with Oak are off the table.

More odd ball anomalies happen like the talking gastly, or the ancient alakazam and gengar giants, or episodes where the pokemon talk to each other with subtitles.

Characters regain some of their sassy rudeness from season 1 and aren't obnoxiously polite barring obvious bad guys and rivals.

Team Rocket as a whole organization and not just the trio being more involved in the story, as well as the newest antagonist from the games, instead of saving that for really late.

New Dub voices
>>
File: kiryuin-3[1].jpg (218 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kiryuin-3[1].jpg
218 KB, 1280x720
>>25926848
Plot twist: She's the main cool stronger and heartless rival
>>
>>25927052
There's far not enough fanservice to justify watching it for that reason.
>>
Make Team Rocket less formulaic
Less Pokemon of the week filler
Stop having shitmons like Piplup/Oshawott/Chespin who get up to annoying forced antics
No bullshit outcomes

That's all, really.
>>
>>25927072
Ok, then add some of this guys ideas to it: >>25927068
>>
>>25926862
>Ash going solo
I remember discussing this sometime ago, and realizing that while it would be an interesting change it would also probably include a bit too much of Ash talking to himself and his Pokémon.
>>
Hire Andrew Hussie
>>
Make the girls lewder
>>
I'm sorry, but I can't call anything this anime does an adventure unless it's actually fighting team whatever. Everything else is random crap.
>>
>>25927087
>fanservice
>in a cartoon aimed to kids
Might add some gore while you're at it.
>>
>>25927098
>it would also probably include a bit too much of Ash talking to himself and his Pokémon.
The issue here being?
>>
>>25927120
>you need to fight to have an adventure
The real problem is that there's no focus on exploration.
>>
File: Serena armpit.png (657 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Serena armpit.png
657 KB, 1280x720
>>25927126
But there's lots of great subtle fanservice.
>>
>>25927150
I don't think badly drawn armpits really count as fanservice.
>>
>>25927150
>lots
>>
>>25927166
Pleb taste.
>>
>>25927171
Need I bust out the Flare Admins?
>>
>>25927178
It's just a fetish like others, it's absolutely nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>25927142
What would we be doing? Trying to find the ruins of a forgotten civilization centered on knowledge of Mega evolution? Before the evil team gets them first?
>>
>>25927202
That's what happened in the Mega Evolution specials although it WAS the evil team searching for them.
>>
>>25927017
Yea, it became shit when elitists from /v/eddit like you came here. Again, easy with the damage control.
>>
>>25927189
Yes
>>
>>25927228
>elitists
What does this word even mean?
>>
>>25927239
Are you stupid or just underage?
>>
>>25927228
Can you even give me any reason I should watch the anime?
>>
Produce an ongoing mystery dungeon-based series.
>>
>>25927257
I just don't understand what's elitistic about saying the Pokémon anime is unwatchable garbage.
>>
>>25927228
>anime watcher accusing others of being from /v/eddit
wew
>>
>>25926890
>Ash wins the League and becomes the new Brock with a tagalong mentorship role

But what about Pikachu?
>>
Age Ash about 5 years. Give him some character instead of a bland face. He's allowed to notice women. He's allowed to have actual life problems.

Keep Pikachu. GOAT partner.

Legitimately de-power Pikachu every gen. Make it a running gag that something zaps his power or something. He spends each generation unlocking his full power, peaking at the league with an explosion of ability, before losing it all again next gen. This also means you can get away with teaching him new abilities each gen as needed, you could do some creative shit with this, mix up Pikachu's battle style. And then at the last battle, he can use all his abilities again from past gens, OP as fuck.

Pokemon-specific storylines. Give each of Ash's Pokemon a serious arc that spans the whole season, Make them real companions, instead of pets. Evolution is less about achieving power, and more about overcoming personal barriers. Make them the co-stars of the show.

Instead of token girl always being his companion, make token girl his rival instead. They travel together some episodes, she's gone for others, but they're rivals. She's every bit his equal as his trainer, if not moreso. She's also 100% waifu material every gen to appease shippers. She's involved in every major event, they meet up in every gym city, and she stars in random filler episodes.

Ash's companion is a token young boy/girl that he has to look after during his travels (a la Bonnie/Max), maybe someone he met at the starting town who received their first Pokemon. Since he's older in this iteration, he isn't incompetent in this regard. This also retains the younger audience. Young trainer's goals can train in each gen, essentially doubles as replacing current token girl's role, so if they want to do non-battle stuff, they can shoehorn that in this way.
>>
>>25927283
This. I'm going so far as to call it a CARTOON because I don't think that it deserves to be called an anime
>>
>>25927264
If you like pokemon, great animation, an actual good TF arch, good BGM, a competent Ash and cute shit then yes.
>>
>>25926919
So are you underage, then? I mean that's the only reason you'd be here if you think like that.
>>
>>25927311
Not even reddit, this is youtube comment-tier.
>>
File: 1441220470410.png (247 KB, 539x500) Image search: [Google]
1441220470410.png
247 KB, 539x500
>>25927314
Now that's just silly, Anime is just Japanese animation, it doesn't matter if it's shit or not, it's still anime.
>>
>no more team rocket
>real rivals who come and go and get stronger
>pokemon evolve more
>less double team.
>>
>>25927334
This was meant for >>25927311
sorry about mislink
>>
File: laugh hercule.jpg (141 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
laugh hercule.jpg
141 KB, 500x282
>>25927311
Holy shit that comment, you can't get more manchild than this
>>
>>25927017
I blame the leaks. There's been a really, really sharp tank in board quality the past week, /vp/ was never good but it hasn't been this bad since the end of XY leak season. So many shills in every thread, calling people elitist entitled autists for not sucking GF's cock and praising XYORAS or for getting impatient at having to wait three months to get any S&M information.

>>25927304
Stays with Ash, you pretty much can't remove Pikachu while keeping Ash. Greninja will probably be gone though.
>>
>>25927334
>Anime is just Japanese animation
If I recall correctly, nips use "anime" to refer to all animation, not just Japanese.
>>
>>25927363
Well but we aren't nips.
>>
>>25926577
Sakura Trick, but with Ash and Pikachu
>>
>>25927309

>make token girl his rival instead
THIS
ALSO MAKE HER TSUNDERE AS FUCK
>>
>>25927363
I talking from the western perspective of what is called anime, of course the Tojos and Hirohitos are going to call all animation anime, that's what they know animation as.
>>
>>25927283
Have you never had an argumentation in your life? Are you this uneducated or do you still go to school or some shit? You don't judge shit you haven't watched for years while playing a game with the same theme and similar story and acts as that's much better. Both are made for children. One has gotten a lotter better with XY and one has gotten a lot worse. Know the shit you argue against ffs.

>>25927311
>literally the pure definition of a manchild elitist is behind this post

Joe was right, this shithole is filled with underage faggotry.
>>
>>25927309
>Instead of token girl always being his companion, make token girl his rival instead. They travel together some episodes, she's gone for others, but they're rivals.

This, this, this, fucking THIS.
>>
>>25927401
a lot*
>>
>>25927401
>Joe was right, this shithole is filled with underage faggotry.
You don't need Joe's validation to claim that, you just have to spend a few hours on here.
>>
>>25927401
You're going to photoshop it out but you really are samefagging in this thread. If you want to pretend to be multiple opinions don't use "elitist" in every single post you make.
>>
>>25926577
OH MY GOD BELLE IS SEE-THROUGH
>>
>>25927426
Yea, that's literally the main theme of the argumentation you fucking retard.

>>25926943
>>25927354
not me though
>>
>>25927447
You're spamming every single thread that doesn't agree with you calling people elitist, entitled, autistic manchildren. You want to create a hugbox where nobody criticizes your favorite Gen or your favorite anime and spamming these things in an attempt to make your opinion seem like the norm.

Stop.
>>
>>25927435

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>25927401
Yeah...no. I know that the anime and the games share the same problem of the only thing that is interesting IS NOT THE FOCUS. I don't want to play the games anymore, btw.
>>
>>25927401
There's more to the Pokémon games than the dumbass story though while that's literally all the anime can offer if you don't care about the idiotic ship crap.
>>
>>25927472
This is literally the first time in a thread I have used the word elitist. I never use shit like "entitled". Autistic manchild is the usual buzzwords.

Stop being a paranoid, butthurt faggot. I have not samefagged. Replying to the posts that replied to me is not samefagging. Samefagging would be if I responded to my own thread or the same post mutliple posts.

>hugbox
>literally saying the anime isn't complete garbage
>anybody that says anything different get attack by triggered manchildren that thinks the games are so much more mature

Stop being hypocrite
>>
Retcon everything. Redo kanto. Make it more like real anime.
>>
>>25927478
>>
>>25927498
>literally can only say the anime is garbage*
>>
Age Bonnie up a few years, have her catch Team Rocket's Meowth, and focus the entire show on their misadventures.
>>
>>25927478
Are you kidding look at her delicate underside and its elegant chub
>>
>>25927485
And what is that, pray tell? I can't exactly run around like it's Skyrim and the world is my oyster.
>>
>>25927498
>they aren't for you! Leave my thread! Y-You're a baby too because you play the games!

Pokémon has a shitty story in the games and the Ashnime. The games however has GAMEPLAY. You can enjoy a game with shitty story and shitty characters if it has good gameplay, and Pokémon does in its better entries. The anime has nothing going for it. The story is shit, the characters are shit, Ash is NEVER winning the League so there's nothing going for it plotwise, literally nothing going for it except the animation getting better, and even then the color design is too saturated. Good animation doesn't make a show worth watching.
>>
Make it more about the world, things like history of the pokemon world could be interesting
>>
>>25927531
There's the breeding, the Pokédex filling, the online battling, the teambuilding, the Battle Tower, the whole post-game stuff, the bonding with pixels and the shiny hunting if you're particularly autistic. All these things can't truly be considered mature or anything, but it's a lot compared to the complete vacuity the anime has to offer.
>>
>>25927537
>and even then the color design is too saturated
That's a problem with BW. XY is a major improvement from that.

Fair point for the rest of your post though.
>>
>>25927309

I like the rival idea. None of the boys are ever going to live up to Gary's shadow anyway and this is a good way to make the rivalry more interesting because sexual tension
>>
>>25927537
>literally can't reply any better and goes on full damage control for something I never said

I play the games and I like them. I have never stopped anything else. Stop falseflagging. Learn how to argue. You're literally throwing out random shit to see what sticks.

>the anime has nothing going on for it
>what is much better than average anime animation
>what is the zygarde plot
>what is the ashgreninja plot
>what is the Team Flare plot that in times better than in the games¨
>what is the Alan plot
>very good choreography in battles
>competent Ash
>interesting fillers
>great BGM (often anime remixes of the game music)
>awesome OPs (japanese at least)

Yea, good animation is the only thing that makes it worth watching.... And if you're a waifufag it got plenty of shit for aswell. If you like cute shit there's plenty of that aswell. If you just like pokemon battleing there's a lot of that aswell.

Just going to throw out some random clips from TF since that might be something for you to enjoy. Enjoy them if you want it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBnLTurCXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5uK8ZqpKmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLtO_P1g5H0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkD0k4qfxcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoD4MEWvQY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZJPs3KeSg
>>
>>25927653
stopped = said*
>>
>>25926577
Ash stays but he grows older.
More like the games. (Storylines etc.)
Essentially just rework the anime to be more like pokemon origins

Ash goes through each region, catching them all and getting a decent team together, also a lot more trading. Beats the gyms, sometimes he has to train a lot, but always follow the rules of the games (no sprinklers to beat onix with thunderbolt, thunder armor or stupid shit like that)
I'm fine with him having pikachu as a core member, but switch up the team when he goes to different regions.

Also sprinkle in a couple of legendary pokemon, not just slap every legendary they can think of into the movies
>>
>>25927675
>Essentially just rework the anime to be more like pokemon origins
Except better-paced, hopefully. Also, I'd allow stuff that goes outside the rules of the vidya as long as it makes sense.
>>
>>25926577
Ash can stay. he just has to get more traditional shonen.

Basically, just give him Yami/Pharoah's personality and penchant for clever comeback victories (or heck, even Pheonix Wright's penchant for comeback victories where he's been blundering for the last 10 minutes but finally sees some neat thing the opponent has missed and capitalize on it hard, if you want to keep Ash kind of a goof) and it'd be fine.

As it stands, he fights very much like a 5 year old at the game. Toss a random pokemon out, regardless of type or strength matchup. When it of course dies shrug it off as an inevitable loss, and pop your over-leveled starter. It either then mows face or still loses, much to his bewilderment, cause like "why did my super awesome pikachu lose to his exadrill that's bullcrap"

Goku knows how to fight. Yami/Yugi knows how to play cards. Why can't Ash be at least semi-decent at pokemon fighting, instead of having to rely on protagonist luck for every little thing?
>>
>>25927304

Fuck 'em. Been in the spotlight for way too long, and robbed Porygon of appearances in the anime outside of EP038, which was Pikachu's fault anyway.
>>
>>25927653
>>what is much better than average anime animation
I could watch something with "better than average" animation and good writing.
>>what is the zygarde plot
Something that won't matter in the long run.
>>what is the ashgreninja plot
Something that won't matter in the long run, he'll box Greninja.
>>what is the Team Flare plot that in times better than in the games
He'll save the day and Team Flare will never appear again.
>>what is the Alan plot
The edgy guy with the Charizard?
>>very good choreography in battles
See my views on the animation.
>>competent Ash
He's going to lose the League. "But that doesn't matter!" Yes it does it's his entire goal.
>>interesting fillers
Pokémon filler has never been interesting unless it had a Pokémon I particularly liked.
>>great BGM (often anime remixes of the game music)
Fair but it's similar to my opinions on animation.
>>awesome OPs (japanese at least)
I'm not going to watch it subbed, and I know how awful the dub is.

Waifus and cute shit aren't much of selling points when the anime market is saturated with both.
>>
>>25927611
The story is more than bad to me. It goes against what is acceptable to me.
>>
The anime is fine for little kids(its target) and everyone, no manchilds and edgy kids
>>
>>25927806
>I'm not going to watch the good version so I'll just bitch about the bad version
>>
>>25927848
The only benefit you get to watching it subbed is the better openings. I know the voice acting is higher quality but that means nothing because I don't fucking speak Japanese.
>>
>>25927859
Neither do the people saying it's better, so you kinda killed your own argument there.
>>
>>25927887
Weebs will watch voice acting they don't understand and claim it's the best thing ever, yes.
>>
File: gityourgrimeon.png (10 KB, 150x130) Image search: [Google]
gityourgrimeon.png
10 KB, 150x130
>>25926577
1.Make Ash a competent trainer and give him a personality the makes him arrogant to some degree, snarky, but with a genuinely good heart.
2.Let him win the League.
3.Series changes protagonists with each region.
4.Ash grows older and becomes a support character that travels a lot because that's what he loves doing.
5.Jessie, James, and Meowth become good guys and retire.
6.Have Ash evolve his pikachu at the end of his journey.
>>
Get rid of Team Rocket. Have the current gen evil team be an ongoing plot point, and have them be actually competent.
>>
>>25927806
So you got literally nothing? I literally showed you why I think you're wrong and you can only counter with
>b-but that plot has only been ongoing for over 2 years it doesn't count

We talk about the XY series here. Nothing else. Not winning the league doesn't make everything before that bad. 3 years is a long ass series. Most animes don't even get a 4th of the episode XY has now.

>>what is the Team Flare plot that in times better than in the games
>He'll save the day and Team Flare will never appear again.
Literally everything you say can be said about anything

It's literally just any category of any movie, tv show etc
>survival movie
>"what's the point to watch it if we know he will survive?"

I honestly don't have the interest to pull more examples but you get my point. The story makes the series, movie etc. Not the end.

I don't even know why I argue anymore. You clearly have not seen it for like 10 years. There's literally no point. You can't argue with anything since you have absolutely no relevant facts to back any of your statements up because you simply have no clue what's happening.
>>
>>25928038
>the story makes the series

And the story in Pokémon is uninteresting. Everything but the League is filler.
>>
>>25927150
That's the most fucked up armpit i have seen
>>
>>25927859
No, the dub removes the BGM and replace with retarded alien sounds.The BGM has a major importance in setting the mode in a scene. That's the main reason. Then it's because of the shitty voice acting. Then it's because of the simplified script to appeal to kids more and last is the shitty dub cuts.
>>
>>25927763
>this entire post
Please watch these recent gyms and come back:
https://kissanime.to/Anime/Pokemon-XY/Episode-067?id=102729
https://kissanime.to/Anime/Pokemon-XY/Episode-093?id=118903
Ash is exactly how you want him instead of how you mistakenly think he is.
>>
>>25928068
This was the most retarded shit. How is episodes related to Ash's and his pokemons growth filler? How is the TF plot filler? How is the ashninja plot filler? how is any relevant character showing up filler? how is the zygarde plot filler?

Just stop. You're just embarrassing yourself. You're literally implying that any episode besides the series final in any tv show is irrelevant and filler.
>>
>>25927763
>hasn't watched the anime since johto the post
>>
>>25928131
I can answer for TF but nothing else. It's the same flaw the games have. The villains have nothing to do with what the point of the game is, to beat the champion.
>>
>>25928131
>How is episodes related to Ash's and his pokemons growth filler?

Because Ash has no personality and all of his Pokémon will disappear at the end of the season when he goes to the next region.

>How is the TF plot filler?

Because Pokémon doesn't do anything with its villainous teams, they're either comic relief like Rocket or they show up for one and and then never again, like a random filler character except taken from the games.

>How is the ashninja plot filler?

Because Greninja's not coming back for the S&M region.

>how is any relevant character showing up filler?

You have to clarify what "relevant" means here in the context of the show before I can answer that.

>how is the zygarde plot filler?

Because Zygarde is just a random-ass Legendary, just like every other random-ass Legendary that appears in this series.

>You're literally implying that any episode besides the series final in any tv show is irrelevant and filler.

Gym Battles are part of the League too. Gym Leaders are definitely relevant characters, so any episode focusing on them probably isn't filler.
>>
>>25926577
making pikachu actually get stronger would probably already make a big difference
It loses to a fucking buneary and other shitmons after being through every region there is
they should also make ash less bland and incompetent
>>
>>25926577
Make Ash gay and have a love affair with Gary Oak.
>>
>>25927270
This to be honest family
>>
>>25928181
>Because Ash has no personality and all of his Pokémon will disappear at the end of the season when he goes to the next region.

Nice meme lmao. Come with an actual argument. We're talking about XY. It's its own series. Everything isn't filler because he goes to a next region.

>Because Pokémon doesn't do anything with its villainous teams, they're either comic relief like Rocket or they show up for one and and then never again, like a random filler character except taken from the games.

Do you seriously think plot is only thing that can lead to the main goal? Plot is something build up to end someway or another. In this case the TF climax. This is called side plots are are very common in all formes of movies and tv series.

>Because Greninja's not coming back for the S&M region.
See first post

>You have to clarify what "relevant" means here in the context of the show before I can answer that.
Not CotD that comes back in several episode to contribute with something weather it's a rival, a friend etc. A side series. Just like Sanpei was brought back several times you finally be one of the reasons for Ash-greninja.

>Because Zygarde is just a random-ass Legendary, just like every other random-ass Legendary that appears in this series.
Good argument kid. How does that not make it a plot? Why buy any game when it will be the same thing. Pokemon, evil team, 8 gyms, elite 4 and champion amirite?? Legendaries are just random ass legendaries after all. New pokemon are just random ass pokemon after all.

>Gym Battles are part of the League too. Gym Leaders are definitely relevant characters, so any episode focusing on them probably isn't filler.
First post that isn't competely retarded

Are you sure you can post here? I would assume anybody over the age of 18 would actually know what a the simple term side plot means.
>>
>>25928210
But it hasn't lost to buneary. It tanks like 10 dig hits and then one shot it with iron tail....

Stop making up bullshit and actually watch the source material you idiot.
Pikachu took down a mega-lucario ffs.
>>
>>25928291
whether*
>>
>>25928291
>We're talking about XY.

I don't see how that makes it alright. XY is the exact same thing as every other region, and S&M will be the exact same thing as XY. Yes, I'm sure viewing XY without ever watching any other season makes XY look better because you don't know that this is the sixth time they've pulled this shit. I've seen Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, though, and it was all the same shit. (Skipped Unova because Pikachu lost to a Lv. 5 Snivy and Iris was my breaking point, holy shit what an annoying bitch) The context of XY in regards to the series as a whole does matter because if it doesn't do anything DIFFERENT there's no reason to watch it if you've already seen literally any other region.
>>
>>25927810
If you play games for the story, it's your own problem family pai.
>>
>>25927311
Anime and cartoon are the same thing, autist.
>>
>>25928335
I understand to some degree. They pull the same shit out their ass all too many times. The thing is that at least the series I have watched they are different from each other. Each has their own side plots, own characters etc.

They're very much like the games in fact. They're based on the same concept with better graphic/animation for every generation and different opinions on what is the best one.

But they have never pulled something like XY. Compared to any other series before it they have done some major changes. I had not watched the anime since johto when I began XY. I did watch the first episode of the cancer called BW a few years ago because I saw it on netflix but that was just unwatchable. But XY really is something else. I also marathoned DP for the last 4 months.

I think this explain it pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHHOMz1uUs

>I'm sure viewing XY without ever watching any other season makes XY look better

Only thing I wanted to hear. It's a great standalone pokemon series. That's more point.
>>
>>25927859
>dub removed cocky Ash
biggest fucking crime. he's
>>
>>25928373
Don't give me that crap. Plenty of games have great stories, without sacrificing coherence with gameplay, even. You've got me that I've played games simply because they're fun without worrying about the story, but even as random as they all are, they make far more sense than pokemon does. I guess the gameplay of JRPGs just is not enough for me to play on it's own.
>>
Anime in general is unsalvageable.

I don't care if it sounds xenophobic, I refuse to watch any more cartoons that were made in Japan.
>>
>>25928548
As far as I know, everything that XY has done has been done before, mostly by DP. I will not argue that if someone liked DP, they would probably like XY. The only think it lacks is a real rival arc and the matter Serena takes too long to get started.

That being said, I can't stand any season after BW magnified everything that go wrong in a kids' show. I now see it everywhere. I can no longer even favor DP that much due to the massive dissonance with the villain plot and the matter that the rival resulted in no character development whatsoever.
>>
>Ash is finally an adult who becomes a champion and is known as the Pokemon master now.
>Has a son but due to him not having enough time for his family due to his tasks his wife leaves him and brings their son with them and never talk again.
>As their son gets older he learns the truth about his dad and would want to meet him so he goes out to visit a place where Ash would be guest speaking.
>Ash doesn't recognize the child as his son since he is older since the last time they saw eachother.
>The son takes this the wrong way and leaves. A few years pass and the Son vows to go on his own adventure and beat his father to become new Pokemon Master.

Would you watch /vp/?
>>
>>25928622
Lol just read a book mate.
>>
>>25928711
>As far as I know, everything that XY has done has been done before, mostly by DP.

Yea, DP is close but still not there. Ash was good and had a good team. But it wasn't fully evolved as it was now and he didn't rape literally every trainer that's not named elite 4 beater Alan. He was just good among many. Plus, actually making Ash the mature leader of the group and giving him a snowflake greninja is something new from being the immature one compared to Brock. For once he actually feels like a protagonist instead one of many trainers.
>>
Anime adaption of the Adventures manga with some good filler.
>>
>>25928824
Evos mean nothing and I did watch XY enough to know he HAS lost before.
>>
File: 1445006904226.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1445006904226.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1440
>>25928709
Anime is a very diverse medium. Sure, a lot of it is garbage moeshit designed solely to siphon money from otaku, but not all of it.
>>
>Ash wins league
>Serena leaves with old fart, they promise to reunite after they've accomplished their goals.
>Cross-regional tournament announced for Elite 4 spot after Malva disappears because of her involvement in TF. It is hold in SM region. Ash is classified because he won the Kalos League.
>He goes through SM region with new companions challenging gyms for training and finding new pokemon and mega stones for his previous ones.
>In the tournament he faces his old rivals like Ritchie, that guy with the blaziken, etc.
>After winning the Elite 4 spot decides to challenge the champion and wins.

One can only dream.
>>
>>25928709
Time for the extreme treatment.

Watch Cowboy Bebop if you haven't already. Otherwise, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>25926848
Give the gym leaders more pokemon so Ash and the girl don't fight the same ones.
>>
File: 1456364589860.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456364589860.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>25927309
This guy's idea for the girl is based.
>>
>>25926657
I love how defensive ashimefags get. You're completely right anon
>>
>>25926577
Use the animation style from Origins and BW2 trailer.

Have decent story archs

Move the target demographic from 5 year olds to 11 year olds

New character, new everything, blank fucking slate
>>
>>25926978
Its only watchable if you are an autistic manchild
>>
>>25927311
Totally agree. Its neat to watch ashimefags get so defensive.
>>
>>25927401
>Joe said
No surprise an ashimefags is also an internet celebrity dick suck...I mean if you can even call some random fag who makes his fame off of pokemon an internet celebrity
>>
>>25928131
>ash
>character
>growth
>>
>>25926577
Make Imaishi the director
Air whatever comes out
>>
I like that James' dub voice has lost the squeal
>>
Ditch all the humans and make it all wacky Pokemon adventures
>>
>>25929369
>Space Patrol Eureka
>>
Should Mystery Dungeon be a show?
>>
File: meowth coffee.png (9 KB, 305x301) Image search: [Google]
meowth coffee.png
9 KB, 305x301
>>25929427
>new main characters every series
>open for character development and more room for IAintGottaExplainShit
>reusable legendaries and pokemon due to alternate universe fuckery
>can have specials bringing in past characters
I'd give it a try, so long as its not the half-assed ad episodes they push for each game release
>>
File: imageforreference.jpg (50 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
imageforreference.jpg
50 KB, 736x414
>>25926577
No extra main characters, if you really wanna develop your character (Ash) we don't need nice guy and bitchy "tough girl" number 5,000.
>>
>>25929427
Make it an episodic job-of-the-day formula with multiple teams it follows who are mostly seperate but occasionally cross paths and interact and work with eachother, and I'd watch it
>>
Like turn it into a spoof/satire of pokemon/Other stuff that involves mon's

Make your parents or anybody who isn't a shutin watch an epsiode then base that off what they found wrong with the pokemon

Aim for the adult swim crowd and make sure wafiufags and other losers aren't latching on with their unwashed claws.
>>
>>25929660
Forgot to add for hardmode

Turn Ash Ketchup into a knockoff of Archer Sterling/Xander Crews would improve him by 100%
>>
>>25926665

This is a nice idea
#Justice4Porygon
>>
>>25927806
>He'll save the day and Team Flare will never appear again.

Stop spoiling the people faggot
>>
>>25929751
Spoiler: Clemont and Bonnie and most likely Serena will go their separate ways from Ash at the end of the season.
>>
Normal Mode:
New Protags every region. The PC (maybe both) of the game is the Protag. Same with the rivals. Region ends with the Protag beating the league, beating the Region's team, and maybe catching a Legendary or two. If they use both the male and the female PC, there isn't too much of a need for a rival, and have a friendly rivalry going between them, like Lucas and Barry or Brendan and Wally did. Not cold, distant "I respect you as a friend" Serena/Calem. Make the Antags competent, and actually a threat, maybe even beating the Protag once or twice, forcing some Deus ex Machina or something.

Hardmode: Make Ash a bit more arrogant, but not to the point where he's an ass. Have him swap his team around. Give Serena a personality outside of "Love Ash". A lot of Anon's have said more, so look at their's.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.