[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you have preferred one more Gen VI game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: ben10.jpg (244 KB, 2481x1335) Image search: [Google]
ben10.jpg
244 KB, 2481x1335
Would you have preferred one more Gen VI game?
>>
>>25923404
No. Gen 6 had its chance and it disappointed me every single time.
>>
>>25923404
Tough call
On one hand, 6 was a disappointment, especially when XY followed up my favorites, B2W2.
On the other, a Z could have potentially redeemed the generation.
>>
>>25923404
nah
>>
>>25923404
No gen iv is kind of shit tier to be honest.
>>
Yeah. Gen 6 just felt awkwardly short. Sun and moon hype would be bigger probably.
>>
>>25923416
Correction gen vi*
>>
>>25923404
Well we're getting 2 more, so...
>>
>>25923432
>muh gen 6.5 meme
xD
>>
No. No more Kalos.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
>>25923432
no
>>
>>25923404
No, generally I don't care for third versions because it's the same game with minor changes.
XY was shit BTW
ORAS was probably bad too but I enjoyed Star Sapphire.
>>
>>25923404
Yeah and it's gonna happen.
>>
Probably. It could've been the Platinum to X/Y's Diamond/Pearl and saved the generation from being shit.
Ideally, though, X/Y wouldn't have sucked in the first place and a third version wouldn't have been needed to fix it.
>>
>>25923404
Yes. I liked XY and would have liked to see a game similar to it but with Kalos expansions and Zygarde.
>>
Yes because I want a proper post game already.
>>
>>25923432
>MUH PENTAGON VALUES
LUL
>>
>>25923432
This
>>
>>25923404
No, I wanted to skip Z and move on to the next gen and am glad it happened.
>>
>>25923404
Nah. Glad we got the Sun and Moon/Gen 7 reveal.

XYORAS were ok but felt like Alpha and Beta of a game on 3DS. Kalos looked okay but it felt pretty barren.

Hopefully Sun and Moon launch Gen 7 and keep it going until the NX or whatever else is next and we get another overhaul for that system.
>>
I dunno
The third version is clearly just a thing they do for cashgrab, but on the other hand, XY felt really lacking in content that usually would've been in a third version

I just hope S&M is set in Southern Kalos and you can explore the XY part in the postgame
>>
Anyone who prefers Z to Sun/Moon only cares about postgame or really, really wanted to like Kalos.

Problem is they'really not giving any gameplay right now.
>>
>>25923432
/thread
>>
>>25923432
came here to post this
>>
>>25923404
It needs it. We can't have gen 6 be this much of a disappointment.
>>
since we're discussing this, i made a poll

Vote for what gen you think Sun and Moon is here

http://strawpoll.me/7352880
>>
>>25923404
No. Kalos was underwhelming and I wanted GF to learn from their mistakes, salvage the good stuff, and move on to the next gen. Which is exactly what happened.
>>
Yes. But hey you guys all wanted gen 7 instead of a definite version, so don't flame if the games are going to be bad.
>>
File: [HATRED INTENSIFIES].gif (212 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
[HATRED INTENSIFIES].gif
212 KB, 525x525
>>25924276
>"Gen 6.5"
>NOT JUST FUCKING GEN 6 LIKE IT WOULD BE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR OWN HOME-MADE DEFINITIONS AS A GEN "6.5" IS
>>
I rather have a new generation than a rehash.
>>
>>25923432
Idiot.
>>
Meh it wasnt anything amazing
>>
File: ABANDON THREAD.gif (850 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ABANDON THREAD.gif
850 KB, 320x240
>>25923432
oh boy, here we go
>>
Honestly yea, wanted to learn more about that nigga AZ
>>
I can't wait for when game freak gives the scoop on whether or not it's actually a new generation or just Kalos : Expanded.

Once the news is out, I will pretend I was on the winning side and take a shit on the losing side through complete aspergery and autism.
>>
>>25924202
>clearly just a thing they do for cashgrab
>implying any third version was as much of a cash grab as ORAS
Crystal, Emerald and Platinum all felt different enough from their paired versions to be better games more worth your money than the other two. Which is why they stopped doing them.
>>
File: cool cow.jpg (100 KB, 848x1023) Image search: [Google]
cool cow.jpg
100 KB, 848x1023
>>25924430
OK!
Good to know you're watching over this thread too, to bring up the ORAS hate as quickly as you can
God forbid, we'd actually talk about other things
>>
>>25924594
>ORAS hate
Not at all. I didn't hate them, but they were literally R/S with no Battle Tower and the Physical/Special split with newer Pokémon clumsily shoehorned in and references to the weakest entries in the series since Gen I. Only changes were romhack tier.
>>
>>25923404
Yes.
>>
>>25924226
I wanted the fucking France region to be my favorite. I FUCKING TOOK 6 YEARS OF FRENCH FOR THIS
>>
>>25923404
>Posts a picture of non canon pokemon forms
>>
>>25924691
>This meme again
They'll be a side thing in SM.
>>
>>25923404
Yes. I haven't gotten to use Froakie yet. I was a fool and chose Fennekin in X and Chespin in Y. ;~;
>>
>>25924661
Battle Maison is an improved Battle Tower, anyway.
>>
>>25924786
Except it's not. I bet one of the Battle Chatelaines is your waifu, faggot.
>>
Yes!! We need Z!!

Come on Game Freak, stop goofing off!!

Save Sun and Moon some other time!
>>
>>25923404
Third versions are my favorite games in the franchise so yes. Besides, I don't believe SM will become some Jesus that'll redeem Pokemon from its current shittieness just by not being gen 6.
>>
>>25924407
This nigga knows what's up
>>
>>25924702
Same here except I used Chespin in X and Fennekin in Y. Which is weird because Froakie was my favorite of the trio when they were initially revealed.

I'm just waiting for them to confirm whether SM will be a sequel to Kalos or whatever, if not I'm restarting my Y and going with Froakie.
>>
>>25923404
no
>>
No. Prior to S/M's announcement I'd told myself that I wouldn't even buy Z unless it was something closer to Black 2/White 2 in scope. X and Y were by far the least enjoyable games in the series for me personally and I had no interest in revisiting basically the same thing a third time.
>>
>>25925022
Froakie was my favorite of the three as well, I honestly have no clue why I didn't go with him from the beginning.
>>
>>25923404
Why? The story wrapped up rather nicely, even if it was simple. Every Pokemon is available this gen already, and there's very little reason to even want to go back to Kalos.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.