[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTCG/O General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: Farfetch'd2.png (124 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Farfetch'd2.png
124 KB, 1000x1000
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/
provides an approximation.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

Previous thread: >>25897362

ToTT: >What are you going to miss most when rotation happens this year?
>>
>ToTT
Flashfire Noivern, my deck will have to be redone completely without him
>>
>>25918792
>buried under hype and disappoint edition

ToTT: nothing because nothing is rotating that I give a shit about except maybe Aromatisse and Trevenant.
>>
>>25918792
ToTT: Nothing relevant besides Muscle Band, Trevenant, Blacksmith, Korrina, Shadow Circle and Aromatisse are going for long, and those might get reprinted. Out of those though, Blacksmith, since the entire Fire type revolves solely around it. If it goes, the only deck that would function would be Houndoom.
>>
>>25919046
>"fire deck"
>function
laffin

Was there any other actual fire decks besides Entei that were relevant for more than a month? I feel like Stage 1 Flareon/Vespiquen was more common than actual fire decks.
>>
>>25918792
>ToTT: What are you going to miss most when rotation happens this year?

For reference, the relevant cards being rotated are:

>XY
Greninja, Trevenant, Aromatisse, Xerneas, Muscle Band, Cassius, Fairy Garden
>FF
Pyroar, Blacksmith, Startling Megaphone, Trick Shovel, Fiery Torch
>FuF
Lucario EX, Landorus, Hawlucha, Seismitoad EX, Fighting Stadium, Training Center, Korrina, Battle Reporter, Super Scoop Up, Strong Energy
>PHF
Manectric EX, M Manectric EX, Joltik, Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Crobat, Gengar EX, Malamar EX, Bronzong, Dialga EX, Aegislash EX, AZ, Battle Compressor, Dimension Valley, Head Ringer, Robo Substitute, Steel Shelter, Target Whistle, Trick Coin, Xerosic, Mystery Energy

Fairy Garden, Strong Energy, Pumpkaboo, Joltik, and Battle Compressor are all getting special reprints in Japan, and while it's very likely, there's no confirmation they'll actually come over.
>>
Probably gonna miss Korrina the most. I really really liked doing the play of
>search regirock
>search puzzle of time
>use both puzzles of time to get back korrina and something else

Plus she has amazing art.
>>
>>25919098
>I'm not allowed to ever play anything but Night March for fun
>>
>>25919115
>pyroar
>fun
I'm being serious though, Entei was the only thing to use Charizard. Fire barely got any support at all in recent sets. Only like 2 sets focused on fire Pokemon, one was Flashfire, which only really had Pyroar and Charizard as semi-usable, the other was the Houndoom deck mentioned.
>>
>>25919105
I thought we were getting a toad and Battle Compressor reprint in Champion Set.
>>
File: ;).png (319 KB, 856x659) Image search: [Google]
;).png
319 KB, 856x659
>>25919210
Even though it was an April Fools prank, it's left a lot of people confused.

Gengar, Manectric, and Seismitoad are NOT getting reprinted. It was an April Fools joke.

Shaymin, however, actually IS getting reprinted in the set, something which was announced a day before. A few other cards are getting reprinted alongside it, including Sky Field, M Ray, Vespiquen, Hammer, Hoopa EX, AT Articuno, and a set of basic energies with new art.
>>
File: Premium-Champion-Set-Reprints.jpg (191 KB, 1021x988) Image search: [Google]
Premium-Champion-Set-Reprints.jpg
191 KB, 1021x988
>>25919269
And here are six of the cards being reprinted. All the cards in the set are reverse holo, hence the texture on the border.
>As expected, Japan’s 131-card Premium Champion Set, which will be released on April 16th, will mostly be comprised of reverse holo reprints. None of the cards will have printed rarities. The official Japanese Pokemon card website has revealed some of the reprints will be Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX, Rayquaza-EX, and these cards. Not all of the cards will be reprints though.
>>
File: temp.png (912 KB, 1366x738) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
912 KB, 1366x738
>>25919312
>>25919269
Except if you check like 2 articles over.
>>
>>25919361
News to me. Even more proof to what I said about it confusing people.
>>
>>25919361
What kind of April fools joke is it to mock your customers about the poor distribution of your card game? No reason vs seeker shouldn't be a common
>>
>>25919105
Everything will be reprinted in the Champion set
>>
have any of you ever traded cards on reddit?

thinking of getting rid of some extras I've gotten over the years
>>
>>25920285
Pokebeach is absolutely not an official site by any means at all.
>>
i'v been doing the most damage with dakrai EX/Malamar and Olympia has been saving my ass with those two.
>>
>>25920454
Ohhh my bad.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (849 KB, 1149x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
849 KB, 1149x1600
show me a better looking full art

this has to be top 3
>>
>>25920981
kyogre is just a badass
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sup Tcg.

Today while looking through old junk I found pic related.
All the cards are there. The machamp is still in its original casing.
Google isn't giving much help.
All mint
>>
>>25921252
It's about $30 if it's the non-shadowless. Not sure how you tell if it is shadowless though without opening it.
>>
>>25921252
>>25921297
OK took a second look, thats the shadow card box, so yeah like $30-40
>>
So I just opened my first packs since fucking Fossil. Bought two of those mythical box-sets on a whim, Celebi and Mew. I pulled a Sylveon Ex and Flareon EX, Two Snorlax, Dodrio, Tauros and Pinsir. I swear i've seen that Tauros art before.

Are the two EX good?
Is this Generations set worth it? it kinda caters to my genwunner card faggotry.
I kinda want to get the Charizard Ex pack since it also has the set. Is that or the Shiny Gyarados/ Shiny Rayquaza sets i'm seeing worth it?
>>
>>25921438
Whoops,not Sylveon, Leafeon EX.
>>
>>25921438
That Tauros art is from one of the first sets, yeah.

Depends on what you mean by worth it, like are the cards you might potentially pull worth the money you might spend on packs?

Check tcgplayer.com for prices
>>
Is Lysandre's Trump card a good card?
>>
>Another 9 hours maintenance

WHY LIVE
>>
just had the worst consecutive run on the versus ladder, now
>maintenance

kill me
>>
>>25922297
>>25922308
Does that maintenance also apply to the Android beta?
>>
>>25922359
idk bb
>>
>>25922359
Probably yes, but I'm not sure
>>
>get ready to push ladder a bit to get the 3 packs before it ends
>9 hours maintenance

th-thanks
>>
File: IMG_4116.jpg (276 KB, 559x779) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4116.jpg
276 KB, 559x779
>>25920981
>>25921000
I'm not a big fan of Kyogre so that doesn't help, but look at that motherfucker. You can't say it's not glorious.
>>
>>25923196
>flamboyant bird FA
>card is in french

huh, it fits pretty well
>>
>maintenance 3 days ago
>login server was down yesterday
>9 hour maintenance today

When do we get to play the game?
>>
>>25923680
I'm honestly okay with this. Hopefully this maintenance will fix a lot of the game-breaking bugs and make the Android version a lot more stable and playable.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160412_0003.png (245 KB, 800x405) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160412_0003.png
245 KB, 800x405
So, I wanted to buy a box of Pokékyun from AmiAmi, but they don't appear to be taking orders for it anymore. Is there anywhere else I could buy a box for a decent price?
>>
File: PrimalKyogreEXPrimalClash149.jpg (89 KB, 349x478) Image search: [Google]
PrimalKyogreEXPrimalClash149.jpg
89 KB, 349x478
>>25921000
>>25920981
My favorite FA
>>
>>25923915
Or shit, even single packs would be cool.
>>
>>25923915
Try eBay, Amazon, Collectorscache. Why are you trying to get the pokekyun box anyways?
>>
>>25923958
As well as several others. They will also make good trading fodder.
>>
File: Wonder_energy.jpg (74 KB, 431x599) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_energy.jpg
74 KB, 431x599
What's the collective term for these special energies, /tcgo/? SolidBlack energy?
>>
>>25923999
Why japanese over english though?
>>
>>25924293
Not him, but Japanese cards are higher quality. Better paper/cardboard, better foil, better texture. It's practically a completely different card on a manufacturing level.
>>
>>25924293
I want both, actually. I just recently got a huge desire for some foreign cards was all, and I figured I might as well get the super cute set.

>>25924309
If this is true I want it more now.
>>
>>25923690
couldn't agree more. Like the desktop version is always a shitty client with shitty functionality and shitty connection. But the last three weeks it's been truly abysmal. We are such fucking addicts to keep putting up with such actual crap.
>>
Fuck servers are down

Anyone think M-Alakazam will be a good deck?
>>
>>25924678
Better than M Mewtwo.
Questionably decent matchup against Night March, but probably not decent enough.
It's definitely Tier 3 at the very least, it might make it to 2 or 1.
>>
>>25924678
We just don't know. If NM is still around post rotation, there's no hope for the psyquic king , yeah damage spread is good but the prize trade and weakness is still a pain in the ass.
>>
Any good errata to save this unhealthy meta?
>>
>>25924753
Trump card
>>
I pulled a Darkrai ex and a Greninja Break from a booster, which one should I build a deck around?
>>
>>25924753
Name a healthier meta and explain.
>>
>>25924838
Greninja, its a super fun deck and because you only use (if you chose to) shaymin-EX its a deck where you opponent is only taking 1 prize if they kill you
>>
Im coming from MTG and I really like the idea of this game, seems comfy while still being challenging.
Is the online client paying? As if can I buy boosters online?
Do you recommend building a night march deck as my first? I heard people quit on you when they see it.
Which of the starter decks you build into the most Tempo based?

thanks!
>>
>>25925164
>Is the online client paying? As if can I buy boosters online?

ATM Only in canada, though they're charging real life booster prices. Your best bet is to go on ebay and keep an eye on big lits eg, 90code cards and bid for around ÂŁ25 (insert your home currency) but and try not to pay more than 35p per code card. My last 3 purchases have been 90+ codes for 20,25,17 quid respectively. So its much cheaper. Plus its easy to order from overseas as you can just get them to send the codes over Ebay messenger.

>Which of the starter decks you build into the most Tempo based?

In the start you do various bullshit things to get free packs and stuff, however you're probably best to use the guide at the top of the general to find out more about what your best path of action is when starting the game.
>>
>>25925164
You literally can't spend money in the client. Physical packs come with a code in them that you redeem online. People sell these code cards for $0.25-$0.45 each on sites like ebay, or less if you buy bulk.
Most of the progress is done through trading though, so I hope you have a hooked nose.

Night March is the current Tier 1 deck that everyone hates.
Unlike other card games, Pokemon starter decks have zero competitive value. Only some very specific ones have even a single competitively viable card in them, and none of them have anything of value.

I don't remember the five archtypes specifically so I'm not too sure which one Tempo was. Pokemon is very different from MtG, though, so don't be surprised if things don't transfer over very well.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 312x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 312x441
>>25923196
Ho-oh cards are some of the best looking.
>>
>>25925212
>>25925225
>buying boosters irl
oh Ive heard of this, neat idea. Any recommendations on where to get physical cards? Trollandtoad?
>>
>>25925153
How many Greninja breaks should I be running? Only one?

I'm kinda new to this game.
>>
>>25925260
If your intention is to only play online, don't buy packs.
Packs cost $4, and the code card inside sell for $0.25-$0.45 each.
T&T normally has some inflated prices. eBay's going to be your best bet.
>>
File: gren.png (27 KB, 404x591) Image search: [Google]
gren.png
27 KB, 404x591
>>25925275
Here's a list that won States.
>>
>>25925075
This meta only consist in NM vs NM counters
>>
>>25925366
That wasn't what I asked.
>>
>>25925164
Build a deck astound a type or Pokemon you like that's usable.

Dark: Darkrai, Malamar, Yveltal, Zoroark
Fighting: Lucario, Landorus, Hawlucha, Garchomp, Gallade
Water: Manaphy, Palkia, Gyarados, Greninja, Regice
Fire: Entei, Charizard, (Typhlosion?)
Psychic: Trevenant, Gengar, Aegislash, Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Hoopa
Electric: Joltik, Manectric, Raikou, Raichu, Magnezone
Grass: Sceptile, Vespiquen, Ariados
Steel/Metal: Metagross, Registeel, Jirachi, Bronzong
Dragon: Giratina, Reshiram, Hydreigon, Tyrantrum
Fairy: Gardevoir, Xerneas, Florges, Aromatisse
Colorless: Shaymin, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Altaria

There are plenty of other useable Pokemon and interesting fun decks to make, too. This is just a few off the top of my head. Pick a Pokemon or type and find deck lists online that have the Pokemon.
>>
>>25925416
>Build a deck astound a type
Discard this advice immediately. This does not work on a competitive level and you'll be left with a useless deck that can't win tournaments without sacking.

Pick a specific Pokemon you like and build around that. All the Pokemon this posts lists are fine, and there are plenty others. But please, please do not put together an ass deck filled with random X-type Pokemon and garbage ratios.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-one/
Here are some tournament-winning decks for an example of what should be put together. Note that the variety is misrepresented, Night March is currently sitting near a 40% WR on the States level and the next best deck is around 15%.
>>
>>25925416
>>25925450
ty!
Im looking at some of the losing decks. Control (denying your oponents tools/cards) seems pretty big as well.
How do you get around this since they seem to also affect you?
>>
>>25923919
i'm honestly not a fan of it, the pink electric sparks and japanese text ruins it for me. too much going on for me

>>25923196
i can agree this is a great looking card though
>>
>>25925491
There are only three item-lock cards that matter; Seismitoad, Trevenant, and Vileplume. Only Vileplume affects both players, but it has the advantage of sitting on the bench. If you play Vileplume, you use a card like AZ to put it back in your hand on your turn, play your items, then evolve it immediately with Forest of Giant Plants.

Against it, both Trevenant and Vileplume get disabled by Hex Maniac. There's no out to Seismitoad, but it only hits for like 50 a turn so you can deal with it.
>>
>>25925450
Oh yeah, good point. Don't do single type decks.

>>25925491
Usually control decks rely on the speed of special energy cards such as Double Colorless and Double Dragon. Or through abilities.
You can nullify ability a with the Garbodor from BreakPoint, or the Hex Maniac supporter card. You can discard special energy with the non-generations box promo Jirachi, the items Enhanced Hammer and Crushing Hammer, or the supporter cards Team Flare Grunt and Xerosic.
If none of those work, use Lysandre to disrupt your opponents opportunities to disrupt you.
>>
>>25925326
Thanks!
>>
File: faffy.jpg (93 KB, 788x722) Image search: [Google]
faffy.jpg
93 KB, 788x722
>downtime
>>
>>25925568
thanks! seems really fun.
is Octillery a must have for every deck? What are other must haves? I see Birch, Lysandre, ultra ball, shaymin ex a lot.

I'm guessing these are all expensive
>>
Oh thank god it's up again.
>>
>>25925716
>Birch
about $2.49 each (only need 1-2 some people run 3)
>Lysandre
roughly $0.70 and up (only need at most 2)
>ultra ball
$0.60 and up (run 3-4 in all decks)
>Shaymin Ex
$40.00 roughly (at least 1, better to have 2)

Shaymin is getting a Japanese reprint and it's likely we'll get it too
>>
>>25925716
>What are other must haves?
Depends on the deck, but generally speaking in your card collection you should have
at least 1 Hex Maniac
at least 1 Skyla
3-4 VS Seeker
3-4 Sycamore
3-4 Ultra Ball
Also if your deck runs at least 10 basic energies it's a good idea to run 3-4 Max Elixir

VS Seeker is the only expensive staple other than Shaymin costing you roughly $10 each or maybe a play set for $35 on ebay
>>
File: Bait Aius.jpg (127 KB, 1500x1153) Image search: [Google]
Bait Aius.jpg
127 KB, 1500x1153
>>25925762
Would someone really do this
Just go on the internet and tell lies
>>
Pulled a Flareon-Ex from a pack I bought today

>tfw no Flareon-ex on ptcgo
>>
>>25925774
>>25925816

Thanks for the advice!
Im looking at first decks to build towards. I see a Noivern Gengar Creep show deck that destroys the bench.
Is that one fun and viable or just a gimmick?
>>
>>25924753
If trump card came back the game could be saved.
>>
>>25925836
Gimmick for the most part

If you want a really solid standard deck that'll survive the rotation build an Yveltal deck
Outside of that I'd say either go for Greninja Break, Trevenant Break, or wait for the new expansion
>>
>>25925836
>Is that one fun and viable or just a gimmick?
I have a viable version of that deck, but it's not gonna survive the rotation.
Would post if not for the FUCKING DOWNTIME
>>
>>25925889
>>25925926
oh i had no idea there were cycles like mtg. does it work similarly? Last 2-3 sets are in, new set replaces the oldest?
When is new exp?
>>
>>25925981
>does it work similarly?
Yeah, kinda. I'm not too familiar with how they work, some other anon will probably help you.
>>
>>25925981
New expansion is next month
>>
>>25925981
New expansion is May 4.

Pokemon usually rotates the oldest 3-4 sets out of standard.
>>
>>25925295
This. You can get a booster box's worth of card codes for as little as 15 dollars if you look around.
>>
>>25925275
I run 3.

I'm fairly new as well and have been having a blast with greninja break.
>>
File: regis.png (451 KB, 863x871) Image search: [Google]
regis.png
451 KB, 863x871
>this downtime
lmao this is what I call a slow start
>>
IT'S 12 PDT
>>
File: yotsuba gun2.jpg (27 KB, 400x216) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba gun2.jpg
27 KB, 400x216
>5 minutes past the hour
>Servers still not back up
>>
File: 1460409566584.jpg (465 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460409566584.jpg
465 KB, 1024x768
>>25926719
>>
>>25926719
INB4 repeat of weekends ''One last bug XD'' and it was like 5 hours of extra downtime
>>
It's online
>>
File: shinji cup.jpg (22 KB, 306x273) Image search: [Google]
shinji cup.jpg
22 KB, 306x273
>Uncommon chest
T-thanks
>>
File: 1459911701130.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1459911701130.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>Stuck at 8%
>>
I like watching opening videos, but is there anyone on YouTube that does these that AREN'T fucking annoying?
I want to kill ThePokeCapital.
>>
>>25919105
Greninja is a shame, but BKP Greninja is pretty good. Shadow Stitch and the second move are really good for just one energy.
>>
>>25921252
Well post pics dude. I want to remember when I bought mine from Blockbuster like 80 years ago.
>>
Are the servers really offline again? What the fuck?
>>
>trade filters aren't fixed after two consecutive scheduled maintenances
L O L
>>
>>25927127
It's also great for dodging Team Flare Grunt, Crushing Hammer, and Slowking's Royal Flash ability
>>
>>25925836
these anons are giving good advice. but just something to point out is that the RL competitive meta is very different to the online client meta. Like, you could build any half assed attempt of a deck with reasonable thought and it will do you just fine for online and getting more tourney wins and more packs to get more wins. So that Noivern Creep show will be fun and cheap and will get wins on there. Lately I've been playing an Absol/Sharpedo deck which would just die in RL but online it's fine and wins lots.

But the competitive RL meta is a lot more difficult and unforgiving and for the most part, has less than 20 top tier decks and variations on each. Kind of stale, and not all that much room for new ideas like there is on the client. You can find these decks on pokemon.com, pokebeach, theCharizardLounge or here is a good (if slightly dated) place: http://pokeplayer.com/topdecks/standard/

Noivern/Gengar does not fit this category, but for online and a good little intro to getting used to what you will be coming up against, it's just fine.
>>
The shop is dead again.
>>
So been playing for a bit over a year now and Fates Collide will be the first prerelease I go to since my schedule finally allows me to. What is the general strategy for building and playing a 40 card deck with random stuff you draw?
>>
File: Screenshot (15).png (1010 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (15).png
1010 KB, 1366x768
>Shop goes down
FUCK
>Get a furious fists pack from daily
>Get this

Pretty nice
>>
File: WE.jpg (23 KB, 182x494) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
23 KB, 182x494
kek
Which one of you fags was this
>>
File: 1457037153731.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1457037153731.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
Who /buyingaboosterboxnextmonth/ here?
I know it is way cheaper to buy singles, but with a new set I want to have some fun.
>>
>>25927581

Yea I already have one reserved at my LGS. Depending on how much hobby money I have budgeted I always buy 1 or 2 booster boxes when a new set comes out, because it is just fun to open a bunch of packs. After that I buy singles of whatever I still need for decks.
>>
File: 1454615778198.jpg (91 KB, 862x500) Image search: [Google]
1454615778198.jpg
91 KB, 862x500
>>25927636
I'll preorder mine at my local Cool Stuff this Sunday. I can't fucking WAIT.
>>
>>25927581
I just wish boxes were as good as they used to be. With every set before Ancient Origins you had a pretty good chance to get your money back, but each set since then has tanked in value.
>>
>>25927581
I will have to see how much they cost.
I just bought a box as I forgot there was an expansion coming out.
>>
Booster boxes are more than singles?
>>
>>25927703
95 Obamas.
>>
>>25927714
what
>>
>>25927718
I'm UK so need to see ÂŁ
>>
>>25927734
67 Camerons
>>
>>25927734
According to this britbong card dealer
https://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/pokemon-c1250/xy-fates-collide-booster-box-pre-order-p226239
77 beatles.
>>
>>25927749
That's just a straight conversion. Things are usually more expensive here.

I guess it'll be +80 quid.
>>
>>25927721
nevermind I'm an idiot, I thought singles meant buying packs individually lol I'm dumb
>>
>>25927797
Well then to answer your question, yes, a booster box is cheaper than 36 individual packs. By a decent amount.
>>
>>25927581
Preordering a case with friends.
>>
Is 1 pack for an EX generally a fair trade? For example Ampharos EX for a Breakpoint pack?
>>
>>25927978
>an EX
Stop thinking in generic terms. The type of card it is has absolutely no bearing on its value.
FA Ampharos EX shouldn't be worth more than a pack.
>>
>>25927978
Depends on the EX and the pack
Just because a card is EX doesn't mean its good.
>>
File: 0 mill.png (892 KB, 1270x706) Image search: [Google]
0 mill.png
892 KB, 1270x706
How bad do you have to be for you to deck out while using a mill deck?
>>
>>25923915
Different anon here, I've been looking at a box for ages but never ended up buying one. The price listed on AmiAmi is like half the price of what I can find it for on eBay. I do, however, want the cute as fuck binder that comes with it and found someone on ebay selling the Premium pack for US$49.84. Is it worth it? I'm going to Japan in a few months anyway, would I just be better off trying to find one then?
>>
>>25925926
Anon if you're around I'd love to see your deck. I have one myself and I'm looking for avdice on Trainers
>>
>>25928434
>I'd love to see your dick
lewd

I'm not that anon, but I run something similar. Show me what you got.
>>
Is that HG/SS bundle in the store worth or is HG/SS packs going out of rotation with the next set?
>>
>>25928496
HG/SS is already out of rotation for the gamemodes that matter

Also it's not really worth it.
>>
File: gengar.png (966 KB, 1286x746) Image search: [Google]
gengar.png
966 KB, 1286x746
>>25928434
Not him, but Gengar doesn't actually pair well with Noivern. Problem is, Noivern has a high energy cost, requires a lot of setup, eats up your attack for the turn, isn't a particularly bulky Pokemon considering the previous points, and then you're juggling two separate attackers, one of which is a Stage 2 and the other a Stage 1. And, if you're going to bother with Noivern at all, then instead of fumbling with a Stage 2 Gengar, it's a lot smoother to just run the Break and swing for 170 anyways.

I would personally pair Gengar with Bats. Doesn't eat up a turn, sets up more efficiently, can attack for free to set up Creep Show, the list goes on. Pic related is something I put together for you really quickly.
>>
File: mmanectric.png (1 MB, 1600x903) Image search: [Google]
mmanectric.png
1 MB, 1600x903
Just finished all trainer challenges and got this. Also got FA Korrina so that's nice.
>>
>>25928579
nice, that's like half of a NM deck
>>
gonna be a shit ton of cards this weekend. would anyone be interested if I streamed me opening them?
>>
>>25928577
>>25928434
I run gengar+bats+feraligatr(rarecandie'd) for an extra threat.
It's not as fast as gangar and bats, but it works better for me
>>
File: Schoolshooterpants.jpg (298 KB, 1080x1255) Image search: [Google]
Schoolshooterpants.jpg
298 KB, 1080x1255
>>25928606
AHHHHHHH ITS SAD BECAUSE ITS *kind of* TRUE
>>
>>25928458
Since it cut the bottom off
2 Sycamore
3 Tierno
2 Wally
4 DD Energy
5 Dark
6 Psychic

Pretend those Fisherman are Dimension Valleys and Gengar EX is getting cut soon too I think
>>
>>25928577
That looks really good, plus it isn't fucked by Fairy. Thanks.
>>
File: 80NRE1e.png (754 KB, 991x605) Image search: [Google]
80NRE1e.png
754 KB, 991x605
>>25928785
Thanks for uploading my file 4chan
>>
File: 113748_200w.jpg (26 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
113748_200w.jpg
26 KB, 200x279
How many packs could I get for this? Also, what about the FA Pikachu EX?
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (16).png
1 MB, 1366x768
WTF lmao, just bought that HGSS Bundle and pulled amazing, if it was trade able of course.

1/3
>>
File: Screenshot (17).png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (17).png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>25928906
2/3
>>
File: Screenshot (18).png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (18).png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>25928920
3/3
>>
>>25928892
>Pikachu EX FA
fucking kill me, meant the Generations Pikachu FA
>>
>>25928892
If you are lucky, one.
>>
>>25929049
Rough, so the online pricing depends more so on the competitive viability?
>>
>>25929066
Almost every single Standard card in the game is 1-2 packs at absolute most. You can count the exceptions on one hand.
>>
>>25929093
Cool thanks. Also, something that has me confused is the number "2" underneath the ten card packs when I go to trade. Why can't I just ask for one pack? Sorry if this is a retarded question
>>
>>25929149
NO I'M RETARDED DON'T MIND ME
>>
>tfw win my first tournament

Did it with the zapdos roaring skies deck, pretty much put all my faith in getting zapdos and energy out right away and win, and it happened.
>>
HGSS cards had the best design and aesthetic.
>>
>>25929399
i respectfully disagree
>>
>>25929399
Art on the HGSS cards were beautiful. I would have loved FA on many of the HGSS cards.
>>
What's a good fairy type deck?

Is there a good fairy deck? I like Xerneas
>>
I like how no matter what deck I play I always get the worst possible start whereas my opponent gets the best.
>>
>>25928785
>>25928822
hey anon, you still here?
>>
>>25929808
Yep, been looking for more Wallys
>>
>>25929824
aight
That gengar EX is a risky play, you can't switch it around as easily and it fits wonkily into the sinergy you're going for.
btw >>25928577 is totally right, noivern isn't really doing wonders there. Got some bats?
>>
>>25929919
No bats yet, unfortunately. And Gengar EX is getting cut, yeah.
>>
>>25927636
I read this as Local Gun Store and didnt even realize until 3 posts later.
>>
>>25929937
You know what, I'll give you my bats. I barely use em anyways. What's your username?
>>
>>25929983
Hyperdudeman, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>25929979

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody opened a combination gun shop and game store where I live. It would probably do pretty well actually.
>>
>waste 4 tickets to enter a theme tournament
>draw only a basic and energies
>opponent KOs my one basic and wins

every fucking time
why do i even try
>>
>>25930147
>draw only a basic and energies
how in the fuck
theme decks are full of pokemon
>>
>>25930177
it's either that or I'll draw a basic and a bunch of stage 1/2s that don't evolve from that Pokemon
>>
>>25930193
Get the regirock + ariados deck.
It's instawin unless you play against a mono grass deck
>>
Anyone else consistently getting things like Shaymin/Jirachi/support mon starts and all your energy/VS Seekers/useless cards as your starting hand? Just had the same starting hand exactly 2 games in a row and a slight variant a third.
>>
>>25930255
>Anyone else consistently getting things like Shaymin/Jirachi/support mon starts and all your energy/VS Seekers/useless cards as your starting hand? Just had the same starting hand exactly 2 games in a row and a slight variant a third.

well I did have a game yesterday where I managed to draw all four of my VS Seekers within 1-2 turns. was a pretty shit game
>>
>>25929983
>I'll give you my bats
what the fuck
>>
>>25930255
>open Sycamore, 4 VS Seeker, Unown as my only basic, and another Sycamore
>this has happened TWICE in a row

just end my life fampai
>>
>>25930375
>Unown
your fault t.b.h.
>>
Does it prioritize untradable/locked packs over regular ones when opening packs?

And or, is there a way to open only my locked packs?
>>
File: 1433871020427.png (47 KB, 928x694) Image search: [Google]
1433871020427.png
47 KB, 928x694
>roll nothing but energy and basics the entire game
>all I can do is stall his zapdos with my gastly's sleep poison
>he just absolutely cannot fucking break it
>when he does, he can only chip me for 20 damage with drill peck
>watch him heal his zapdos over and over in an endless loop of healing, sleeping and poisoning

>get a message
>"is this really how you play the game dude"
>his zapdos fails another coin flip
>I finally get an aegislash and evolve that shit
>he forfeits

If you're here, stranger, I want you to know that I laughed at you. I laughed the entire time.
>>
>>25930466
yes, it does.
>>
>people not quitting after one win in the Legacy tournies causing the pack deliveries to be 30 minutes apart

Just fuck me up.
>>
>>25930943
ah?
>>
>>25930966
You win your first match and quit so you get your call of legends pack quicker. Everyone should do this since LT is worthless. Then people don't and play out 20 minute matches. I just got my pack about 30 minutes after I left.
>>
>>25930975
oh
well, yeah, people like to be the very best
>>
Is there any pokemon that has the ability to heal the bench like 10 or something before attacking?
>>
>>25931060
the whole bench?
I don't think so
>>
>Legacy tournament fills up so fucking slow

God damn it. Put fucking HGSS in the shop, please.
>>
>>25931113
Yeah I was thinking of like running a zapdos deck the one that does 40 damage to a benched mon, in combination of roaring seas. But I guess I would only need it to heal pokemon a turn for 10. I'm just brainstorming ways to use Zapdos cause its my favourite.
>>
>>25931244
Use that 40 dmg on unown?
Have a Mr. Mime in your bench?
>>
Is there a non sketchy place I can get the TCGO apk file. I made the mistake of buying a kindle so no google play.
>>
>>25931419
>non sketchy place
>for direct .apk downloads
kek
>>
>>25931244
For the sake of things, you could play expanded and run the stupid as fuck Agility Trick Coin deck with Zapdos-EX.
>>
>>25929646
The closest thing to a good fairy deck right now is M Gardevoir/Babby Xerneas/Aromatisse
Some people have had luck with Dragonbox, which is just dragons starring aromatisse to move around double dragon energies.
>>
I really hate how reverse energy is harder to pull IRL than reverse rares out of generations.
>>
>>25931577
>The closest thing to a good fairy deck right now is M Gardevoir/Babby Xerneas/Aromatisse
nigga what

>>25929646
shiny garden thing deck is super viable
>>
>>25931628
>shiny garden thing
What?
>>
>>25931736
Fairy garden maybe?
>>
>>25931750
That's literally every single deck which uses fairy energy though.

That's like calling a deck "Dimensional Valley" or "Rough Seas"
>>
Power creation xerneas which is just a weaker mega fug
>>
>>25931889
It's actually a stronger Mega Fug but with less support and a much harder setup.
>>
>>25931919
Consistency should be accounted into power though. An attack that costs [W][C] for 40 damage would be less viable than something that costs [C][C] for 30.
>>
>>25931919
So.... a weaker mega fug?
>>
File: darkrai ex.jpg (306 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
darkrai ex.jpg
306 KB, 324x450
So aside from the fact that FAs are just awesome, why are so many people asking for this?
>>
>>25932362
Second attack is super good, it's 160 damage (180 with a muscle band) for [D][C][C].
That's like a 2-turn setup (1 turn in expanded thanks to dark patch) for a basic to start OHKOing everything that isn't a mega. It's one of the more popular meta decks at the moment.
>>
File: 1455909235629.jpg (71 KB, 950x730) Image search: [Google]
1455909235629.jpg
71 KB, 950x730
>>25932439
Do you have a deck list you can share?
>>
why wont anyone trade the Bianca full art card on the public trade reeeeeee
>>
>>25932833
because they probably feel like they worked pretty hard to get it?
>>
FUCK THIS STUPID FUCKING GAME

I've never been so mad playing a game before, I'm laddering theme, and its a basic green mirror match, I start with Quiladan, AND Chesnaught in hand, with Seedot as my starter allowing me to call to family chespin, I thought I was in good position, NO the opponent also started with the full line, but he top decks Tierno, Prof Letter, double colourless, AND Vs Seeker for another Tierno. I get fucking destroyed. UGHHHH Its been like this all day, I just need another 10 wins befoer the ladder resets but I really don't want to. Whats the best deck?
>>
File: Dankrai.png (583 KB, 1029x630) Image search: [Google]
Dankrai.png
583 KB, 1029x630
>>25932531
not him but this is the deck I run for funsies on the ladder
>>
>>25932862
>theme format is dominated by RNG
stop the presses
>>
My client says that there's two days left before the ladder resets, is that right? I've had instances where it's bugged out with time remaining before
>>
>>25932887
Thats correct
>>
>>25932907
Dope, thanks
>>
>>25932862
your basic training has finished.

now you know the universal truth about this game, your deck is the worst enemy.
>>
File: 1426734116275.gif (1 MB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
1426734116275.gif
1 MB, 400x227
>Running LostGar in Legacy.

Good lord, I've forgotten how much fun it can be stealing a win from your opponent just because they weren't paying attention to what you were throwing into the Lost Zone.
>>
should I buy the HS triumphant pack on the shop?

I kinda want it but god damn 1265 tokens.
>>
>>25933046

Just wait until later today, the bundle is only good if you play Legacy and it isn't one of the good ones.
>>
>>25933073
Ok, I don't play legacy, I'll wait for the next big deal.
>>
Generations packs still worth cracking online? They are at about 3 pack value at the moment, but some pulls from it are still exponentially outdoing the pack value.
>>
File: image.png (281 KB, 563x593) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281 KB, 563x593
>tfw no more motivation to buy Generations packs in stores since I already pulled a M Venusaur & M Charizard and Blastoise a SHIT
>>
>>25933202
>some pulls
Jolteon, and that's it. All the others are worth less than a generation pack.
>>
this is it
we are never getting a new deal again
>>
Servers shitting themselves again?
>>
Whats the new deal? I hope its some B&W shit
>>
>>25932531
try this http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/02/11/dream-team-an-introduction-to-darkrai-exhypno/
>>
File: Xerneas.png (404 KB, 696x427) Image search: [Google]
Xerneas.png
404 KB, 696x427
>>25929646
M-Gardevoir is the one you'll see most. Pic related is a build I made because Xerneas-EX is great for fucking up Night Marchers. It's old and dated though.

There is also a Sylveon EX build won a states recently but it's not amazing or anything.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-two/
>>
File: leregis.gif (88 KB, 900x400) Image search: [Google]
leregis.gif
88 KB, 900x400
>win final tournament round with my regis deck against a pyroar deck
My dick is literally diamonds right now
>>
File: cuhrazee hammer.png (111 KB, 418x97) Image search: [Google]
cuhrazee hammer.png
111 KB, 418x97
I don't understand this. Does this mean the special condition is removed before or after attacking?
Like, I can only use the bonus damage when machamp is confused/poisoned/burned, right?
>>
>>25934954
The effect is applied when the attack is over.
>>
So, here's a question. If Greninja BKP attacks, using Shadow Stitching, a Raikou BKT with an Electric energy attached to it, does it inflict 40 or 20 damage?
>>
>>25934992
Damage is calculated before the effect. So the damage is done, then reduced by Raikou's ability, and then the effect is applied that negates abilities.
>>
File: baddeck.jpg (108 KB, 823x505) Image search: [Google]
baddeck.jpg
108 KB, 823x505
Heard people talking about this deck at my locals but I can't seem to find a list so I made a shitty one

Help
>>
File: POKEDUDE.jpg (23 KB, 184x258) Image search: [Google]
POKEDUDE.jpg
23 KB, 184x258
Print in English when?
>>
tfw WOTC will never print english cards again
>>
File: Steaming Mad.jpg (80 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
Steaming Mad.jpg
80 KB, 500x555
>>25934954
>>
>>25934884
Pathetic
>>
If I were to buy a booster box to make a fun deck to play with friends but still be standard legal, which one is the most bang for buck? Breakpoint?
>>
>>25936278
buy singles. breakpoint has pretty terrible pulls.
>>
>>25936278
yeah what >>25936388 said but if you really want to buy a box get Roaring Skies if you can find one
>>
>>25936388
we want to just play for fun do some sort of draft, so we are all splitting on a box
>>
>>25936278
Break Point would be solid because max elixir, skyla, delinquent, fury belt, all night party
The pokemon are good with greninja, trevenant, manaphy, gyarados, darkrai, hypno
>>
Expanded has more cards than Standard right? Is there a way to check what in my deck is illegal for standard?
>>
File: FILTERS.png (226 KB, 665x697) Image search: [Google]
FILTERS.png
226 KB, 665x697
>>25936499
Standard includes all packs from XY-on.
Expanded is Standard, plus all packs from BW-on.
>>
>>25936402
roaring skies would probably be the most playable box
>>
Oof! Milotic sleeve sellers on suicide watch
>>
>>25936206
what
>>
File: trading.png (147 KB, 858x555) Image search: [Google]
trading.png
147 KB, 858x555
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>25936974
nah
>>
fuck night march
what's a good counter to night march?
>>
>>25937085
lol
>>
>>25937085
Playing Night March better
>>
>Pulled a FA Mega Gardevoir from a daily challenge booster

Nice
>>
>>25936974
You should have gotten a little more.
Maybe if those were RS pack I would say yes, but I'm not sure how low it's value has dropped.
>>
>>25937085
Vileplume
Trevenant
Greninja
Seismitoad
>>
Hi this is my first deck I have ever made, would love some guidance. I think I will try to get 1 more Ampharos EX, and get rid of muscle band and add another fury belt. Zapdos either ohko's or 2hko's anyway so I don't think muscle band is that neccessary, while the extra 40 hp really help it live a lot of hits from various EX mons, and that extra 10 damage lets me kill 130hp mons.
>>
File: First Deck1.png (1 MB, 1180x748) Image search: [Google]
First Deck1.png
1 MB, 1180x748
>>25937658
forgot the image doh

Also I don't know what other mons to use if any. Is there any pokemon that synergize with self inflicting damage?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.