[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you feel about this Mega? I think it has a really, really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Mega_beedrill[1].png (150 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
Mega_beedrill[1].png
150 KB, 400x480
What do you feel about this Mega?

I think it has a really, really great design and I appreciate that stats that were min-maxed but that could be a negative for some people. Plus it's really obvious what its moveset is going to be.

But I think it really encapsulates what a Mega evolution should be
>>
>>25909154
In what way was it getting min-maxed bad for anyone?
>>
Yes, this is what it should bee.

>BEE
>LIKE BEEDRILL
JAJAJAJAJAJA
>>
>>25909169
Some people might be salty their favorite mega wasn't min-maxed to hell and back
>>
>>25909154
I think it's one of the best designed Megas we've ever had. The artist took Beedrill's average design and did something spectacular with it. I'm grateful he's on board and hope he does more designs.
>>
>>25909171
Kill yourself fucking beaner.
>>
>>25909154
Butterfree is better, who actually used a Beedrill?
>>
Turned a pokemon I was indifferent to into a pokemon I love, so it looks good in my book.
>>
>>25909187
Stay bothererd white boy
>>
>>25909189
Apparently Arin Hanson is the only one that used a Beedrill
>>
>>25909189
Minmax a mega butterfree right now
>>
>>25909195
I am sorry Pedro, it's just that my fucking lawn is pissing me off, would you care to help me with it please?
Don't worry, I am not like most people, I will pay you minimum wage for it.
>>
>>25909189
butterfag fan
Beedrill>butterfag
>>
>>25909171
fucking mexicans
>>
It makes me sad the mega's speed doesn't instantly activate. I will never use protect on my beedrill, I don't care how vital it is
>>
>>25909205
60/15/50/150/80/140
Bug/psychic or bug/fairy and give it a special u-turn
>>
>>25909171
JUEJUEJUEJUE
>>
>>25909189
I used a Beedrill back in Red. Twineedlin' all the way up to the Champ.
>>
>>25909212
That's a big allowance
>>
>>25909205
HP 60
Atk 45 --> 15 (-30)
Def 50 --> 90 (+40)
SpA 90 --> 140 (+50)
SpD 80
Spe 70 --> 110 (+40)

Bug/Psychic
Ability: Tinted Lens
>>
>>25909252
Nah, keep compound eyes for accurate sleep powder
>>
>>25909249
You migh be trying to make a joke, but I find it funny that kids get more money out of their parents than mexicans.
No wonder your country is a pile of shit.
>>
>>25909189
Most people. It was one of the few pokemon that could strike psychic types for dependable SE damage with STAB, and the high speed in gen 1 meant it crit often. With a multi-striking signature in pin missile that meant more crits and more hits than you could get elsewhere. Weedle and Kakuna were also superior battlers to Caterpie and Metapod by a long shot with their status laying and STAB boost. Butterfree was hot garbage until it could get Gust, Psybeam and Sleep Powder all in the same moveset, which took most of its levels of usefulness -- unless you were playing RB instead of Y, in which case you had to depend on shit moves like Whirlwind and Supersonic instead of Gust or blow TMs by the pound on a shitmon with lower speed and health than its counterpart (not to mention worse typing.) By the same level we were talking about earlier, Beedrill was getting the then-OP combination of Pin Missile, Agility, Focus Energy, and Rage. The TM list for Beedrill also included major buffs like Swords Dance, Double Team, Hyper Beam, and Swift.

The easiest way to tell if a kid was shit-tier anime fan or pro-tier game fan is where they stood on Beedrill vs. Butterfree. If you were bad at the game and watched lots of anime you might be tricked into thinking Butterfree was worth training beyond the bare minimum needed to catch 'em all.
>>
>>25909249
4u
>>
>>25909275
You wouldn't run Sleep Powder on the Mega. It's a sweeper set, with something like Bug Buzz, Psychic, Quiver Dance, Roost. Tinted Lens prevents you from getting walled by Steel types. Having Compound Eyes for one move is a bit silly, but then again GF did the same thing with Mega Pidgeot.
>>
>>25909252

I'd love it if butterfree got moonblast and became bug/fairy. That would be practically all you need, because a tinted lens moonblast does neutral damage against everything except heatran I believe. Maybe others, but I'm too lazy to think now.

Hidden power ground for coverage, and base butterfree's compound eyes/sleep powder gets you a free turn of setup.
>>
File: 1448553194593.jpg (43 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1448553194593.jpg
43 KB, 720x720
What about a special-bug version of Extreme Speed?
>>
>>25909336
Kill u r self
>>
>>25909298

Getting a free turn of set up isn't bad once your opponent switches the sleeping pokemon out.

If you have tinted lens, psychic doesn't really do much that bug buzz can't. I guess there's hawlucha, heatran, and some steel/fairies, but hidden power ground should be the other coverage move. I don't quite know if that mega butterfree's stats are worth using roost, it's still pretty frail even after quiver dance
>>
>>25909222
This is literally the only problem I find with this design. Then again some people love predicting a switch into mega evolve and shit. Same reason I run fake out on mega lopunny most of the time. I know it makes people go nuts but I rather have that and make a safe mega transition than not
>>
>>25909355
I had Skarmory in mind, which is a pretty big one
>>
>>25909289
Butterfree helps against Brock and you can use it to put things to sleep.
>>
>>25909446
Butterfree is shit against brock by and large
>but muh confusion
There are better options. Like, I dunno, fucking Mankey? And much, MUCH, MUUUUUCH more effective sleepers.
>>
>>25909662
>Mankey
underage b&
>>
>Obvious
Just toss a web instead of protect.
Works everytime.
>>
>>25909747
Why underage? Manley is in Yellow, desu I'd rather use a Nidoran or a Butterfree instead but Low Kick still works.

...what does Beedrill do again? Poison Sting? Lol
>>
>>25909790
>Manley is in Yellow
Exactly. Everything after Red/Blue is underage b&
>>
>>25909747
He was an early route monster in Pokemon Red you little shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>25909926
You can't get Mankey before Brock in Red, Green, or Blue. Only in Yellow and FRLG.
>>
File: Mega Tier List - UPDATED.png (1 MB, 1000x2899) Image search: [Google]
Mega Tier List - UPDATED.png
1 MB, 1000x2899
>>25909154
He's definitely an amazing Mega design.
>>
>>25910025
>Update
I was going to bitch about your tiers but this is actually pretty accurate

I'd swap Sceptile and Lopunny though.
>>
>>25910025
Objective wrong from the viewpoint of every convention in visual design in the West
>>
>>25910025
M-Pidgeot should be moved up
>>
>>25911616
Pidgeot's mega look pretty shitty. It add barely to nothing that make it look like more powerful/badass.
>>
>>25910025
>still not liking Mega Slowbro and Mega Kangaskhan
Are you some sort of plebeian?
>>
>>25911653
It doesn't change the deisgn to something needlessly complex or completely different like everything else in Low Tier. It makes the crest of it far more elegant and adds nice color tones to the wings and tailfeathers. Still completely Pidgeot
>>
>>25910025
I wish I could see what everyone else on this fucking board can see in Mega Pinsir

it's eyes are shit, it's wings are shit and it's stupid arm-wings are shit
>>
>>25911698
Mega designs are supposed to look super saiyan. Pidgeot's mega didn't do it.
>>
>>25909154
Design-wise it looks super dope but it gives off a kinda robot vibe which makes it look like a Digimon (Waspmon).
>>
>>25910025
Mega sharpedo was a mistake.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 800x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 800x733
>>25911744
>supposed to look super saiyan
>>
>>25911698
It barely changes the design at all. Gettng a really long feather doesn't really convey any sort of power-up, but you're right in that it doesn't change the design. Pidgey to Pidgeotto to Pidgeot is "it just gets bigger" epitomized so it makes sense for the Mega to barely change either. The only worse offenders are Grimer and Poliwhirl
>>
example of a mega done right

looks good, and boosts a horrible mons stats accordingly
>>
>>25909289
is this b8

in gen1:

-multi hit moves will either be all crit or not

-focus energy literally does not work

-rage is incredibly gimmicky and is also bugged

-every threatening psychic type outspeeds bee and ohkos it

also beedrill is doing pretty much nothing from brock through misty because it can't touch onix and is hard pressed to take a bubblebeam at 45 special

i like beedrill too but as a kid there was no way i was going to bother grinding it up with the rest of the mons
>>
>>25909189
Actual good psychic bug when?
Similar buffed mega for free when?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.