[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choose 4 to become Pokken Tournament DLC characters. Hard mode:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17
File: pokkendlc.png (1 MB, 1000x930) Image search: [Google]
pokkendlc.png
1 MB, 1000x930
Choose 4 to become Pokken Tournament DLC characters.

Hard mode: each choice must be one of the four types: Standard, Power, Technique, Speed.
>>
>>25907389
What are the defining features for each type?
>>
>>25907389
Scizor: Speed
Greninja: Technique
Hawlucha: Standard
Swampert: Power
>>
scizor
heracross
greninja
gallade
remove luchachu and add hawlucha
>>
>>25907400
It's not that defined, but roughly:
>Standard
No dominant leaning in any particular area
>Power
Focusing on powering up and/or big non-combo attacks
>Technique
Focusing on buff/debuff/projectile
>Speed
A higher leaning on movement speed than in any other area
>>
>>25907389
Hawlucha - Standard
Heracross - Power
Greninja - Technique
Scizor - Speed
>>
Either of the johto bug pokemon
Lopunny
Greninja
Mawile
>>
>>25907389
Lopunny
Scizor
Greninja
Diancie
>>
Ampharos: Technique
Gallade: Speed
Scizor: Standard
>>
Gallade
Swampert
Hawlucha
Blastoise
>>
>>25907389
No fucking zoroark?!
>>
Gallade as Standard
Hawlucha as Power
Greninja as Technique
Scizor as Speed
>>
>>25907452
>scizor: speed

Gee, anon, i know you want hawlucha that much in pokken but you'rebetter than that
>>
>>25907389
Greninja must have Ashninja in burst form though :^)
>>
>>25907389
None of these, bipedalfag
>>
>Heracross
Power

>Lopunny
>Speed

>Greninja
Technique

>Hawlucha
Standard
>>
Blastoise - Technique
Lopunny - Speed
Mawile - Power
Scizor - Standard
>>
>>25907389
Lopunny: Standard
Scizor: Power
Greninja: Speed
>>
>>25907389
Hawlucha - Standard, good cover moves for both ground and aerial attacks
Swampert - Power, grab type
Mawile - Technique, sucker punchs, and heavy punish on opponent misplays
Loppuny - Speed, high amount of attacks that moves a lot and covers a lot of ground
>>
>Scizor
would be a solid standard, dont have really much options in ranged attacks but can land powerful hits from when foe's up close
>Blastoise
Big and slow, i think it would make a good Power type fighter, strong long distance projectiles and hard hits.
But since its mega adds two more canons, the moveset could be importantly changed, making it a proper technical type fighter, tanky with projectiles
>Lopunny
Can vary from standard, speedy and even aslo technical. May have a bounce-stance or somethin' that extends its moveset plus mega evo (sinergy burst) changes. Homing air attacks and air play is powerful and can be dangerous too (if we add jump kick/hi jump kick or something like that). Dizzy punch would be there.

>greninja
Speedfrog, with lots of fast, low damage projectiles and some that can be charged for more power
>>
So, so far the replies indicate a preference for Greninja, Scizor and Hawlucha, with Swampert and Gallade tied.

Interesting considering how often people talk about Heracross. Something to keep in mind is that the developers of Pokken opted to base playable Pokemon more on a particular playstyle and not actually focus on types; that's a possible reason why Greninja could have been replaced by Sceptile, who functions in a potentially very similar way. (I personally think they'd be very different).

Another interesting point is that Suicune, the only Water type, has only one Water attack: Hydro Pump, and the rest are Ice moves. Similarly it seems Charizard is considered the "Flying" rep as he has a flight stance and Garchomp and Machamp have some Rock-type moves. Meanwhile they seem to have not even noticed Bug or Normal exist.
>>
standard - staraptor
power - torterra
speed - infernape
technique - empoleon
>>
>>25907389
Pert for Power
Lopunny for Standard
Greninja for Speed
Scizor for Technique

Others I'd consider are Amphy and Heracross because we don't have enough Johto reps
>>
>>25908057
>that's a possible reason why Greninja could have been replaced by Sceptile
I don't see that at all. If anything, it feels more like Gengar took Greninja's "slot" due to taking all the shadow moves and disappearing/poofing gimmick.
>>
>>25907389

Amph - tech
Hera - power
Howl - speed
Gall- standard
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x607
>>25908071
>>
>>25907400
>Standard
Jacks of all trades go here.
>Speed
Rush down and/or combo based character, but individual hits are generally piss weak. Low-ish HP.
>Power
High damage per hit, mostly high HP (apart from Chandelure), but generally slow with low combo potential.
>Technique
Low HP and usually rely on some sort of a gimmick to trick their opponents.
>>
>>25908071
Wild Sinnohfetus appeared
>>
>>25908108
interesting choice in mon :]
>>
>>25908057
>Another interesting point is that Suicune, the only Water type, has only one Water attack: Hydro Pump, and the rest are Ice moves.
But that's bullshit. He has lots of water attacks but most of them are unnamed.
>>
>>25907758
>m-muh quadrupeds!
>>
Ampharos Power
Hawlucha Standard
Gallade Technique
Greninja Speed
>>
>Lopunny, Standard.
>Heracross, Power.
>Greninja, Speed.
>Ampharos, Technique.
>>
>>25907494

Yeah I want Ledian and Ariados too
>>
Will Pokken make it to EVO?

Share a stage with Melee?

Side stage at Melee events?

Less popular than Brawl?
>>
>>25908465
It's already confirmed for EVO

I don't expect it to stick around though.
>>
>>25907389
Heracross, Hawlucha, Ampharos, Swampert.
>>
>>25907389
Lopunny: Speed
Gallade: Standard
Heracross: Power
>>
>>25907389
Screw that. Here's my 4.

Standard: Tornadus
Power: Metagross
Technique- Hoopa Unbound
Speed- Scyther, who is way freaking cooler than Scizor.
>>
>>25907389
All of these are terrible choices.

>Blastoise:
Because we need more Genwun pandering, right?
>Swampert:
There's nothing interesting he could do that isn't already covered by Garchomp or Suicune, and Hoenbabbies only want him in to satisfy their OCD of having all the Hoenn starters.
>Greninja
He would just be a Water-type Sceptile, and he already got enough time to shine in Smash.
>Heracross:
MUH Fighting types are the only ones capable of fighting maymay. Also he looks ugly.
>Gallade:
See Heracross.
>Ampharos:
Literally who?
>Scizor:
Who cares?
>Lopunny:
Because we need more furry pandering, right?
>Hawlucha:
Literally who? Also, see Heracross.

Pokken's roster is perfectly fine. Just deal with the fact your literally who shitmons weren't popular or worthy enough to get in.
>>
>>25907452
>Scizor
>The pokemon with Technicial
>not Technical

>Greninja
>fast as fuck
>not Speed

m8
>>
File: 04239489235.png (87 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
04239489235.png
87 KB, 225x225
>>25908071
>wanting ANOTHER fire starter
>>
>>25909443
may as well finish them off

why not add typhlosion, emboar, and delphox as well?
>>
>>25909461
Fuck off Firefag. You must be at least 18 years old to post on 4chan.
>>
>>25909471
you seem distressed :]
>>
>Swampert
Power, just imagine all the ways it could swing it's bigass arms around.
>Lopunny
Technique, I'd love it if she had a few of Cammy's, Chun Li's, and Juri's moves.
>Greninja
Speed, definitely.
I can't decide between Scizor and Heracross.
>>
Who gives a shit about any of the Water starters? I'm glad none of them got into Pokken.
>>
>>25907452
>scizors speed stat is fucking awful
>fastest starter not speed
I'm sorry anon but you may be retarded
>>
Personally, I'd love a Technical Porygon-Z. Having tons of dumb bullshit pixels popping out, clipping through the ground, messing up the HUD and pretending to pause and reset the game, it'd be hilarious.
>>
File: VEGETAKEK.gif (352 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
VEGETAKEK.gif
352 KB, 500x300
>>25907389

>Scizor

Why: Because he's one of my favorite Pokemon, and if I had to choose ANY newcomer, it would be him

>Heracross

Why: He's up there with Scizor in the ambassadors of awesome bug types (The A.A.B) Everyone loves him

>Swampert

Why: I simply find it irritating how he's the only Gen 3 starter left out

>Ampharos

Why: Ampharos represents a kind of character that appears pretty slimly in Pokken: Cute, unique, non-fanservicey characters. I know Ampharos is pretty popular still, but compared to the likes of Charizard and Blaziken, he's an obscure electric type.
>>
>>25909721
>>Swampert
>Why: I simply find it irritating how he's the only Gen 3 starter left out

That makes perfect sense. He is the least popular Hoenn starter after all.
>>
Swampert
Gallade
Heracross
Loppuny
>>
>>25909425
There are 4 spaces left in the roster, so the roster is incomplete. So stop being a prick and let people speculate!
>>
File: 1454188557073.png (25 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454188557073.png
25 KB, 557x605
>>25907389

Lopunny: Standard
Greninja: Speed
Heracross: Power
Hawlucha: Technique
>>
>>25909425
Also, just deal with the fact that your opinion sucks and you should kill yourself because of it!
>>
>>25907389
Standard: Hawlucha
Technique: Scizor
Power: Swampert
Speed: Greninja

wow so hard
>>
>Standard
Darmanitan
Not actually standard, but is both power and technique, so it technically balances out. Rape ape mode if greater than 50% (power) and Zen mode if less than 50% (technique)

>Power
Slaking
Super strong attacker, but has an exhaustion gauge that will cause him to lay down after a certain number of attacks. Needs precise timing, but is extremely powerful with practice.

>Technique
Wobbufett
Based on countering and inversion of instinct in mechanics. Basically Wobbuffett discourages straight up attacking, because then the damage will be thrown back.

>Speed
Toxicroak
Fast, ninja like character. Hit and run tactics, come in, poison, get out before you get seriously hurt

Perfect balance of Gen 2,3,4,5
>>
File: image.png (653 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
653 KB, 1334x750
>>25909413
>scyther

Glorious niggah
>>
>>25907389
Ampahros, Power
Greninja, Technique
Hawlucha, Speed
Gallade, Standard
>>
File: iwata reggie dbz intro.gif (3 MB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
iwata reggie dbz intro.gif
3 MB, 425x425
>>25911795
>>25909413
These niggas know
>>
>>25907389
Greninja: Tech
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 394x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 394x389
>>25907389
>>
>>25907389
>>
>>25907579
This
>>
Gallade
Hawlucha
Lopunny
Swampert
>>
fuck greninja
>>
Diancie: Technique
Tyranitar Power
Scizor: Standard
>>
Fuck that, Scrafty is the only acceptable addition
>>
File: heliolisk_by_aishishi-d6r2qik.png (180 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
heliolisk_by_aishishi-d6r2qik.png
180 KB, 600x600
>ctrl f
>heliolisk
>0 results
How can everyone in this thread have such shit taste? He would make for an awesome fighter.
>>
Lopunny - Speed
Greninja - Technique
Blastoise - Power
Ampharos - Standard
>>
>>25907389
Standard: Scizor
Speed: Greninja
y Hawlucha es Tecnico
>>
>>25907389
Standard: Heracross
Technique: Hawlucha
Speed: Lopunny
>>
>>25907389
From this list
>Hawlucha-Standard
>Ampharos-Power
>Greninja-Tech
>Gallade-Speed

But if i could choose any pokemon it would be
>Malamar-Tech
>Hawlucha-Standard
>Metagross-Power
>Ambipom-Speed
>>
>>25907452
This. Maybe replace Greninja with Gallade but even without that this is the best list.
>>
>>25907389
Standard: Hawlucha
Technique: Scizor
Speed: Lopunny
>>
>>25907389
Swampert- Power
Scizor- Technique
Gallade- Standard
Lopunny- Speed
>>
>>25907389
Technique: Greninja
Speed: Gallade

Megas and Ash Greninja for their Bursts.
>>
File: 4545353212.png (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4545353212.png
54 KB, 1280x720
>>25909729
>Swampert
>least popular

I feel like when people quote "he is the least popular, after all" they're forcing a meme or something. based on what? anime appearances? if that's your guide then maybe.

swampert is a boss ass motherfucker and if any of the three hoenn starters was MOST popular it was blaziken, sceptile and swampert seemed on equal footing all my life. you must be about 16
>>
File: dancxen.gif (911 KB, 587x613) Image search: [Google]
dancxen.gif
911 KB, 587x613
>>25918495
>three hoenn starters in pokken

hmm...
>>
>>25918495
If Swampert was on equal footing with Sceptile, then he would have made it into Pokken. Swampert has only made a few appearances in the anime with his most major appearance being in the episode where Tucker fought Ash. Sceptile is one of Ash's main Pokémon in the anime and was able to defeat a Darkrai. Because of Swampert's lack of relevance in the anime and in spinoffs like Pokken, more people have forgotten about him and he's lost appeal. Face it. He just isn't as popular and he lacks the "cool" appeal that the other Hoenn starters have.
>>
>>25918577
knowing that annoying character got in as furbait likely over the slot swampert was going to be as a starter makes my skin crawl with rage

i wouldnt even care about the shameless furry pandering if it wasnt a character that literally only faggots play online and blast spam thinking theyre EPIC TROLLS LOL!
>>
From that list:
>Standard
Hawlucha
>Power
Swampert
>Technique
Greninja
>Speed
Lopunny

but that selection is kinda meh to me, with suicune and chandelure being things I wanna see more weirdness
Never ever list:
>Standard
Scrafty, seems really fitting and could potentially have a funny style, definitely one of the cooler mons from gen 5
>Power
Avalugg, if only for the joke on the glacier archetype but also being based around counters.
>Technique
Skarmory, imagine the trap setup shenanigans [think like Testament if anyone's played GG. I feel like sceptile and weavile have elements of this]
>Speed
Beedrill because why the fuck not?
>>
>>25918603
I can't disagree that swampert hasn't appeared in the anime, but first of all, anecdotally, so many of the people my age, kids my age picked swampert and many of the guys i know to this day who love pokemon prefer mudkip. and thats without i herd u liek maymay

if sceptile grew in popularity, it's a recent thing, i can assure you. i'm more in touch with the trends of this godforsaken series than i even want to admit to myself most days. youre just saying that because the programmers decided to put sceptile in, if anything, a better example of your point would be the rival in the anime right now

nonetheless, swampert was never the least favorite, you're insane if you think he's venusaur levels of unappreciated
>>
>>25918605
Fair, but why are 3 Hoenn starters okay? Why not a Gen 2 at at least?
>>
>>25918644
It's weird. 13 years ago, when Gen 3 was still in its early stages, Swampert was more popular than Sceptile, but things changed over time as Sceptile has gotten more screentime in stuff like spinoffs and the anime.
Sceptile:
>is one of Ash's main Pokémon in the anime
>was the only Hoenn starter to be featured in Pokémon Conquest
>got a Mega Evo with Dragon typing (who doesn't love Dragons?)
>got into Pokken Tournament as a playable character
>was one of the most popular Pokémon requests for Smash

Swampert, on the other hand, has faded into obscurity and gotten less love than the other Hoenn starters.

In terms of popularity now,
Blaziken > Sceptile > Swampert
>>
>>25918644
>you're insane if you think he's venusaur levels of unappreciated
>implying Venusaur is unappreciated when he has one of the best Megas in OU
>>
>>25918672
because there's already two in there. if there's four slots, and swampert gets one, i guess they could add all three. but since there's 0 to begin with, there are other pokemon that could be awesome to see, obviously scizor, but what about something ridiculous like shuckle or maybe granbull....tyrantiar? maybe ariados
>>
File: 28247592.png (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
28247592.png
60 KB, 1280x720
>>25918739
>implying i dont fuck pokemon from all over the tier chart up with mega swampert

>playing tiers

>smogon, not even once
>>
>>25918763
A Pokémon requires weather support to be good is automatically shit.
>>
>>25918785
>requires weather support

nigga you wut m8? I didnt even realize MSwamp had swift swim until recently, I was so busy fucking people's shit sideways with him. This only makes him even better...?
>>
>>25918746
>because there's already two in there
So what? Why does it matter that Swampert's not in the game? People only want him to satisfy their OCD. Outside of that, Swampert has nothing that makes him stand out from Garchomp and Suicune. There is no legitimate reason for him to be in.
>>
Scizor: Power
Gallade: Speed
>>
>>25918819
im biased but swampert is my favorite pokemon. i dont care about OCD, if OCD was the primary reason, i'd want the mid stages of froakie and chespin in there too

swampert could be a versatile fighter because we know him to shift from four legs to two, he has a variety of hard hitting physical moves, first of all hammer arm, if i'm not mistaken was originally exclusive to him and maybe hariyama. then there's muddy water/earthquake, endeavor, ice punch, waterfall, headbutt

i mean the "any pokken character is literally no different from X" argument is tired ALREADY, you could say that about any pokemon, they pretty much all share at least a few moves
>>
Too many boring human bodies in this thread.

Standard - Smeargle
Speed - Galvantula/Ariados
Technique - Tentacruel
Power - Magnezone
>>
>Scizor: Technique

I know this makes sense in your head, but "technique" in Pokken is projectiles and debuffs, like Gengar or Gardevoir. Scizor would actually be either Standard or Power.
>>
>>25919042
>Smeargle

>Starts off with a limited moveset
>As fight progresses picks up moves from the opponent essentially becoming a kind-of-but-not-really mirror match
Mitebcool.
>>
>>25919224
why would you pick a handicapped character that could at best end up as a mirror match?

just add a ditto character like mokujin or combot that picks a random moveset for you and you have to figure it out
>>
>>25919295
Joke characters bruh.
>>
>>25919324
>wasting slots on a joke
would be fine if we were at tekken tag tournament 2 levels of roster bloat, but as it stands pokken needs more serious fighters
>>
>>25919091
Not really.

Chandelure, suicuine, and braixen are all projectle characters and one of then are technque. Technique characters are ones that have lots of quirks and gimmicks.
>>
>>25919383
Wouldn't Gardevoir count too? she's technique, but then again I've played like 3 of them and I can't wrap my head around her playstyle.
>>
File: image.jpg (577 KB, 1206x2044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
577 KB, 1206x2044
>>25918495
You're falling for bait. Don't reply to any of his posts.
>>
File: 1298137892396.png (36 KB, 320x237) Image search: [Google]
1298137892396.png
36 KB, 320x237
>>25909506
Boot Greninja, and keep both Bugs
Lopunny is now Speed
Heracross is Standard
Scizor is Technique
Swampert stays Power

There I did it everyone's happy
>>
Lopunny - Technique
Greninja - Speed
Heracross - Power
Gallade - Standard
>>
Of the ones in OP,

Power: Blastoise
Speed: Hawlucha
Technical: Greninja

Heracross because how the fuck was he not in the game to begin with, Blastoise for the Charizard vs. Blastoise matchups, Hawlucha because fuck Luchachu and Greninja because also how the fuck was he not in already.

But, if I had my choice of any mons, Greninja gets the boot from the Technical slot for Deoxys with a stance-changing formes-based moveset.

Honorable mentions go to Technical Diancie, Power Electivire, Technical Zoroark, Standard Scizor, and Speed Meowth.
>>
File: crystal onyx.gif (2 MB, 401x266) Image search: [Google]
crystal onyx.gif
2 MB, 401x266
>>25907389

My votes are

Stantler, basically plays like Suicune-lite and has a couple minor psychic/ghost attacks like hypnosis, confuse ray, shadowball and zen headbutt.

Ditto (Gives you a random form like Mokujin, maybe will have a secret "random transform" technique that can only be used once per battle just to add little bit more strategy...(i.e. you don't like how the match-up is going, so you can attempt to re-roll mid battle)

and a fuckhuge character like Crystal Onix because why not have a giant gimmicky character with slightly different win-conditions? I.e. has armor, can't be grabbed or juggled... but is sluggish and easier to punish with keep-away.
>>
>>25918811

>doesn't use abilities

>uses starters

>thinks he's good

My weather-based Eevee team could beat your Mega swampert team m8.

My specialized Flareon could probably 2 shot your overweight mudkip in fact. You wouldn't even get the chance to see Leafeon.
>>
>>25921691
You must be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>25921691
>weather based eevee team

first of all that's retarded, vaporeon and jolteon work together, but then you have espeon and umbreon conflicting with that, leafeon too, and finally glaceon with hail so....you're fucking dumb mate.

and mega swampert team? you fokkin wish, if nintend00d let us megavolve six times maybe for the lulz id do it and still whoop your baiting ass little ass

you dont always need abilities, clearly, that's what my post demonstrates. i didnt even realize swampert had it because i was too busy killing enemies off of his power and bulk alone to stay alive.

so in conclusion, your bait has repelled me
>>
I guess this thread is good as any.

Trying to get in to Tekken lately. Played through 1-3. do the later ones ever gain more story elements to them like Pokken does? I get the gist of the story, but thats only throulgh the ova and manuals and crud.

How good is TTT2?
>>
>>25919798
It's not bait. Swampert is the least popular Hoenn starter the same way Meganium is the least popular Johto starter and Delphox is the least popular Kalos starter.
>>
>>25925720
your bait is trash and you are trash, meganium and venusaur got shafted popularity wise hard,

delphox isnt well liked but not hated, that goes to chesnaught, and swampert is definitely not on the tier of the first two
>>
>>25926011
>butthurt
Not that guy but it was rare to find someone who picked Mudkip back in the day that wasn't a guide fag or doing a second run.
>>
File: SweatyBlaziken.jpg (326 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
SweatyBlaziken.jpg
326 KB, 800x800
Anyone got that image that shows close ups of Lucario, Suicune, and Gardevoir's feet and calls out the shitty level of detail on Gardevoir's? I need it for a friend.
>>
>>25907389
Blastoise - Standard
Scizor - Power
Hawlucha - Speed
Jigglypuff - Technical
>>
>Nobody has said Scizor, Lopunny, hawlucha, and gallade.
>This much shit taste
>>
>>25926086
what are you even talking about? mudkip was so prevalent that nevermind the meme swampert was OU for a while

but i guess that went right on over your head because you were too busy with your hip "lol so buttmad" meme
>>
>>25926199
>swampert was OU for a while
Exactly, it had competitive appeal but not mass appeal. That's why I mentioned guide fags and people doing a second run.

But it went over your head because you're too busy being mad to make sense.
>>
>>25926261
>guide fags and people doing a second run
all imply in game not competitive

you just cant accept that you're wrong, i can see that clearly swampert gets the shaft NOW but it was NEVER like this.

a-at least he got a snow statue in that one arena, r-right?
>>
>>25926348
But we were talking about popularity in general. Competitive fags are a very distinctive but ultimately small part of the fanbase.

I know how you feel because I chose Venusaur but even I find your attitude embarassing.
>>
>>25926423
what attitude? swampert was never disliked. fire chicken got the anime promotion because it was a sort of 'counter' to charizard, swampert was never low on popularity. im not claiming we held parades for the fucking thing, but people who want to push disinfo that it was never popular and the worst of the three are just taking the piss
>>
Swampert
Ampharos
Gallade
Hawlucha
>>
File: 127Pinsir_Dream.png (23 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
127Pinsir_Dream.png
23 KB, 450x335
Pinsir: Power
Trevenant: Technique
Druddigon: Standard
Toxicroak: Speed

BONUS SUPPORT

Plusle - bestow: Heals HP (S) and increases the synergy gauge by a little bit
and
Minun - Nuzzle: Stuns the opponent leaving them open for combos (charge time is slow)

Ledian - Comet punch: works like farfetch'd except it also goes in the air.
and
Donphan - Rollout:randomly does low/decent/high damage.

Meowth - Taunt: takes the hit of one attack.
and
Wobbuffet - Counter: like magikarp except it does more damage
>>
>>25907389
Instead I'm going to tell you WHY most if not all of these will not be DLC.

>Blastoise
In Japan the classic showdown is Charizard vs Venusaur, not Blastoise; Blue was the third version in Japan.
Suicune already has all the water type stuff they were ever willing to put in. The only thing Blastoise COULD have would be a shell spinning attack like Withdraw or something.

>Heracross
Already very prominent in one particularly stage background, rendered poorly and animated even worse.
Bug moves don't have anything distinctive enough to warrant a character with that moveset.
Heracross would only ever get in due to being one of Ash's Pokemon, but he's already been long forgotten about.

>Scizor
The only one with a real chance, and that's purely because he's half steel and Lucario has no real steel moves.
Scizor is also very popular in Japan and the west. But I personally doubt they'll do DLC at all.

>Swampert
The biggest tip-off is the entire fucking snow stage with giant snow sculptures of the entire Swampert line. They probably put that in by way of apology for not putting him in, which means they won't put him in. Period.
Both of his types are already adequately represented; Garchomp uses Earthquake; Suicune uses Hydro Pump. All they could give him is Muddy Water and Hammer Arm.

>Gallade
Even Gamefreak admit Gallade was a mistake. He was only given a Mega because of Wally; now they want to forget about him again. Anyone who wants Gallade in just has autism over also having Gardevoir in.
He has absolutely no unique moves or anything that make him interesting.

>Lopunny
I would actually really like to see this simply because she was great in Type:Wild and Normal types need more love.
That said Type:Wild was not official and Lopunny isn't popular anywhere.

>Greninja
The developers already said they don't want to end up too similar to Smash so they specifically will NOT put Greninja into the game. His role is also taken by Sceptile/Weavile/both.
>>
>>25926799
To continue;

>Ampharos
Literally why? No one likes Ampharos. He's goofy and funny, sure, but the developers seem to have almost zero sense of humour. They seem to think they have enough dragons, especially Mega-only dragons already besides.
He has no distinctive electric moves that Pikachu can't already do better.

>Hawlucha
I think by now they probably know what westerners think in regards to Hawlucha and Pikachu Libre. But I don't think they care. Libre was voted in, right? Then fair's fair. Hawlucha would fit the role better but he's not as popular as Pikachu in a luchador outfit.
>>
>>25926799
you sound so sure of yourself with all of those shit opinions
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.