[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: Cutscenes.webm (790 KB, 642x480) Image search: [Google]
Cutscenes.webm
790 KB, 642x480
List of notable ROM Hacks: http://pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX (embed)
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP (embed)

Essentials: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki

RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://reliccastle.com/forums/

IRC channel: #/vp/romhack @ irc.synirc.net
Webclient: http://webirc.synirc.net/?channels=/vp/romhack

Topic: how would/do you personally edit the stock Essentials engine in your project?
>>
>>25898820
Y'all chillens need to keep postin'

Bump
>>
>>25898820
Haha, beat me to it and used a pic from your game, well done!
Bumperino
>>
Apparently this disgusting fuck is still around and never finishing his 14 fan games.
http://midnitez-remix.deviantart.com/art/Pokecchi-Halloween-Adventure-VS-Screen-1-602271245
>>
Not an hack-ROM, but take a look to this fangame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf5Rj1xoE0
>>
So can someone who's worked with Gen 3 music hacking answer a question for me?

I'm looking at several MIDI files ripped directly from Emerald—Sootopolis and Evergrande specifically—and looking at them in a tracker. Both the songs are in a 3/4 time signature, but in the tracker they seem to be in 4/4 time with fucked up rhythm. Is this an error with my tracker (using OpenMPT) or are the 3/4 time signature songs in Gen 3 coded oddly?
>>
>>25900198
Wait...
he?[\spoiler]
>>
>>25901091
http://midnitez-remix.deviantart.com/journal/Looking-Into-Transitioning-518043432
http://midnitez-remix.deviantart.com/journal/I-Don-t-Like-Transgender-People-600667123

Pic related, it's him. He's one creepy fuck.
>>
So what are you working on, /heg/? Anything interesting?
>>
Researching maps led me to this http://jonnychleevas.deviantart.com/art/Generation-5-Pallet-Town-113232769
Long dead project. Somewhat similar in spirit to what I'm doing. Interesting design choices at times.
>>
>>25901609
Not really
>>
vega got an english translation. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365959
>>
>>25902465
And it's a very good translation, actually!

It would be interesting to see if someone would be up for remapping Vega, considering the maps are probably the weakest area of the hack.
>>
>>25901609
Not today. Just more fakemon stats/movesets.
>>
>>25901468
Is he transitioning into a sweet potato?
>>
Is there a game based on the manga?
>>
>>25903988
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298920
>>
File: gifto_turn_on_tune_44.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gifto_turn_on_tune_44.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Are there Pokemon rom hacks that have an "open world"? Like a non-linear style if gameplay?
>>
>>25898820
What are the recommended gen 6 hacks for ORAS and X/Y? They aren't in the pastebin
>>
Is there an XY hack that includes ORAS megas?
>>
>>25904366
Yeah, Pastebin is outdated.

The only good XY hack is Eternal X/Wilting Y.

ORAS has several good choices. Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire doesn't edit stats, doesn't edit wild encounters, and has a very harsh difficulty curve that expects you to use the Exp. Share. Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire does edit stats to buff low-tiers, change types, etc., and is easier than Rutile/Star. Meme Sapphire is a combination of the two, with the wild encounters and stat changes of Sinking and the harder trainer teams of Star. Choose whichever of the three sounds best for you.
>>
File: il_570xN.814821082_g3il.jpg (101 KB, 570x453) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.814821082_g3il.jpg
101 KB, 570x453
>>25901609
Plotting out gyms to see if I could really go for 16 total. Ideas so far:

Fire: I spy sort of game, as the leader is based on searching. Different items on walls, trainers give clue to correct one, which when touched opens next door.

Water: firefighter leader. Turn valves to change direction of water to go forward in maze.

Grass: leader based on variations; colorful gym. Trainers have really obscure color names. Figure out the correct color and choose that flower to move forward.

Ice: candyland sort of maze. Leader uses eviolite team, with new eviomite and eviobrite that boost att and spatt respectively.

Electric/steel: double gym. Steam powered doors and such activated by various HMs. Pokemon all have explorer ability, which boosts hm power, and use various HMs.

Dark: blind leader. Puzzle similar to Morty's.

Psychic: tarot card doors. Gyms uses lots of two turn and future attacks.

Ghost: must guide young boy and girl through gym, who both have terribly weak Pokemon. Triple battles alongside them until final room. They turn out to be leader, and double battle against you with much stronger team.

Flying: unsure on puzzle. Leader is about using bird mons to spread seeds across region so something to that end?

Bug/ground: leaders are farmers. Berry trees block paths in maze, pick them to move forward. Leaders use various berries and related attacks like recycle.

Rock: temple, answer trivia puzzle.

Dragon: gem hoard cave. Gems are in patterns on walls. Complete the pattern sort of puzzle.

Poison: leader makes vaccines from poison herbs. Each floor blocked by 3 herbs, one is beneficial item that lets you move foward. Picking others will status effect you mons and still block the path.

Normal: sled race leader. Typical ice maze.

Fairy: pirate ship of cosplayers, like a ren faire. New item, costume, works like illusion, but makes them look like a sub doll. Leader exploits this.

Fighting: bend, not break leader. Not sure on puzzle.
>>
>>25898820
Holy shit that's awesome
Wish I could do that
>>
>>25904577
Thanks for the information. Meme sounds like the most fun for ORAS and I'll replace Neo Y with Wilting Y. I'm just in for anything that makes the stories fresh and fun again since online battling gets boring after awhile.
>>
>>25904297
Not that I know of. I mean, how would you suppose that functions battle-wise?

On an unrelated note, I'm still patiently waiting to see all of map-senpai's maps in an imgur album or something
>>
>>25905609
Having issues with malware on laptop right now plus time juggling between work, home, and school registration. I'll get you, be patient.
>>
Just reposting this from a thread I just made. Kinda RomHack related. Sorry for spamming.

Would you fags be willing to test a TwitchPlays stream that I just set up?

I know I shouldn't be self advertising here but I don't know shit about programming so it took quite a lot of effort to set up, I just want to test it but it you want to stay you're more than welcome.

Twitch /oscarsancheztg6661
>>
>>25900265
Sharpedgo
>>
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=366881
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=570027
Which one of you is this bad at trolling?
>>
>>25901710
Unless you get Rock Smash after surf, that map is fucked if you take that bottom left path.

Even then, if you have surf, there's no point waiting till you get Rock Smash to explore that little nook.

Eh.
>>
How do i upload legendaries like rayquaza to gts? I have seen those and all my legendaries can't be uploaded
Also what moves can i hack on legit pokemon and take them online?
>>
>>25909692
>what legendaries
Anything legit, and nothing from an event
>what moves
legal ones, you bingus
>>
>>25909734
B-but i want to use roar of time on my zoobat
And where would i get non events, or events without the no trade ribbon? I always get "this pokemon is special"
>>
>>25909756
Edit them with PKHeX.
>>
File: new_porcelia_town.png (48 KB, 544x480) Image search: [Google]
new_porcelia_town.png
48 KB, 544x480
>>25902553
I actually considered doing it but it feels kind of sacreligious to do so, given the anonymous nature of the original creators.
>>
File: old_porcelia_town.png (47 KB, 560x480) Image search: [Google]
old_porcelia_town.png
47 KB, 560x480
>>25910879
(The original map and tileset, for comparison)
>>
>>25910825
I can only use pchex++
How would i proporly generate pokemons, so they can be used anywhere, if i can't, where are the .pk9's to all pokemon?
>>
>>25910916
I haven't messed with it, but looking at it, it only lets you clone and inject/export Pokémon rather than edit them? If that's the case you'd probably want to edit the .pk6 exported from PCHex++ with PKHeX then put said file on your SD card and add it with PCHex++ (unless your reason for not being able to use PKHeX is not having an SD card reader).
>>
>>25910991
Nope
But i can edit moves, iv, ev, items, etc etc.
A different one lets me edit id's and such
>>
>>25911071
Well all you need to do is look at the ribbons and remove it. If you can't edit ribbons then you won't be able to trade them via GTS.
>>
>>25911126
Oh, then i can't do that
What about legit pk9's? I only have events
>>
>>25901710

I really like this. Very reminiscent of Aspertia City, but as someone else pointed out the rock smash thing is a bit silly
>>
>>25898820
What game is in the OP? Looks like PokéMMO, but I can't tell.
>>
>>25910879
>>25910895
Nice.
>>
>>25904297
there's n RPGmaker game called Pokemon Island which is like that
>>
File: 0000.jpg (71 KB, 545x599) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
71 KB, 545x599
Your opinions on my region, please?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 498x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 498x306
>>
>>25915173
I don't mean to be that person, but it's not much without some idea of the geography
>>
>>25915173
this >>25915231
It's really more about how well it transitions from location to location imo
>>
>>25915173
Why are there two starter towns? Is it a BW2 sort of thing?
>>
File: Regi_Intros.webm (409 KB, 1152x480) Image search: [Google]
Regi_Intros.webm
409 KB, 1152x480
>>25913134
It's mine which isn't released yet.

None of the maps are done, but I'm implementing various mechanics, like these species-specific cutscenes
>>
>>25915173
do you start in two places?
>>
>>25910879
really pretty. you might consider editing those tree tiles. It's obvious that the lighter greens have just been shifted to white, rather than an actual appearance of caked snow. I agree, the tiles in vega are shite. You could use some from procyon/deneb.
>>
>>25915288
Reminds me of Shinsuke Nakamura's opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG54kTpwjw4
>>
>>25915173
It's kind of odd how all the towns and cities line up with each other on a grid.
>>
File: Florida Final.png (4 KB, 264x168) Image search: [Google]
Florida Final.png
4 KB, 264x168
>>25915369
They kinda have to, anon
>>
Does anyone feel like spriting overworld sprites with me? I want to do all the Hoenn Pokemon in gen III style, made about as large as the groudon/kyogre overworlds.
>>
Noob here, how do i edit the items that you can buy in pokemarts? is there an application?
>>
>>25915464
It'll help to tell us what rom you're using, silly.
>>
>>25915482
>>25915464
My bad, Fire Red.
>>
Don't know if you guys know this but has there ever been a ROMhack/fan game where its a nuzlocke and the final battle is against leveled-up versions of your Pokemon that have died? Thought it'd be a cool idea. Would it be doable?
>>
>>25915410
No, for >>25915173 if you draw horizontal and vertical lines passing through the towns you'll get a uniform grid.

That won't happen for >>25915410
>>
>>25915464
>>25915494
Just use A-map and Xse to open a script from one of the clerks in pokemarts.

The command should be 'pokemart (items offset)
If you scroll down you should see:
'-----------
' MartItems
'-----------
#org 0x16A298
#raw word 0x4
#raw word 0xD
#raw word 0xE
#raw word 0x12
#raw word 0x0

Where each entry is the ID of the item that is being sold.
The last entry HAS to be 0x0.
>>
>>25915231
I was planning on implement the geography after deciding the places, but you are right.
>>25915277
You can choose your starter town; each one offers a different set of starters, and a different rival.
>>
>>25915499
Would be possible with Essentials, not sure about hacks. I love the idea, but what if you don't lose any Pokemon through the run?
>>
>>25915499
Should be. People have already made hacks that enforce Nuzlocke rules. What you'd have to do is save the Pokémon data of your team whenever one died (whether it's just species and maybe nickname or whether you want to preserve their movesets and specefic stats). The question that would decide feasibility would be how many you want to save. If you're just saving one party's worth of data, that shouldn't take up too much space regarding RAM, but if you want one giant gauntlet against Pokémon that have died and you have 50+ locations in which it's possible to catch a Pokémon, then that might be less feasible.
>>
>>25914598
Thanks that looks interesting. But I was hoping for a ROM since I like use emulators on my smart phone.
>>
>>25908896
There's an item you can't get otherwise and it could be something very rare.
>>
I have nothing to contribute, but I just wanna say I had no idea this kind of thing existed. I'm amazed just from the screenshots I saw in this thread.
>>
File: kris small.png (1 KB, 69x72) Image search: [Google]
kris small.png
1 KB, 69x72
pls don't die

also how does this look? How can I improve this?
>>
Choosing between Essentials and Rom Hacking, what are the pros and cons?
>>
>>25919654
looks good so far. I recommend making the hair a little bit lighter. And the hair shadow try not to make it too dark
>>
>>25919681
if you're actually going to follow through and make a game, rom hack
if you just like mapping and scripting, essentials
>>
>>25898820
im really enjoying eternal x

really impressed that they managed to make it not a grindfest
>>
>>25919681
ROM hacking if you want to make your own region in a gen 1-3 style. Anything above that, use Essentials. Unless you just want Sinnoh/Johto/Unova with your own flavor.
>>
>>25919681
Essentials is "easier" in the sense that it's written in a language more people understand but the engine sucks shit and you'll get a worse product unless you do some heavy messing with said engine.

ROMhacking will require learning things like assembly (assuming you want to do things like add new features or edit the engine; editing things like scripts, maps, etc. can be done by just using simple tools) but you can use an engine that isn't as dogshit as Essentials so you'll get a better product. ROMhacking also lets you play on emulators, so you can play it on a 3DS, phone, etc., rather than just a computer. Overall in my (heavily biased) opinion ROMhacking is the way to go.
>>
>>25921698
urafaget
>>
>>25915288
damn that looks good
>>
>>25921915
>essentialsbabby can't into ASM
>>
>>25922519
ur still afaget
>>
>>25922529
FUCKING NOTHING
U
C
K
I
N
G

N
O
T
H
I
N
G
>>
>>25919654
Arms seem too long, hands too big or arms too narrow. Maybe it's the white cuff that makes the arm seem that way.
>>
>>25904589
>Ghost: must guide young boy and girl through gym, who both have terribly weak Pokemon. Triple battles alongside them until final room. They turn out to be leader, and double battle against you with much stronger team.

That is the coolest idea ever.
>>
File: Pallet.jpg (336 KB, 704x640) Image search: [Google]
Pallet.jpg
336 KB, 704x640
Been doing a bit of redrafting on what I have so far in my free time, this is the only new redesign I've managed. I expanded the borders more than necessary at first, since I was going to do this thing with terraces and rice farming (might do that on Route 2 or 4 instead.)
Obviously a cut tree or flag sensitive NPC will go next to the posts; this is supposed to be Prof. Oak's Pokémon Preserve, where his assistants go to study Pokémon in a natural habitat.
From the very first drafts of Pallet the lab assistant cabin remains.
Flowers because I wasn't sure what to do with that space-thought about sticking the well there. I might need to create some new tiles for wells though, this 11 tile arrangement looks a little off. What kind of well is a tiny pool?
Tree shading is a little all over the place, I worked on this over the weekend between various real life things.
Can't quite figure out what to do with Route 2. I want to make it longer, maybe a couple of trainers-but as I moved the NidoRanch, there isn't a feature to design around. Maybe some more of the Oak Labs stuff.
>>
tfw I mapped a big portion of my game and deleted the project,because there were not people who would like to help me with the scripting ;_;

And I my maps were an eyecandy...
>>
>>25923203
>And I my maps were an eyecandy...
Yeah maybe keep taking English classes there buddy
Why would you delete a project anyways? Zip it and shelve it at least.
>>
>>25923203
>I'm gonna delete my maps because of my own ignorance!
Made me respond/10
>>
>>25923203
Please, never delete anything you do for projects in the future.

This is probably bait, but if you archive your stuff and reflect on it in the future you can show yourself how much you've improved since then.

It's a good feeling. It's not for everyone, but it's better than not being able to look on past projects because you hastily deleted them.
>>
>>25923214
>And I my maps were an eyecandy
Damn I'm a stupid fuck.Sorry for my bad English.
IDK why I deleted it.I might have a back up somewhere on my computer tho.
>>
>>25923094
Oooh, cool. I like that. (low level Tangela available early game, maybe? It's never happened before).

It's okay to have some 'normal' routes when you're doing new places and expanding areas. If Route 2 is a simple route, leave it. Not everything has to be changed, and you can always re-invent it in a later version.
>>
>>25923094
>>25923277
Thanks!
Damn it, I meant Route 1.
Route 2 I've already changed.
Yeah, low level Tangela, a rare Bulbasaur, some Wingull. I've yet to decide fully; maps are key to determining distribution, distribution is key to trainer and gym teams. One step at a time.
>>
File: awfulmap.png (58 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
awfulmap.png
58 KB, 640x560
>>25923241
Not a bait,anon.Anyways,this was the beta starting town of my hack - Rising Moon.I got the mapshot from pokecommunity(I uploaded it there to see what I shoud improve).Anyways,I'm still looking for a backup,but here's the map.
The things I changed:
>Fixed the random ledge
>Placed some umbrellas and removed some of the rocks.
>Opened a path to the north.
>Replaced the sea tiles.
>Removed some of the lamp posts

Anyways,was the map good?
>>
>>25923399
There's still a random ledge right below the lab that needs removing. Also, unless you're planning on having the road to the north going anywhere, just get rid of it.
>>
Is there a folder of legit pk9's anywhere?
>>
>>25923399
What's special about the red house? Player home? Houses should be uniform unless they're something specific.
This. >>25923460
Gonna stick some NPCs/items on that beach?
Love the houses and streetlights though. Day Night System?
>>
>>25919681
Roms have a whole region made for you already and a ton of tools.

Essentials is less limited in that you can do gen 6+ level moves, abilities, and feautures and make a huge custom region easier, but requires a lot more work to make anything playable.

If you just want to edit Kanto/Hoenn, stick with a rom.
>>
File: 156513.jpg (73 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
156513.jpg
73 KB, 960x640
>>25915173 here.

Here's the updated version of my region. Opinions/ratings?
>>
File: Gigis.webm (403 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Gigis.webm
403 KB, 640x480
so far, I've only completed the golem animations

What would be some good ideas for other legendaries?
>>
>>25925285
Fucking awesome, man. You are everything that's right with the fan game scene.
Some sort of time warp animation for Celebi. A falling star for Jirachi. Volcanic eruption for Groudon, a flood for Kyogre. Suicune, Raikou, Entei all rising out of ashen wreckage. Idk, just some seeds of ideas there. Go on their themes.
>>
>>25925330
For mythicals, I want to incorporate their new artwork in silhouette.

Maybe Celebi could emerge from the time ripple.

Since the three beasts have a pretty big roe in my game as roaming legendaries, I think it would make sense to have a streak across the screen with respective water,electric, and fire particles.

Kyogre and Groudon both sound good, but I'm definately adding the their symbols depending on it they're in their primal form or not.
>>
How would you balance a game where you could hypothetically challenge any gym at any time?

How would the story progress linearly?
HM restricted locations?

Personally, this how I'd handle it:
>HMs are unlocked based on number of gyms
>Story progresses in a similar fashion, gyms are blocked based on story progression
>Certain NPCs and communication devices inform the player on certain story-driven happenings in the region
>Trainers will continue to battle you in routes as long as the trainer doesn't forcefully impede travel
>Gen V exp yeild formula is brought back, but is more drastic if a Pokémon is over leveled: a Pokémon at or over five the recommended level receives no more than 5% of the initial yeild
>>
File: ice gym.png (115 KB, 936x888) Image search: [Google]
ice gym.png
115 KB, 936x888
>>25926625
>How would you balance a game where you could hypothetically challenge any gym at any time?
make several different versions of each trainer, and which one you battle depends on how many badges you have
like those "build a gym" pic related things
>>
>>25926776
That's 72 trainers to do in your trainer editor of choice. I'm not even sure how the scripting would go, but I think you'd have to set flags for every single gym-but how would you do it to where it just knows you have one, rather than a certain badge?
I mean it's one thing for it to point to a particular team based on a particular flagged badge and another for it to determine which team to use if 4 badge flags have been set. But I'm no scripting expert.
>>
>>25926871
each badge has a flag, check how many are switched and run the corresponding team
doing 5 to 8 teams for each trainer in the game is a big chore though
>>
>>25926871
Not him, but there are already functions in the game that counts your number of badges, like your save file in the opening menu. Just use that to check your number of badges.

Though you're right that setting up eight-or-nine trainers per Gym would be tedious.
>>
>>25926776
This

I'd also would have a strong grash on level scaling.

That being said, I'd make the scaling a lot larger, due to more trainers being available at all times at a similar level to the trainer.
The champion's battle could be as high as 80 depending on the game, but due to exp yield scaling, it is possible to raise pokémon found at lower levels late in game to match leter challenges with minimal grinding, as long as the trainer has access to the Lucky Egg and exp share.

>>25926871
just set a condition to how many badges the trainer has
>>
>>25926625
Gyn Leaders adjust their teams according to the amount of badges you have.
>>
Have any of you guys ever put one of your ROMHacks onto a flash cart so that you can play on the original system? How did it go? What cart did you do? Was it difficult to convert?

I am thinking of buying some of the flash carts fr the GBA off of Amazon, but if it can't read my hack then I don't want it.
>>
>>25923787
Just a visual cycle.The day/night events were not working,because FR/LG don't have a day and night-based event system.
>>
Whats everyone currently working on?
I'm currently going through changing trainers pokes and levels. Plus changing the wild pokemon you encounter in Fire Red.
I already added 100+ pokemon to the dex, and Mr.DollSteaks patch.
>>
>>25927657
Honestly nothing. I recently added in all the wild encounters exclusive to Gold and/or Silver to Crystal (Mareep, Remoraid, etc.) but that's not much.

I'm thinking about trying to add in-battle dialogue to the game similar to later games. It shouldn't be too hard in theory, I could either create a new battletype or a new trainer datatype. To give an example of the latter, Crystal can have trainer data as

>Level, species
>Level, species, moves
>Level, species, item
>Level, species, item, moves

So I could probably add a fifth data type that goes

>Level, species, item, moves, quotes

and then point it to the strings of text it would need to use. Whenever they send out a new Pokémon, check to see if it's their last one, and if it is write the string of text before sending out the new Pokémon. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>25927657
I've finished porting over 50 songs from Drill Dozer and Emerald to Firered by hand in hex, and am now fixing a few track pointer issues.
>>
>>25925072
It's pretty good imo.
>>
>>25927312
Yeah, I've played plenty of DS and GBA hacks on my DSTwo. There's no conversion process; as far as the hardware is concerned a ROM hack is no different from any other ROM, you just copy it to the flashcart and it works.
>>
Episode 2 of the hack chat podcast from Pokecommunity is now out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK3hO_Euntg
>>
>>25928572
>shilling your podcast in /heg/
>>
>>25928669
>MY podcast
I posted this here because it fits with the topic at hand.
And the thread is pretty much dead right now, just trying to get some more discussion going.
>>
>>25928572
>>25929010
It was better than the first one
>>
Seriously, bump familia
>>
Spent about four hours trying to make this sound good but I just can't, so I'm asking for feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/laverre-city-gbc-8-bit-wip

The main thing pissing me off is the lack of volume control on the flute. The only "flute-like" instrument is on the waveform channel, which can only be one of three volumes. The first volume is too loud, and the other two are too soft, so it either sounds overly loud or doesn't stand out at all.

Any tips or suggestions on what's wrong with it?
>>
How do I remove the hat/glasses from my XY model?
>>
Is there any difference between the 10 or so "????????????" Pokemon found between Celebi and Treecko in gen 3? Are any usable?
>>
File: fgh.png (123 KB, 661x613) Image search: [Google]
fgh.png
123 KB, 661x613
Rate my ghosty village, is comfy enough?
>>
>>25934067
Looks too much like Lentimas town, try less brown.
>>
New to hacking and I have a question: if I'm only interested in editing NPC text (with Advance Map and XSE), and my edit has more letters than the original script, do I run the risk of overwriting anything by using the default offset for that script? Would using a new offset (found with FSF) be recommended just in case?
>>
>>25934350
Yes.
If you write longer dialogue, you have to repoint or run the risk of corruption.
>>
>>25934377
Thanks.
>>
>>25933118
I for one really like it, though a few notes in the flute aren't spot-on. I think that's more of the problem
>>
Noob here. So I am using Unnamed Trainer Editor but when I go to create move sets for trainers' pokemon there is nothing but a blank list. The moves dont show up.
The Rom is Fire Red but I added Mr.DollSteak's Patch. Could that be the problem? Do I need to change the ini. file like I had to do with Gen Suit in order to get Unnamed Trainer to work properly?
>>
>>25934797
Click 'change' next to the Pokemon list and check 'Movesets'
>>
File: Nope.png (266 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
266 KB, 1366x768
>>25934904
That made this happen.
>>
>>25935007
You have to change BPRE in a hex editor at address 0xCA I believe, to MrDS
>>
>>25935209
How exactly do I do that?
>>
>>25935993
1. Download HxD or Hex Workshop
2. Goto address AC (in hex)
3. There should be four bytes (42 50 52 45), change these to (4D 72 44 53)

Using a hex editor is really easy and I shouldn't have to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>25936041
Well excuse me if I'm new to this. You don't have to be an asshole about it.
>>
>>25936041
The irony being your elitist ass is wrong.

>>25934797
You need to update the INI, yes, but it's a different structure to G3HS's. You just need to update the pointers based on what they are in G3HS's INI for the similarly named fields.
>>
>>25936084
>I dont know what hex editing is so i'll call him an elitist
(laughs)
>You need to update the INI
There should already be a table for MrDS' ROM base in the INI. He just needs to change BPRE to that.
>>
>>25936118
>I've never used UTE and now I'm going to post memes and spread misinformation
[raughs in japanese]
>>
Y'all have any links to some scripts that really add to the games atmosphere and such? I really like the birth sign script, looking for similar stuff.
>>
>>25936218
Birth sign script? tf is that?
>>
>>25936328
There's a script to give hatched Pokemon birthsigns, like the poké equivalent of Leo and Scorpio and such. Each has some perk, such as the Pokemon being able to use teleport out of battle without knowing the move. Kind of gives a bit of personality to breeding.
>>
>>25936554
Im trying to figure out how to make birthstone items as well. It would up the attacks of Pokemon with matching signs. Trying to make breeding a bit more fun in my game and not just bike riding. There will be NPCs throughout the game that will give you items for bringing them a certain Pokemon daily. Breeders want cute Pokemon, rescuers want strong able ones. Mail carriers need flying and weather forecasters want psychics and some weather Pokemon.
>>
>>25934680
What notes on the flute do you think are incorrect? I've checked repeatedly and all the notes are definitely the correct pitch to my ears.
>>
>>25937015
Wait, never mind. It's probably just the sound quality expected of chip tunes. Sounds good. Wouldn't change it.
>>
Though it was on the edge of death, /heg/ was rescued from the tenth page by the solemn bump of one brave anon.
This...is his story...
A tale...of tragedy...
As he attempted to transcend the mundane of hacking and become...
An elitist
>>
>>25939051
cringe
>>
File: Route 4 Initial.jpg (547 KB, 1728x640) Image search: [Google]
Route 4 Initial.jpg
547 KB, 1728x640
It's become this big thing that's spiraled out of my control.
>>
>>25939162
I understand your reasoning for making maps larger, wanting a longer, more detailed region, but I have to strongly advise against making Route 4 that large because of it coming out of Mt. Moon. Either you have a huge empty area or you just made the experience much more grueling with the amount of wild encounters/trainers you're likely to find in an area that size without any Center to heal at between Mt. Moon and Cerulean.
>>
File: tileset.jpg (39 KB, 256x372) Image search: [Google]
tileset.jpg
39 KB, 256x372
>opens MC's room on Advance Map
>scrolls down on available tiles
>sees this

Normal, or did I already fuck up?
>>
>>25940797
Nah, that's normal
>>
File: ImAgEdotJaypeg.jpg (6 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
ImAgEdotJaypeg.jpg
6 KB, 183x276
>tfw you've spent days on a script to export smogon teams and someone publicly releases a shittier version right before you do

Yes, I'm mad.
>>
Do you like games that use fakemon and/or fake megas, /heg/?

This doesn't include other fan shit like delta pokemon
>>
>>25933829
There's no significant difference, and there should be 25 of them if memory serves. They're all usable, but they don't have dex entries by default. Weird stuff can happen if you put them in the wild and let the player catch them, depending on version; RS crashes, FR forcibly displays the first Grasslands entry (will crash if nothing from that habitat has been seen yet), not sure what Em does. I do know that Emerald will crash if one of them appears in the Battle Frontier as they don't have valid species names, and on all versions Low Kick has arbitrary power against them (within the usual range).

I don't really advise using them unless you really know what you're doing or you don't intend to let the player have them. If you need extra slots, look into dex expansion.
>>
>>25941792
What's better about yours? Not trying to be snarky, just curious.
>>
>>25940797
Nope, that's how that tileset is.
Seems useless, a waste of a tileset to use it only on pieces of one room when it could be in the general indoor tileset.
>>
>>25942069
Is the entire game based around using 100% original Pokémon? In that case I don't see much of an issue, just don't touch the ones that exist already.

On the topic of Delta Pokémon though I was considering something to add into the fangame I'm starting to work on. I was thinking that it might be interesting to have rare encounters where Pokémon were a different type. Nothing else is changed about them except for their type. I'm thinking I would limit it just to Pokémon with a single type, maybe only make about 200 Pokémon with an alternate typing, and make it about a 0.5% encounter rate. Does this idea sound passable?
>>
>>25942210
I get it. I don't want to come off over conceited myself. I spend a lot of time and research to make my script user-friendly. I shied away from requiring the player to scour through their file browser to file the text file; instead I found a way to display it on screen automatically without the needing to know the the program/file's location. Also, I implemented a check to only allow canon pokémon to be converted.

To be honest, it's not even about that or even if my script is better or not. When stuff like this is made public, every amateur developer and their 2nd cousin wants to implement it immediately without inspiring any creativity. It makes every new feature overdone and misrepresented, lowering the value of the original dev's hard work.

I have to commend Luka S.J. and Klein Studios for all of their scripts and engines that allow their work to go spammed and recycled uncreatively just so hat they can show the world their work.
>>
>>25942342
It could work but I don't think people would like that because:
a) What's the point
b) What's the lore behind it
c) No sprite changes indicating a changed type
b) Literally just a toned down version of delta pokemon
>>
File: 20151219214711.png (7 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
20151219214711.png
7 KB, 512x384
>>25942586
>b) What's the lore behind it
I just think it would be a fun thing to add a bit more individuality to some Pokémon, though I suppose there deserves to be some reasoning behind it.
>c) No sprite changes indicating a changed type
I forgot to mention this but I intended to color code the area around a Pokémon's HP bar to match their type, that way when an alternatively typed Pokémon is encountered it's immediately noticeable.
>a) What's the point
Though I'm sure some Pokémon would benefit from it in some way this is basically what's been making me wonder if it was a good idea to begin with.
>>
>>25902553
WHat do you mean good translation? Because the /a/ thinking of literal translations is not good translations.
>>
>>25942069
I love fakemons/megas. As long as the spriting and designs aren't crap.
>>
>>25942345
desu those features you mention on your showdown exporter are pretty innecessary. Not that I find a team exporter useful in any way (why would I want to use my ingame team competitively?)

fun fact, the guy who released the showdown script is also called Max lol

I agree with you in that EBS and Luka's title screen are terribly over-used without a second thought from the "developer" wannabe and takes a lot of flavour from their games. That's why I refrain myself from using that and instead prefer to use Essential's default, while heavily customizing it.

EBS is quite laggy anyways. Klein's are just small usefull tools. He's great.
>>
File: 1453769172967.png (99 KB, 360x269) Image search: [Google]
1453769172967.png
99 KB, 360x269
>Want to create a game with fakemon
>Suck at spriting
>>
>>25942069
If that's all they've got in them, sure, I like Fakemon. I reckon I could stomach a game about Delta pokemon too, if that's all there was in it

I don't like fake megas, ever. Unless of course, they're megas of a fakemon, in a fakemon only game.
>>
>>25945857
iktf
I mentioned this last thread, but if I complete my project, I'm gonna see if I can hire a cheap spriter to do my fakemons for me. I think in general you'll have more luck findingn a partner if your game's finished, anyway, even if you want a free one. Do everything else first.
>>
>>25942705
>a) What's the point
Some Pokemon would play very differently as another type. You'd essentially be adding new "pokemon" without changing existing pokemon or making any fakemon - things that turn a certain segment of the fandom off from fan games. So it is creating a lot of gameplay variety without putting a ton of effort into a feature.
>>
>>25946012
I kind of want to try spriting, I can do edits of sprites but not full-on from scratch

My sister does a lot of digital art as well so here's hoping it runs in the family
>>
Is there a full guide for Pokemon Vega, now that it's been fully translated? The closest thing I can find that has location info for Pokemons has the translations all fucked up and written different, so I can't tell if Lassprit is just really rare or if there's something special I need to do to find it.
>>
File: bosque.png (129 KB, 598x479) Image search: [Google]
bosque.png
129 KB, 598x479
I just made this forest, what do you think?
>>
>>25948690
I think you uploaded a thumbnail.
>>
>>25948690
Where does the cave go?
Tileset is a little eye cancerous, but I'm partial to FR/Emerald sets myself.
What's with the ledge in the NW by the mountain tiles? I've learned ledges should be used for 2 things: force players around things and provide shortcuts. Aesthetically, they're the subject of much debate.
Love the lake and the pond though.
Maybe too much forced grass. The shortcut down should be clear.
Also, the L ledge on the right center will land a player in the trees and make them stuck.
>>
>>25948690
If it's supposed to be maze like and confusing, then sure, it's good.
>>
Any rom hacks where I can have a froakie, pref a gen 4/5 hack as base if possible.
>>
Bump

Who's played Rejuvenation?
>>
Another noob question: how much would I need to hack/edit to break compatibility with my current save for Fire Red? I just started an unambitious hack for learning purposes, and I'm not sure if it's worth creating save points now for QA purposes later.
>>
Thread saving bump from page 7
>>
>>25951271
Saw a screenshot LP of it on /vp/ once.

Looks like Reborn but with Shadow Pokémon.
>>
are there any "Don't"s in Essentials? Stuff that really makes your game shit?

What scripts are you guys using? EBS looks pretty good
>>
>>25955409
Sure, I'll name a few.

- Don't overuse map connections. This creates a lot of lag and is generally why people complain about Essentials running like shit. (Other than the fact that RPG Maker XP is ancient.) I'd maybe have 2 maps connected at most, or 3 if they're small maps.
- Lots of events on a huge map will probably lag the game also. Same with moving fogs.
- Don't mix generations if you can help it. Having a gen 3 overworld with gen 5 sprites looks strange.
- Don't use those shitty XYORAS 3D model gifs as sprites.
- Don't let the hate for Essentials on /heg/ get to you. Essentials has flaws, sure, but there's plenty of people who enjoy Essentials games outside of /heg/.

Not a don't, but worth noting:
- If you want the gen 6 stuff, you'll have to manually add the moves and abilities to the PBS files or look for some premade ones. (They're out there, check PC or RC's resource sections.) The gen 6 stuff except for Pokemon are technically programmed in Essentials, but Maruno didn't include them by default because he scalded his genitals with hot tea or something. Thanks, Maruno.
>>
>>25955409
>are there any "Don't"s in Essentials?

Don't use it. :)
>>
File: image.png (539 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539 KB, 2048x2048
I just started development on Pokemon cobalt and I already have the sequals:) rate the logos
>>
File: birthdayboy.png (13 KB, 329x174) Image search: [Google]
birthdayboy.png
13 KB, 329x174
Working on an accurate GB font to use in Essentials along with some word-wrapping/formatting tweaks. Pretty happy so far.
>>
>>25956983
Spaces look to big.
>>
>>25957200
>to
too*
>>
File: birthdayboy2.png (23 KB, 329x174) Image search: [Google]
birthdayboy2.png
23 KB, 329x174
>>25957200
>>25957207
Should be about as accurate as it gets now. Thanks.
>>
>>25946596
The problem is you're starting out in digital.
Start out by drawing them with good ol' pen & paper, then scan and trace digitally.
>>
>>25956983
Good luck. Hopefully you can get rid of the border.
>>
>>25956983
>>25957295
Nevermind. I thought you were planning a full GB demake.
>>
>>25957304
Kind of. I'd like to release a full "Gen 1" kit like COMBOY's GS Essentials, to sharpen my -poor- scripting skills.
>>
>>25956983
>>25957232
Killin' it, Big K
>>
noob here, would it be possible to add mega evolution to fire red?
>>
>>25957893
Yes, Google it
>>
>>25955409
Don't use random scripts if you're not going to use the features.

Following Pokemon is fun, the best feature from HGSS. Be sure to utilize the custom message per map id system so your messages aren't generic. Also be sure to edit their pickup item table, as evo stones are stupid common in the defaults.

IV Star Gauge is nice, better then my hackish extra page that doesn't show up or the IV Check I scripted. I'd redefine the star range so it's a little less shit, shit, shit, almost perfect, perfect.

Turbo just gives you 2x or higher speed.

Unreal time system(FL) if you willing to make separate wild encounters per time of day. This also let's you do day/night NPCs. Used extensively, this adds a lot of work.

Pokémon Selection - by FL
Lets you limit battles to XvX. Good for early gyms so you don't have to have gym 1 with six pokemon. Also good for doing other types of official battles.

Pokemon dropping items after battle - aramant16
If they had a item, they have X% chance of dropping after the battle. Good if you want to have wild Poekmon actually hold items without making the player catch them.

Also, /heg/ hates Essentials because it allows easy, no effort games to be posted on a whim. Putting five hours of effort into an Essentials game and posting it is just like post a ROM with 2 changes. You deserve to be yelled at.

Basically, don't post a game until substantial work is done.
>>
>>25958800
>Also, /heg/ hates Essentials because it allows easy, no effort games to be posted on a whim. Putting five hours of effort into an Essentials game and posting it is just like post a ROM with 2 changes. You deserve to be yelled at.
Tell me about it.
I've spent about 18 hours now on my titlescreen alone, trying to get the tilemap and the tileset's color indexes just right.
I'm still not finished.
>>
>>25958974
It makes sense. Ruby is much easier and while you lose fluidity and emulator compatibility, you have more control on mechanics. I understand that ROM hacking has it's novelty, but I can see why people, specially people on an entry-level on computers would rather start the easy (spoonfed) way.
>>
B is for Bump
>>
>>25958800
>Also, /heg/ hates Essentials because it allows easy, no effort games to be posted on a whim.

Actually those of us who hate it do so because the games end up shitty, not because they don't take effort.

The disassembly makes things that would previously take a substantial amount of effort doable with nothing but minimal assembly knowledge.
>>
>>25961618
Forgot to add my point. The disassembly makes things easy but isn't hated by anyone, I mean.
>>
>>25959117
For those that are just starting, rom hacking is easier. You get a whole region mapped already. Beginning hacks are usually just adding a couple locations or 386 versions or whatever. In that case, there is a bunch of tools availible, making rom hacking the easier option. It is only when you want to start making wholesale gameplay changes/additions that Essentials becomes the easier option.
>>
>>25961629
People used to.
>>
>>25962099
Do you have evidence of that? I mean the two near-complete disassemblies used to not be nearly as useful as they are now since there were a lot of then-hardcoded addresses, less documentation, etc., but did anyone hate it for the reason you say they hated it?
>>
>>25962233
Sorry, wasn't same guy, nor arguing his point.
>>
>>25961618
There are just as many shitty romhacks as essentials games. Essentials doesn't have a stranglehold on poor plots.
>>
>>25962384
It does have a stranglehold on poor engines, though.
>>
Just bump my thread up
>>
File: lifeguard_malpractice.jpg (155 KB, 897x598) Image search: [Google]
lifeguard_malpractice.jpg
155 KB, 897x598
BREATHE GODDAMMIT
>>
>>25964928
>not coddamnit
Swing and a miss
Also, bump bump, bump señora, bump the thread now
Bump bump, bump señora, bump /heg/
>>
I feel the vega link should be updated to this one because this is translated and made Vega even better:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9179748#post9179748
>>
A few threads ago an anon asked if there was a version of Pokemon Essentials for RPG Maker VX Ace. I offered to make an engine out of the scraps from my not-pokemon-related pet project, but recently I discovered a working engine already in progress.

https://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/

The engine itself is an unorganized mess, and the author is a sneaky faggot who removed all the necessary resources from the engine so you'd have to click multiple ad links to download everything. Even scummier, if you have an ablocker enabled the links will attempt to redirect you to a malware hosting site.

I'm going to upload a prepatched version of the engine so you guys don't have to risk infecting your computer with shit.
>>
>>25965398
So I misspoke when I said the Crystal Engine was "working". The RMXA editor file opens up, but if you run the executable, you get nothing.

I've compiled everything that was hidden behind adlinks and it still just sits on a black screen.

I'm looking through the comments and it's nothing but unresolved questions. It seems that the author is just slapping random scripts together without actually testing anything. And it's not worth it to check every link for a stable build.
>>
DON'T GO TWARDS THE LIGHT /HEG/
>>
DOORS
>>
>>25962423
It not even poor, Essentials lacks nothing compared to Gen 3 roms and is pretty complete up to Gen 5.

The only thing Essentials lacks vs Gen 3 is animations . As long as you don't make your game one long connected map, don't use GIF for animations, and use Fxmod/non-midi audio lag isn't a problem.

The only reason more features aren't complete is only one guy works on Essentials instead of a his own game and one guy and a few others are working on the Gen 6 stuff.

>>25961813
If wild pokemon tables are all you're editing, sure.

Anything beyond that, not really. There's one map pack made with Gen 3 tilesets(with a GBA-esque) that has the complete in-game maps up to Hoenn and an incomplete Sinnoh.

Game flags and event states are much easier to handle with RPGMaker I feel. Remote event state manipulation is pretty easy too.

If you were superlazy, you could build a game just copy-pasting the events from the Essentials tutorials maps, editing the text lines, and it'd be a new Gen 3 game with selectable Gen 2/4/5/6 features basically.

>>25965704
I've the Crystal "Engine" before, it always looked pretty imcomplete. Not surprised to hear it's pretty much fucked.
>>
General Name Change to /Bump/ when?
>>
Do you know of any romhack/essentials game that experimented with Pokemon having more than 2 types and dual-type moves?

I feel like this would be really interesting to play.
>>
>>25958974
Tbh, essentials spawns a lot of shit low-effort games, but the "good" essentials games feel way more polished than the "good" romhacks.
>>
>>25955409
>Stick to one artstyle and make it consistent.
Gen 3 overworld with gen 5 npcs and gen 6 battles looks like shit.

>When mapping, try to minimize empty space. Lots of maps feel way too large. Compact is better. Try to make it so that there's always something interesting/noteworthy in the screen.

>Don't hesitate to spend a lot of time on small features. They may seem pointless, but they'll make your game feel way more polished.

>Listen to feedback. Watch Let's play videos of your game by other people and take notes on things that could be improved.

>Have at least a basic outline of your story and what you want to do with your game before you start doing anything. Also leave some stuff for the player to discover. Lore and exploration is a great part of Pokemon.

>If you make your own sprites, learn how to shade them for fuck's sake.

>Test the shit out of your game before releasing a demo. And get other people to test it for you too if possible. Nothing is more frustrating than playing a fangame and running into a game-breaking bug.

Also this is more of a personal opinion, but there are way too many gen III games already and I find it to be a huge turn off. Try something else.
>>
File: sc159.png (70 KB, 508x379) Image search: [Google]
sc159.png
70 KB, 508x379
I'm the guy making Pokemon Infinite Fusion. The game got a pretty decent following on youtube. It's a bit overwhelming honestly lol.

Anyway I'm just curious, have any of you here played it? If so, what did you like/dislike about it and what do you think could be improved?
>>
I don't think I can do this. I was playing Storm Silver today (never having played past Gen 3 before) and the mechanism that took me up to Falkner's roost in Violet City floored me.
I can never do anything like that with the tools I have.
I have no knowledge or expertise in programming. I struggle to figure out scripts more complex than giveitem or givepokemon.
I've spent so much time working on hacking in the past 3 months that it's affected my relationship. And for what? The realization that I lack the skills to make anything worthwhile or memorable. I would just create another unpolished also-ran 386 with a few novelty maps.
I'm not good at this and I never will be. I suppose I could try to use that Johto Map resource pack and cobble together a fitting Fire Red post-game and 386 that's not the Sevii Islands. Or I could just go ahead with that western themed idea I had. Ultimately though, I might just give up. I'm an idea guy at heart, it's why I've never been able to finish any artistic endeavor by myself.
I really fucking love mapping though. It's so comfy and soothing, and I've learned a lot from the three months I've been doing it. Might keep chugging along on Kanto Roads anyways, but now I'm kind of ashamed of the hype I generated when I was bright eyed and full of hope and free time. I'm another also-ran, another bumblefuck casual who thought he could into hacking.
Turns out I'm the hack, not the pokemon game I'm trying to create.
>>
Why has none made a mystery dungeon based fangame before? And actually succedeed that is?
>>
>>25970617
Not everyone can have every talent, anon. You ever wonder why the hacks that DO get finished usually have shitty writing/balancing/music/spritework, etc? It's because, while they could script, they lacked one or more of the other talents. You could make a simpler hack and utilize the talents you know you have to their utmost capacity, the result will surely be better than most hacks. Alternatively, you could collaborate with other hackers to fill in each other's skill voids and make something great.

No matter what you choose, best of luck and don't give up!
>>
>>25970617
If your hobby is impacting your personal relationships, you may have a bigger problem than needing to git gud.

Also the mechanism in Violet City's Gym is in vanilla HG/SS I'm fairly sure.
>>
>>25970209
got a download link?
>>
>>25971074
I think it's just symptomatic of larger issues in the relationship, I shouldn't have said anything about that. Forget that part. Not important, not relevant.
Anyways, the mechanism is the point, not whether or not it's hacked in. With my hacking skills I could never do anything even similarly that cool. Like holy shit, I can't even come up with halfway decent gym puzzles like >>25904589, much less some flashy mechanic.
>>25970812
But I appreciate this, reminds me that maybe it's not just my lack of certain skills, that all of us suck in some area. I'm decent at writing and mapping, guess I'll just use those talents to work around everything else.
>>
>>25971142
http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=360
>>
>>25948690
It's too open, and there's no incentive to explore it all. It lacks direction.

You need to make a wall of trees where the red line is, and remove the ledge I circled in red. Now you have an area that has a natural flow for the player to follow. They'll also have a dead-end section that makes it a little more maze-y.

You need to change those trees. You can't have blocks of 4x3 trees everywhere, it looks too unnatural.
>>
File: 1 uh.png (199 KB, 388x324) Image search: [Google]
1 uh.png
199 KB, 388x324
What's the best place to learn to script for gen 3? I'm stumped.
>>
>>25971142
>>25971202
Don't be surprised though, it's going to take a while to download/extract.
That's because the fusions aren't generated in-engine so there are something like 90 000 sprites in there.
>>
>>25971408
How long did it take? Even if they're procedurally generated, that seems like it'd take a long while.
>>
>>25971337
I can teach you while you sit on my lap :3c
>>
File: Untitled.png (130 KB, 598x479) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
130 KB, 598x479
>>25971275
oops, the picture would help!
>>
>>25971337
I learned by looking at in-game scripts using XSE and copying/modifying them. I couldn't find any decent tutorials for things more advanced than, say, "here's how to make a text box appear".
>>
>>25971907
The only things that bother me enough to notice are the gaps between trees and that random ledge by pond.
>>
>>25971174
All the fancy gym puzzles in Gen 4+ games are base.

I don't even think there's a map editor for Gen 4/5 being worked on since SpikeyPichu disappeared.
>>
>>25971275
I don't agree on tree grouping. It looks base game forests, which is fine.
>>
>>25972269
It was the moment in SS that made me go 'whoa'. Then there's the transparent trainer skipper platform around the s platform that almost destroyed the feeling. Violet as a whole was just fantastically redone, can't wait to keep going and see more.
>>
>>25972363
Oh yeah, they're nice to behold the first time.

HGSS was a much better remake in the details then FRLG.

If only they could have paid attention to the shit level scaling.
>>
>>25972616
Eh, I'm playing storm silver so the level scaling doesn't seem awful. That early Eevee and evolution was hokey but cool anyways.
>>
>/heg/ still hasn't combined forces to make a hack
>not just taking a map or two from everyone and making a Frankenstein region
>>
>>25971433
I ripped the sprites from the fusion generator website. The script took about an hour to run iirc.
Maybe more. I can't really remmeber.
>>
>>25898820

What's the best Platinum hack?
>>
File: border blocks are stupid cunts.png (121 KB, 1269x506) Image search: [Google]
border blocks are stupid cunts.png
121 KB, 1269x506
How do I fix this stupid shit with the border blocks? I'm super new to romhacking and want to progress
>>
>>25974480
>/heg/ still hasn't combined forces to make a hack
They wouldn't be able to decide the theme and they'd give up by the next thread.
>>
>>25974480
Hackfags and Essentialsfags wouldn't be able to agree on a base.
>>
>>25974480
Community projects are ass. Especially on 4chan. Best you can get is two fags in a thread working together.

>Implying sage will ever be done
>Implying clover isn't pure shit
>Implying comfy
>Implying aus
>Implying any other shit
>>
>>25975735
In FR, the player can see 7 tiles in any direction at any given time; therefore, if you have a map such as this, you need to make sure the player can't move beyond the 8th tile from the edge of the map, such as your coastline. Simply extend the map 8x8, set those 4 tile water rocks up in an outline to prevent the player from seeing the border tiles where they shouldn't.
>>
File: Ooft7Jm[1].png (39 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
Ooft7Jm[1].png
39 KB, 250x238
>>25975970
aus is making progress
>>
>>25976067
That's not a community project though.
>>
>>25975821
>no theme
>no plot
>maps only
>final destination
>>
>>25976067
PokeAus still exists? I thought it died months ago
>>
>>25978655
it did, this guy is just pissing on the corpse
>>
>>25970209
Fan but

Vanilla looking, plain Essentials look is bad, needs more custom UI. The aspects were unclear at first, fusion is expensive (I get that its meaningful, but yeah)
>>
>>25976399
I'd be cool with that honestly.
>the region is just a bunch of disconnected maps
>all you do is fight trainers and build a better team
As long as they don't waste your time starting you out with the traditional FWG and the early maps only being regional rats/birds/bugs, you could make something interesting.
>>
File: VFE.jpg (585 KB, 864x1104) Image search: [Google]
VFE.jpg
585 KB, 864x1104
Rate/critique
Viridian Forest South; Giovanni never really practiced sustainable forestry, and so the southern section of Viridian Forest has only begun to recover in the past five years since the Lord of Viridian was deposed. Also a good reason to have a tree nursery in Viridian, sort of a civic effort to make amends for the past mistreatment of local lands.
Copied Viridian Forest and cleared it out as a base, because those 9 tile trees are a nightmare to border up. Viridian Forest proper is a designated Nature Preserve.
Trying to make space to stick all those early bugs and birds; between this map, Viridian Forest, Viridian Lake, and Route 2 I think I've got it. I wish Advance Map allowed for about 4 more 10% encounter chance slots.
Don't worry about those sprites on the roof or the tile errors when critiquing. This is a draft.
>>
>>25898820
>gen 7
>literally gives you legendaries after the first town

screencap this.
>>
>>25979968
>gen 7
>the 3 starters are legendaries

screencap this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.