[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello everyone, this is Junichi Masuda from Game Freak. My translator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: 13321100710077.jpg (797 KB, 4865x3237) Image search: [Google]
13321100710077.jpg
797 KB, 4865x3237
Hello everyone, this is Junichi Masuda from Game Freak. My translator will translate any questions you have and translate my answers back into English. Feel free to ask any about the upcoming Pokemon games: Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon!
>>
How many new pokemans?
>>
>>25883005
More than 10
>>
>>25883005
*laughs* i don't really know
>>
What is the new region based off?
>>
Why is this game not going to have a postgame?
>>
>>25882955
Will there be pokemon hentai soon?
>>
>>25883053
My wife's son thought Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were too hard. What will you do to fix this in Sun/Moon?
>>
Do you eat shit?
>>
>>25883028
This region is based on Southern Europe, so Spain, Italy and Southern France.

>>25883053
We feel that our target audience (children) do not care about post-game. Therefore we are deciding to put more content into the main game rather than artificially locking content behind the elite four.

>>25883085
No.

>>25883086
We have implemented mode similar to that found in games like Fire Emblem fates. If a Pokemon has been fainted, it will revive itself after a turn. There will also be a friend character who will act as a side-kick for the player and heal your Pokemon after every battle.
>>
What are your thoughts on the UK's referendum to leave the EU?
>>
But I want to see pikatchu get fucked by charzar
>>
>>25883098
I do not. However, I do drink urine.
>>
>>25883098
No.

>>25883144
I think that both sides have strong arguments.
>>
>>25882955
Can we see Moon/Sun trailer again?
>>
>>25883129
>fainted pokemon revive themselves after a turn.
Lolwut, how do you win a 6v6 battle?
>>
>>25883288
Obviously only on the players side
>>
>>25883266
Sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdTQ6NXTrE0

>>25883288
There's a key item that revives your Pokemon after they faint. It will obviously be disabled during Wi-Fi and link battles.
>>
Do you want people to watch the Pokemon games instead of playing them? Is that why they're so easy?
>>
File: pepeanger.jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pepeanger.jpg
47 KB, 900x900
GIVE JOHTO STARTERS MEGA NOW REEEE
>>
>>25883315
Can we dress up our players again?

Is the player girl cute?

Can you give us one of the types of the box legendaries?

Does Zygarde have plot relevance?
>>
>>25883315
Finally! My team of lvl 4 weedles will make the hall of fame!
>>
>>25883328
You seem to have gotten it the wrong way around. If we make the games too hard then people won't want to play it and they'll just watch people play it. We want people of all ages to enjoy the game.

>>25883335
>Can we dress up our players again?
No

>Is the player girl cute?
Yes

>Can you give us one of the types of the box legendaries?
Fairy

>Does Zygarde have plot relevance?
Who?
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1980x1980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1980x1980
Is pizzaposta a new pokemon
>>
File: Zygarde.jpg (35 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde.jpg
35 KB, 578x327
>>25883364
>Who
This guy

Will the player girl have Pink Hair?

Does the player girl wear pants or a skirt

Is the rival friendly like Barry/Cheren or an ass like Blue/Silver
>>
>>25883129
Hello. I think I accurately speak for everyone when I say this.

Your target audience is kids, yes, but around 60% of the audience receiving the games are ages 15+. We don't care about what these "Casual Players" want, we want a game. Not a somewhat amusing paperweight. This means content. We want content, both pre and post game. We want the Battle Frontier, we want a consistent story, we want more Pokémon, and we seriously want difficulty. 60% of your fan base can't be wrong, please fix the problem Masuda chan.
>>
>>25883389
No.

>>25883390
>This guy
You'll have to wait and see what role Zygarde plays in the game

>Will the player girl have Pink Hair?
No

>Does the player girl wear pants or a skirt
Pants

>Is the rival friendly like Barry/Cheren or an ass like Blue/Silver
Friendly

>>25883489
Every Pokemon game so far has been very easy. If fans really wanted a hard game then why do our easy games continue to sell millions? Why are Black 2 and White 2 (the only games with a hard mode) the worst selling games in the franchise?

We at Game Freak have been making Pokemon games for the last 20 years. I think we know a little better than some random strangers on the internet.
>>
>>25883556
Forgot my tripcode
>>
>>25883364
Lol, poor confused Masuda. If it's too hard? Lol, FireRed and LeafGreen. That is the ideal difficulty, but HeartGold and SoulSilver works too. You don't get it? Not many liked X and Y. They were terrible. Too easy, no post game, just terrible. Make itharder, have a post game, or you effectively lose the majority of the people buying it. And what are you talking about, people will watch if it's too hard? That's never been a thing before, so why would people start now?
>>
>>25883556
>Player girl wears pants

Into the trash she goes

>Friendly Rival

Into the trash he/she goes
>>
Why did you pick such retarded names?
>>
File: laughingwhiscash.png (82 KB, 439x370) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhiscash.png
82 KB, 439x370
>>25883556
>I think we know a little better than some people who have played our games for as long as we've been making them
He would totally think this, the smug prick
>>
File: herow.jpg (107 KB, 548x623) Image search: [Google]
herow.jpg
107 KB, 548x623
Doo noto risen too himu
I amu za riaru Masuda
よろしくお願いします
>>
>>25883614
nice trip
>>
>>25883568
Pokemon Red and Green were in development for 5 years. And Pokemon Red and Blue didn't come to America until two years after the Japanese release. So we have been making Pokemon games for at least 7 years longer than you have been playing them.
>>
Mega Flygon when
>>
Mega delibird when?
>>
>>25883632
Apologies, I have quoted the wrong post. This was meant for >>25883592

>>25883614
delet this
>>
>>25883632
Yeah and most of those 5 years were spent developing code that had more holes than Swiss cheese :^)
>>
>>25883556
No, no you don't. You've lost connection with yourselves. FireRed and LeafGreen were the most difficult, followed by HeartGold and SoulSilver, and those four are incredibly hard to even purchase these days, they're so expensive. Black 2 and White 2 were great, but you made a mistake there. The difficulty could only be changed at the end of the game, and that was a bad idea. If we want hard, we want it to be for the whole game, not just a small part at the end of it. Also, none of the Pokémon games in the past have been easy. Not until X and Y. You fool yourself if you can't see that.
>>
>>25883662
>none of the Pokémon games in the past have been easy
Literal children have been able to beat the games. If you honestly think past Pokemon games were hard then you have some mental disability.
>>
>>25883632
And that matters? I was born in August of 1995, when Pokémon first came out. I've literally been your biggest fan. I don't care what you do, I'll love it regardless, but I'm simply saying that you could make it easier for me, and the other 60% to love them so much more. Let Pokémon follow us again, have an extensive post game, do something amazing. It's the 20th anniversary, we're your fans, we've told you what we want, wow us. Please.
>>
>>25883689
LeafGreen, Lv. 80 Moltres, still couldn't beat Lorelei. You obviously never played either of those though.
>>
>>25883749
I beat Leaf Green plenty of times when I was about 10. I didn't even need to use legendaries. Knowing basic type match-ups and having a team that covers most types can let you beat any Pokemon game without even needing to grind.
>>
>>25883773
Well, I was about 12, but it still holds it's difficulty, compared to X and Y. Besides, how do we know that you don't just happen to be better at it than everyone else? I'm good, really good now, but even with strategy, it still takes several days to complete my FireRed version, from start to finish... Which, ironically, is my point! I haven't beaten my new game on my Y version simply because it's boring. I'm playing Platinum right now, because it's fun, but it actually has content, so it has a reason. X and Y don't really have any content. It's like the anime dying wasn't enough, Masuda is trying to kill the games too...
>>
>>25883840
Define content. And honestly if you turn off the exp share then X/Y become pretty difficult since trainer Pokemon now actually have good movesets (so being under-leveled puts you at a big disadvantage).
>>
>>25883897
Content. How stupid can you be? Ok, let's see, stuff to do, places to go, people to talk to. Black 2 and White 2 were arguably the best games because of the amount of content, along with HG/SS and FR/LG. Also, no, you're crazy. X and Y were way too easy. I never even used the Exp. Share the first time through, I didn't know it was a key item. I was under leveled, and still beat everyone. It's what's called a pushover. Bad movesets, bad ai, bad everything. Especially when compared to older games with more content, like almost everything before it.
>>
>>25883129
>If a Pokemon has been fainted, it will revive itself after a turn

Bait, abandon thread.
>>
>>25882955
Wie lange hat es gedauert Sone und Mond zu Programmieren ?
>>
>>25883993
>Ok, let's see, stuff to do, places to go, people to talk to
XY has all of that, it's certainly tied with Black 2/White 2. Hello, Lumiose City alone has more content than half of Johto.

>I never even used the Exp. Share the first time through, I didn't know it was a key item. I was under leveled, and still beat everyone
The game turns on the Exp. Share by default and using it causes you to be over-leveled. So you're obviously lying about this. You were either aware of the Exp. Share and explicitly turned it off. Or you never realised what it was and left it on (so you would have been underleveled).

>bad movesets, bad ai, bad everything
Aside from a few notable exceptions (like Tierno), the movesets and AI are no worse than the previous games. Since Pokemon actually learn more moves via level-up, the Pokemon would actually have better movesets. Compare it to older games, where a Pokemon is stuck with moves like Scratch until they reach level 40.

Honestly, if you struggled with older Pokemon games then you have no real concept of what difficulty is.
>>
>>25884102
Oh, look at me, I'm the autistic cuck who's better than you. Fuck off m8. The AI was terrible, and I know what difficulty is. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, beat the game on Critical Mode with Exp Zero on. That means I beat it at Lv. 1. Also, no, I didn't know about the Exp. Share being a key item until Olympia, I just didn't grind because I saw no reason to. Again, terrible AI. I HAVE difficulty with the older games because the older games are difficult. Simple as that. That's why I play them. They're engaging, and make you think, and work hard. It's not too easy, and just the right amount of hard. Lol, the real Masuda is at a conference right now. He couldn't be here. Also, what Pokémon was stuck with scratch? I don't remember that being a problem in HG/SS...
>>
>>25884273
please fuck off with your tripfagging self righteous bullshit jesus
>>
>>25884273
Another tripfag for the filter, thanks!
>>
>>25882955
Do you prefer anal or vaginal sex?
>>
>>25884525
Anal. What are you? Gay?
>>
>>25884491
>>25884327
Just because I a job doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. Btw, thread being pruned.
>>
>>25884594
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's relevant...
>>
>>25884603
On it's own, no. When 60% of the fan base agrees, however, it becomes very relevant.
>>
>>25884618
I'm pretty sure that 60% of people didn't have a difficult time beating a fucking Pokemon game.
>>
>>25884640
Yeah, most did. Not everyone is a piece of elitist scum.
>>
>>25883662
>none of the Pokémon games in the past have been easy
I'm sorry, what?
Do you have cerebral palsy or chronic seizures?
What Pokémon game has ever been hard?

>this is what contrarians who try to find reasons to shit on X/Y actually believe
>>
>>25884678
>All Pokémon games are easy.
This is what autistic underages XYfags believe.
>>
>>25883840
I'm sorry Anon, but that guy's right. Basic type match-ups and decent leveling is ALL you have ever needed to beat Pokémon games.
I don't think he's particularly good, I think you're astoundingly bad.
>>
>>25884695
This is what anyone who's played them all knows, really. Have you seriously had a hard time beating any Pokemon game? No joke?
>>
>>25884670
Why don't you try something more your level like Angry Birds or something?
>>
Does Zygarde have plot relevance?
>>
are you really Junichi Masuda because are posting false information about Pokémon Sun & Moon?
>>
Will Sun & Moon have a battle frontier?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.