[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sound Type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9
File: latest[2].png (189 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
189 KB, 450x450
Considering Fairy got in for no reason at all, I'd say Sound has a fair chance of getting in fully itself. It has consistent thematic designs, a load of Pokemon and moves that could be converted to said typing, and already partially exists, with an ability to make one immune to it.

If(when) it gets in, what do you suppose the match-ups will be? I guarantee that water will be weak to it, if not completely immune/resistant, which would definitely help balance out the type chart some.

https://youtu.be/W4DnuQOtA8E?t=143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uENITui5_jU
>>
File: groundhog day.jpg (91 KB, 556x312) Image search: [Google]
groundhog day.jpg
91 KB, 556x312
>>
File: 1458344310146.png (102 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
1458344310146.png
102 KB, 362x362
>>25878880
>fairy type got in for no reason
>>
>>25878880
>Considering Fairy got in for no reason at all,

There was a reason for it though.
>>
>>25878916
>>25878913
No reason at all. The type doesn't even have a consistent theme, switching between "mythological" to "cute blobs" with every other family.
>>
>>25878880
>Fairy got in for no reason at all
It's all uphill from there OP.
>>
File: aflkdsajflavdb.png (251 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
aflkdsajflavdb.png
251 KB, 500x375
>>25878880
Sound has no reason to exist as a typing. It works as an attribute and nothing more.

Sound is only an attribute like Punching moves, or Biting moves, or Pulse moves.

or are you implying Punch, Bite and Pulse should be a type too
>>
>>25879608
Contact moves = Touch type
Powder/Spore = Olfactory type
>>
Gamefreak is slowly getting rid of normal typing.
All Flying/Normal will be changed to Flying/Sound
>>
>>25879723
Make Pidgeot a Flying/Wind type.
>>
>>25879723
>Gamefreak is slowly getting of normal typing
>Added normal type to Litleo and Helioptile lines for no reason
What
>>
>>25878946

It's almost as if it was just recently introduced and currently just limited to a small batch of mons.

[Spoiler]Just like dark and steel when they were first introduced[/spoiler]
>>
File: a mistake.jpg (72 KB, 537x301) Image search: [Google]
a mistake.jpg
72 KB, 537x301
Normal type was a mistake.
>>
>>25879608
this.

And I'd rather not have every move that can break through sub one fucking type.
>>
>>25878946
>The type doesn't even have a consistent theme, switching between "mythological" to "cute blobs"
It's almost as if GF wanted them to be like fairies!
>>
>>25879608
Are you retarded? Sound is very obviously an element. It's not an "attribute" anymore than Normal or Fire.
>>
>>25880531
He meant it's an attribute of a move. Just like there are contact moves (most physical moves and a few special ones like Grass Knot) and biting moves (Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch, etc), there are sound moves (Boomburst, Bug Buzz, Sing, etc). That's different than Normal of Fire, which are types.
>>
>>25878880

I agree OP. Sound would be an easy balancing type, but that's why Gamefreak won't do it.

I'd personally prefer some sort of space-like type. Like Astral.

Astral Type(Or Virus Type?):

>SE Against: Astral, Psychic,
>SE From: Fire, Ice, Poison
>Not Very Effective Against: Fire, Ice, Poison
>>
>>25878946
>The type doesn't even have a consistent theme, switching between "mythological" to "cute blobs" with every other family.

Not like that's unique to Fairy. There are plenty of Dragon-types who aren't really dragons at all (Altaria, Garchomp, Vibrava).
>>
>>25879733
Litleo and Pyroar have a reason. It's a placeholder for sound type hence the stab on Hyper Voice/Echoed Voice. Heliolisk is the one who makes no sense.
>>
I don't get how people decide what constitutes a type and what don't.
Pokemon types are literally just a bunch of buzzword with no sense or logic behind whatsoever.
What does normal mean? Why fighting is a type? Why a verb is a type? Don't all pokemon fights? What's the point in flying when the type is used mostly only as a normal and bug subtype for bugs and birds? Why some pokemon are classificated by the animal they're based on and some just by element slapped on it? Why Ice exists when it is only a state of wate? Why sound based and air based move are considered norma? Why steel and not every metal? What the fuck does dark even mean since the type is mostly about foul play? Why a mime is a fairy and literally totoro the pokemon is not?
>>
>>25880591
Heliolisk is probably Normal so he gets stap Hyper Beam. Should have just given him solarbeam.
>>
Someone should just make a romhack with the sound type fully implemented, and that way people can actually try it instead of just arguing about it.
>>
>>25880586
Altaria has some mythological roots, but yeah I got nothing with Garchomp.

Vibrava's a mid-stage in preparation for the Flygon visual pun.
>>
>>25880121

nice job missing the point.
>>
>>25880586
Dragon and Fairy seem to be defined by whether the people in the Pokemon world consider them dragons or fairies. As in, I don't think you can do a DNA test and determine if a Pokemon is Dragon or Fairy type. Hence why both include Pokemon that are only typed for the sake of a pun (Ampharos and Swirlix/Slurpuff).
>>
>>25878880
Sound move could be a good addition but lol no, Boomberst would need to be nerfed into the ground or kept normal type for it to work.

Imho it could work better as a ability.
>>
>>25882832
Also with the addition of sound type -ate abilities would become mostly worthless for special attackers such as Sylveon and Gardevoir.
>>
>>25880606
>What the fuck does dark even mean since the type is mostly about foul play?
its evil type in japanese
>>
>>25882863
Yes and why it's called dark? It only triggers faggot into asking ludicrous light type.
I'm all in for the addiction of new types, fairy was one of the best thing that came out of GEN VI, but I'd rather see them remaking the type charts (and the pokedex) from ground up. Instead of keeping adding shit, let's fix and balance what we have first.
>>
>>25878880
If they were going to introduce a new type out of nowhere, Light would be next.
>>
>>25880606
generally the logic you can apply is with moves
it's like when people say rock and ground should just be an earth type because they're so similar, but then you look at rock slide and earthquake and the differences make sense

sound as an attacking type mostly a bunch of normal status moves, and a few normal attacks like hyper voice and boomburst
there's not really much else to explore
>>
>>25882880
NEW TYPES
>plant (previously grass)
>water (encompasses ice)
>fire
>air (air and sound related moves get shoved here)
>electric
>poison
>ground
>rock
>metal (previously steel)
>PSY (previously psychic)
>warrior (previously fighting)
>mischiever (previously dark)
>bug
>beast (part of previously normal, for the quadrupedal ones)
>ogre (part of previously normal, for the bipedal ones)
>fairy
>dragon
>ghost
>>
>>25882885
>no light related pokemon
>no light related moves
>dark is evil so it's no counterpart
>sound related moves
>sound based pokemon
>sound related abilities

Fuck off, the next one is sound.
>>
>>25882885

Physical light is electric.
"Holy" light is Psychic
>>
>>25882880
>ludicrous light type

Light's an element on the level of fire and water. More than nomal, fighting, fairy, ghost, dragon and bug. What's so ludicrous about it?
>>
>>25882887
False. There are like 25 sound related moves of various types, there are sound related abilites and at least 10 families related to sound. It's the next logical step, as it was fairy.
>>
Earplugs as a new item should be a thing too. But I would prefer if pixilated fairies would still be a thing along with it to get Hyedragon and other quad fairies weak mons to revenge in double battle.
>>
File: Face_freeze_group.jpg (53 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
Face_freeze_group.jpg
53 KB, 500x301
>>25882912
>remaking the type chart
>not combining Ground and Rock
>>
>>25882932
Yes, but in the actual pokedex there is no room for light pokemon. If they FINALLY decide to
>revise the typechart from scratch
>revise and complete the movedex
>revise and complete the abilitydex
>pick every fucking pokemon and revise BST, ability, learnest, evolution and methods

and then they add a light type with new light related pokemon I will be perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>25882912

Ground, rock and steel should all fall into "mineral" type
>>
>>25882936
>false
what's false?
I said most sound moves are status moves or normal type attacks, which is true
bug buzz and disarming voice are the only exceptions
>>
>>25882880
>Yes and why it's called dark?
Because inside of them, they have a dark heart that leads to their unfair attack style.

Also because the American kiddies can't handle the EVIL, and the parents will decry the Satanism even more. Too much of a hassle.
>>
>>25882947
if you combine rock and ground, either
>flying types are now immune to rock slide
or
>flying types are now vulnerable to earthquake
they're too different as attacks to combine without causing some issues
>>
>>25882992
Just make Ground and Ice secondary move attributes like how Sound/Contact/Punch/Powder/Fang moves currently are.

Rock and Ice are such shitty types for a Pokemon to BE.
>>
>>25883016
Exactly. Same for Ice.

What about bio type? For pokemon that can easily adapt and change their biological composition (Eevee, Ditto, Deoxys, Castform, Kecleon, Arceus) it could be useful to categorize the normal types that don't fit into fairy, beast or ogre.
>>
>>25883016
>Mamoswine is now the same typing as Corsola
>>
>>25882927
Funny considering there are literally no light-based electric moves and literally no holy psychic type moves. You would have been better saying that Light was Psychic since Luster Purge and Light Screen exist even though that's still blatantly untrue.

>>25882921
If you make a sound type you remove pretty much the entire special attack capability of the Normal and Bug types, you are gimped out of the gate by Soundproof, you have unclear hard-to-work-out new type relations and you have to justify yet another retcon of formerly non-(newtype) pokemon. That said, it is still a prospective type that makes sense, just with drawbacks that would be more work to deal with.

If you make a light type you have a whole new theme to explore is undeniably an element more than normal, fighting, ghost, fairy, dragon or bug, you have clear easy-to-work-out new type relations and you can just say "Oh, there's a Light type, it's found in this new region but wasn't known in the others" instead of having to retcon very many old pokemon. There are light-based old pokemon like Luxray, Volbeat and Illumise and there are light-based old moves like Flash. It doesn't matter if it's a counterpart to Dark or not, but it could not be a counterpart as Light-type in both Jap and English or could be a counterpart as Holy/White-type in Jap and Light type in English. It would be easy to do, and I've never heard a good argument against any of this except for muh status quo.
>>
>>25882912
I say split Normal between the mundane animals and the type changers/gimmickmons (Ditto, Porygon, Smeargle, Castform, Kecleon, Arceus, maybe Eevee).
>>
>>25882832
> Boomberst would need to be nerfed into the ground or kept normal type for it to work.

I don't think so. Yeah, it would be strong as hell but its also a move with shit distribution. Only like 5 pokemon can learn it.
>>
>>25879608
kys
>>
>>25878880
Sound is too basic a property to be its own special type. Sound as a Moves category is perfect the way it is.
>>
Isn't Fairy essentially the 'Light/Good' type?
>>
>>25883302
It's, logically, the next step (if there were ever to be a new type).

>b-b-but muh Bug Buzz (or any other non-Normal sound-based moves)
Dual type the move (or fuck, leave as-is)

>Muh Normal-type Special Attackers
Add new moves

Plenty of retcons, an established attribute...if a new type ever comes (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen), it'll be Sound.
>>
>>25883343
No, Fairy is Fae/Magic. Fairies aren't good or bad, just playful, and are associated with moonlight because moonlight was classically magical in mythology surrounding Fae.

If you want to compare Light/Holy to a mythical creature they can be compared to angels. There is no type for that or light as a laser. But could be easily done.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>>25883437
>mythical creature
>angels
>>
>>25883281
Noivern alone would be enough to force a nerf.
>>
File: 1459013607546.jpg (14 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
1459013607546.jpg
14 KB, 299x168
>>25879723
Sound-type is code for Anti-Normal.
>>
>>25880591
Well Heliolisk makes sense for when we get Light type
>>
>>25878880
stuff like Bug Buzz already has a typing so no it won't happen
>>
>>25883946
>steel wing exists so we can't have flying type
>>
There are too many Pokemon that are already dual type that fit the Sound typing:

Noivern
Zubat family
Jigglypuff family
Swoobat family

You can't add a sound type and not include these but they already have two types that fit well.
>>
>>25883946
Yes because moves can never change types between generations. I mean seriously Charm is a normal move right now right? Also Curse is ??? type.
>>
>>25883998
Jigglypuff would just have Normal replaced by Sound like Togetic.

Plenty of mons like Gliscor and Flygon could qualify for 3+ types so it's not a big deal if Noivern and Swoobat don't get retyped. They could always get megas that change type.
>>
Why cant someone just make a romhack with all of these different types so we can check them out
>>
>>25883966
Steel Wing was introduced in gen 2 idiot
>>25884021
GF had no problem with retconing normal type because they're basically a blank type, so they could do it for stuff like Hyper Voice (but i doubt they ever will now that we have abilities like Aerialate etc.) if you really think they're gonna change Bug Buzz from Bug to random shit like Sound you're legitimately retarded
>>
>>25879736
:^)
>>
Proposal:

Light Type (Holy/White Type in Japan)

Offensively
1/2x
>Grass
>Ice
>Water
2x
>Ghost
>Dark
>Poison
>Steel* (laser cut steel)

Defensively
1/2x
>Ghost
>Fire* (light source)
>Electric* (light source)
2x
>Dark
>Grass
>Psychic* (illusion)

* = if heavy anti-meta, with quick stuff you can use to justify it

>Physical Moves = Hitting with something covered in light (in the style of fire and electric)
>Special Moves = Lasers, strong flashes and exorcism
>Status Moves = Accuracy, healing, status removal, a terrain, unique things

Has this been thought through enough?
>>
>>25884424
are you fourteen
>>
>>25884212
>Steel Wing was introduced in gen 2 idiot
So? The point is moves can be more than one type thematically, a la Steel Wing. Blaze Kick, Muddy Water, Shadow Ball, Mist Ball, etc. Bug Buzz would be no different.

Also, there's no reason they can't change Bug Buzz to sound. Just make is a sound move that a lot of bugs can learn for coverage, in the same way that Steel Wing is a steel move that a lot of Flying types can learn for coverage.
>>
I would agree with you OP, but Gen 6 making them bypass Subs make me doubtful.
>>
>>25884424
What pokemon would be retyped?
>>
>>25884424
I can see the logic in the type matchups. Makes sense though I don't think a new type is needed.

>>25885086
Good argument, fag
>>
How about a reddit type, they would be the funniest and smartest type! :)
>>
>>25885248
how dense can one person be, you're beyond help
>>
>>25885307
Probably Luxray, Volbeat and Illumise. Flash and Double Team for moves. But the appeal is that you don't have to retype so much old stuff for Light to work. It's a barely touched element, unlike Sound or Fairy before it.
>>
>>25885462
Lumineon
>>
>>25878946
>nerfs dragon
>buffs poison
>no reason
>>
>>25885459
What's the problem? You're saying Sound Type can't exist because Bug Buzz though, but that doesn't make any sense. Moves can be more than one type thematically but of course all of them except for one are only one type in actuality.

Or they can just make Bug Buzz sound. No reason it can't happen.
>>
>>25885403
But I.. Xdddd would love better.….. Autistic type xddddddddddd... ... Get over with it fag...... Zzz
>>
>>25882956
Lanturn/Chinchou
>>
>>25884095
There are so many of these already.
It's almost always terribly unbalanced
>>
Why would GameFreak shove Hyper Voice onto Gardevoir and Sylveon (and Altaria, right?) for the purpose of giving them an actual use for Pixilate only to remove that single boon in order to make an unnecessary typing the next generation? Or are people thinking Hyper Voice would remain Normal? What would even be the purpose of Pixilate on those Pokemon at that point? It makes no sense.
>>
>>25885732
Yeah the -ate abilities and increasing use of dual-type Normies makes me think they currently have no plans for a Sound type. Why make new type combos only to take them away?
>>
>>25885493
>Or they can just make Bug Buzz sound

oh yeah and then they can make Techno Blast Techno type and Meteor Mash Cosmic type, it totally can happen! ... oh wait no that sounds fucking stupid

There's absolutely no fucking reason for GF to mess up with the chart once again, retcon this retcon that at fucking random and leave certain type without their moves of choice
Steel Wing was created with the STEEL type in mind (potentially for Skarmory and to give Flying types more coverage) just like Bug Buzz was created to give BUG types a standard special move (shadow ball, psychic etc.)

Sound is meant to be an extra hidden detail and already effects battles, unlike fairy which was created from literally nothing beside an egg group

also >>25885732 what this guy said
>>
>>25885954
>Steel Wing was created with the STEEL type in mind (potentially for Skarmory and to give Flying types more coverage)
And making Bug Buzz sound would have the same effect. Sure, it wasn't created specifically for the purpose like Steel Wing was, but that doesn't matter when the end result is the same.
>Bug Buzz was created to give BUG types a standard special move (shadow ball, psychic etc.)
Infestation, Silver Wind, Signal Beam, and Struggle Bug are all special and all have plenty of distribution too.

>>25885732
>>25885936
>implying giving pokemon useless abilities is anything new for gamefreak
>>
>>25886049
Sure, there are abilities that don't have use in battle and there are abilities that hinder Pokemon, but giving a whole set of Mega Pokemon a totally new ability with a specific purpose and then taking that purpose away for really no reason is just beyond stupid. It won't happen. What you said isn't an argument at all against my point.
>>
ITT: AUTISM OF THE HIGHEST CALIBRE.
and the poor saps getting trolled by sound fags.
>>
>>25886352
it's like arguing with 6.5 or zodiacfags, at one point you have to stop otherwise you'll end up in a sanatory
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.