[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Furries aside. Shitposting aside. Is Delphox good? Is it fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: phox of del.png (2 MB, 1600x961) Image search: [Google]
phox of del.png
2 MB, 1600x961
Furries aside.
Shitposting aside.
Is Delphox good?
Is it fun?
Never used and contemplating doing so.
>>
No and no

the design is shit, and doesnt convey wizard well
>>
Its Magician gimmick with Solar Beam + Power Herb or Overheat + White Herb is fun. Outside of that, it's a mediocre special attacker with a laughable movepool for a wizard.
>>
>>25878489
I always felt it was more witch than wizard. Braixen's tail looks like a fucking broom, even.

>inb4 witches and wizards are the same thing
>>
it's an /okay/ mon competitively. not sitting on the short bus with Meganium and Torterra but not gonna hold a candle to Greninja and Blaziken a far as starters go.

Unfortunately, Psychics just can't cut it anymore, with Steel losing its resistance to Dark, it's a much more spammable move that makes it hard to survive in a place where Tyranitar and Mega Sableye are kings.

is it fun to use? oh hell yes. having it get access to Dazzling Gleam on predicted dark switches is always helpful, and 104 speed is always appreciated to outspeed non-scarf'd Garchomps. But in what it can do, it just can't do it good enough sadly.
>>
Thank you all for your answers.
Since I'm discouraged from using it, how would Rapidash or Pyroar fair?
I'm not trying to be a fag and pick shit mons they just seem fun and would be cool IRL in my opinion.
>>
Greninja stole the show here. Its pretty obvious it was made to be the most popular, and they tried to push the point forward by giving it the best ability of this trio.

I have no idea why they would give a wizard the ability a thief would have but Delphox just got shat on the second it was born.

You know, Delphox would of been one of the only fire types I would say give Ice beam. It should of learned a bunch of element attacks. Ice beam, Thunder Bolt, Energy Ball, Earth Power. I would of totally understood why it would have those.

I mean its not the worse pokemon out there, but for what potential it could of had, its kind of sad.
>>
Delphox ain't a bad design, it just needs a hat like Mismagius
Nice to have a starter that isn't Fire/Fighting, as well, but it's not fun to use imo.
>>
>>25878480
I used to use a specially defensive one with Mythical fire, Will O Wisp, Substitute and Wish, it wasn't amazing, but did its job pretty well, you could catch people off guard since most people expect it to be a special attacker.
>>
>>25878480
I tried using it in an x rerun and dropped it around the 4th gym for a crobat
>>
>>25878803

How would you guys feel about delphox if it got a few more coverage moves and it's HA was something like...a built in expert belt, or if that's too close to protean something like competitive or unaware?
>>
>>25878928
Honestly, Magic Guard or Magic Bounce in combination with more coverage moves would be enough to make it viable, maybe even OU.
>>
>>25878489
You have shit taste, but I do agree on the latter.
>>
>>25878480
It's oaky for a starter. It's on about the same level as Typhlosion, kinda underwhelming, but it gets the job done. I wish it learned more moves. Chestnaught's a shitload funner, though.
>>
>>25878956

I could get behind either of those too. Magician just feels like a slap in the face compared to protean and bulletproof honestly.

>>25878966

If they gave the female one a hat and dialed back on the dress for male ones (and the ear fuzz on both) I'd like the design. It just seems like a missed opportunity for some obvious gender differences.
>>
>>25878760
OP here. Sorry to be a fag, just wondering what your opinions are.
>>
>>25878983
It's better than typhlosion, but just about everything is.
>>
>>25878480
It gets hard-walled by heatran outside of HP ground...and Scarf-lando/garchomp have a field day with it. Also loses the 1v1 with tyranitar, even with grass knot, which is more powerful than solar beam do to the ladder dealing half damage in the sand. Speaking of which, Excadrill is a major concern when either a] in the sand, or b] scarfed.

...And then there's gengar and weavile, who outspeed and KO it.

>But muh scarf set
It's not worth scarfing something unless you have a move that has 120 BP before stab is applied, or you have a base 125 or higher offensive stat. Without the necessary tools, you just barely miss out on having any meaningful enough damage to justify being locked into one move.

It's a tough life for delphox. With enough care, it can do very well, and be very successful for you...but that philosophy can be applied to almost every pokemon.
>>
>>25878988
>magician
Don't remind me
>here have stab on all your attacks and the ability to change your resistances
>here have immunity to some common moves
>here have a shittier knockoff
maybe if they stuck with the gems it wouldn't be as bad
>>
>>25879083
>this ru pokemon gets dumpstered by ou mons
You don't say
>>
>>25878480
you most likely will never be happy with what you pick because i promise you. no what what you pick. people will talk shit about. talk about why its a bad choice over something else. there is always that something else.
>>
>>25879188
this is sadly the truth
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.