[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me anon. Which one was your first shiny and in which game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
Tell me anon. Which one was your first shiny and in which game did you catch it? Mine was Oddish back in pokémon crystal
>>
>>25878106
Krabby, Pokemon Silver.

My cousin's was interestingly technically a Clefairy that he had moved from his Red to Gold.
>>
>>25878106
Green Pelipper in Sapphire.
Didn't think much of it, but I caught it and kept in the PC.
I restarted the game and didn't regret it until I caught my second shiny.
s-sorry Pelipper
>>
Tentacruel in crystal. Had no clue why it was colored different and sparkled but it looked cool so I caught it.
>>
I caught a tentacool in Heart Gold. I also caught a Venipede and Joltik in White, a Mareep in Heart Gold, and a Wingull in Platinum. I had the first three on my X save file, but it got all corrupted somehow, and self deleted. So I lost my first three. That's just part of why I hate Pokemon X.
>>
Sandshrew

Heartgold
>>
The first one I got on a cartridge was Geodude in Emerald, and I cloned that fucker to no end and traded them for random shit to finish the nat dex in Gen IV. It was nice. Now I have a shiny Geodude, Graveler, and Golem.
>>
>>25878215
>That's just part of why I hate Pokemon X
You're the only one to blame for not taking proper care of your game.
>>
Altaria in White.

Honestly didn't process it was shiny for a second because I never thought I'd actually encounter one after 10+ years of this shit.

It's got shit stats and nature.

Tweety sits in a box now in OR.
>>
Parasect in Crystal but I killed it, months later I discover Serebii and what shinies are and almost drop dead.
However, my second shiny was a Gastly in FireRed, of course he became my bro.
>>
>>25878106
A Buizel in Diamond. Today I have almost three boxes of legit shinies, but at the time I nearly had a heart attack.
>>
File: 1458416059039.png (58 KB, 298x251) Image search: [Google]
1458416059039.png
58 KB, 298x251
>>25878106
I found a golden Onix in Soul Silver while training my Venusaur on Mount Silver and I still have it to this day as a Steelix :3
>>
>>25878325
>I have almost three boxes of legit shinies

I hope you realize only wild caught shinies and randomly shiny event pokemon are legit shinies.
>>
>During the months leading to Ruby/Sapphire
>Completed Crystal long by now at this point and was probably still playing looking for legendaries
>Walking just east of starter town
>Shiny Ratatat
>Meh reaction

I think Crystal was the last time I truly enjoyed this series followed by such a large decline in interest
>>
Fearow in fire red. Still have her her name is Aurora.
>>
Puke-green Ursaring in SS, found during that interminable Mt Silver grind. It has a -speed nature and Quick Feet.
>>
>>25878106
My first shiny was a vulpix that my sister's friend gave me in heart gold my first caught was ratata in fire red
>>
Mine was a Tyrogue in Crystal a while back.
>>
>>25878151
My fist shiny was also a Krabby in Silver. I was fishing in Olivine for a Corsola.
>>
A Ledyba I couldn't catch in Crystal because they hadn't given you Pokéballs yet
>>
>>25878106
Bronzong, Pearl. Caught it in the grassy area under the cycling bridge. I didn't even know what a shiny was at that point but I knew it was special. Sadly I've lost it over the years moving it through my different games.
>>
I actually got a shiny Sudowoodo the first time I played Gold. I actually didn't know it was special, since it was the first time I saw one, until my brother caught up on Silver.

Also saw a Shiny Drowzee near the daycare but didn't catch it, didn't really get the difference at a young age.
>>
Tranquill in Pokemon B/W, never encountered shines in previous games before him.
>>
Fearow, Fire Red, kinda meh shiny tho.
>>
>>25878106
I have only got the red Gyarados
>>
My first shiny was a Quagsire in the D/P Great Marsh. It ran on the first turn.

I'm still traumatized.
>>
everybody would say "wew lad" "too edgy" or something but this was pure chance to me, even i couldnt believe it to this day.
I was trying my best to catch a feebas in emerald back then (because muh beautiful milotic) and after a hundred tries a was thoroughly shocked i had encountered a shiny feebas. i never did anything about it and immediately wasted 20 pokeballs until i caught it. i still have it up to this day.
>>
Vibrava.
>>
Lugia in SoulSilver, was absolutely exstatic when i saw the pink and heard the sound of sparkles for the first time in my games
>>
>>25878748
wew lad
>>
I've never caught a shiny, obligatory red gyarados aside
>>
Sandshrew in pokémon gold in like 2000. I had no idea what the thing was.
>>
>>25878106
same but in emerald. ran out of greatballs and had to kill the fucker :'(
>>
mawhile in black
>>
File: 423_Gastrodon_East_DP_Shiny.png (52 KB, 520x572) Image search: [Google]
423_Gastrodon_East_DP_Shiny.png
52 KB, 520x572
>>25878106
First shiny ever was Gastrodon in platinum

But i do have vague memories of a blue Corsola in Crystal
>>
An Igglybuff in Crystal
>>
Got a Geodude in Pearl. Managed to evolve it into a Golem but unfortunately my SS data got corrrupted. Lost about 9 others too.
>>
Not counting the shiny Gyarados you get in gold, my first shiny was a patrat in pokemon black (I can't believe it took me that long ;-;)
>>
A damned ekans in FireRed, sadly I had to kill it. And now I make sure I carry a fuckton of ultraballs everywhere I go.
But (at least) I caught a shiny hoppip recently.
>>
I found a pink Hypno in Berry Forest in LeafGreen about a decade ago. It's been lost for years.
>>
>>25878151
>>25878367
Mine was a Krabby in Gold.
>>
Shiny Butterfree in pokemon silver. I was bored and spent some time headbutting trees in the NE corner of Lake of Rage.
I had no idea what fuck had happened.
>>
Hasty Diglett in Leaf Green. Even came with 31 speed IVs, but everything else was one digit.
>>
A fucking Bibarel in Pearl I found while looking for Cresselia
>>
Golbat in OR Victory Road.
My brother had found a Zigzagoon while he was playing my Ruby before.
>>
Zubat in platinum
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 1980x1980) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 1980x1980
>>
Mankey in Silver or Gold.
I think I knew what they were, but couldn't give enough of a fuck to use it.
>>
Zubat in Firered, at Mt. Moon
>>
>>25878106
Gyarados in Pokemon Gold.
Yep. The lake one.

Besides that, a Combee I found in X/Y.
>>
First ever captured in a cartridge was a Zubat on Leaf Green, I named him Nosferatu.
He was so reliable that I pretty much have to have a Crobat on every in-game team since then.
>>
This ugly mother fucker back in SS
>>
>>25878151
>>25878367
>>25879705
I found a shiny krabby in gold too

Krabbros unite I wish it had been a good pokemon
>>
>>25878106
Drowzee in gold, the grass above the daycare man's house, well before I ever reached the Red Gyrados on my first playthrough.

I had no idea what I had just seen, figured it was a bug and made it faint because I needed my starter to 36 so it could level, maaaan.
>>
Illumise in Pokemon Emerald Rom. My first handheld shiny was a Ralts in ORAS. I'm not as lucky as other anons who got shinies in gens II, III, and IV
>>
File: wurmmmm.png (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wurmmmm.png
28 KB, 300x300
Taken care of my shiny Dustox ever since.
>>
Not counting Gyarados in Gold or event Legends, it would be a Litwick I MM'd in White.

My first Random Encounter one though, that I wasn't trying to get, was a Tangela in that same White version.
>>
>>25878106
Aside from Gyarados in Silver, it was a Gloom in the post game area of Pearl
>>
>>25880212
>ugly
Pink Crobat is beautiful, you little shit.
I'd know, I caught a shiny golbat in FR
>>
>>25878106
Oddish in the Safari Zone in Ruby.
>>
File: UnownAShiny.png (82 KB, 611x745) Image search: [Google]
UnownAShiny.png
82 KB, 611x745
Shiny Unown "A" in FireRed
>>
Weedle, Leaf Green

Also found a shiny Zubat in Castelia Sewers in Black 2 and that motherfucker Hugh killed him.
>>
Kadabra in HeartGold
>>
I caught a shiny Teddiursa in Silver, but the battery in the cartridge died and she was gone forever. That's why I keep my shiny Ursaring in my X team.

The next one after that was my shiny Shuppet in Emerald
>>
Psyduck in Gold Version.
>>
I've been playing since RBY but didn't get my first random encounter shiny until a Raticate in Pearl. After that I found a shiny Poliwhirl in a replay of Leaf Green and a Tangela in Silver who I lost to a dead battery.

RIP Tangela. You live on in my heart.
>>
Bidoof

Then my second shiny was Bibarel
>>
Bellsprout. Heart gold
>>
I have never caught a shiny
I am breeding for a shiny goth
>>
File: Shiny Camerupt.jpg (101 KB, 960x654) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Camerupt.jpg
101 KB, 960x654
Shiny Numel, Emerald. It's a Camerupt now.

I don't really count my ORAS shinies because the odds are so different.
>>
File: killme.png (24 KB, 116x111) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
24 KB, 116x111
>>25878106
>mfw i still have never found a shiny
>>
>>25878106
My first shiny was Gulpin in Y. That's where I started to actually search for shinies. I didn't really care about them in earlier games.
>>
File: Confident-black-cat.jpg (225 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Confident-black-cat.jpg
225 KB, 2000x1000
>>25878106
Wooper, Pearl, Great Marsh

>mfw hacking perfect IVs onto my legit shinies
>>
I've never seen a shiny :'(
>>
A Zubat on an Emerald game on my phone in the caves at Dewford. At the time I saw it I was just grinding XP to kill the gym leader. When it popped up, I didn't notice a color difference but it's sparkly animation caught my eye for a split second. I thought I was seeing shit so I caught it just in case. I went to look it up and, sure as shit, it was a shiny. It was neat. Never saw another one in my life.
>>
File: unchi.jpg (20 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
unchi.jpg
20 KB, 256x256
>>25883901
>mfw I have that exact pikachu
>>
Shiny Meowth in FireRed, transferred it to SoulSilver and got it to a persian, I then lost my copy of SoulSilver.
>>
In Crystal, I got a shiny Magby via the special egg from the breeder or whoever. I didn't really care and didn't know why it was sparkling.

My first real shiny came in Ruby, Route 117: a green Marill. It evolved into a golden Azumarill. For the next 10 years I only found shiny bug Pokemon :/
>>
>>25881280
Holy shit I caught a modest one in OR a while ago and still don't know what it will evolve to. Too scared it won't be Dustox.

OT: Pidgey in HG.
>>
Shiny Aron in Emerald while looking for Nosepass in Granite Cave
>>
Shiny Zubat in Oreburgh Mine on Platinum

It was just after christmas, i remember that because I'd battled a friend over Christmas and he told me all his luck over shinies. He caught them almost every playthrough, still does. I was pretty down because I'd never seen a single one, and thought I never would despite playing pokemon all my life since RBY.

Started a new platinum playthrough, and voila. I was so nervous trying to catch her. I still have and user her to this day despite imperfect nature/IVs because she's my bro and I don't care about battlespot/le competitive.

I caught my second shiny in XY. Shiny Drifloon. It's definitely less special than the first time. Still sat in the box untrained and unloved.
>>
Raikou in Crystal
My friend found a shiny Entei in Silver
>>
I think I ran into a shiny Geodude in the original Gold, but I didn't know about shinys or anything so I just killed it and moved on.
>>
>>25884412
Gen 2 shinies don't matter, so it's no big loss.
>>
>>25884418
I was never too shaken up over it, but it's just the principle of the thing, I guess.
>>
Mine was a West Gastrodon, almost missed it since the color difference is minimal.

Cute slug bro though.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.