[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to know /vp/'s opinion about this. For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1428174695360.jpg (152 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1428174695360.jpg
152 KB, 500x600
I really want to know /vp/'s opinion about this.

For you guys, how far can luck determine the result of a match? Can luck be considered part of the metagame? And if so, excluding using moves that doesn't have low precision and shit, how can one prepare for it?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-356303271
>>
>>25873339
> how far can luck determine the result of a match
A crit or a move missing at the right time can be the difference between winning and losing.

>how can one prepare for it?
You can't
>>
>>25873387
have you watched the replay?
>>
>>25873339
Literally the only unlucky things you had wear the crits in ger shift and girafig being frozen. Unless you only pack berries against sleep and freezing, there's not much you can do.
>>
Pokemon, like a lot of team sports, is hugely luck-based.

In Pokemon, the luck-based nature is just more overt.
>>
>>25873467
He freezed me with Ice Beam two times on critical points of the match. First Girafarig (which stayed frozen for 3 turns), and then against Amoonguss. I would have giga drained him, win the turn, and fight a asleep Umbreon with Foul Play as it's only move against me. Even if he had Wish, I could still asleep him again, or PP stall the shit out of him. The point here is not about "how many times did he get hax", but how it influenced directly on the result of the match.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.