[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to play stall in-game? what about balanced or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: blissey.jpg (38 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
blissey.jpg
38 KB, 300x316
is it possible to play stall in-game? what about balanced or bulky slow offense?

the closest i've ever gotten is using meganium in HG, but she was dual screen support for my sweepers, not stall
>>
Not really. Stall doesn't work unless you start every battle fresh.
>>
>>25873337
why the fuck would you want to spend 80 turns poisoning the opposing caterpie to deatn
>>
>>25873377
not for wild encounters. for gyms and e4 and shit. the music and production values ramp up and make the fight seem that much more important but the same strategy always works: see opponents type, pick SE move.

single player has always been hyper offense oriented because the ai isn't smart enough for other strategies to be useful
>>
>>25873337
Bulky offense is fine but you spend a lot more time healing during routes.
Why would you ever try to stall in-game, that sounds like fucking torture.
>>
>>25873423
there's still reason to do that, opposing trainers almost never have more than four pokemon so why bother dragging out what should take 10 turns max?
>>
If you buy tons of full restores
>>
>>25873444
i dunno, i don't see it as prolonging the inevitable, more like playing the game with difficulty modifiers.

like how some people do nuzlocke runs or intentionally use weak mons like sunflora or luvdisc
>>
Yes it's possible. But it's extremely pointless.
>>
File: 1367379754175.png (81 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1367379754175.png
81 KB, 500x427
>BW2 challenge mode E4 rematch
>generate smogon-sanctioned OU stall team, all level 79
>no healing or PP restoring between or during battles
>Iris beaten an hour later
>no casualties
>>
>>25873683
post team pls
>>
>>25873735
I don't even remember it. That was a year ago.
>>
>>25873759
the memories of stall must have been so traumatizing that your brain suppressed it to protect you
>>
Stall works ingame. You'll probably never lose a single battle. You just need more healing and PP restore items inbetween battles than a typical offensive team. I know in certain kaizo tier fangmes/hacks victory is only possible by things like leech seed stalling and such
>>
>>25873337
I used a Chansey in Fire Red on my team recently. Knew Toxic, Softboiled, Seismic Toss, and Minimize.
>>
>>25873860
did you feel like it was dead weight or was it a viable way to fight?
>>
>>25873778
I lied, sorry
>>
>>25873880
it's cool
>>
>>25873778
Nah, shit was very much cash. I simply stole the team from some obscure place on Smogon forums and don't remember where anymore. But it was some Rain stall team. Not even particularly optimised for ingame, forcing me to play very carefully to have all six of my mons last until the end.

>>25873830
Health is not really an issue, as long as your lineup's typings allow you to easily counter anything high level trainers throw at you. PP is the real problem here, forcing you to frequently backtrack to PC.
>>
>>25873871
One of the three good members of my team, actually, next to Charizard and the trade Jynx. It's surprisingly fun to use, and it won the champion fight for me.

Toxic + Miminize is great, and clicking it again on the turn when you know they'll full restore is what I did. Seismic Toss is for cheap damage, and Softboiled can heal up your allies in the field, so I could afford to use, say, one healing item while Chansey healed everyone else. Plus it eats up everything, and it can surprisingly tank a physical hit.
>>
>>25873907
i think i'm gonna run a blissey with that set the next chance i get, i like its design and your set is really appealing.

maybe experiment with heal bell + softboiled to save up on full restores
>>
>>25873423
Stall can be used in gym battles and against the E4 and so on without problem. However they are awful for the rest of the game when you explore routes an have to beat many trainers without healing HP/refilling PP, so for the most time they are dead weight. In addition to being awful to level up.

It can be done, like pretty much anything else in-game. But it's very time consuming with no long term reward, and honestly just not fun.
>>
>>25873337

That literally sounds like the worst idea ever. Why would u ever do that..
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.