[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't they just ban all legendaries from VGC? Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 645Landorus-Therian.png (706 KB, 981x1200) Image search: [Google]
645Landorus-Therian.png
706 KB, 981x1200
Why don't they just ban all legendaries from VGC? Every single year, legendaries usually take up at least 3 slots on the top players' teams. While banning them won't stop the likes of Mega-Salamence or Mega-Kangaskhan, it will at least offer a bit more variety.

Also, you can't IV breed for legendaries so I'd imagine that the majority of legendaries being used in tournaments are injected. This just gives injectors a significant advantage over people who play the game as intended. With regular breeding, the process has been streamlined enough so that getting a pentaperfect/hexaperfect Pokemon isn't too lengthy a process. The same can't be said with legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>25872615
>Why don't they just ban all legendaries from VGC?
Because they don't really care, if you haven't noticed
>>
>>25872615
the only people who care would be the fans, who clearly have no issue running CHALK and Proudon on every team and buying every game on its release day, so why should they bother?
>>
>>25872615
Banning legends would cause people to think, and you know how much people hate doing that
>>
>>25872615
While my stance is against legends as well, you'd have to be naive to think people won't eventually settle into a new rut of top dogs to rely on and overuse.
>>
>>25872656
When there's money to be won, of course people are going to use the strongest Pokemon that they possibly can. Their morals go out the window since there's a physical reward worth winning.

They've already banned every event legendary, this wouldn't exactly be too different and there is barely any work to be done on TPC's side.
>>
>>25872615

Legendaries come with 3 perfect ivs now guaranteed. There are people who will synchronize and soft reset for perfect stats.

I've tried it once for an Entei. I gave up after about 20 catches with a master ball and only ever hit mostly 3 iv, some 4 iv and 1 5 iv with one in special attack.

Seems tedious but can be done.
>>
File: 1459309750277.png (26 KB, 371x323) Image search: [Google]
1459309750277.png
26 KB, 371x323
>>25872615

Can we just make posts about this bannable already? I don't think I've ever seen more shitposting about something on a daily basis than this....not even memes like "female goodra" come close.

Legendary =/= broken.....fuck off with this tired argument.
>>
>>25873607
It's not that all legendary Pokemon are broken, it's that a significant number of legendary Pokemon are completely overcentralising. Even with legendaries unbanned, how many teams do you see running Articuno? The fact is that the shit legendaries will always never get used so banning them isn't going to make a huge difference. All a legendary ban would do is force people to rely on other Pokemon.
>>
>>25873641

So we're going to ignore that Amoongus, Salamence, Kangaskhan, and Talonflame are on just as many teams this year and just look at the legendary ones because we have a buzzword to hate them with?

Stop being ignorant, a pokemon being catchable once does not make it "overcentralizing and broken".
>>
Because if you do people will go "hurr scared of moltres?"
>>
>>25873672
you're completely missing the point there, and I'll take it that you haven't even played the metagame at all
>>
Because then it would be that faggot smogon metagame
>>
>>25873672
>a pokemon being catchable once does not make it "overcentralizing and broken"
I never said this, you've completely missed the point. The difference between overcentralising legendaries and overcentralising non-legendaries is that you're able to breed for non-legendaries. This means that everyone has a fairly equal chance at obtain optimal sets for these Pokemon. With legendary Pokemon, only injectors and hackers have a real chance of obtaining optimal sets for these Pokemon. This won't fix the metagame, but it will make it more equal for injectors and non-injectors (rather than giving injectors a clear advantage for not playing the game as intended).

>>25875116
Smogon allows a lot of legendaries, retard.
>>
>>25875116

Please tell me this is bait.
>>
>>25875089
>Big 6
>Smeargle
>Kangaskhan
>Salamence
>Talonflame
>Primal Groudon
>Xerneas
VGC has bigger problems than legendaries, namely dark void but also some unfixable ones such as most legendaries being base 90-100 and as such speed ties are everywhere
>>
>>25872615
Fuck it. VGC is really only chance to use legends on a cart.
>>
>>25873607
>BST 780 pokemon aren't broken
ok...
>>
>>25876224
only a tiny percentage of legendaries have BSTs even close to that high.
>>
I haven't played since b/w, is rng manipulation still possible? It was relatively painless to generate perfect ivs this way
>>
>>25875165

Except that's wrong because I just caught a 5iv Heatran two days ago after some soft resetting. If this is your problem you should be bitching at gamefreak, not blaming the pokemon.

>>25875089

I have over 700 ranked battles on OR. Every time I've wanted a competitive "legendary" that badly I've soft reset for it till I got what I wanted. What point am I missing?

>>25876224

That is literally 2 pokemon and they aren't the ones we're talking about. Barring some specific cases, non mega things with over 600 bst are obviously broken.

>>25876321

Theoretically yes because seeds and frame manipulation work exactly the same. It's just apparently not possible to crack the program this version of the game uses so nobody can tell where they're starting when the game boots up. I too miss it
>>
They should ban legends, they are just annoying. Shame though cause Zapdos is awesome, and isn't really broken and I love using it, but it will just be a price I have to pay.
>>
File: 1460137839752.gif (437 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1460137839752.gif
437 KB, 300x222
>>25876696

>They should just ban what I hate because I hate it
>>
>>25873607
Someone runs Proudon and M. Rayquaza..
>>
>>25876817

I actually don't play in the VGC format at all. I just think complaining about shit like genies is pointless.

I reluctantly use smogon OU rules whenever I play. Try harder
>>
>>25872615
>Why don't they just ban all legendaries from VGC?
git gud
>>
>>25872615
>While banning them won't stop the likes of Mega-Salamence or Mega-Kangaskhan, it will at least offer a bit more variety.
But when you have Pokemon like M Sal and M Kang running around, checking them becomes a little more difficult, resulting in an even more imbalanced metagame. Then you have beatsticks with +500-700 BST going around.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.