[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's to hoping gen 7 doesn't drop the ball on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: 706Goodra_Dream.png (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
706Goodra_Dream.png
44 KB, 300x300
Here's to hoping gen 7 doesn't drop the ball on the dragon pseudo legendary again

>150 special defense but no support moves or recovery moves
>great special movepool but not enough speed and special attack
>wasted 100 base attack
>pretty shitty abilities
>questionable design compared to its pre-evolutions
>evolution method that usually just wastes your time
I admire the attempt to make it unique for once but something went wrong here
>>
>>25872166
Goodra is a pretty cool Gal OP
>>
its abilities arent shit at all, they are all great. It has recovery in hydration + rest, the 100 base attack is usable if you want to go with a physical Goodra which ca surprise people (which also has a great movepool)
>>
Choice band
Sap sipper
4 of
Outrage
Power Whip
iron Tail
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Or my personal favourite, focus punch
>>
>>25872194
>It has recovery in hydration + rest
If weather wasn't nerfed Goodra would be a lot more powerful
>>
I like an Assault Vest Goodra with Infestation + mixed special/physical attacks to trap niggas and smack 'em down.

Word to your mother.
>>
>>25872166
Goodra with Recover would be OU for sure. It's tanky enough with its SpD that with max HP alone, it can live Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice, which is an incredible feat.

If it had Recover I'd use it on my team as a dedicated Mega Charizard Y and LO Gengar answer.
>>
>>25872166
they aren't catering to competitive pokemon, whatever the fuck that means.

>wasted 100 base attack
what the fuck does that mean? there are a bunch of useful physical moves that Goodra can use.
>150 special defense
more than enough to take some hits when fighting tough opponents

fuck off, seriously.
>>
>>25872166
Goodra should've been part Water or Fairy.
>>
>>25872268
No, Poison

Why the fuck is it not poison. Why does it exist when Dragalage exists.

But I just honestly hate Goodra.
>>
>>25872288
I don't think its goo is all that threatening enough for it to be Poison type, though.
>>
>>25872268

Dragon/Water with recover. Swap attack and defense.
Is goodra saved?
>>
She's great with an assault vest and dragon tail
>>
File: 1410854111747.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1410854111747.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25872166
>mfw it gets Regenerator HA next gen.
>mfw it becomes best mix attacker
>mfw it'll be able to tank every move and hit back hard + regain 33% HP on switch
>>
File: 1459486088298.gif (892 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1459486088298.gif
892 KB, 320x240
>making a weather based Pseudo after destroying weather
typical gamefreak
>>
Am I the only person who thought aegislash was the sudo?
>>
>>25872742
Dragonite was the first pseudo and it was shit till it got Multiscale. Same thing can happen do Goodra.
>>
>>25872766
Yes.
>>
>>25872766
Aegislash was the only line good enough to be a pseudo. It should have been the pseudo.
Gay slime dragon is the definition of a high bst shit mon.
Only Kyurem-B fits the bill better
>>
>>25872789
Vanilla Kyurem has 660 BST, more than most legends, and is stuck in BL2. Sucks in OU and has limited uses in UU, it's just a wallbreaker, and no even a great one.
>>
>>25872860
You can't wallbreak with only 136 attack and you can't sweep with 136 attack unless you can boost.
>>
>>25872166
goodra is for sex though
>>
>Gen VI starts to leak
>Search through all of the leaked mons looking for the Pseudo
>People are saying it's that weird aborted Dragonite looking thing
>Know I'll have to wait another gen for a Pseudo Legendary that actually lives up to the name.

That was a sad little moment.
Personally I hope it's not another dragon type though, there's too many already. Something weird like a Bug/Psychic would be cool.
>>
>>25872786
>dragonite was shit
>>
>>25872166
they gave him sap sipper because muh pseudo immunity:
dragonite/salamece/hydreigon : ground
tyranitar/hydreigon : psychic
metagross : poison
garchomp: electric
>>
>>25872166
Yeah, I agree. I like Goodra's design, and it's stats are unique, but it's missing the one or two key elements that'd really make it great.

I bet if it got Bulk Up and/or Recover, it'd be OU, easy. It's SpDef is amazing stock, and it's attack and defense are easily usable, just not great. Along with it's surprisingly good physical movepool, it could get a lot of mileage out of classic tanking shit. If it got recover as well, it could even run Assvest with Bulk up, Recover, EQ, Dragon tail/Outrage. Probably D Tail to set it further apart from Megazard X.

It ain't a bad 'mon, but man is it sloppily made. It feels like they had a specific intention, but just forgot the key moves for it.
>>
>>25872166
>the dragon pseudo legendary
How about we get a pseudo that ISN'T Dragon type this time? To make up for that, the Fire starter will be Fire/Fighting again.
>>
File: gjd.jpg (54 KB, 450x455) Image search: [Google]
gjd.jpg
54 KB, 450x455
>>25872166
>150 special defense but no support moves or recovery moves
>pretty shitty abilities

What is Rain Dance+Rest+Hydration?
>>
>>25875562
Shit.
>>
>>25872216

Actually, if weather hadn't been nerfed, Smogon would most likely have banned Goodra, seeing as hydration gives it free Rest recovery and prevents status infliction for the entire match. If it ran Rain Dance as well, people would need to run Drought, Sandstorm or Hail on their teams just to counter it. That's not even mentioning the fact that Damp Rock also wouldn't be needed, allowing it to run Leftovers or another useful item. Throw in Acid Armor and you have one of the best walls in the entire game.

That said, weather nerf was actually a blessing for Goodra, as if it had been banned to Ubers it would have gotten its shit kicked in by Groudon.
>>
>>25875609
Epic argument, bro. I bet you're really popular at middle school.
>>
I don't get why it can't learn Recover or Surf.
>>
File: disappointed1.gif (1 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
disappointed1.gif
1 MB, 400x224
>remember being in the thread while the goomy line was being revealed
>poison is my favorite type
>am nearly 100% positive i'm getting the poison dragon pseudo I've always wanted
>finally get to the final form
>pure dragon

I still do like Goodra personally, but I felt betrayed that it didnt get some kind of secondary typing. There were plenty to choose from.
>>
>>25875644

Nintendo probably thought giving it poison type would hurt "MUH FAIRIES". Goodra makes for a pretty fantastic wall anyway. This thread is retarded.
>>
File: 1453155660009.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1453155660009.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>25872786
>Dragonite
>shit
>ever
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86 KB, 384x313
>>25875644
>love Goomy and Sliggoo
>fucking loathe Goodra
>still have Dragalge
Can't complain. I don't know why I love that type combo so much.
>>
File: 1453313380405.gif (571 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1453313380405.gif
571 KB, 680x453
>Mfw remembering seeing Goomy for the first time with other anons.
>Everyone loved it, people were excited by such an unusual concept for a dragon, putting all kinds of interesting expectations forward.
>See Sliggoo, people love it even more.
>Then Goodra happened.

I got flashbacks from my RBY days evolving Dragonair for the first time. What a damned disappointment.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.