[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 31-Carracosta line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Yesterday was the Cofagrigus line, today will be about the first of Gen 5's prehistoric fossil-mons, Tirtouga and Carracosta.
My thoughts: I used this line in my first White run as my ingame water type and they did pretty good. Designwise, they pull off the cool prehistoric look(I don't think any fossilmons have bad designs really), and conceptually they're based off what I believe is the largest sea turtle species to have existed. Don't know the name.
Overall, not much to say beyond them being good Pokemon. Fun fact though: Tirtouga's design dates all the way back to Gen 2, where it was one of those prototype designs. Makes you wonder when new Pokemon are revealed, which ones are completely new, and which have existed since the beginning of the series, waiting on the back burner until GF decides to use them?
Anyways, tell me /vp/, do these turtles rock your world? Kill me. Kill me now
>>
>>25871324
Some cool turtles right there I guess.
>>
Even though I like Archen/Archeops more, I think the fossil mons of gen 5 were one of the best in the series.
>>
I used carracosta all through my first white version run. Pretty good.

I always thought it was bigger than its pokedex entry says it is.
>>
>>25871324
I used carracosta in my first white playthrough

sturdy and a rocky helmet ko'd marshalls Conkelder when aquatail failed to kill it
>>
Carracosta looks like a prehistoric Blastoise.
>>
It was nice to finally get a sea turtle
>>
>>25871324
I have a dirty Carracosta lead I invented originul, donut steel just because I wanted to use it and Smogon's sets weren't doing it for me. I've found it's bretty good in the lower tiers:

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
Max attack and speed
Shell Smash
Stealth Rock
Aqua Jet
Superpower (for muh coverage)
>>
>>25871349
I wouldn't trust the pokedex's size entry's anon
>>
Designwise I love this line. Very simple but ultimately effective.

When it comes to Gen V water types though, I'd prefer to use the Jellicent or Seismitoad line.
>>
You can't go wrong with turtles.
>>
>>25871440
kinda like the lead crustle set that runs rocks alongside shell smash. nice stuff anon
>>
File: tirtouga and carracosta.png (407 KB, 1276x582) Image search: [Google]
tirtouga and carracosta.png
407 KB, 1276x582
>>25871324

Man OP, what's up with that janky-ass image? These two deserve better.
>>
>>25871492
This.
>>
>>25871324
Carracosta looks hideous at first sight.

Looking at it closer it's actually kind of cool.
>>
File: Carracosta.jpg (41 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
Carracosta.jpg
41 KB, 600x360
Best father
>>
>>25874184
was this before or after the Shia meme
>>
I PP tanked Ghetsis' Hydreigon with it.
>>
>>25871324
like it but archeops is bae
>>
Based as hell, in my opinion. Simple design, but not a bad one.
>>
>>25874489
after. NOA's been translating jokes as refrences and memes lately
>>
>tfw Carracosta is my only favorite water type
>>
>>25874184
I've played through super twice and never noticed this fucking meme.
>>
>>25874685

>Lately
>>
I prefer Archen/Archeops, Defeatist ability and all. but I still like Tirtouga/Carracosta a lot too. It helps the Gen V Fossils are N approved, given he uses both on his final team in Black/White.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.