[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
What are you playing right now? What's your team?

I'm playing through Platinum for the first time and Sinnoh has become one of my favorite lands. I've gotten slapped by every gym leader at least once.
>>
Im playing through Yellow with Red's HGSS team. About to get the sixth badge.
>>
>>25871055
I guess I should post an updated screenshot. Currently on my way to Sunyshore. I caught Giratina yesterday and fuck it looks badass. I don't think I'm going to use it on my team though. Trying to figure out what I'm going to use as a 6th.
>>
>>25871070
Sabrina or Koga? I'm just about to fight Sabrina for my 6th.

Kanto Starters, Nidoking and Mew. Around level 40
>>
File: no idea.jpg (490 KB, 1486x984) Image search: [Google]
no idea.jpg
490 KB, 1486x984
I've no idea what I'm doing, however I absolutely fucking despise HM moves because they always fucking waste slots in my roster. Is there such a thing as romhacks that simply remove HM's (replacing them with items, etc.)?

Also I was only keeping Flygon until I got Salamence but I beat the Elite Four already so there's not much of a point in replacing it with something else.

I just started Heartgold but playing it on an emulator feels weird.
>>
>>25871089
Sabrina because I went for Koga first since he's piss easy.
>>
Been playing Theta Emerald. Just evolved light to a lampert and have been looking to add a new mon to my team, any suggestions?
>>
>>25871103
Yeah I hate HMs too. I always fall into a trap where I have 4 well-trained Pokemon and two HM slaves that end up in the hall of fame because fuck training up a mon or two once I get to the "end" of the game.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-08+at+04.16.45).png (34 KB, 510x386) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-08+at+04.16.45).png
34 KB, 510x386
>>25871055
Black version. I just got to Route 4 and probably gonna catch a Sandile. Keeping Watchog around for HMs, and Panpour is just sort of... there.

Herdier is a surprising power-house, and is even Adamant.
>>
>>25871055
I'm on a flying types only run of Y. I'm having a hard time choosing my sixth team member. It's a tossup between Hawlucha, Drifblim and Sigilyph.

Current team is:
>Fletchinder
>Vespiqueen
>Aerodactyl
>Garyados
>Zubat

I'm right about to fight the second gym.
>>
>>25871085
I had a similar situation in one of my previous runs of Platinum. I wanted a water type, so I tried using my HM slave Bibarel for my team. It actually ended up being one of my stronger mons. I don't know how it happened, but I wasn't complaining.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-08+at+03.42.31).png (81 KB, 652x399) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-08+at+03.42.31).png
81 KB, 652x399
I just finished beat the E4 in Omega Ruby with pic related. Will do the Delta Episode, then work on my team for battles and stuff. I'm considering buying B/W 1 or 2 when I go out to a con today since I intend to get pokemon bank for my r/b/y shit - which version shall I get if available
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
My Current playthrough of X.

I'm about to enter victory road, but I'm taking time to complete the mountain pokedex before I proceed to the elite 4.
>>
Doing a Wonderlocke run in Y, just got past the Fairy gym and coming up to the snowy part (which is my least favorite part of the game, such a boring grind). Haven't picked it up in a week or so.

Also working on some breeding in ORAS, jsut got a 6 IV Timburr with Drain Punch and Mach Punch so I'm getting his EV's right. I think I'm gonna work on a Shiny Marrill next.
>>
Replaying through SS on my Road to Geting My FR Team to The Pokebank/Y
Accidentally restarted both SS and Black (luckily all my Black Pokemon were already in the bank) so now I have to replay them both
Meanwhile, playing through Diamond for the first time. Friend of mine gave it to me because he needed help in it but apparently never asked for it back so I just restarted it and played it myself. Currently at the part where you fight

Yes, I'm playing three different games at once
>>
Black 2 Nuzlocke
>Tepig
>Patrat
>Sewaddle
>Lillipup
>Magby
>>
>>25871526
>Currently at the part where you fight
I love that part
>>
>>25871521
I know how you feel. I got so much good shit in an OR WT run and it feels boring now already.
>>
>>25871526
>Currently at the part where you fight
Ah yeah. I'm at that part too. Pretty fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
6 badges. Probably going to make Hydreigon my last Pokemon.
>>
>>25871475
BW2 is better. BW is nice and all, but only having Unova mons makes it seem a bit lackluster to me.
>>
>>25871541
>>25871554
Dialga! Currently at the part where you fight Dialga!
Thanks 4chan
>>
File: SS Team.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
SS Team.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Grinding so i can beat Red
>>
>>25871605
You should be able to beat him.
>>
Soul Silver. About to beat Red.
Only 16 badges and 5 teammates to go!
>>
File: WIN_20160408_190218.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160408_190218.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
>>25871666
Forgot my pic. Getting there!
>>
>>25871677
Kek. Use the egg code generator website to get the slugma egg from Primo.
>>
About to fight Clay in white after I level up my weaker teammates

Dewott
Leavanny
Darumaka
Drilbur
Zebstrika
Archen
>>
>>25871703
Oh right. Thanks for reminding me that's a thing. Man HG/SS are such pretty games. Haven't played them in so long.
>>
>>25871055
dooood im playing through platinum for the first tiem too.

i got a shinx. and turtwig. prob gonna ditch turtwig.
>>
>>25871773
Enjoy the glory of Thunder Fang Luxray. It's your strongest attack!!!

Let the wild charge withdrawal begin.
>>
back in my childhood home and came upon my old diamond game from '07.

I'm tempted to reset and have another go, but I've almost completed the dex. Wondering if I should just keep going, or at least try to transfer my old team to oras
>>
>>25871832
At times like these I'm glad I've always ended up getting both versions of games either straight up or later from a friend. Getting a Diamond or Pearl cart now that is not used as shit would be a nightmare.
>>
>>25871851
The worst thing is that prices for old DS Pokemon games are ridiculous.
>>
>>25871394
Use Hawlucha
>>
>>25871851
>>25871991
Indeed.

I'm trying to get my hands on HGSS (lost my old copy) and haven't come across anything cheap yet.
>>
Playing Y with a talonflame and 5 joltik eggs
just grinding for a shiny

Cant get the friend safari because I have no friends and wonder trade is packed with cunts throwing zigzagoons up into cyberspace

desu im kinda mad.
and lonely.
just biking up and down this road sucks arse.

I sent out a few gravelers and haunters today to make up for the hatchlings and balance out my wonder trade karma but its not paid off yet
>>
>>25871055
>starter
>Luxray
>Staraptor
>Bibarel HM Slave
>Eevee evolution
Congrats, anon, that is one of the most generic Sinnoh teams ever.
>>
I've gotten all eight badges in Y and I haven't made it past the ace trainer before victory road. I'm raising a sneasel to beat him,
Metal claw
Power up punch
Icy wind
Feint attack
She can beat carbink but not kingdra, she's level 44 right now.
>>
Playing White currently on my way to victory road

My team is:
Emboar
Seismitoad
Eelektross
Haxorus
Reuniclus
Crustle

After I beat the E4 I'm either going to trade my mons from W2 and start a new run from that or start a HG nuzlocke
>>
>>25872132
Yeah I know. I'm playing blind so I went with the first few Pokemon I found with the exception of Umbreon whom I've never used and planned on getting before I even got Eevee. Truthfully I wouldn't mind switching a few mons out but I've gotten sentimentally attached to all of them (especially the roserade which was the first budew I came across), except for Infernape. I could do without him but he kicks ass so he's earned his spot on the team.
>>
>>25872132
>I'm playing through Platinum for the first time
There's a reason it's generic. It's because a lot of people pick those or a combination of those pokemon when they first played the game. Let's face it, Sinnoh had the coolest new pokemon in the early game out of any pokemon games. Luxray, Gastrodon, Roserade and Staraptor(who is also the best starting bird) are really hard to pass up.
>>
File: progress.png (73 KB, 415x277) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
73 KB, 415x277
I'm doing a firered nuzlocke and catching everyone up for Sabrina's gym. I've had the luck of not being a victim of a selfdestructing or exploding pokemon but I feel like I'm overdue for one soon.
>>
>>25871355
I loved bw/bw2 but I never tried out snivy as a starter. He any good?
>>
>>25873205
Serperior has the worst movepool for a starter in the franchise. The only special attacks it learns besides grass type is twister(egg move), dragon pulse(move tutor), Round and fucking Hidden Power. Oh and the only special attack of a different type it learns by level up is Wring Out :^). Even Meganium is better since it can at least be a support with dual screens.

The cost of getting Contrary and having access to Leaf Storm. And the funny part is that Contrary wasn't even released on Serperior in gen 5, so it was literally total absolute trash.

Tragic story.
>>
>>25873881
But Serperior can run a dual screen set? I'll agree his movepool isn't great but he does have the stats and movepool for some support options.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.