[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready for sound and light typings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Pokemon-sun-moon-970-80.jpg (62 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-sun-moon-970-80.jpg
62 KB, 970x545
Are you ready for sound and light typings?
>>
Does Noivern lose flying or dragon?
>>
>>25870938

nope, because GF have better ideas
>>
light should have happened in gen V. it can never happen now.
>>
>>25870948
Dragon

>>25870938
No, because it won't happen. Fairy was only added for balancing purposes.
>>
What would Sound even be good or weak against? Light is kinda easy to do, make it strong against Dark, but they did that with Fairy.
>>
Would normal be better if it had no weaknesses?
>>
I can see light type, except that we have Fairy instead. Sound type though, are you stupid?
>>
>>25871009
Obviously. What kind of question is that?
>>
>>25870982
Strong against Water because it travels faster underwater, also fuck Water
Strong against Ice because of high frequency sounds shattering glass and because Ice deserves to be shit for making it impossible to use Grass Dragon and Ground types on the same team
Weak against Poison because I like Poison
>>
>>25870982
the usual type matchups have sound beating rock ice and steel based on powerfull sound waves shattering glass and crystals.
>>
>>25871040
>cucking ice types even more
>why
>>
>>25871063
BECAUSE FUCK YOOOOOOOU
>>
>>25871027
I mean better as in good, as in, not shitty as it is now.
>>
Light
>super effective against Flying ("flew too close to the Sun"), Ghost, Dark, and Fairy
>weak to Steel (reflects light back at it) and Dark
>resists Ghost, Fairy, and itself
>resisted by Electric and Ice (light goes through ice)
>no effect on Grass

Sound
>super effective against Water, Ghost, and Steel
>resisted by Bug (your words mean nothing to them), Psychic (mental fortitude), and Ice (your voice gets messed up in the cold)

Not sure what Sound would be like defensively. Being weak to Ice would be overkill because Ice is already a great offensive type. Weak to itself? (Sensitive hearing plus it would justify Whismur line having Soundproof.)
>>
>>25870938
Fairy is Light type. It does everything Lightfags wanted Light to do.

Sound has the most potential with all the sound based moves and abilities. Plus pokemon like Exploud and Noivern would fit the typing well. However, it really only seems like it would be a lateral alteration of the Normal Typing. I would imagine it would have one weakness, one immunity, one super effective. It creates problems for Aerilate and Pixilate pokemon who already use moves like Hyper Voice. It becomes an unnecessary nerf to something that already has work arounds. Let's say it came in Gen 7. How many pokemon could you retcon as Sound? Yeah, definitely a handful. But they would have to introduce a lot of new pokemon to fit the type too. Gen 6 was very heavy on Fairy... I don't think Gen 7 woudl benefit much from a plethora of Sound pokemon.
>>
>>25871362
>Fairy is Light type. It does everything Lightfags wanted Light to do.
>includes Mawile and Whimsicott
>not a single Fairy is associated with literal light besides maybe Xerneas and Azumarill's retconned tail
The moves reflect both aspects of Light type but half the mons don't.
>>
>>25871040
Sound travels fine through water - better than air. Compression waves go faster through denser material. The problem is the pressure of the water, along with the density and sound speed, means the intensity of a noise is greatly reduced.

http://www.dosits.org/science/soundsinthesea/airwater/
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/sound01/background/acoustics/acoustics.html

>To compare noise levels in water to noise levels in air, one must subtract 26 dB from the noise level referenced in water. For example, a supertanker radiating noise at 190 dB (re 1µPa @ 1m) has an equivalent noise level in air of about 128 dB (re 20µPa @ 1m). These numbers are approximate, and amplitude often varies with frequency.

The ocean is quite noisy, but all the noise is too soft and deep for us to hear. Couple sounds from the Challenger Deep hydrophone to set the mood:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/04/469213580/unique-audio-recordings-find-a-noisy-mariana-trench-and-surprise-scientists

if anything water should resist sound
>>
>>25870972
Butler fairy didn't balance a damn thing.
>>
>>25870982
they will just retcon fairy into something else
it was retarded anyway to have a fairy type, stupid shit they did to force "cute" eevee, etc
>>
File: no.jpg (42 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
42 KB, 400x458
>>25870938
we don't need more types
>>
>>25871410
And Bug logically should be weak to Ice. Type matchups are more likely to be based on layman's knowledge as well as some attempt at balance.
>>
>>25870938
What happened to the April 3rd reveal anyways?
>>
>>25871510
Venusaur beat Greninja
>>
>>25871496
I mean if we were going by laymans knowledge why isn't ice SE on water? Or at least neutral?
>>
No because this is still gen 6 and they're not going to add anything as big as new types

Both of those sound retarded anyway
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.