[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Blastoise fire truck in Sun and Moon concept art >confirmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: CcJqiPEUYAAjCYi.jpg (11 KB, 433x382) Image search: [Google]
CcJqiPEUYAAjCYi.jpg
11 KB, 433x382
>Blastoise fire truck in Sun and Moon concept art
>confirmed for having a trail mix of Pokémon across the region once more

Oh man you guys! I'm so hyped to once again have only a scant 70 new Pokémon and witness even more intense pandering to genwunners than ever before! SIMPLY epic!!
>>
You have to be retarded to not expect genwunner pandering in the 20th anniversary games
>>
>Wanting more than 60 new pokemon
Disgusting
>>
How is that a bad thing?
pokemon diversity is a thing I actually REALLY LIKED from XY
>>
File: 1459534284551.png (2 KB, 129x64) Image search: [Google]
1459534284551.png
2 KB, 129x64
Yeah, I had a bad feeling when I saw that too.
>mfw they give us Kanto starters AGAIN
>>
Yeah,becaue scizor and butterfree where in the regional dex in DP and palpitoad in XY right?
>>
>>25870675

I never knew Blastoise's canons could change direction like that
>>
>>25870675
What do you expect? Gen. one was clearly the best gen, closely followed by 2. After 3 (Which was decent) the games turned into a shitfest.
If this game wants a shot at being even remotely decent, it needs to do it's shit like in gen one.
Also, it's already confirmed that we are getting 10 new pokemon.
>>
>>25870807
Legitimate question, what do you think makes Gen one the best? I'm replaying Red on VC right now and it's feeling kind of garbage.
>>
>>25870714
Will they thought? They pretty much gave us all the starters from all the gens in the last two games. Even all the legendaries.
>>
>>25870863
There weren't that many pokemon, making them more memorable and giving them bigger impact
The story was easy to follow and without any kind of modern edgy bullshit
The rival actually felt like someone, he constantly was ahead of you, not like the autists from gen 6.
The starters were the best in the entire series.
Same with almost all characters, you spend the most time with the champion in this game, you get to know him, while in fuckups like gen 6 you only see her once.
HMs and story progression actually felt important.
>>
>>25870699
>pokemon diversity is a thing I actually REALLY LIKED from XY
It felt like a really cheap romhack. Putting a Joltik in a random route instead of having habitats make sense is what ruins pokemon. IUf you want non-sensical geographical regions go play a randomizer
>>
>>25870952
tl;dr:MUH NOSTALGIA
>>
>>25870952
Personally I like having loads of Pokemon to catch, but that's a matter of preference.
I'll admit that the story in XY was weak, but I'd say that the story in RSE or DPP is better than RBY. I legitimately liked the gen V story and didn't think it was too tryhard, but whatever.
Gen 6 rivals are pretty silly, largely because game balance wasn't good overall. Gen 5 rivals were great imo. Gen 4 rival was a goof but still strong and had a good presence throughout the game.
I think it's impossible to escape nostalgia when it comes to starter designs, so not a super strong point.
You spend a fair bit of time with Alder and Cynthia in their games, gen 6 is actually unusual in that regard.
>>
>>25870953
uh Joltik wasn't even in the game, only in Friend Safari, otherwise most of the pokemon fits perfectly with the areas they're in
>things like Goomy, Carnivine etc. in the swampy areas
>Combee, Ledyba and Budew in the garden in route 4
also it's full of little touches like Floette's color changing depending on the flowers pattern you're walking in, flying pokemon like Fearow coming to attack you from the sky, pokemon jumping you from the bushes
It was fucking great
>>
>>25870675
It is only concept art you know. The end result may not utilize Blastoise, look at all like the art, or even exist at all.
>>
>>25871130
>uh Joltik wasn't even in the game,
Surskit then? Whether it's ORAS or XY both make no sense
>>
File: Spanish.jpg (8 KB, 236x158) Image search: [Google]
Spanish.jpg
8 KB, 236x158
>>25871199
But ORAS Surskit is the same as RS
>>
>>25870675
BW2 had the perfect region dex IMO. A good balance between old/new, and no saturation from either side.
>>
>>25871199
>Surskit's location makes no sense
>ORAS has it on a route with small ponds for it to skitter about on
>funnily enough it's the same route it was on in RSE, so NOTHING CHANGED

confirmed for talking out your ass
>>
>>25871199
Surskit is not catchable in XY, you can find Masquerain flying over ponds though which makes perfect sense with what it's based off
And in Hoenn is also found next the little lakes or ponds
>>
File: 1459908513593.jpg (34 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1459908513593.jpg
34 KB, 700x700
>>25870685
>Blastoise, a creature with a pair of high pressure cannons built into it, is used to fight fires
Gen one pandering, guys! Never mind that the concept images also showed Furfrow, Wobbuffet, and Wingull (Also with gust appearance stylings by Machoke), we're going to just focus on this one Pokemon.

We've got over 700 Pokemon. I'm pretty sure they're allowed to pick and choose whichever Pokemon they want to toss into some silly concept art. Just because one of the Pokemon tossed in from Gen I, it doesn't mean 'gen one pandering'.
>>
>>25871248
FUCK OFF Genwunner you're literally the reason Pokemon is so shitty now.
>>
>>25871199
Hoenn is the region Surskit originated from you retard.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.