[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know /vp/ is divided when it comes to legendarys. How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 1heatran.jpg (18 KB, 330x205) Image search: [Google]
1heatran.jpg
18 KB, 330x205
I know /vp/ is divided when it comes to legendarys.
How do you feel about Heatran?
Is it ok to have?
Never used one but I'm guessing its good.
>>
>>25869502
Fuck off with this bait. Everyone knows Heatran is the biggest shit stain in the Pokemon series.
>>
>>25869516
Why the fuck would I be baiting at 4am?
It was an honest question. No need to get your panties twisted..
>>
>>25869502
I didn't like Heatran before I used it, and now that I have, I like it offensively over the generally accepted defensive set, and the design's grown on me too.

Of course it's ok to have. Its typing is what makes it pretty great, and why so many players are tempted to run EQ or HP Ground just to combat it.

4x resisted to Grass, Ice, Bug, Steel, Fairy
2x resisted to Normal, Flying, Psychic, Dragon
Immune to Poison and Fire, so the status conditions for those won't harm it either

Outright walls Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, Scizor (unless packing Superpower), Mega Charizard X (unless packing EQ), Talonflame, Sylveon, Clefable, Serperior, Celebi (unless offensive with Earth Power), other Heatran who don't have Earth Power, Lati@s without EQ, stallbreaker Mew, Skarmory, Torn-T unless Fighting move, Mega Pidgeot, Victini, Togekiss, etc.

Although, the reason I appreciate it is not so much its typing, but what it can do that other Pokemon can't do: Magma trap.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-316085846

This is probably my best game ever played, and Heatran is definitely MVP.
>>
Would like it better if it wasn't a legendary and had a prevo
>>
>>25869502
I remember running into it for the first time back in gen 4. Took me a bit to figure out it was supposed to be a legendary and not just part of an event.

Eh, he exists. I don't mind him much.
>>
File: Heatran01.jpg (145 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Heatran01.jpg
145 KB, 450x600
>>25869502
It's probably one of my favorite legendaries because it doesn't control time or protect the balance of nature or anything important. It's just a random weirdo you find squatting in a volcanic crater.
>>
>>25869753
Getting tired of the 'almighty' legendary shit too. Especially when they're kind of weak
>>
>>25869502
Most people lurking /vp/ are underage, of course they will feel wrong about "legendarys"
Heatran is a good mon, being able to pull multiple sets (Choice scarf, sp.def, offensive, choice specs) and has a good matchup against most of the meta.
Things like Latios even resort to running EQ just to make it easier for teammates to go past it.
He is a must have in monotype teams, and it's role just became more prominent thanks to fairy pokemon being introduced in this gen.
I dare say that heatran wasn't used this much since DPP.
>>
File: image.png (529 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
529 KB, 800x800
>>25869502
It's legit my favorite Pokemon. Happy he does so well in competitive enviroments since I still remember all those retards I argued with who said said he's going to be low-mid tier because "m-muh 4x weakness to earthquake".

I don't mind raging shitters hating on him now, since I remember the times Regis were widely considered to be the absolute worst Pokemon ever created, and now they have quite a bit of fans. It's must be that famous "Pokemon cycle" I've been hearing about I guess.
>>
>>25869815
Good thing that is only in gen 4 and partially in 3, huh?
>>
>>25869909
You might have a point for 5 but gen 6 is full of this shit
>>
File: Gremlin2.jpg (27 KB, 316x222) Image search: [Google]
Gremlin2.jpg
27 KB, 316x222
>>25869861
One of my favs, too. I have a few figures of it on my shelf. No idea what it's supposed to be exactly but it always reminded me of that airplane gremlin from that old Bugs Bunny cartoon. Pic related.

I like that it didn't have a bunch of bullshit lore around it, it was just a strong mon you stumbled onto like the birds in gen1. At the same time it kinda made it feel less "legendary" but honestly its probably just because of all the spectacle creep from the other 'mons.
>>
>>25869925
Nothing in gen 6 is "almighty" or even close to that.
>>
>>25869925
No?
>>
>>25869937
>Pokemon of life
>Pokemon of death
>pokemon with multidimensional rings that can transport all mighty legendaries
>>
When it is drawn chibi its cute
>>
>>25870013
They are not Pokemon that govern those aspect of existence, they simply "inject" or "drain" them. Nothing about them is almighty.

Hoopa is a dimensional thief and nothing else. Opening portals is easy shit, there's nothing to be powerful about if you can't control what you summon. There's a reason why The Spot is not one of Spiderman's most powerful enemies, because the power to create portals in itself isn't that amazing by itself.

By comparison Ho-oh is more powerful than fucking Arceus because it can resurrect the fucking dead.
>>
>>25870036
>Opening portals is easy shit
Oohh okay
>>
>>25870079
Certainly easier than creating life from nothing like Arceus, resurrecting the dead like Ho-oh, or governing time and space like Dialga and Palkia.

You opened a portal now you can get that candy inside a store wow so amazing!
>>
File: 1457011172499.jpg (40 KB, 680x329) Image search: [Google]
1457011172499.jpg
40 KB, 680x329
Heatran is bullshit strong, even for a Legendary.
It cucks Charizard Y so hard I'm forced to run EQ just to fuck it. Never had big problems with it afterwards, too bad it makes me vunerable to Tyrannitar. But that's a smaller problem because Tyrannitar isn't on every team, just like the other aberration design Keldeo.
Don't fall for that "it grew on me", it's teambuilding stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>25870093
I don't know man. I think you're a dingus
>>
>>25870125
Due to it my bomb ass modest charizard y with solar beam, flamethrower, dragon pulse, and roost needs a team mate to take on heatran (which isn't the end of the world). But i'm considering a new y for different team variants that runs flamethrower, solar beam, earthquake, and dragon dance. Should be a very fun and good mon, but it says a lot about how good heatran is to force such team building.
>>
Its ugly as shit and OP as shit. I hate it.
>>
>>25869502
I don't consider it to be any more legendary than Snorlax.
>>
>>25869502
I hate facing it in competitive in just about every format I play. It's just so goddamn annoying.
>>
>>25870474
That's exactly my build.
(And I anonymous, claim to have build it first)
It becomes a great sweeper after DD, it fucks M-Manectric, M Bunnelby, non-Scarfed Keldeos and so on. If they run Heatran they will hardly have an Answer for it.
>>
I hate facing Heatran competitively.

I don't use legendaries in my teams, so I'm already biased, but Heatran is the bane of my existence, only second to Landy-T.
>>
Heatran is now a member of my team. You should try it OP
>>
>>25869622
>>25869753
>>25869849
>>25869861
>>25869936
>>25870125
>>25870474
>>25870498
So will it make me a fag if I use one on my team?
I don't really have a problem with legendary pokemon (especially if not uber) but I dont ever use them.
If I used just this guy and a team filled with regular average mons will I be judged?
Not that it really matters, just curious.
>>
>>25873235
No.
>>
>>25869629
This pretty much. Heatran has a cool design and typing but his legendary status despite just being a random lava monster both turns people off using him and gives him his great stats which result on him being almost omnipresent on competative teams.
>>
>>25873989
The birds don't have much to them either, I would say Heatran is more "legendary" due to actually ruling over and controlling a volcano.
Not that I actually think it is a problem either way.
It having genders bothers me though.
>>
>>25873235
Caring about if a pokémon is titled as a legendary when it comes to competitive play is borderline autistic. The only thing that matters is the actual strength of the pokémon in those cases.
>>
All legendary Pokemon are scum. People that battle online with them are scum. There is no greater feeling than 1 shotting somebody's Delta whatever shiny Rayquaza and shiny Primal Groupon combo in the first turn.

Fuck 'em all, they are strictly for story and flavor and that's it.
>>
>>25874076
what is the best non-mega non-legendary fire type?
>>
>>25869622
>fucking up that stallfag with a neat strategy of your own
>using Heatran and Slowbro
I like you.
>>
>>25874083
Do you want opinions or facts? Because I'm operating completely off of opinions here.
>>
>>25874096
opinions.
facts are easy to get over with teamates and items etc
>>
I like it. It's one of those Pokemon like Landorus-T that's so splashable it's hard to build a team without one. Its resistances are so useful.
>>
>>25874108
I like using Magmortar with choice scarf and heat wave, modest full SPA build for a special attacking fire type. Stupid fast and nearly 200 spa @lvl 50.
My typical go to for physical fire is Infernape, partly because fake out, partly because closecombat/flare blitz is a sweet ass combo. I'm trying to incorporate Talonflame more, but I use him for his flying type more than fire.
>>
>>25869622
I hate Heatran, but I like YOU anon.
That play with the Solar Beam on the last turn was fucking beautiful.
>>
>>25869502
Volcanion is what Heatran should have been in the first place.
>>
>>25876451
Event locked tournament restricted Mythical with no cool postgame subquest? No thanks.
>>
>>25874127
>Hard to build a team without one

Fuck you, if you cant build a proper team without using those 2 cunts then you must be even stupider than you sound.
>>
>>25874076

This
>>
>>25877412
>waaaah stop using good pokemon!!! ;_;
>>
My headcanon is that Bianca caught him after BW2.
>>
>>25874063
This.
It's like calling the stupid lake trio overpowered just because they are fucking legendaries.
>>
>>25877433
>Heatran
>Lando-T
>Good

Faggot, they aren't 'good', just strong. Idiots use them as win buttons and then get all butthurt when somebody comes and steamrolls through their half-assed team.

All they do is saturate the meta, all legendaries should be fucking banned.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.