[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Additional Nuzlocke Rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: nuzlocke.png (84 KB, 248x436) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke.png
84 KB, 248x436
I started a HeartGold Nuzlocke just a bit ago and I'm trying to make it as challenging as possible by adding different rules and restrictions, here's what I have so far:

>You can never exceed 6 living Pokemon. After a spot has been cleared from your team, you can catch a new 6th member.
>Any revives you find cannot be sold at marts, they must be trashed immediately. This includes Max Revives.
>ONLY ONE dead Pokemon can boxed instead of released and later be revived by trashing the Sacred Ash, or, in a sense, throwing it on the corpse. For example, if your starter dies, you can box it until getting the Sacred Ash and revive it. Once you've boxed a Deadmon to revive later, it cannot be changed out for another Deadmon. it's locked in until its revival.
>If a roamer is your first encounter, you have to throw any one Pokeball you have at it. If you have absolutely no balls to throw, you must use a move on it. You cannot run from roamers, they must run from you.
>No use of Rare Candies or Exp. Share. RCs must be trashed immediately upon receiving them.
>If you find one after your first encounter, shinies can be caught and boxed, but not used. If they're your first you can use them, but dead shinies must be RELEASED, not boxed, unless you plan on reviving it with the Sacred Ash later on.
>Only 2 HP restore items may be used per battle. Status restore items can be used 3 times per battle. Full Restores count as HP healing items. There are no restrictions on PP restoration items used per battle.

Anyone else have some more restrictions to add? I started with Chikorita and I'm only just now getting my first catch, a lv2. Hoothoot, so I'm not far in at all.
>>
I pretty much always add wedlocke rules into my buz locks playthroughs. It makes it more challenging and enjoyable for me. Even if I did steal the idea from an autistic youtuber
>>
File: 1355290928261.jpg (178 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
1355290928261.jpg
178 KB, 456x628
>>25867256
>HGSS Nuzlocke
>Wants to make it HARDER
Jesus CHRIST anon, are you a masochist?
>>
>>25867256
>No use of Rare Candies

This should be taken from granted even on the normal one.
>>
>badabim-bada-Bump
>>
>Nuzlocke General
>>
>>25867256
>nuzlocke with a chikorita
>>
File: 1284620233361.gif (87 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
1284620233361.gif
87 KB, 460x600
Some additional rules I ran with when I nuzlocked classic Gold:

>Cannot buy health items, only allowed to use those you find.
>Additionally, no items apart from Poke ball may be used during battles, only in-between.
>Once you enter a Gym, you cannot leave until beating it or losing.

I'd say the second rule was the only difficult one, particularly during Whitney's and Morty's gym. Although I've heard rumors about limiting the number of times you can visit a Pokecenter in each city, I can only salute people who abide by that rule.
>>
>1 evolution per badge
>can only level up evolve after a mandatory battle
>can only stone or trade evolve once per game
>only starter can fully evolve
>>
>>25867256
What happens if you throw the ball at a roamer and catch it? Does that mean you can use the roamer?
>>
>>25872070
Only if you have a spot open on your team, I forgot to add that part. Otherwise it has to be attacked.
>>
What's the rule on Evolving Nincada do you keep the ninjask or shedninja?
>>
>>25873324
Huh, I never thought about that. I'd say you get to pick and keep one and release the other.
>>
>>25873324
I'd say Shedinja counts as the next area's caught mon.
>>
>>25873324
I treat it as a freebie, since it technically evolved from one Pokemon and you're nuzlocking with a 1 hp Pokemon, even if it does have wonder guard.
>>
>>25867256
>reviving pokemon in a nuzlocke

End yourself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.