[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm legitimately confused as to whether VGCfags are baiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1460066619493.jpg (135 KB, 676x768) Image search: [Google]
1460066619493.jpg
135 KB, 676x768
I'm legitimately confused as to whether VGCfags are baiting or not. Why the fuck do people keep using the "Smogon sets use the same 6 mons" meme? It makes no sense, it's bullshit, and the fact of the matter is that VGC reeks of everything their fanboys hate Smogon for, (even though Smogon players don't do it in the first place.)

Are they just trolling, or do they just know nothing about the Smogon metagame apart from what they hear other people on /vp say?
>>
>>25867017
Smogon sets use the same 6 mons
>>
>>25867017

>The guys using lilligant and the 6th place team in general.

At least some of them are original about it..... I yearn for the day I can use M-Mawile again without being screamed at by someone. (also curious what that lilligant was running)
>>
>>25867039
>I don't actually play by smogon rules: the post
>>
>>25867089
Is there anyone that plays UU, NU, PU, BL?
Do they even matter in the rankings?
>>
>>25867126
I play NU and below

The more you move up the tiers the more you see the same Pokemon being used
>>
>>25867126
NU and PU are quite fun.
>>
File: 1410055712443.png (155 KB, 710x545) Image search: [Google]
1410055712443.png
155 KB, 710x545
>>25867126
>BL
>playing it
>>
>>25867126
I prefer UU.

I've just never gotten into the OU metagame. I feel like there are too many people playing it, which means there are way too many trends appearing and reappearing.
>>
>>25867017
Let me point it out for you

>7/8 teams used M-Kang
>5/8 teams used M-Salamence
>7/8 teams used Xerneas
>1/2 of the teams used Cresselia
>6/8 teams used Smeargle
>7/8 teams used Talonflame

Which only leaves Lilligant, M-Mawile, M-Rayquaza, White Kyurem, and Amoonguss. That's fucking pathetic considering it's the only variety in the entire set of teams from VGC.

Stop trying to act like Smogon actually tries something new, because all of the pissbabies who swim in the shitpool are using at least four of the six pokemon that these so called "championships" run into the fucking ground.
>>
As someone who mains a Lilligant on their team, I am glad to see it got some recognition.
Recently though, I have gotten more into PU
>>
>>25867217
That's really only in the lower ladder rankings. Most teams past 1200/1300 don't use the recommended sets because everyone knows what they are.
>>
>>25867267
PU is becoming my favorite tier. You see more variety than most other tiers.
>>
>>25867217
>6/8
>>
>>25867126

I play UU and NU. Yes, they matter and are relevant. And BL is not a tier.
>>
>>25867217

Well I guess you've never played any of the smogon ladders then. OU is p diverse, certainly not the most diverse, but they are other tiers, which some of you seem to forget. UU is also a very diverse and fun tier to play as is NU and PU. I haven't really played RU so I can't say much about it.
>>
>>25867017
You are just taking the bait, even VGC fags complain about their own current meta.
The ones who seriously talk shit about either meta just don't have a grasp in competitive pokemon, they just think they have, but actually don't.
They like to talk shit mostly because they are terrible at VGC, and too salty about their favorite mons to play 6v6.
In reality, high level competitive players don't give a shit about the other meta, and generally just dismiss it, or accept it.
>>
>>25867611
>OU is diverse

I gave you examples proving you wrong on this, you braindead cretin. It's as diverse as Nazi Germany.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.