[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /vp/ hate Empoleon? I think it's really cool.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: empoleon.jpg (31 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
empoleon.jpg
31 KB, 256x320
Why does /vp/ hate Empoleon? I think it's really cool.
>>
>>25865834
It's just infernape was better looking. Otherwise, Empoleon is pretty sweet.
>>
>>25865848
infernape is over designed garbage that appealed to edge lords. those same fags that grew up on gen 4 are currently the main population of /vp/
>>
>>25866000
>overdesigned garbage
Gunwunner pls go.
>>
File: image.png (310 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310 KB, 750x1334
Who hates Empoleon?

Point me in the direction of that poor tasteless fuck TbH
>>
>>25865834
Worst Water starter by far.
The only starter i ditched in a run without regret

And people complain about samurott
>>
File: 1440280213146.jpg (272 KB, 948x720) Image search: [Google]
1440280213146.jpg
272 KB, 948x720
Empoleon line is my top choice for gen 4 starters
>favourite animals penguin
>like the unique typing
>regal style is solid
>fairly balanced stats
The only thing was I thought it would be more of a physical attacker going by its design.
>>
>metal penguin
>steel starter
>water type
>it's not fire/fighting
>it's not anally violated by ice types the same way based torterra is

Anyone who hates Empoleon needs to rethink their entire lives.
>>
>>25866044
are you implying based Empoleon is worse than >Samurott
>Swampert
>Feraligatr
??????????

you crazy nigga
>>
>>25866033
Could have been a good selection if not for cottonigger ruining it
>>
File: garbage.png (10 KB, 887x574) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
10 KB, 887x574
>>25866185
Yes, Empoleon just a mishmash of MSPaint shape tool, Samurott has actually tought on it
>>
>>25866265
Never seen taste this shit on here
>>
>people actually placing samurott over based empoleon
>>
File: 1460005252911.gif (429 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460005252911.gif
429 KB, 480x480
>>25866219
>cottonigger

it's design makes so much sense now
>>
File: Homer.png (67 KB, 331x304) Image search: [Google]
Homer.png
67 KB, 331x304
>>25866265
You wanna have a go mate? Think you're hard?
>>
I like Empoleon's design but I despise Prinplup + back when I picked it up in gen IV, it had some fucking TRASH move options in-game + ends up being weak to both other starters when fully evolved.
I think the only other problem is that Torterra and Infernape are pretty strong competition and they actually had pretty nice movesets. Gen IV nailed the starters.
>>
>>25866344
Agreed, the level up moveset was a lot less desirable, not to mention:
>monferno could get mach punch as soon as it evolves from chimchar and got close combat straight as it becomes infernape
>torterra got earthquake straight away
>prinplup got non STAB metal claw and empoleon got aqua jet even though its stats lean it to the special side
>>
>>25866514
surely they knew what they were doing when they did this
>>
>>25865834
Torterra best 4th gen starter as well as best Grass starter.
That said, gen 4 has the best starters on average.
>>
>>25866514
Chimchar line really had an unfair advantage
>>
>>25866000
Trips confirm
>>
>>25866344
Compare the natural moves that all the Gen IV starters learn. Do you see the disparity? Torterra's learnset is quite ideal (learns a lot of moves other Grass starters actually have to breed for), and Infernape has very interesting moves, but Empoleon learns dumb things like Fury Attack, Mist, and other moves that are of little utility in-game. It was heavily HM/TM reliant for actual attacks, while most of its attacks were physical, its stats were lopsided towards special. It even learns Swords Dance naturally and has Defiant as its HA. I wonder what was going through their minds when they did this, they did the same thing to Sceptile and Charizard (though the latter now has the Mega X form to change that). I ended up with Aqua Jet/Flash Cannon/Ice Beam/Surf on my in-game Empoleon, and the only other coverage move it could learn for special side is Grass Knot, I think. It's horrendous. Still, I don't regret picking Empoleon. It's cool.
>>
>>25866033
>someone actually liking Fearow
>>
>>25866749
Damn, never realized how skewed the game was against Empoleon. Still, it's not dealt the worst hand when it can still learn actual moves from TMs and HMs.
>>
>>25866107
Yeah i find that weird, its fins resemble dual claymores for fucks sake.
>>
>>25866816
I guess the idea they had was use its steel type to tank hits while hitting hard with water attacks (though you were stuck with Bubblebeam or Brine) but there were too many Fighters and Ground types. Being 60 speed, despite being a quick agile penguin according to the Pokedex, did not help either. I think they switched Bubblebeam to be learned earlier in Platinum than in DP (you were stuck with BUBBLE, a base 20 power move, in DP until the mid 20s) Not to mention Swords Dance is a Level 10 move (where it was Water Sport as either Prinplup or Piplup), so using physical moves was not ideal either. Meanwhile your friend's Torterra is busy Earthquaking and Seed Bombing everything while Crunching Ghosts and your Infernape friend only needs to Close Combat/Fire STAB everything to oblivion. You're stuck using base 60 power moves and by level 52 you rejoice as you learn... Drill Peck? At least it learns Surf so it's not totally a lost cause.
>>
>>25865834
Does /vp/ hate Empoleon? It seems pretty well liked overall. Same with Torterra. Infernape seems to provoke a more love/hate reaction but even it is mostly liked from what I've seen.
>>
Anyone have some good iv preferably dream or premier ball darumaka laying around?
>>
>>25866021
Its main problem is the doily-looking design on its belly
>>
I love Empoleon from design alone, but never used him. What sort of move set would you run on him?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.