[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>build an in-game team >realize you need multiple Water-type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1436748233065.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1436748233065.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>build an in-game team
>realize you need multiple Water-type HMs
>only one Pokémon on team can learn any of them
>>
File: 041.jpg (234 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
041.jpg
234 KB, 700x546
>Finish E4
>The stupid HM slave that didn't do shit is now being congratulated

This always get to me. I don't think ever since I was a kid this didn't happen at least the first run through E4.
I know I can deposit, but then I will just 5 (or less) and that's just as annoying.
>>
>>25861538
Sometimes the HM slave can be handy once just by sending it out to get killed while you heal another Pokemon. Maybe such a sacrifice does make it worthy of congratulation. Not to mention that it helped you get to the Elite Four by using its HM moves.
>>
>>25861538
Why not deposit it when you get to the Pokemon League, withdraw something useful, train it a bit in victory road, and then go challenge E4/Champ?
>>
>>25861561
this
>>
>>25861538
>The pokemon that was always there for you to help you search far and wide is not worthy of respect or admiration.

You would be an antagonist in the game.
>>
>>25861538

you can just get rid of the hm slave for the elite 4. It's stupid when victory road has hms in it though.

I remember gold's victory road needing like, 3 pokemon for HMs, then had the rival battle right at the end
>>
File: 1412737213101.jpg (104 KB, 907x475) Image search: [Google]
1412737213101.jpg
104 KB, 907x475
WHY ARE HMs STILL A THING

YES I GET THEY ADD MORE SUBSTANCE TO YOUR POKEMON BY GIVING THEM USE OUTSIDE OF BATTLE

BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO TAKE UP MOVE SLOTS

JUST MAKE THEM PASSIVE FUNCTIONS UNLOCKED BY BADGES

STOP RUINING MY FUCKING MOVESETS
>>
>>25861668
This, my ideal situation would be like: Every Pokemon that can learn an HM automatically can use it outside of battle, not as a "move" just as a thing your Pokemon can do, like we all know how stupid it is for Pokemon like Lapras to not be able to surf without knowing the move Surf so just have the prompt go, "The water is deep blue, would you like to surf on one of your Pokemon?" instead of having an unforgettable shitty move take up a meaningful slot on your team (Surf is actually good so I'm mainly talking about shit like Cut and rock Smash
>>
>>25861446
Just get another water pokemon, anon. Ditch your grass type. They're garbage anyway.
>>
>>25861668
Pokemon BW fixed this and you faggots complained about it
>>
>>25861538
>having a HM slave

Just fucking spread them on your team
Sure it waste a move but it's not like you need strategical sets to beat the game
>>
File: Pokémon TPP Crystal_17.png (3 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon TPP Crystal_17.png
3 KB, 160x144
>>25861900
But the whole reason I'm using Meganium is because I've never done so before and want to be able to say I've used all three Johto starters. Now I have to teach Mantine Surf and Waterfall together (at least Whirlpool is an isolated location and you can just box a Pokémon for five minutes instead of the entirety of Victory Road).

>>25861907
I agree, I think BW and XY had shitty roadblocks, HMs are sometimes annoying but they're better than every route having Dancing For No Reason.
>>
>>25861888

I think it should be the pokemon that learn the HM will already know it as a passive ability like you said. However you need the badge to unlock it.
>>
>>25861960
Maril can learn all the water HM's in gen II.
>>
File: personal usage list.png (277 KB, 809x948) Image search: [Google]
personal usage list.png
277 KB, 809x948
>>25862823
I know, but I've used Azumarill before. A while ago I filled out a template where you tried to mark every Pokémon you've ever used in a playthrough and ever since then I usually (though not always) try to use nothing but new Pokémon. Every Pokémon in this playthrough is one I've never used before, and after I finish I'll mark them as being used.

Besides, I'm at Tohjo Falls about to fight Giovanni (it was added to the game, Granbull is also Fairy-type), and his team is in the high 60s. I really do need all six of my Pokémon to attempt to beat him, even if it hurts to put a useless physical Water-type move on a special attacker (the split was also added, pointing out before I get mocked).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.