[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: pe.jpg (688 KB, 900x901) Image search: [Google]
pe.jpg
688 KB, 900x901
Find a flaw
>>
>>25860812
rayqauza's teeth are indistinguishable from his gums
>>
>>25860812
the weird things in the background look kinda weird
>>
>Pokemon have shitty level-up learnsets.
>Pokemon only learn good moves if you keep them in their base form for 90% of the game.
>lack of the physical special split ends up making the movesets of most Pokemon even worse
>You're reluctant to fix the aforementioned movesets with TMs since they're not reusable and you barely get any good ones until very late in the game
>game requires three water HMs to traverse the overworld
>Pokemon diversity is shit on the water routes
>Battle Frontier is an RNG-fest
>>
>>25860848
you ruined it
>>
>>25860844
aw man, I never really thought about that before... gross
>>
>>25860812
Hey kid, wanna know how I got these scars?
>>
One thing that pisses me off in every game is when they create legendaries only available through events sometimes only held in Japan. Why create them if no one can have them
>latios, latias, deoxys, jirachi
>>
File: satan.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>25860812

Just a glorified version of Ruby and Sapphire with more features, which sounds good, but ultimately leaves you with just an improved version of an overall ''meh'' game. Also, there's a distinct lack of environments to explore, with pretty much every route being either:

A. Mountains
B. Generic grasslands
D. Endless oceans

It's just those three on repeat

It would make sense if there was a distinct tropical theme within the world to account for the constant water, but there isn't. It literally just feels like Johto but with more boats, which makes everything feel very bland and lifeless. I know it's considered a ''meme'', but 1/2 half the map is water.

Also, the sound font is extremely irritating. The constant trumpets have also become a meme, but there are songs that sound so scarily similar, it's almost as if they got lazy. And hey, they pretty much did, considering there are some genuinely beautiful songs in the game that use the GBA soundfont to it's fullest potential (Abandoned Ship, Credits theme, etc.) I mean just listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJIpVPFvOkk&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVrafnnu0Y&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWFjcKzPmtY&nohtml5=False

The amount of similarity there is painful. Even if the compositions are unique, the soundfont fucks any kind of distinct charm up the ass.

Plus, the wild Pokemon distribution was as bad as D/P's. Constant Wingulls, Pellippers, Zubat, and Zigzagoon just weren't nice to look at after a while. And I know that could apply to any region, but Gen 3 came after two gens, so the variety should have been greater.

Other than that, solid game. 8/10 across the board.
>>
>>25860812
It has Mudkip and I do not like Mudkip
>>
>>25860812
That game on itself is a flaw op
>>
>>25860975
What about the desert, wetlands and volcanic areas?
>>
File: 2402401990015414791HzRzRR_ph.jpg (71 KB, 595x800) Image search: [Google]
2402401990015414791HzRzRR_ph.jpg
71 KB, 595x800
>>25860844
>>
File: 272px-Desert_Hoenn_Emerald.png (253 KB, 272x600) Image search: [Google]
272px-Desert_Hoenn_Emerald.png
253 KB, 272x600
>>25861026

>desert
Pic related, a little too small and inclosed to be a desert. Not like X/Y's or B/W's deserts.

>wetlands
Just a wet grassland

>Volcanic areas
Well, I'll give you that one actually. Didn't cross my mind. But still, the variety seems to be lacking.
>>
>>25861064
Huh, it is pretty small actually. I guess it seemed bigger since the screen is so tiny.
>>
>>25860975
On your music criticism I have to disagree. Those battle themes do sound similar, but the majority of most region's battle musics are similar to each other in hook. The Johto trainer and Johto Gym Leader themes are very similar in the start in terms of rhythm, and one of the channels in Silver's battle theme is literally (and I mean the definition of literal, completely 100% the same) the same as one of the channels in the Rocket battle theme during the intro. I'm not calling Johto's battle music bad though, I think having an overall similar style of battle theme is a good thing.
>>
File: Silver Rocket Battles.png (27 KB, 607x724) Image search: [Google]
Silver Rocket Battles.png
27 KB, 607x724
>>25861164
Or wait, I doublechecked, and the Silver and Rocket battles are very very slightly different in terms of vibrato, intensity and tone, but the note pitches are still exactly the same at least. Point still stands but it's not "literally" the same after all so I just wanted to correct that.
>>
>>25860812
Rayquaza is based off some Mexicans.
>>
>>25860812
nigga's doing a shitty job with jazz hands
>>
>>25860848
Came here to post most of these.
Lack of many improvements from newer gens as well as pretty meh (pre-E4) Pokedex makes Emerald far from perfect to me.

>>25860975
While the sound font has never bothered me (hell, battle themes are AMAZING with trumpets), the landscape has. The amount of water you have to explore is troublesome. Meme or not, it's a valid criticism.
>>
Nothing, it's perfect
>>
>>25861342

dumb hoennigger
>>
>>25860812

You should just show tits or gtfo already. The same shit every day is boring.
>>
>>25861164

>one of the channels in Silver's battle theme is literally the same as one of the channels in the Rocket battle theme during the intro

Well, Silver is Giovanni's son
>>
>>25860812
I love Emerald. But, for a real answer:

>no physical/special split
>lack of diversity of pokemon on water routes
>lack of things on the water routes, like mini islands and beaches and stuff
>rival doesn't battle you with a fully evolved starter
>>
>>25861489
>rival doesn't battle you with a fully evolved starter
May/Brendan wasn't your your rival , it was wally
>>
too much water
>>
>>25861195
Where the hell did you get things from pic related?
>>
it had a heavy-handed story that felt like it forced you along rather than rewarding you for your exploration
the first two gens were much better in this regard
>>
>>25861323
>The amount of water you have to explore is troublesome. Meme or not, it's a valid criticism.
How? You travel water in the final part of the main game from one island to another. And by final, literally the last two gyms and up to the League. After that, there is no reason for you to touch the water again besides to get Rayquaza and do the Regi puzzle. None.
>>
Fuck the physical/special split. It made Sceptile worse.
>>
>>25863535
Fastest surfing speed.
Repels are available as fuck.
>>
There is no good way to grind, and Repels are mandatory because of the water routes. That's pretty much it, perfect game otherwise.
>>
>>25863549
How?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.