[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 30-Cofagrigus line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13
Yesterday was Sigilyph, today will be about the mummy pokemon Yamask and Cofagrigus.
My thoughts: Unfortunately I don't have much experience with these two, except for this one time where out of boredom, I decided to emulate Ghetsis's original team in my White version. I don't remember if I used it in any battle. While I can't say much about them in terms of usefulness, design wise they're pretty cool Ghost types. Yamask is cute but given its Pokedex entry, probably one of the creepiest Pokémon in the series, and Cofagrigus emulates a level of ghostly bro-ness that rivals even Gengar. And the 4 ectoplasmic hands are neat.
Overall, cool Ghost types. Tell me /vp/ how is this Pokemon in battle?
>>
Shut up
>>
File: 32176423_p0.png (33 KB, 631x500) Image search: [Google]
32176423_p0.png
33 KB, 631x500
cofagrigus is made for snug
>>
All these years later and I still feel ripped off over Cofagrigus not being Ghost/Rock or Ghost/Steel.

It's in the fucking mineral egg group. It's literally covered in and eats gold.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 127x126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 127x126
Tied for my favorite Pokemon position. I've used it in every doubles team since BW came out, and I use it in singles teams now, too. Such a cool design.
And the best character in Super a Mystery Dungeon.
>>
File: mega cofagrigus.jpg (100 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
mega cofagrigus.jpg
100 KB, 1000x500
>>25860650
I like it a lot.

Cofagrigus definitely deserves a Mega. The potential is there.
>>
Easily one of my favorite Pokemon ever. I fucking love Cofagrigus so much. It would have made a nice Ghost/Steel type though.
>>
>>25860659
No U
>>
>>25860650
Cool as fuck. One of my favorite gen V lines.
>>
Make sure you give him them gold bar shekels goyim!
>>
Cofagrigus' hands are fucking stupid. Otherwise it's decent.
>>
Did nobody care about the "fag" at the localization ?
>>
>>25861175
The GTS censor sure did. As for my opinion, I like it a lot.
>>
>>25860650
I like its design a lot and its ability really fits it. 8.5/10 pokemon
>>
File: cofagrigus.jpg (56 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus.jpg
56 KB, 660x330
>>25860650
Cofagrigus would be much better if it learned a recovery move other than Pain Split, since its ability only works if you're getting hit. Otherwise it's a lot of fun and a real bro to play with, both in-game and competitively.

Yamask is cutie and one of my favorite ghosts of all time. It really pulls off the creepy and cute mixture perfectly. If they were real I'd want to train one and cuddle it to make it feel better when it cried into its mask. Reminds me of Cubone, in a way, but as a "Death of the self" sadness instead of "Death of its mother" sadness.
>>
File: image.png (192 KB, 711x619) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192 KB, 711x619
>>
It's one of the most underrated pokemon designs and one of my favorites with galvantula.

Funny because both were revealed together with only their backsprites
>>
>>25861270
>When the Mummy ability triggers just right.
>>
His eyes are too small in the 3d games
>>
Death Mask and Sarcophagus are two really interesting designs for a ghost line.

While I really dig the line I think it would have been beneficial, design wise, to give it another stage between Yamask and Cofagrigus. No idea what, but the change would be less drastic.

Battle wise, Mummy is a fin ability.

This line gets an approval from me.
>>
I like Cofagrigas.

I'm usually a very blunt player, I have four attacks, I try to make them have different types and hope I have as many bases covered as possible so that i can always be effective. But Cofagrigas was my first attempt at a slightly more technical pokemon, taking something with a really low attack value, using it to equalize with the opponent and then taking advantage of the high defense stats to make a real sort of tank. Can't say anything bad design wise either.

The ability is annoying though. A bit of a double edged sword if Cofagrigas faints. ALso sucks that it's the thing's only ability
>>
File: 13292850_m.jpg (37 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
13292850_m.jpg
37 KB, 240x320
>>25860650
the best ghost just based on its design
tied with chandelure and gengar as top tier ghostbro
shame it gets overshadowed so often
>>
File: panty.jpg (39 KB, 818x720) Image search: [Google]
panty.jpg
39 KB, 818x720
I was really into Rozen Maiden when this guy was first announced, and I found the original name "Desukhan" amazing. Become one of my favorites for that alone at the time, but when the translated name got "revealed", I didn't liked and started making fun with other friends that used to watch the same show. I guess I like him for the silly memories alone.

Battle wise, he's alright. I tried to use him multiple times but I always found him lacking.
>>
cofagrigus is a g
however i fucking hate the way it crawls on all fours..
>>
File: choosing-palbearers-main.jpg (62 KB, 750x484) Image search: [Google]
choosing-palbearers-main.jpg
62 KB, 750x484
>>25861548
>however i fucking hate the way it crawls on all fours..
This bugged me for a while too. However, if you think about how a coffin is transported it makes way more sense.
>>
File: cofagrigus.gif (2 MB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus.gif
2 MB, 400x222
It's pretty spooky. Seems like a waste to just have it be pure Ghost though. I think the Blaze Black / Volt White romhacks made it Ghost/Steel, which would have been neat.
>>
>>25860650
I actually like Cofagrigus.
Fun to use both in-game and competitively.

Just curious OP, will you give other pokemon from other gens the love and attention they deserve?
>>
>>25861674

I'm pretty sure he's said once he's done with Gen V he'll move on to the others.
>>
>>25861548
>>25861588
Holy fuck, I never knew it did that.
Honestly, this makes him about 10 times cooler and creepier in my opinion.
Just imagine seeing that IRL?
>>
>>25861699
>Just imagine seeing that IRL?

It would be the most terrifying shit ever.
>>
>>25861685
Ok cool.
Idk why anyone hasn't done shit like this before. Maybe they have but I never saw that many.
>>25860650
Its a good concept OP keep up the good positive work
>>
>>25861602
That's the stuff of nightmares right there senpai
>>
File: 1449029801819.jpg (121 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1449029801819.jpg
121 KB, 752x1063
>>
File: naJZc6z.gif (2 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
naJZc6z.gif
2 MB, 640x350
>>25861699
>>25861715
It's fucking nightmare fuel.

I used to think Golurk crawling like a madman was creepy but seeing a coffin crawl across a room with 4 ghostly appendages would immediately and completely make me void my bowels.
>>
>>25860696
This
>>
>>25861548 here

>>25861588
>>25861699
>>25861715
>>25861866
i literally wondertraded my shiny cofagrigus after seeing this. agreed, nightmare fuel. he had been my bro for so long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaS_e4XnEJw&t=3m22s
>>
>>25862406
> wondertraded
Aw what? I'd have been glad to take it off your hands. I'm trying to put together a shiny ghost team.
>>
File: gengarbread.png (125 KB, 754x712) Image search: [Google]
gengarbread.png
125 KB, 754x712
>>25862448
i have a pretty good team that is based around my shiny ghosts
>gengar
>trevenant
>gourgeist
>golurk
the other two slots are usually something like Furfrou and Ursaring or Girafarig or something
sometimes a fire type, cause i have two trevenant, one with sunny day and one without
>>
>>25862500
>two trevenant, one with sunny day and one without
I didn't know trevenant had Sunny day, I thought it was the cure one, the berry regen(harvest?) and the one that detects oponents items.
>>
>>25863579
sunny day is a move...
both the one with sunny day has harvest and the other has natural cure.
>moves learnt by TM: Sunny Day (tm 11)
>>
>>25864346
Shit yeah, I was thinking of Drought.
Time to put away the whisky I think.
>>
>>25864368
or you could share it
>move from the woods in northern California to San Diego
>mfw its fucking raining and i have no whiskey
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.