[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Final Goodbye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_inline_mn4qr7rLDo1qz4rgp.gif (400 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mn4qr7rLDo1qz4rgp.gif
400 KB, 500x278
Someone kind of brushed on this topic in another thread, but it got me thinking. Eventually, through maturity, physical aging, or getting a job/family, we are all going to reach a point where we can't/don't wasn't to/don't have the time to play Pokemon anymore. That being said, what do you think you are going to do for your final goodbye to your Pokemon? I know it sounds autistic, but I know a lot of you, myself included, feel that bond with the Pokemon that you've used in-game or just like in general, and even if you were given a replacement for them, it still wouldn't feel like they had that same connection. So, are you going to do some kind of "final goodbye?" And what would you do for it?

I was thinking that considering I'm a lazy fuck, and am not keen on getting rid of childhood memories, (all of my legos are still at my parent's house,) I think that I won't be able to just leave them on my cartridge/bank. I think that I'll give away most of them to my younger cousins/nieces and nephews, and release the ones that aren't very important to me.

I hope that my (digital and non-sentient) partners can be given to children who can have the same adventures and memories with them that I did. Even though they're not real, it would hurt me to see them just be released.
>>
File: received_838018923010302.gif (1 MB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
received_838018923010302.gif
1 MB, 320x256
Faggot
>>
autism
>>
>>25859983
Haha, no, I'm never giving up Pokemon
>>
>>25859983
I'll die before I give up my bros.
I'll tell my family to just keep 'em in a box for me.
>>
>>25859983
Dont worry OP, you'll die before it happens
>>
As long as they keep producing the games, I'll keep playing them.

>26 now
>married
>wife plays Pokemon
>planning kids in a couple of years
>get them playing Pokemon
>play as a family
>>
>>25862983
And this is why our current generation is so fucked up.
>>
I've lived with Pokemon in my life since I was 3. I don't think I could ever quit playing it, drawing fanart of it, or doing something Pokemon related even when I get really old.
>>
>>25862997
Not that guy, but I don't see any issue.
No single mother, presumably good father, enough money to purchase video games, and good, family friendly ones at that!
>>
>>25859983
I'm never quitting Pokemon, or video games in general.
>>
>>25862997
Only if he was an oversensitive, censor-loving manchild but that doesn't seem to be the case. Bubble pampered kids, raised by soccer moms and cellphones are the issue.
>>
>>25864116
They will be quitting you, through.
>>
Who legitimately can't set aside 30 mins to play Pokemon? Why does anyone have to "quit" playing a game.
>>
>>25862997

You're a fucking idiot. As someone who grew up with shit-tier parents, I can't believe anyone would think spending time with their kids (even playing video games) is a bad thing.

We need more parents like this. Not parents who sit their kid in front of a tv or parents that get high or drunk and beat their kids.
>>
>>25868236
Actually we need parents who also raise their children, not ones who watch tv with them and act like children themselves.
>>
>>25868083
teenagers think they will grow into rich businessmen that won't care for it, but most of them sound like manchildren in the make, they just don't know.
>>
I thought the same thing when I was younger, I would get sad if be to old and mature to play the next elderscrolls or Pokemon, but I'm 25 now, engaged with a full time job and I still have plenty of time for vidya. No worries
>>
File: 1457073850608.png (57 KB, 326x284) Image search: [Google]
1457073850608.png
57 KB, 326x284
>>25859983
Just like I have my whole life (23), I come and go from playing pokemon. So really, I'll never stop playing, only have breaks.

>Tfw I'll be 80 or 90, playing pokemon on some sort of VR machine and kicking ass as a pokemon grandmaster.
>>
>>25869332
And spending time with them means you can't have fun with them how?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.