[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really, Gamefreak?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: smogon.png (154 KB, 794x690) Image search: [Google]
smogon.png
154 KB, 794x690
Really, Gamefreak?
>>
>>25851771
>the faggiest character in the franchise is a smogonfag
No surprise
>>
>>25851784
That's the team he gets once his balls drop and we wants to be a strong man and a good trainer.
>>
>>25851784
>>25851798
>Mixed Roserade
>Life Orb Talonflame
>Iron Tail Azumarill
>Sturdy Air Balloon Magnezone
>Crunch Garchomp
>Leaf Blaze Gallade
Smogonfags would laugh at anyone bringing those sets to Showdown.
>>
File: TrumpIsaPokemonTrainer.png (252 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
TrumpIsaPokemonTrainer.png
252 KB, 620x330
>>25851771

Wally's a little tryhard autist, not good!
>>
>>25851771
Who cares..
>>
>>25851771
>Wally gets a fucking manly ass Garchomp and Magnezone

Terrible, get out of here Wally and get a Wigglytuff or some shit.
>>
>>25851822
>talking shit about Sturdy
Magnet Pull is never great for an in game trainer
>>
File: Big_Lebowski-300x300.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Big_Lebowski-300x300.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>25851822
>mfw GF doesn't even know how to play their fucking game
>>
>>25851896
More like they don't give a shit about competitive Pokemon or their older fans. In fact they probably don't think either one exists, they probably think their only fans are 5-8 year olds who wont remember older generations stuff like Pokemon following you, or PokeWalker, etc. because they were babies or not alive then.

GameFreak legit thinks only children play their games, it's why it'll never evolve and just continue to get dumbed down as kids get more stupid.
>>
>>25851822
Smogon's sets aren't 100% optimal for in-game, seeing as they don't account for banned Pokemon. Also the AI in Pokemon games don't switch out their Pokemon either, so they opt to run coverage moves rather than a support/boosting move.
>>
File: 1455821982784.png (158 KB, 373x332) Image search: [Google]
1455821982784.png
158 KB, 373x332
>>25851771
Battle Resort is a place that makes me a bit mad, the place itself is like a parody of competitive players, there's many Collectors (trainer class) giving advices to you (and they're all fat and nerdy).

Not only that but there's one old guy that says exactly the opposite of Karen, saying that using strong pokémon instead of your faves is a need if you want to become the best (and his daughter highlights how Garchomp is strong and good), not only that but Wally himself drops two pokémon (Delcatty and Altaria for Talonflame and Garchomp, besides adding Azulmarill, these three are extremly competitive mons), it's like gamefreak is self aware that some pokémon are crap and some are strong as fuck.

They should use the VGC as base for how to fix the competitive, it's so obvious, even Masudas goes there himself to see the event, how he can't see this bullcrap of everyone using the same team? I expect SM to change some things.
>>
>>25851936
The AI will sometimes switch out, I've had Blue switch out before on me in Lavender Town in Fire Red, and that was, shit two weeks ago on a Nuzlocke?
>>
>>25851822
>dissing on Sturdy
>implying that Magnet Pull isn't hot noob trap garbage
>>
>>25851926
that's only Masuda
>>
>>25851960
I replayed gen 1 on 3ds and Agatha switch her Gengar for Golbat when I use earthquake with my Rhydon
>>
>>25851960
The only time they'll switch out is if they have no moves that can harm you. There's also one trainer in Koga's gym in RBY/FRLG who will randomly switch out his Pokemon, but I believe that's the only exception.
>>
File: 1437629658686.png (310 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
1437629658686.png
310 KB, 681x496
>Do the Maison multibattles with Wally since it feels like he'd be the canonical partner
>Uses the fucking Magenzone
>>
>>25851957
I think their self awareness of how shitty competitive Pokemon is is hilarious. Face it, not every Pokemon is gonna be "competitively viable", but there's probably not a single one that you couldn't find some use for in single player so it's no big deal.
>>
>>25852054
Steven > Archie > Wally > Maxie > May/Brendan
>>
>>25852004
Blue switched out his Pidgeotto for his Ivysaur against my Wartortle when it got red. Pidgeotto could definitely damage Wartortle.
>>
>>25852129
Maybe the gen 1 AI had some sort of switching programmed into it then. I know that trainers in the later gens never switch out unless they have no way of damaging you. My Shedinja is the only thing that seems to make trainers switch Pokemon.
>>
>>25852004
No, there are a handful of NPCs who seem to have the ability to freely switch, most notably the Jugglers and Agatha. Blue apparently can, too (I've never seen him do it, though).
>>
>>25851771
>Mixed Roserade
literally why
they make the fucking game, how do they not know how to play it? How did this make it into the final version? Why didn't they patch this when they realized that it was fucking stupid to have a mixed roserade for one of the strongest trainers in the game?
>>
>>25852004
I had a couple gym leaders in Platinum switch on me. It was so surprising considering I just got off playing gen VI and was use to the gym leaders not thinking.
>>
None of them are even Hoenn Pokemon...(besides Roserade and Gallade evolving from them)
>>
>>25852232
Three of his Pokemon are still Pokemon from his original team. He just replaced Delcatty for Azumarill (because Delcatty is shit) and he replaced Altaria for separate Dragon and Flying Pokemon (probably because Altaria was Lisia's ace).
>>
File: 4pI85Yc.jpg (38 KB, 498x306) Image search: [Google]
4pI85Yc.jpg
38 KB, 498x306
>>
>>25852207
>>25852167
>>25852129
iic trainers (es.p leaders and e4) will switch more often if you play black/white 2 on challenge mode
>>
>>25852004
I've had Shauna and Diantha switching their Goodra in to power it up with Sap Sipper.
Also every trainer with a flying or dark Pokemon in AS, what the fuck.
>>
>>25851926
>More like they don't give a shit about competitive Pokemon or their older fans.
That's stupid. They do care. It's a big budget game. And pandering to tourneyfags isn't expensive, it's profitable
>>
>>25852313
Late game trainers use the same AI as the battle maison iirc, so they'll only switch if you have a super effective stab on their current pokemon and they have a pokemon immune to it.
>>
>>25852060
You may be able to use them but that doesn't mean it will be enjoyable. Walls for example aren't really fun. Absolute shitmons like Unown and Delibird just need babysitting the whole time as well.
>>
>>25851960
One time i was trying to put HGSS Misty's pokemon to sleep and she constantly kept switching out
>>
>>25851822
>tfw this team and its sets are still better than most "competitive" 6vs6 cart teams
>>
File: B4v2p6lCQAAdLuT.jpg-large.jpg (61 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
B4v2p6lCQAAdLuT.jpg-large.jpg
61 KB, 600x960
>>25852295
Fuck you
>>
>>25851771
Are you actually complaining about the ONE thing they did right, you fucking imbecile? Everyone bitches about Gen 6 being pathetically easy, and then there's you for bitching about game freak's one, sole way of delivering a challenging battle. Shut the fuck up you filthy Verlisify nutsack
>>
File: himawari.jpg (163 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
himawari.jpg
163 KB, 728x720
>got rid of two of his girly shitmons
>gives him a fucking talonflame and garchomp
>goes full tryhard
I could understand roserade and magnezone, but not a damn garchomp
>>
>>25851771
Really what?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.