[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What got you the most hyped and what gen had the best leaks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: corocoro-zorua-zoroark-2.jpg (268 KB, 1000x763) Image search: [Google]
corocoro-zorua-zoroark-2.jpg
268 KB, 1000x763
What got you the most hyped and what gen had the best leaks?
>>
>>25850221
Gen VI had the best leaks since they went all out, shame it left very little to find in the actual game though.
It also had some big and really controversial happenings, like mega evolution and fairy, that regardless of if you liked them or not really helped fuel discussion.

I've only followed leak seasons from BW and forth though, so can't talk about anything prior to that.
>>
Smugleaf got me the most hyped...and then I saw it's evolutions and realized there would finally be a grass starter I hated.
>>
>>25850221
Gen 4. Seeing those cross-gen evos on Serebii made my dick rock hard.
>>
>>25850262
>Smugleaf
Stupidest fucking name ever, there's literally nothing clever about it
>>
Those beautiful shiny legendary dogs got me the most excited.
>>
>>25850280
Well we didn't know the name at the time anon, we just named him because he was a smugleaf, we weren't trying to be clever.
>>
>>25850307
Screw you
>>
>>25850334
No screw you
>>
I don't know about most hyped but the mega evolution thing came out of nowhere and i couldnt honestly believe it.
>>
>>25850307
Which leaf is the smuggiest?
>>
File: Smugleaf.png (338 KB, 761x859) Image search: [Google]
Smugleaf.png
338 KB, 761x859
>>25850334
>>
>>25850350
that threw me for ages. I had no idea what to think about it. The shitstorm on here was delicious.
>>
>>25850221
XY and XY

And I've been following leaks since fucking Diamond and Pearl
>>
Biggest hype was definitely this gen, with megas and fairies.

>Those threads "proving" Sylveon was a bug type
best few weeks ever.
>>
>>25850359
Smugleaf
>>
>>25850221
I can't wait to find out what that special evolution method is for Zorua
>>
>>25850385
I first started following leaks when I saw Lucario and Mime Jr. on the Pokemon intro on tv. Scoured the internet looking for any information on what they could be. God that seems like ages ago!
>>
File: image.png (9 KB, 126x199) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 126x199
>>25850402
>that day the Megas were revealed
In approx. one week I saw /vp/ go through all 6 stages of grief. It was amazing.
>>
>>25850446
I started following around the same time. All I remember was that Munchlax was already discovered but the name of the games weren't known yet.
>>
I remember HGSS being fun. The earliest leaks I kept up with was when Platinum was coming out.
>>
I don't remember much of Diamond/Pearl leak season aside from the intermittent fake screenshots.

BW was great especially when the tour buses went around and we got actual demo leaks.

XY was still probably the craziest because of kosthedin and his smoke breaks.
>>
>>25850221
What even happened to Zorua/Zoroark? In gen 5 you had to transfer gen 4 events to get either of them, then in gen 6 they're just regular encounters.
>>
>>25850515
They tried too hard to make them "special" and it backfired on them.
>>
>>25850515
They are just gimmicky fur bait that GF thought would be as marketable as Lucario

They thought wrong
>>
File: 1459790318638.jpg (16 KB, 297x207) Image search: [Google]
1459790318638.jpg
16 KB, 297x207
>>25850221
When it comes to leaks Gen II obviously tops every other release. We can thank late 90's Internet for keeping us guessing until the very end.
>>
>>25850221
I remember that.
:)
>>
Literally nothing will ever come close to Wottergate ever again
>>
>>25850262
Same here. Gen 5 was hype as fuck. I think Blitzle/Zebraika got me the most hype, not counting Smugleaf.
>>
>>25850402
>that day when fairy denail fags got btfo
Glorious
>>
>>25850221
the day fairy got officially revealed was amazing. Because of the crow eaten that day and because it would effect so many old pokemon.
>>
>>25850385

Tell me about the DP leak era. Why is there so little knowledge of it?

It's like there's an erased gap between Gen 2 hype and Gen 5 hype. I don't think I've ever seen screencaps of or heard about what happened.
>>
>>25850221
The best leaks were the gen 6 ones. I both like mega evos and fairy type, but their reveal caused an unholy shitstorm, it was great.
>>
When Greninja got leaked, because the other two did not until much later, so everyone was going "That's so obviously fake, it looks horrible"
>>
>>25851042

I remember the first few Gen 2 Pokemon being unveiled after Marill/etc. Ampharos was among them. It was kind of sweet, my mom (who enjoyed watching the show with me) found the news and showed me the pictures and names when they were still romanized Japanese.

>>25851788

The world wasn't quite so connected, and while the web did exist, most information came from video game magazines and the like. Serebii mostly just relayed information from those kinds of sources, and fakes were cheap-looking photoshop jobs of grainy screenshots. See: http://www.serebii.net/fakes/

Now there's enough of an audience to justify big, dramatic hoaxes.
>>
>>25850221
free
>>
>>25851880
To play
>>
File: wottergate.png (1 MB, 1280x1195) Image search: [Google]
wottergate.png
1 MB, 1280x1195
>>25850221
Only the fairy reveal ever got close to this shitstorm.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.