[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did no one in the kalos E4 have 6 mons other than the champion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: kalos elite four.png (75 KB, 328x610) Image search: [Google]
kalos elite four.png
75 KB, 328x610
why did no one in the kalos E4 have 6 mons other than the champion?

why can't you rematch them with higher levels and different teams?
>>
Gamefreak wanted even more mass appeal so they dumbed the game down more then usual.
>>
>>25848782
Because the games are shit now and Gamefreak are lazy.
>>
Haha I don't know!
>>
>>25848782
No E4 has ever had 6 mons the first time around.

Them not having 5 mons the first time, and no new better rematch teams is inexcusable though.
>>
>>25848793
not op, but it still doesnt make any sense.
>>
>>25848793
i can buy that for the first challenge. beating the e4 is essentially the end goal of the main game. new players who stumbled through the game with exp share and gift pokemon out the ass would stand a decent chance.

but why aren't they any harder the second time around? you wouldn't challenge them again unless you wanted to fight better stronger opponents and yet they're still the same team and even levels as before.
>>
>>25848782
>why did no one in the kalos E4 have 6 mons other than the champion?
They started doing it in BW because kiddies complained Platinum was too hard.
>why can't you rematch them with higher levels and different teams?
Battle Chateau?
Full team rematches were probably planned for Z, but that one got scrapped so...
>>
>>25848900

Battle Chateau is garbage. They have smaller teams and if you use the Writs of challenge, they actually replace their movesets with level up moves.
Diantha running a Garevoir with Dream Eater as the only attacking move is a joke.
>>
>>25848782
Too hard for the kids.
>>
"Kids these days or even people who grew up playing Pokemon--everyone is a lot more busy. There are a lot more things competing for a person's time than there were back then. For example, there are so many free games you can play on your phone now, there's so many entertainment options, so making it a little easier to play is the reason for that."

"Back when I was younger, someone would buy us a game and that was the only game we had, so we had to play it," he added. "I don't think that's really the case for many people these days."
>>
>>25848782
Pokémon Director Explains Why Series is Becoming Easier.

Because. A lot of People are busy now of days.
>>
File: tumblr_o34nhsiDkJ1v7umrjo1_540.png (266 KB, 540x547) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o34nhsiDkJ1v7umrjo1_540.png
266 KB, 540x547
>>25848782
Thats why Sun and Moon will be released (GEN 6.5)
>>
The elite four in every single generation has never had 6 Pokemon during your first challenge. Usually they have five Pokemon, but Unova ruined that by only giving them 4 Pokemon and they've carried that over to XY.

The real problem is that they don't have upgraded teams after you beat them. They have different dialogue when you rematch them, so they should have made their team better too. Even ORAS's elite four had upgraded teams. They even used Mega-evolution.
>>
File: Elite4.png (52 KB, 959x129) Image search: [Google]
Elite4.png
52 KB, 959x129
>>
A better Elite 4 was probably planned for Z.
>>
>Siebold is literally just a cook
>>
>>25851974
Gayer than I thought.
>>
Because Gen VI was a stop-gap gen to fill time while they worked on something big hence the few legendaries, pokemon in the dex in general and features etc. Gen VII has been in the works since before Gen VI was even out. Gen VI was basically a beta and they hadn't even finished models and animations like flight for many pokemon.
>>
>>25852031
He's a chef, you philistine, an artist. Any pleb can be a cook but to be a chef takes artistry and taste
>>
>>25852160
>the few legendaries
There's five, that's the same amount as gen 1 (and only one less than gen 2).

>pokemon in the dex in general
From a programming/implementation perspective, mega-evolutions (and forms) take the same amount of work as a new Pokemon. When you sum the number of new Pokemon with the number of new Mega-evolutions, you get around 100 (which was the same as gen 2 and 4 added). Not to mention that XY had the largest in-game Pokemon selection ever.

>features
Gen 6 had full 3D graphics, models and animations for 700+ Pokemon, Amie (as well as additional animations for this), Super Training, the other PSS features, new moves, new abilities, a new type. I'd say it added more than gen 5 did.
>>
>>25848782
No E4 has 6 mons the first time you fight them.

They're also the highest leveled non-rematch E4 ever, being either 10 or 20 levels superior to other E4s.
>>
>>25852288
This is negated by the fact you can use the exp share - by the time you reach them, anyway, you can probably still easily defeat them. And they should have at least had five Pokemon - in fact, now that I think on it, I can't remember a single trainer in X/Y with exactly five Pokemon.

I'm not even some genwunning faggot who thinks that earlier Gens had a harder E4. They're all pathetic, with the exception of Platinum. But they could have at least done something.

>>25851834
This is such a poisonous mindset. Basically, "instead of letting kids handle challenge at a young age, we're just going to make everything for toddlers because we apparently dont make enough money".

I'm really glad Super PMD turned out as difficult as it did, and that there seems to be more legitimately challenging games on the 3DS that are doing commercially well. But then again, Masuda said S/M was going to be just as easy as X/Y, if not easier, so I have no hopes in that department.
>>
>>25848782
Because Diantha is that shit the E4 have to hold themselves back.
>>
In my opinion everyone in the elite 4 should have a mega pokemon and 5 pokemon. Or/As actually had a slightly challenging elite 4 which in my opinion made it slightly harder than X and Y. I say slightly because it's still easy.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.