[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Go to fight Jasmine after healing her pokemon > The Trainers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
> Go to fight Jasmine after healing her pokemon
> The Trainers there don't fight me, just tell me how great of a person I am.
> Jasmine thanks me again for all the help for healing her pokemon
> I then proceed to curbstomp her shit in with Typhlosion
> I feel like a dick afterwards

Anyone else had this problem?
>>
She could just give you the badge straight away.
>>
Pokémon stories are too shallow to really trigger any morality.

To me, anyway.
>>
File: tumblr_kznw06yV3S1qa7ynko1_500.png (96 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kznw06yV3S1qa7ynko1_500.png
96 KB, 500x401
If I was a gym leader I'd be so pissed off that trainers get a decent Fire/Water/Grass Pokemon right off the bat, especially if I was the first/second gym leader.
>>
>>25848322
Btw, if every beginner gets a starter, shouldnt they be extremely common among trainers?
Or does it apply to kids who live in the the prof's town only?
>>
>>25848439
I always rationalized it as those three Pokemon just happened to be available at the time.

In Gen I I think Oak even mentions that those were his final three.

I can't remember if it was Gen 4 or 5 that had quite a few trainers using the starters apart from you and your rivals. Normally you don't even see them.
>>
>>25848439
i think it's only the pokedex kids who get the rare starters. similr to how larry got help catching his ralts, gym leaders are in charge of handing out shitmons to kids.
>>
>>25848439
It wasn't like that at all int the original games. The protagonist only got a starter because they accepted to help out the professor with their pokédex or other research. I also assume they are fairly rare. Most people would have to catch a wild pokémon as their starter.

It's only in the anime and gen VI(maybe gen V too, I don't remember) that it looks like everyone can just ask a prof for a starter and dex and actually be entitled to it.
>>
>>25848489
>Ralts
>Shitmon
Also
>Larry
>>
>>25848322
The entire point of a gym leader is to test a trainer and their abilities, and whether it's worth it for them to continue their journey or not. They serve as teachers and tests and while the player characters usually have no problem beating them, that might not necessarily be the case for other NPCs. They even have different teams based on how many badges their challengers have, so it's pretty obvious they don't use their full strength.
>>
>>25848513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSFvntwgEQ
>>
>>25848540
>different teams
No they don't, only in Origins. Try and beat the leaders in different orders in the game, I know you already know it isn't true
>>
>>25848559
Then explain why they don't just use their PWT or rematch teams in your first fight against them. Maybe they don't use the gym badge system in the games but they still obviously have a method for how they choose which Pokemon to use.
>>
>>25848601
PWT isn't canon.
>>
>>25848439

Not everyone gets a starter, most catch whatever shitmon is close to their home
>>
>>25848601
Because that's their personal teams, and not their gym teams. When you rematch them it's as a friend, while they are on duty as a gym leader during the first match. Some gyms are just stronger than others, that's why they have more traners too. Or do you think they set up all the trainers just for you too?
>>
>>25848559
Its a game anon. The logic behind it is yes, they would adjust their teams to match the challenger. Or did you think that all the Kanto gym leaders went on a massive level grind between the time of R/G and G/S?

Levels are just an abstraction anyway.
>>
>>25848559
>Try and beat the leaders in different orders in the game, I know you already know it isn't true
No shit, Dick Tracey. The game mechanics don't allow for that. However, we aren't talking about game mechanics wise. We're talking about world/story setting. You know, a little thing known as game play and story segregation?
>>
>>25848559
Yes they do, Cheren literally explains this in B2W2

It's also pretty obvious GF had him say that because autists couldn't accept the simple "it's a video game, opponents get harder as you go because that's how video games work" explanation.
>>
>>25848649
>"it's a video game, opponents get harder as you go because that's how video games work"
I bet they actually believe the pre-schoolers have super duper strong (And beyond over-leveled to where they could have evolved) Pokemon.

Or that starting trainers from Kanto are fucked because the Kanto Gym Leaders in Gen II are super high level
>>
>>25848513
Yeah ralts is a shitmon in the beginning, fucker only knows growl and double team when wally catches his. Which reminds me. How the hell did wally even level up his ralts? Rare candies?
>>
>>25848487
In Gen I, normal trainers use starters. Same with Gen IV.

In Gen II, certain trainers would use Gen I starters.
>>
>>25848559
This has to be bait...otherwise how are you this fucking stupid?
>>
I felt bad about almost all gym leaders in B/W because it seemed being a gym leader was a second job to them. Like I always pull them away from their work to drag them to a gym and kick their asses.
>>
>>25848813
It's not that you're kicking their ass, but moreso them training you in advanced methods of battle. It's a gym, not the leather club.
>>
>>25848759
Struggle or the Daycare
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.