[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ORAS EV Training Question I'm training a Bagon in ORAS.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: macho brace.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
macho brace.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
ORAS EV Training Question

I'm training a Bagon in ORAS. It has Pokerus. It's holding a Choice Band. I'm knocking out Shuppet Hordes using a different Pokemon at the head of my party. That Pokemon also has Pokerus but is not holding an item.

Every guide I read says I should be getting 50 Attack EVs per battle. ((1+4)*5)*2=50, but it's not working that way. After 20 battles, the attack stat is not maxed.

Why am I not getting 50? What am I actually getting?
>>
>>25844344
Just google horde training, it's so fucking easy even kids do it.
I will assume that by choice band you meant a bracer and you aren't actually mentally retarded.
>>
First: You use the Power items, not the choice Items to EV train
Second: EVs don't add on yto your stats immediately, it's over the levels and you only see their full effect at level 100
Third: It takes four EVs to increase a stat by one point at level 100
Fourth: Look at the Super Training screen, it shows you your Pokemon's EVs
Fifth: This is better asked on a Pokemon battle board
>>
>>25844344
>Choice band
Kek
>>
>>25844361
You hit the nail on the head man. I was so damn sure I put the right item on him that I didn't even second guess myself. I've been looking at the solution to my problem the whole time. Glad it was that simple. I figured it was something right in front of my face. Needed a second set of eyes to see the mistake I was making.
>>
>>25844391
>Second:
Gen V ended about 3 years ago, fäm.
>>
Why is this type of training still even relevant given how fucking easy it is to just do Super training instead?
>>
>>25844489
You don't get 63 Attack stats at level 50 man
>>
>>25844553
Super training takes longer unless you are running custom EVs for certain pokemon.
It is easier to use super training for a 8HP/248Atk/182/Spe/60Def Offensive Lando, but it is slower for when you just want a 252/252 spread.
>>
>>25844553
Horde battles give 50 EVs each. Super Training takes just as long (assuming you use a move like Surf to knock out the Horde) and only yields 12 EVs each time.

Also, if you buy enough Power Items, you can give 50 EVs to every Pokemon in your party from just one battle (300 EVs from one battle if you have 6 power items). Which would take at least 25 times as long with Super Training.
>>
>>25844580
EVs take effect immediately after they are acquired as of Gen V (I think that's the Gen they changed it). So you can reset EVs of a level 100 Pokemon and still earn them back. Leveling up is no longer required.
>>
>>25844618
I'm this guy >>25844489, and understood later on that he means how the full effects of EVs are seen after leveling up to 100. Although it doesn't matter because auto leveling back to 50 scales you down to the effects of EVs at 50, he's technically right.
>>
>>25844583
>>25844591
I didn't know any of that. I feel like a real shit right now. I appreciate the education, anons.
>>
Gen VI also changed the max for a stat from 255 to 252. Now you don't have to worry about accidentally wasting the extra 3 points.
>>
>>25844618
No, you aren't understanding what I meant. The full 63 stat points you get from fully EV training a stat don't all appear until level 100, If you fully EV train a level 50 pokemon, you will only get half those points. I know that EV changes take effect after battle, but that's not what I was talking about
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.